Author Topic: Who Says Money Isn't Everything?  (Read 59030 times)

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: Who Says Money Isn't Everything?
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2015, 07:00:05 AM »
Milliones de Pesos didn't quite live up to her name. My final score was 108,360

Offline sugrnspic2b

• Nooboo
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
Well I decided to sit this one out. I see you have to make a whole new game file and I'm not familiar with doing that. Before I try the next one I'll see if I can make it. I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated with the scores posted and am really eager to see how they got that high. I thought I was a crafty Simmer, but on my trial run I didn't even get close to the middle scores. Nice job everyone and good luck with the other challenges...  :)

Two questions, do you have to do all the challenges in order to win? Or do I still have a chance?
Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
Well I decided to sit this one out. I see you have to make a whole new game file and I'm not familiar with doing that. Before I try the next one I'll see if I can make it. I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated with the scores posted and am really eager to see how they got that high. I thought I was a crafty Simmer, but on my trial run I didn't even get close to the middle scores. Nice job everyone and good luck with the other challenges...  :)

Two questions, do you have to do all the challenges in order to win? Or do I still have a chance?
Thanks!

When you are at the Main game Menu just click the + sign at the top right of your screen and bingo - fresh new game. :) To be honest it was not clear to me either on day 1 when the game came out.

As to your question on participation, no, you do not need to participate in all events. Now, obviously if you understand how the world ranking is computed and the fact that participation is a big component, then your chances of doing well increase with more scores submitted over the season. Your WR is based on your top 10 finishes, so it's a real incentive to do 10+ because then I can drop your not so good finishes.

Offline sugrnspic2b

• Nooboo
Re: Really Excited but w/Question about CC/Mods rule
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
Hey @1Saved_Diva  I'm a CC addict, so I think I should be able to help you out. :)

1. Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts on your computer. There you'll see a folder called "The Sims 4" - (If you've ever installed CC ever, you should be quite familiar with this location). Rename this folder to something else like "The Sims 4 - Normal" or "The Sims 4 - CC."

2. Launch the Game! This will create a new game folder entitled "The Sims 4", and it will load with the default settings: sound, graphics/performance, etc., and, if you haven't disabled the tutorial via Origin, you'll be forced to sit through that, too. It's essentially a fresh install of your game that you can use for playing the tournament.

When you want to go back to playing with your 'normal' game, FIRST rename the new folder to something like "The Sims 4 - Tournaments" and THEN rename the old folder back to "The Sims 4". (You can only have ONE "The Sims 4" folder in your My Documents/Electronic Arts folder at any given time, otherwise your computer may try to merge the two folders and corruption and chaos could ensue). Next time you load the game, you'll have your old game back right where you left off, mods, CC and all!

One thing I've noticed is that "My Library" isn't shared between game folders (I have three at the moment; One "Normal", one "Dynasty" and one "Tournaments"), so unless you upload your sims to the gallery, if you make your challenge sim in one game's CAS, it won't show up in the other.

There may be other ways to do this, but this is the method I use and I find it works well. :)

Thank you so much! I did this and it worked! I would have just played on my reg. game file if I hadn't seen this post.  ;D

Offline sugrnspic2b

• Nooboo
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:29 AM »
When you are at the Main game Menu just click the + sign at the top right of your screen and bingo - fresh new game. :) To be honest it was not clear to me either on day 1 when the game came out.

As to your question on participation, no, you do not need to participate in all events. Now, obviously if you understand how the world ranking is computed and the fact that participation is a big component, then your chances of doing well increase with more scores submitted over the season. Your WR is based on your top 10 finishes, so it's a real incentive to do 10+ because then I can drop your not so good finishes.

Thank you for the quick reply! And I'm glad I didn't miss my chance.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2015, 02:35:11 PM »
Cutting it a bit close, but Nadia Ross finished with 1,080,883. Phew.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
Cutting it a bit close, but Nadia Ross finished with 1,080,883. Phew.

And I've just realised I can't finish early - she hasn't aged up yet, so I'm going to try to get her to age up and repost the score! I just realised stopping early wouldn't be allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »
And I've just realised I can't finish early - she hasn't aged up yet, so I'm going to try to get her to age up and repost the score! I just realised stopping early wouldn't be allowed.
Why wouldn't stopping early be allowed?  You could always just fast forward through the time and have her do nothing to make money during it.  If you think you can make more money during the time she has left though, I'd go for it for sure.  Great score so far.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2015, 03:35:04 PM »
Why wouldn't stopping early be allowed?  You could always just fast forward through the time and have her do nothing to make money during it.  If you think you can make more money during the time she has left though, I'd go for it for sure.  Great score so far.

After thinking I was at the end it wasn't viable to go back and keep making money as she had been, but I managed to do a bit while keeping her alive for the last few days.

Final score: 1,083,203

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2015, 03:36:50 PM »
@callycat - nice score. However, your first sentence was deleted in your last post given the event is still live and may have given someone an idea. ;)

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »
Great idea for a first challenge!

I didn't do a practice file so I'm kicking myself, could have done much better if I had but oh well  :o My sim earned a total of $261,061. I'm amazed at the amounts the top scorers earned, can't wait to hear how on earth they did it. I love that bit of the challenge, learning from everyone else! :)

Now on to the next challenge, eek!!

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »
@callycat - nice score. However, your first sentence was deleted in your last post given the event is still live and may have given someone an idea. ;)

Oops, sorry! I tried to keep the other bit vague, but I didn't think about that :)

Offline Celebrin

• Nooboo
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2015, 05:11:51 PM »
So my Kate Arellano made 205.928$

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2015, 05:28:11 PM »
callycat - check your PMs. Thank you.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2015, 05:33:40 PM »
callycat - check your PMs. Thank you.

I've replied to two messages from Nutella, but that's all I've received? There's nothing new there.