Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 292328 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #875 on: April 03, 2015, 06:23:27 PM »
I guess cloning Sims is also OOTQ. I'm not trying to sound rude, but what's the point of cloning anyways if you can't use any clones for the Dynasty? I'd put up a general rule saying "Cloning is banned, period." But then again if someone can give an example of cloning which doesn't fall under the above rule, I'm up to debate.

Why would cloning sims be out of the question, exactly? I mean, if you can think of how it could seriously mess with the dynasty rules, bring it up. Otherwise, they'd probably be deadweight in a household, but if someone wants to play with them, it's their dynasty.

As for other things, you can clone anything else for any reason. Make money off cloned collectables, clone potions that aren't potions of youth, etc.

Beyond the basic rules, I'd rather leave an option open somehow than just issue a complete ban. At least for dynasties, anyways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #876 on: April 03, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
Thank you, Nutella.  I hadn't gotten far enough in playing retail to find that out, so it makes perfect sense.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #877 on: April 04, 2015, 03:14:47 AM »
Having an alien as a spouse and/or the parent of an heir is NOT banned, correct?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #878 on: April 04, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
Unless you can find a reason why they shouldn't (extended lifespan or something that really could break a dynasty), then it's fine. Apply that rule to any life states introduced later on too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty / Defunded

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #879 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:25 AM »
I hope I didn't offend too many people by my 'rant.' I just want people to know that I play different from most of you - I use cheats - so I can't ever be in Hall of Fame. At first I was upset about it, but after trying to do the challenges I envy you people who can micromanage needs and not have Sims nearly dead from starvation or dead on their feet because you made them burn the midnight oil all the time. I have a mental disorder that makes it impossible for me to be patient or focused, so it's hard for me to focus on one thing at a time. Even now I am trying to play The Sims 3 a game week at a time as it's boring watching one of my Sims fish and I am just ripping my hair out and saying 'come on, give the [edited-Metro] birthday alert for her so I can age her up and marry her to her housemate!!!" - If I messed up on the rules of the 4x4 and aged up her parents to old age early, I don't let it bother me because I am not posting the story. I've been playing for fun because my other games are boring right now and I want her parents to DIE so I can move out her stupid sisters and their imaginary friend partners but I want them to get pregnant first so they can populate the town!

It doesn't help that my computer tends to flip me off every now and then by flashing the little light to lag the processing power. And no, don't say "just de-frag the computer", I talked to my gym trainer about that, and he's an expert on computers and said the only way I can fix the situation is to delete all my folders and do a factory reset. *sigh*

My life (and that wall of text) aside...

I mean, if you can think of how it could seriously mess with the dynasty rules, bring it up.

I don't think many people have seen the animated Star Trek cartoon, but in one episode, the Star Trek gang rescued Spock from this crazy guy who used a cloning machine to clone himself so he would never die. I'm worried people would try to clone the Immortals to save their Dynasty - if the original accidently gets killed, they have a backup to take over!

OF COURSE, BEFORE YOU REPLY, I forgot that I read your guide on the Cloning Machine and, even if the Immortals clone themselves, those clones couldn't take over as they have no skills or job, so it'd take more time to get them up to snuff.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #880 on: April 04, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
Even now I am trying to play The Sims 3 a game week at a time as it's boring watching one of my Sims fish and I am just ripping my hair out and saying 'come on, give the [edited-Metro] birthday alert...

Please try and not imply vulgarity by putting symbols in words. Yes, it's better than typing the actual word, but we all say the word you're implying in our heads anyway, and we have kids on the forum who read posts. Thank you.

Online Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #881 on: April 04, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »
I'm just wondering how an alien abduction of an unmarried heir might roll... if that heir then becomes pregnant from the abduction. Would the resulting alien nooboo be the heir for the next gen even though it was out of the players control?

The reason I asked was in a fun game I'm just mucking around with my sim was indoors when the abduction happened.... even though he had to run outside etc etc to be abducted I couldn't cancel the action. This could make for a real plot twist in any dynasty. lol

*edited, not so much an unmarried heir... but a young adult or adult heir with no children as of yet*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #882 on: April 04, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »
I'm just wondering how an alien abduction of an unmarried heir might roll... if that heir then becomes pregnant from the abduction. Would the resulting alien nooboo be the heir for the next gen even though it was out of the players control?

The reason I asked was in a fun game I'm just mucking around with my sim was indoors when the abduction happened.... even though he had to run outside etc etc to be abducted I couldn't cancel the action. This could make for a real plot twist in any dynasty. lol

*edited, not so much an unmarried heir... but a young adult or adult heir with no children as of yet*

Not really answering this but you can avoid alien abductions by building a satellite dish on your lot. 

From Crinricht:

"Solution

You can invent a satellite dish if your Sim is a scientist. The dish has an option to turn off alien abductions for the lot it's on.

SateliteDish

You can also buy the dish through the buyDebug menu if you don't want to make the invention.

Follow these steps:

Open the Cheat Console with CTL-SHT-C
    Type bb.showhiddenobjects and press ENTER
    Search for Satellite Dish
    Buy it for around §400"

Of course, I think the bb.showhiddenobjects is banned, is it not?

Meanwhile, I've been messing around trying to get a new dynasty started.  I can see where this iteration is going to fail because I've made several strategy/thinking errors.  I got a boyfriend right away, Don Lothario is a push over.  I moved in the Landgraabs because I wanted their money.  I joined the Scientist career.  Trying to micromanage an unemployed boyfriend, a teenager, and two adults with different time schedules from mine is a nightmare.  On the bright side, I'm learning a lot about the career and can see where you could quickly achieve several aspirations at this job.  The error was first in creating my Sim, not suited for this career, and getting the Landgraabs right away.  Don was not a bad idea, (I don't think), but the Landgraabs make it really difficult.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #883 on: April 04, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »
Thanks heaps for replying Joria, my scientist sim already has a satellite dish but I was just wondering what the official rules might be around alien abductions resulting in pregnancy etc.  :) I mean it could happen with your founder right at the beginning and not everyone will want their founder to be a scientist etc etc.
Personally I think the first born child is heir regardless if alien resulting from abduction or not.... but, you know, that's probably my story-telling side wanting drama!  :P

Online Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #884 on: April 05, 2015, 04:33:53 AM »
Thanks heaps for replying Joria, my scientist sim already has a satellite dish but I was just wondering what the official rules might be around alien abductions resulting in pregnancy etc.  :) I mean it could happen with your founder right at the beginning and not everyone will want their founder to be a scientist etc etc.
Personally I think the first born child is heir regardless if alien resulting from abduction or not.... but, you know, that's probably my story-telling side wanting drama!  :P

Well, considering that the rule is
Heirs must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.

an abduction pregnancy can't be the heir (except for the final Heir of course).

I see the likely ruling as "The alien baby isn't the heir, hope you have room in the house left for the actual heir", with a slim chance of "Sorry, you failed due to circumstances beyond your control".

Online Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #885 on: April 06, 2015, 04:14:04 AM »
@Zyffyr, agreed.. that is the most sensible option.  :)
By the way, you can always choose to send the alien nooboo back to it's home world. So should an alien abduction/pregnancy happen it doesn't need to take up any valuable dynasty house positions.  :)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #886 on: April 06, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »
So basically, the same ruling as in the original Immortal Dynasty about alien abducitons - If your heir gets alien pregnant, he must send the child back to the homeworld and you cannot keep it. Fair enough.

Joria, I am so sorry you are failing this challenge over and over again. I would suggest easier challenges, like The Time Lord Challenge, but I know you have the stubborn determination of a Chikorita in winning this challenge so all I can do is support you and pray for you to win one day. My suggestion - if you moved in Don, you should have just moved in the entire Caliente household instead of the Landgraabs - they consist of Don and three unmarried women. If you had a male founder, he could have wooed one of the Calientes and saved you troubles, or the Caliente sisters could have been assigned to fishing and gardening.  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #887 on: April 06, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
Well, considering that the rule is
an abduction pregnancy can't be the heir (except for the final Heir of course).

I see the likely ruling as "The alien baby isn't the heir, hope you have room in the house left for the actual heir", with a slim chance of "Sorry, you failed due to circumstances beyond your control".

Abduction pregnancy can't be the final heir either.  If memory serves me right, abduction pregnancy only occurs in male sim.  Your 7th generation heir will be female, even if she gets abducted she won't get impregnated by aliens.  She could find an alien in town and have a child with him, your final heir will be alien/human, but through natural pregnancy and birth, which will be fine by the dynasty rule.

If you don't have enough room in the house left for an actual heir, you just have to wait for one of your household member to die of old age - free up a spot so your 7th generation female sim can get pregnant.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #888 on: April 06, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
Amended:

The firstborn child through natural pregnancy of any generation is the targeted Immortal. In the event a pregnancy results in twins or triplets, then the first named child is the next Immortal.

Alien abduction born children are not ban, you can keep as household members or send back to home world, it is your choice. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #889 on: April 06, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
So basically, the same ruling as in the original Immortal Dynasty about alien abducitons - If your heir gets alien pregnant, he must send the child back to the homeworld and you cannot keep it. Fair enough.

Joria, I am so sorry you are failing this challenge over and over again. I would suggest easier challenges, like The Time Lord Challenge, but I know you have the stubborn determination of a Chikorita in winning this challenge so all I can do is support you and pray for you to win one day. My suggestion - if you moved in Don, you should have just moved in the entire Caliente household instead of the Landgraabs - they consist of Don and three unmarried women. If you had a male founder, he could have wooed one of the Calientes and saved you troubles, or the Caliente sisters could have been assigned to fishing and gardening.  ;D

Thank you for your support, Etnafan66.  One go round I did move in the Caliente girls but they were SUCH a nuisance with their anger issues and always being in a bad mood I just couldn't handle it anymore.  Plus, they didn't have the wealth or furnishings the Landgraabs have.  It's a toss up over who I meet first, Landgraab or Goth, I just want their money.  lol

This time I'm perfectly ok with it if it fails.  I have two files going, in one I was going to use retail as my career but that can't happen so no store for me.  That file I'll once again either go for culinary or will go for another try at Scientist but differently.  The one I'm currently playing my scientist actually goes to work and I manage her actions while everyone else is either at school or work and I've learned a lot.  With the Scientist being managed I can see where I would quickly complete several collections and finish up the Curator aspiration, not to mention the things you make are a lot of fun.  The Scientist world is a huge one containing a fishing spot, several plants, aliens, dig sites and more.  If it weren't for it being a dynasty I'd build on it and put a larger garden than the place has.

In the different file I'll send my founder off to be a rabbit hole scientist while I actively play Don and the Landgraabs.  I want to see which way the founder reaches max in her job fastest.  So far she is moving right along with me micromanaging her, but neither Don nor the Landgraabs are doing much.  There is little time after work, (she has the option to stay late), so she comes home with everyone being tired, dirty, hungry and in desperate need of the bathroom.  Very little skilling for anyone except on weekends so fewer opportunities to fill whims.  I'm using skill books to keep their fun level up and to work on skills at the same time but it's harder to keep the other household members social needs up.

I hope you and the others here had a happy and blessed Easter.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #890 on: April 07, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »
Since we can buy retail lots, can they also serve as cemeteries so I don't stress over ghosts eating ambrosia? It'd be like a haunted toy store or art gallery. And can we have more than one retail lot as long as we can afford to?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #891 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:44 PM »
Checking with the team, will get back to you with the answer soon.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #892 on: April 07, 2015, 11:18:38 PM »
Added:

Substitute cemeteries: Willow Creek (Magnolia Blossom Park), Oasis Springs (Desert Bloom Park), and your own retail lot.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #893 on: April 07, 2015, 11:20:59 PM »
Since we can buy retail lots, can they also serve as cemeteries so I don't stress over ghosts eating ambrosia? It'd be like a haunted toy store or art gallery.

Just added retail lot cemetery to the rule, let me know if the wording is unclear. 

And can we have more than one retail lot as long as we can afford to?

Yes.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #894 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:24 AM »
@Nutella That's perfect, thank you  :D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #895 on: April 08, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »
Nutella, (and team), the Science lot is a huge world that is buildable.  Would it be allowed to add things to that world as long as you don't have to go into build/buy?  Like a painted at home picture or mood lamps?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #896 on: April 08, 2015, 04:51:37 PM »
You can hang paintings from your personal inventory, but you cannot add mood lamps.  Mood lamp requires you to go into buy mode.  Editing the lot by entering buy/build mode is not allowed, sorry.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #897 on: April 08, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »
You can hang paintings from your personal inventory, but you cannot add mood lamps.  Mood lamp requires you to go into buy mode.  Editing the lot by entering buy/build mode is not allowed, sorry.

But what if the lamps were brought from the home you built where you are allowed to go into build buy?  I always load my rooms down with aura lamps and just enable them as needed so thought I'd stick one in my backpack and bring it to work.  I suppose if you get one at work by using the ray gun would be ok too then?  That ray gun is awesome!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #898 on: April 08, 2015, 05:04:06 PM »
But what if the lamps were brought from the home you built where you are allowed to go into build buy?  I always load my rooms down with aura lamps and just enable them as needed so thought I'd stick one in my backpack and bring it to work.  I suppose if you get one at work by using the ray gun would be ok too then?  That ray gun is awesome!
Mood lamps can't be put in a Sim's inventory.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #899 on: April 08, 2015, 05:05:13 PM »
Mood lamps can't be drag into personal inventory.

anything