Author Topic: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 45796 times)

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2015, 08:58:07 PM »
I had a male Sim get abducted and pregnant when he had 9 days left until becoming an adult. When he gave birth he still had 9 days left, so it appears that it does extends life.
Hm. Is there any way to turn off aliens in the options, like you could turn off the Supernatural creatures in Sims 3?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2015, 09:11:39 PM »
Hm. Is there any way to turn off aliens in the options, like you could turn off the Supernatural creatures in Sims 3?
No, I wish there was.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2015, 03:58:49 AM »
The easiest solution is to force players to start with female sim only (no male sim).

Or to ban the use of Back to Business. :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2015, 08:36:25 AM »
With regard to alien abductions and male pregnancies, how about saying that if your challenge sim is abducted and becomes pregnant, the challenge time ends on the 3rd Sunday at 8 am after they start? That's when they usually age up unless there's been a pregnancy.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »
Or to ban the use of Back to Business. :D

It's not as simple as just choosing not to use the new features though. It would have to be uninstalled, unless there's a mod to select which expansions to use as there was for Sims 3. And there's a whole lot of fun stuff in it to use for challenges that would be wasted.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2015, 08:36:05 PM »
No we won't be banning any xpac, the only time we ban xpac is when it is first release when a challenge has already started.  Most likely we will have players keep track of the time or force players to use female sim only.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:36 AM »
Or how about play male at your own risk. If they do get abducted, you are DNF.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »
I like how you're allowing us to use a satellite to prevent abductions.  Do you know if we can still have our Sims abducted if they're not at home?

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2015, 08:00:18 PM »
Hi all!  It has been a long time since I last posted and since I participated in a Challenge.  I'm thinking of re-starting the game, picking up the new additions, and figured a Challenge might be a great place to hop back in!

I have never used debug before (not in Sims 3 or 4), and I understand that, for the most part, it's not allowed in Challenges.  That said, I understand there is now a hidden lights debug and that interests me greatly.  One of the reasons I stopped playing was that the game was too dark.  No matter how I fiddled with settings and options, it was just difficult to see interiors (I don't have this issue with anything else I do on this computer, so it's not the computer or monitor).

For the last day or so, I've played around with the hidden lights.  Although they aren't super bright and cheery, they do make a slight difference.  Enough of a difference to make the game more playable for me.  Therefore, I'm asking: is it possible to make an exception to the debug rule in order to allow for debug lighting?  I can't see where this would put a player at an advantage.

I did a search of the forums but didn't come up with a return.  Please excuse me if this question has been asked/answered before.  Thanks for considering!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2015, 07:26:34 AM »
Hi SimPoseyYum  - as a general rule, no mods are ever allowed in Tournament challenges, no matter if they give a player an advantage or not. We really do not make exceptions because if we did then the laundry list would begin - "Oh you guys allowed that lighting one, what about this clothing one?" Dynasties are a different story and we do allow certain mods for players in those challenges. It's great to see you post again and I hope you'll still participate in our events.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »
Ok, Metro (nice to see you, too!).  I understand.  It was worth asking, though!  I guess I'll have to see what I can do and do what I can see ;).

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2015, 05:14:45 PM »
Does the rule that bans editing non-home lots mean we are not going to be able to own retail lots in the remaining challenges?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2015, 05:27:59 PM »
Does the rule that bans editing non-home lots mean we are not going to be able to own retail lots in the remaining challenges?

No. In fact, the team is putting together a retail challenge after the two current ones are done.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »
Oh cool, that sounds like a good idea. I haven't explored it much yet. But I'm not 100% clear as to whether that will be an exception or if we have the option to own them in any challenge.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2015, 10:04:47 PM »
Just wanted you in the challenge team to know that I adore the challenges you put together. I might not always turn in a score but always read the strategies afterwards. I have learned so much about this game this way, and have taken a lot of the "extreme measures" tournament players used to my regular game file and increased my own enjoyment of my casual games.

I appreciate each and everyone who takes part in these tournaments - thanks for sharing!

anything