Author Topic: Kicking Careers into High Gear  (Read 43633 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Kicking Careers into High Gear
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 07:26:10 AM »
Metro was originally only going to give 100 pts per career level over 6, and then decided on 200.  So I'm guessing that in his example he reverted back to 100 pts per level. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
Metro was originally only going to give 100 pts per career level over 6, and then decided on 200.  So I'm guessing that in his example he reverted back to 100 pts per level.

That's exactly what happened. It's still 200 points per level, and it's 6 and above, not just over 6. So, I need to fix the example.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 06:10:54 PM »
Working with my practice file, I've discovered that even with all needs met, the right emotion, requirements satisfied, and picking the right option on a chance card, it takes about 2 workdays to get a promotion. With an age span of 42 days, that would suggest that even a good player is not going to be able to max more than 4 careers for two sims.

On the long age setting, there are 80 or 81 days from young adult to adult. I think there would be more variation in scores if you went to a long age setting ending at Adult, but it may be too late to make this change in the rules.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 06:37:01 PM »
Working with my practice file, I've discovered that even with all needs met, the right emotion, requirements satisfied, and picking the right option on a chance card, it takes about 2 workdays to get a promotion. With an age span of 42 days, that would suggest that even a good player is not going to be able to max more than 4 careers for two sims.

On the long age setting, there are 80 or 81 days from young adult to adult. I think there would be more variation in scores if you went to a long age setting ending at Adult, but it may be too late to make this change in the rules.

Thank you for the Information, Marian, but we're keeping it at Normal life span. I do not want players to have to play any given file for too long.

Offline pithenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 07:05:50 AM »
I will be doing this one as well, looking forward to my first Sims Tournament!  ;D
Just keep Simmin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 07:26:07 AM »
I will be doing this one as well, looking forward to my first Sims Tournament!  ;D

Good luck, pithenia! :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 09:05:27 AM »
Good luck everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »
I wish everyone luck as well!  Gonna start as soon as I get home ^^

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »
Seems like one even I could have a bash at! Might help me focus in on the "homework"especially only having two sims to work with. My last family ended up with triplets! (and one keeps getting angry and hates one of the others - especially if teased. I would expect to be holding up the bottom edge, but might be a good way to see how to work these challenges. At least I don't have to start with a blank slate and no money!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »
Seems like one even I could have a bash at! Might help me focus in on the "homework"especially only having two sims to work with. My last family ended up with triplets! (and one keeps getting angry and hates one of the others - especially if teased. I would expect to be holding up the bottom edge, but might be a good way to see how to work these challenges. At least I don't have to start with a blank slate and no money!

And trust me - you'll get better as the season progresses because as the really good players divulge their tips and secrets in these first couple events you'll be able to apply some of that to other events. It helps everyone get better and the competition gets tighter as the year progresses.

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
"sigh"just had my sims age up and only halfway through one career each! They keep getting distracted with the joy of living and meeting basic needs! I will be lucky to get these ones through ONE career each!
Be interested in hints and tips from the GOOD gamers further into the challenge! :'(

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 05:55:10 PM »
I'm starting this challenge today!

Good Luck, everyone! :)

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 02:58:41 PM »
I'm finished.

Probably an awful score but if I post first at least I can say I was at the top of the leader board for a short while!

I capped 2 jobs = 2400
1 other career to l6 = 200
23 rewards = 1+1.15

(2400+200)x2.15=5590

...If my maths is right. Please correct if wrong.

Good luck to everyone else  :D

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 03:06:19 PM »
Well done on being first!

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
"sigh"just had my sims age up and only halfway through one career each! They keep getting distracted with the joy of living and meeting basic needs! I will be lucky to get these ones through ONE career each!
Be interested in hints and tips from the GOOD gamers further into the challenge! :'(

It's pretty hard to max out careers, it takes ages to give them a promotion! even when I think I've met all their needs and such, it still takes a looong time. I'm really curious about my final score. I bet it won't be as good as the other challenge :P

anything