Author Topic: 12/16/2015 - Patch Version 1.3.18.1010  (Read 9287 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: 12/16/2015 - Patch Version 1.3.18.1010
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »
I'm now having the cooking problem. My sims pay for the food then just no cooking actually happens. They are all now living on pizza.
I've cleared cache, rebooted.... fixed game through origin window. Still can't cook. I guess I'll have to wait till EA notices this is a problem and sends us a fix.

(Still, loving the new patch content regardless of teething issues.)  ;)

Using a grill should still work, if you are looking for a workaround for now.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 11:10:18 PM »
My sim seems to autonomously use the grill now, I can't remember if she has tried to cook on the stove since the patch.
That issue with the "care for self" thing is annoying. Although they are indeed "caring for self", the little lightning bolt thing is not there, so you can't switch to a sim not on your current lot, or make them do something else ie skill building. I had to take my sim home just to tend to the other sim.
Played my original sim and since the patch made aspirations easier, she completed about three I had been working on before, including Friend of the World. I hope that Beloved trait actually works now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about some of the bugs this patch introduced, but unfortunately that happens when you get a large patch (this one was around the 570 MB range).  Hopefully EA gets a fix out soon.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 01:29:06 AM »
Sorry to hear about some of the bugs this patch introduced, but unfortunately that happens when you get a large patch (this one was around the 570 MB range).  Hopefully EA gets a fix out soon.

I'm actually pretty happy with this patch.  The bugs will get fixed eventually, and I like everything (well almost everything) they changed.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 02:45:59 AM »
So as someone who hasn't updated her game yet - do the pros of the new things outweigh the cons of numerous bugs and glitches? (To patch or not to patch, that is the question)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 02:52:03 AM »
I would say so.  Especially since most of the bugs (those with aspirations/skills) can be gotten around with cheats.  Of course, that's just my opinion, though.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 02:52:30 AM »
I think they do out weigh the negatives. After all the game is only going to keep progressing and changing. The biggest glitch is probably the lack of cooking but EA will fix that pretty quickly. Your sims can still use the grills anyway.

There are some really great changes, it's only going to keep getting better in my opinion. I love that sims can now eat the produce in their inventories and the changes to the aspirations, while making them far easier (less of a challenge etc) still have enough of  a challenge to maintain interest.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 03:42:00 AM »
Okay, thanks you two. I jumped on the TS3 bandwagon rather late, so that by the time I did, everything was pretty stable. This having (and enjoying) the game from day dot is a rather new experience for me. :) I'm updating now. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 03:54:13 AM »
I'm now having the cooking problem. My sims pay for the food then just no cooking actually happens. They are all now living on pizza.
I've cleared cache, rebooted.... fixed game through origin window. Still can't cook. I guess I'll have to wait till EA notices this is a problem and sends us a fix.

(Still, loving the new patch content regardless of teething issues.)  ;)

@Playalot
This bug must not effect everyone. My sim who is working on his Master Chef aspiration is having no problems with cooking. Neither are other sims in the household.
Have you tried starting a new game to see if it is a over all game bug or just a bug with that game?
I hope this gets fixed soon for those that it does effect.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 04:00:49 AM »
@ Grimsoul, I've tried everything I can think of, restarting, deleting cache, repairing game in Origin window, deleting fridge/oven/you name it....

If it's a bug with my game I'll be gutted, it's my immortal dynasty file. I'm a bit worried to hear that it's not a 'global' bug!  :(

* edited. I uninstalled TS4 through origin, then installed it again. Perfect, all those really strange bugs have gone. All my saved games are still there, everything's the same and all working correctly!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 01:04:35 PM »
Interesting, they fixed one of the issues I had my own private fix for: the stray whim for writing a Romance novel now correctly asks (and tests for) a Mystery novel instead. And coincidentally it was the one fix I posted specific details about at answers.ea.com :)

Perhaps I should post about my small collection of fixes to other whims, preventing children from getting a couple whims they can't fulfill and fixing some of the wonkiness in fulfilling whims related to playing games :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
It really does seem like they are fixing them, DarkWalker! I am excited at that, as some bugs shouldn't be around for the life of the game. I definitely think it would be wise to share your findings. It will likely make a difference.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 04:13:20 PM »
Well, I still wish they would address a few other bugs, especially the bonsai one.  I appreciate all that EA does and the things we are getting, but there still are other bugs that make a big difference too.  Oh well, one day.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »
This appears to be the intended function, they changed the description.  I feel like it degrades too fast now, especially for a 4000 point reward.

From the tuning files, Never Weary only reduces energy drain by 50% now. Still powerful, but not nearly as much as before.

Well, I still wish they would address a few other bugs, especially the bonsai one.  I appreciate all that EA does and the things we are getting, but there still are other bugs that make a big difference too.  Oh well, one day.

I believe it's an one line fix to a single tuning file; at least my personal fix doesn't seem to have any side-effects.

I'm attaching it below, in case anyone wants to use or take a look at it. The only change is signaled by a comment that includes the word "DWFix". It wasn't extensively tested, though, I just made sure that the interaction was enabled for my Pristine Bonsai Shrub, and that it remained enabled when the shrub turned Perfect.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »
Does anyone have a list of specific changes to careers? I can only find general statements about what's different, and I would like an exact list for planning purposes.

anything