Author Topic: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 45205 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »
You can do copy + paste from what you see at the bottom of this page:
Carl and Pam's The Sims 3 & 4 Forum » The Sims 4 Forum » The Sims 4 Challenges (Moderators: Metropolis Man, LenaLJ, ratchie, MarianT, Blackrosea, Nutella, Trip) » 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »
That's what I ended up doing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »

Cheats and Banned Content

The following content is banned in all 2015 Tournament events:

Reloading a game or traveling/entering CAS to reset Whims - This is a exploit to force the game to spawn more Whims and is not allowed.

This was just added today. The team feels very strongly about this as it has a definite "exploit" feel to it - you're basically endlessly exiting and reloading a game to reset Whims instead of doing what most would do and just playing the game as is and going with what Whims fire naturally over time. Traveling just to get a loading screen to reset Whims is also not allowed.

This new rule covers both the two current live events. If you have employed this exploit in either the Elder Scrolls or the Teeny event, you have one free pass to restart.

-------

EDIT: Traveling or entering CAS to force a loading screen also causes a reset of whims and is banned - not traveling, of course - but mindless traveling or entering CAS for the sole purpose of resetting whims - that's an exploit.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »
This new rule is fab. I've had time to reflect upon it and to experience it with my second go at the Elder Scrolls challenge.
And I absolutely love it! The game is a lot more fun to play - just like @MarianT said it would be.
Thank you, Challenge Team.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
I didn't even know about that XD I never noticed.  I tend to save certain whims anyway, or just cancel whims and wait for something else to fire.  Now I'm going to be paranoid about traveling XD

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »
Travelling is fine don't worry.We just don't people intentionally travelling to a lot and back home again intentionally to reset whims. I would never have thought to do it either.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »
Clarified the following rule:

Editing Non-Home Lots - you obviously can change your own home lot, but cannot make changes to any other lots. Placing an item from Inventory on non home lots is not allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2015, 10:16:16 AM »
Traveling is fine don't worry.We just don't people intentionally traveling to a lot and back home again intentionally to reset whims. I would never have thought to do it either.

How about adding an addendum to that rule? Something like: You are free to travel, but to ensure you are not using travel to reset whims, you are not allowed to return back to your home lot for at least three hours of game time.

Three hours of game time would upset a lot of schedules and ensure that people can't just travel back and forth rapidly. It's sort of like the cooldown times for abilities in MMOs like Wildstar or Maplestory, it ensures that you don't spam the ability for a cheap win.

Also ratchie, not to nitpick, but my spellcheck caught your misspell of 'traveling.'  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2015, 10:33:25 AM »
Also ratchie, not to nitpick, but my spellcheck caught your misspell of 'traveling.'  ;D

Remember our forumers live all over the world. There is no one right way to spell some words. ratchie is in the U.K. and the spelling is different - like the word favorite and favourite.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »

Editing Non-Home Lots - you obviously can change your own home lot, but cannot make changes to any other lots. Placing an item from Inventory on non home lots is not allowed.

Ummm...does this apply to the active career lots?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »

Ummm...does this apply to the active career lots?

Provide an example.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »

Provide an example.

Well, e.g. in the science career one invents a lot of objects, puts them into inventory and then needs to pull them out again to satisfy a career objective.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2015, 02:04:53 PM »
Placing an item from Inventory on non home lots is not allowed.

Is this from the buy mode inventory, or your sims inventory?  For example, is it ok for me to travel and place an instruments from my sims inventory into the world?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »

Is this from the buy mode inventory, or your sims inventory?  For example, is it ok for me to travel and place an instruments from my sims inventory into the world?

No, you cannot do that. This may be changed for next year.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »

No, you cannot do that. This may be changed for next year.
Darn, guess I'll have to start over then.  Oh well.

anything