Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707346 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #915 on: April 12, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »
Yes, correct.  You can still go find a spouse and make an heir as normal. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #916 on: April 12, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »
Thank you both for the super fast reply!  :D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #917 on: April 13, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
Can you place and use any of the Science items created by your Scientist on any other lot other than work and home lot?  In particular the Satellite dish which, when used as "hive mind", can transform the moods of everyone on the lot.  For instance, you're at a park and you hive mind angry, or happy, or any of them.  The other day I was just not able to get my Sim to be friendly with others as they kept getting offended or angry.  Had I used hive mind I could have turned that situation around. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #918 on: April 13, 2015, 03:00:57 PM »
Yes you can.  From my experience, all the science items created can be put in personal inventory, hence you can pull it out and drop it at any lot without having to go into build/buy mode.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #919 on: April 13, 2015, 07:38:33 PM »
There are half made serums on the ground at the scientists lot in my dynasty. One of which is right in the way and my sim can not use a piece of equipment because of it. These serums are from the other non-controlled co-workers there. I had assumed that the serums would be cleaned-up over night or as my controlled sim travelled home and back etc but they haven't been. I have also saved/exited/reloaded etc. Still there.

Can I use build/buy to delete these half made serums or is there some other way or getting rid of them that I haven't thought about? Obviously my sim can not 'pick them up' or interact in them any way that I have found!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #920 on: April 13, 2015, 08:23:09 PM »
You have permission to enter build/buy mode to delete those half made serums on the ground, good luck.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #921 on: April 13, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »
Ok. Done. So I left the ones not in the way and deleted the one in front of the inventor robot thingy (can't remember it's name). Thanks.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #922 on: April 13, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »
I'd like a clarification as there's been a lot of confusion lately with the new pack: 

1)  Aliens are allowed for spouses, and a naturally born baby from that union would be an heir, correct?
As in, I have a Male human Heir, he woohoos with a Female alien, she gives birth to a nooboo, that nooboo is the targeted Heir?

2)  Would a nooboo born from a union between a male sim and male alien be considered "natural pregnancy" and therefore an Heir?

3)  If the gay natural pregnancy is okay, would it then be okay to leave your 7th gen as a male and do try for baby with a male alien instead of cheating to a female? (I note that this may result in the alien getting pregnant instead and would have to be tested if it's allowed)

Edits:  added more questions and clarified

Edit:  last 2 questions are invalid as it's not a possible thing (my apologies, test before assuming!)
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #923 on: April 13, 2015, 10:40:47 PM »
1)  Aliens are allowed for spouses, and a naturally born baby from that union would be an heir, correct?

Yes.  The aliens that you can invite into your home to become a spouse are allowed, the baby from that union would be an heir.  The abducted alien UFO spaceship where you don't get to invite them into your home, those baby from that union would not be an heir.

As in, I have a Male human Heir, he woohoos with a Female alien, she gives birth to a nooboo, that nooboo is the targeted Heir?

Yes, the nooboo is the targeted heir -- provided the female alien is living in your household.

2)  Would a nooboo born from a union between a male sim and male alien be considered "natural pregnancy" and therefore an Heir?

You can get pregnant from male sim + male alien?  I didn't know that.  I have to check with the team on the male/male pregnancy.

3)  If the gay natural pregnancy is okay, would it then be okay to leave your 7th gen as a male and do try for baby with a male alien instead of cheating to a female? (I note that this may result in the alien getting pregnant instead and would have to be tested if it's allowed)

I have to check with the team on this too, will get back to you with answers as soon as I can.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #924 on: April 13, 2015, 10:47:46 PM »
@Nutella - I'm a derp, sorry haha.  I totally made an assumption that it was possible based off of the abduction thing...  I just tested it in a game, there's no try for baby available.  My apologies, disregard the second two questions.

Thanks though, for the quick answer to the first question.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #925 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:17 AM »
There is a known inventory bug where you can't scroll through your entire inventory.  If you are with a member of your household all you need to do it click on them and then back to your inventory and it is temporarily ok again.  However, when you are a scientist at work, you may need to scroll through your inventory for an item, like a serum, and you can't always do it because of the bug.  Would it be allowed to quickly click build/buy and immediately back to your Sim to fix the inventory glitch? 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #926 on: April 14, 2015, 12:20:15 AM »
There is a known inventory bug where you can't scroll through your entire inventory.  If you are with a member of your household all you need to do it click on them and then back to your inventory and it is temporarily ok again.  However, when you are a scientist at work, you may need to scroll through your inventory for an item, like a serum, and you can't always do it because of the bug.  Would it be allowed to quickly click build/buy and immediately back to your Sim to fix the inventory glitch?
You can fix this without clicking on another Sim.  Just scroll up to the top of your inventory, and then switch to another menu on that Sim, and back.  This bug normally happens when you scroll down on your inventory and then switch to another tab.  To prevent it from happening, you should scroll back up to the top of your inventory before switching.  It can also happen though when you open up a stack in your inventory, or have the fridge and your inventory open at the same time.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #927 on: April 14, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
You can fix this without clicking on another Sim.  Just scroll up to the top of your inventory, and then switch to another menu on that Sim, and back.  This bug normally happens when you scroll down on your inventory and then switch to another tab.  To prevent it from happening, you should scroll back up to the top of your inventory before switching.  It can also happen though when you open up a stack in your inventory, or have the fridge and your inventory open at the same time.

Scrolling up and clicking a new tab doesn't work for me.  I found I had to close my inventory, switch to something else like the needs tab, then switch back to the inventory.  Thanks for letting me know as the only way I was dealing with it was to click on build/buy and then back to my Sim, which closes the inventory tab, or by clicking on another household member and then back.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #928 on: April 14, 2015, 02:23:32 PM »
I don't see a problem with you just clicking on build/buy mode to get rid of the bug, as long as nothing was change on the lot during build/buy phase.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #929 on: April 15, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »
dethdukk, that was the weirdest assumption - true, men who are abducted by aliens become alien pregnant, but that doesn't mean that aliens are like clownfish, who change their gender at will when they need to breed. (I got that tidbit of info from Cinema Sins video on Finding Nemo.) Unless you use a mod, you cannot have male pregnancy outside of alien abduction, so the 7th Immortal must be female rule remains. I hope that Get To Work's doctor profession allows you to change a baby's gender so the fact that you can't decide the gender of the baby born means that a cheat must be allowed if the seventh is a boy. *sigh*
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes