Author Topic: What expansions would you like?  (Read 9679 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: What expansions would you like?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 12:43:39 PM »
Actually as much as I'm looking forward to expansions, I's really like to see the new worlds that come with them. Since we can go back and forth between worlds in the Sims 4, It's easier to just visit and get to see wonders.

I'd like something similar to World Adventures. The CAS they provided in 4 gave us more flexibility to make people of different ethnicities, more so than Sims 3, and I'd like to see a world travel kind-of-deal.  :)

This, exactly. Can't wait for some new worlds and World Adventures was just so great in TS3 as it gave you a taste of some really different game play. Something similar in TS4 would rock.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 11:57:57 PM »
I'm looking forward to a family expansion because it's just too weird to see a baby turn into an 8 year old and an 8 year old turn into a 16 year old... I'd also like something like Seasons.

This.

I've given up on toddlers for the time being, but am hoping for 'pre-teens'.  They attend middle school, and are shorter than teens/YA, perhaps they have aspirations of their own, or early stages of adult aspirations. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »
I'm actually going to vote twice if I may.. I also just LOVED World Adventures. so more of that would be fantastic

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 09:00:26 AM »
Toddlers. Something with toddlers, dear plumbob. And a few more activities for the kids, too, now that they actually have time to do things other than work towards school/childhood aspirations.

Alternately, something like ambitions which allows for self-employment options and more work-from-home options.

I always get really excited over the idea of a Pets EP (and even more so now that I actually own a pet for the first time in 8 years and I want my kitty in my game), but once they're there, the pets kind of get neglected, or I get bored of them quickly. Pets was the worst EP for TS2 only because all of the other EPs offered so much more to the gameplay. The TS3 edition did better by adding horses, I'll admit, but the cats and dogs just left a lot to be desired.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Greenhat

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »
I always get really excited over the idea of a Pets EP (and even more so now that I actually own a pet for the first time in 8 years and I want my kitty in my game), but once they're there, the pets kind of get neglected, or I get bored of them quickly. Pets was the worst EP for TS2 only because all of the other EPs offered so much more to the gameplay. The TS3 edition did better by adding horses, I'll admit, but the cats and dogs just left a lot to be desired.
I loved Pets, but I did notice myself spending a lot of time just queuing up "play with the ball" for my dogs until their training fatigue wore off. It was sometimes hard to find productive things for them to do.

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 11:21:39 PM »
Some of my favorite things from past Sims game expansions included:
-Toddlers
-Tomb raiding
-Owning a business
-Self-employment
-Seasons
-Apartments
-Aliens
-College
-Diving
-Family Tree
-TIME MACHINNEEEE~!!

I am sure a majority of these will be added through a series of expansions later on since a lot of these I have mentioned were popular among Sim gamers. I do hope that in whatever the next expansion is we get another neighborhood or at least a creator to make and add in additional neighborhoods for Sims to visit. I always enjoyed playing my Sims in large worlds with lots of families housed in them, but since the neighborhood size is limited in TS4 I would like to have the ability to add more neighborhoods to my sims world to have more housing.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 10:48:23 PM »
I'm actually going to vote twice if I may.. I also just LOVED World Adventures. so more of that would be fantastic

I love this one too! Something similar to World Adventures will be really awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline minnaa

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2015, 05:51:08 PM »
Thanks for all the replies!

I would really like something like Makin' Magic. I know it's an expansion for the first Sims game but I loved it so much. I hoped that Supernatural would kind of be like Makin magic, but I was disappointed. So I'm hoping for something like that!

Keep posting  8)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 09:18:56 PM »
Thanks for all the replies!

I would really like something like Makin' Magic. I know it's an expansion for the first Sims game but I loved it so much. I hoped that Supernatural would kind of be like Makin magic, but I was disappointed. So I'm hoping for something like that!

Keep posting  8)
That's an excellent point! There are rumors of a Harry Potter inspired EP (rumors, just rumors). That reminds me though, I really loved Apartment Life from TS2, what with all the expansion it did to build mode, and the proper apartment-style living, and of course the witches. Something like that would totally be cool in TS4.

But I'm going to echo imayu I think it was - I want more towns, I feel like I've exhausted Oasis Springs and Willow Creek and I would love a little bit more to do and explore.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 04:03:59 AM »
I really want to see more careers! Like someone said above, I miss just regular jobs like the medical field. I also really, really, really want toddlers. I loved playing families, and it feels like that part of the fun's been taken away. I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Offline Snownova

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 09:46:27 AM »
I'd love to see an "Open for Business" expansion. I was really dissapointed they never properly did one for The Sims 3. (that DLC right at the end was just broken).

I want to be able to have a store on my own lot and sell the stuff my sims have crafted. I want a sweatshop in the back where my sim children work away their afternoons making macraroni art to sell as modern art.

Offline Temperius

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 10:48:23 AM »
my choices would be Supernatural/Gothic, Western and kinda 40's - 50's Maffia style, also I would love to see something comes out wich you can control your sim in all the times ( like having your house build on an club/bar so you can live and work at the same place.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 01:35:34 PM »
40's-50's mafia style would work so well with the deviance aspirations etc. lol Could be really fun!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 09:14:57 PM »
I want to be able to have a store on my own lot and sell the stuff my sims have crafted. I want a sweatshop in the back where my sim children work away their afternoons making macraroni art to sell as modern art.

This made me laugh so hard.

I would also love to see a historical/farming stuff pack/EP.

Offline dharmagoddess

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 11:52:01 AM »
Though I want to see some new and different expansions for sure (and Outdoor Retreat is nice to start) I'd like them to bring back Seasons, World Adventures, (possibly adding some new places along with the originals) and especially Supernatural. I'm seriously missing playing a witch and a fairy (and I think the new emotions would be awesome to integrate with Supernatural) and I really miss Bonehilda. I would be devastated if Bonehilda never makes it into Sims 4. I love her.

anything