Author Topic: The Andrews Decadynasty (Complete)  (Read 21427 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Andrews Decadynasty (house 8)
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2015, 11:48:54 AM »
Loved the wit of that chapter:  particularly the tall, dark, and handsome stranger part.
Must say, the heart-themed outfits actually worked quite well for her.  Seems it could have been tacky, but against the backdrop of that house, it was nice to have something pleasant and charming  :=)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »
The interior designer for that house had interesting choices, lol. Verity and Locke certainly were busy  ;) Oh, Valentina. I almost thought there would be a dall, dark stranger for her  ;D

They were very, very busy - it took three days of trying to finally produce Viva.

In his defence, Mario was quite attractive once... back when he was at school with Verity :o (He aged rather slowly, otherwise he might have been the father of the previous generation. Which is rather a creepy thought.)

Loved the wit of that chapter:  particularly the tall, dark, and handsome stranger part.
Must say, the heart-themed outfits actually worked quite well for her.  Seems it could have been tacky, but against the backdrop of that house, it was nice to have something pleasant and charming  :=)

And there I was going for tacky and hideous with Valentina's outfits ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2015, 01:58:23 PM »
This chapter was too funny  ;)

Eight down, two to go! Looking forward to the last two heirs.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Andrews Decadynasty (house 9)
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2015, 03:05:07 PM »
Riverview was showing signs of getting buggy, and so Valentina and Mario were relocated to Twinbrook and moved into 6 Willowdale Lane. It’s a house I’ve often meant to play in, but hadn’t got round to yet.

This next part does not require a commentary.

This is Velma. After the previous household, she will be an only child.

As Mario was getting on a bit, I let him focus on his LTW of Perfect Mind, Perfect Body.

That left Valentina to teach Velma her toddler skills.

And Mario got the Ruining-Velma’s-Birthday-By-Making-Her-Study duties.

With her dad working out and her mother sculpting behind a locked door, Velma tended to end up playing by herself. She liked her dolls best.

The playing came to an abrupt halt when she aged up. Science equipment appeared on the deck, and she started being made to analyse things.

Mario got his lifetime wish of being able to balance a football on his shoulder blade.

Valentina’s days were an endless blur of sculpting drudgery.

Mario left an extremely boring meeting only to encounter Grim on his way out of the business building.

Velma maxed science just as the camera panned over to Mario dying, so instead here she is testing out her new Group Science Project.

Velma had a birthday and graduated. Her classmates voted her ‘Most Likely to Write a Best-Selling Novel’, so they clearly haven’t read the DecaDynasty rules. Instead, she joined the Private Investigator career.

She immediately set about restoring law and order to Twinbrook.

Although some criminals weren’t daft enough to set off her ‘Can Apprehend Burglars’ spidey senses, and she had to do a bit of detective work.

DeAndre Wolfe always seemed to be up to no good. She began to suspect that he was the Mastermind behind the wave of crime and corruption that had suddenly hit sleepy Twinbrook.

But the Boss turned out to be the last person she would ever have suspected.

He’d have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for that meddling Sim.

The Mayor was delighted to have Twinbrook safe once more, and presented Velma with the Key to the City.

With the killer pony safely locked away in a secure stable, Velma returned to her first love, and Supermaxed science. That done, she liked to sit near her pretty shiny plaque, and preen.

Once preening got dull, she took up inventing because I she was bored. And because she’s a Renaissance Sim and she needed a third skill, of course.

And I let her have a wish she’d been holding on to since her YA birthday.

As one Sim entered the household, another one left.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »
With Valentina gone, Scooby and Velma became inseparable.

He was the only guest invited to her birthday party (which didn’t stop the maid joining in the celebrations).

However, while Velma was quite happy alone with her puppy, the rules were quite insistent about that whole spouse thing. She actually had a romantic interest from her prom, but I’d been hoping not to have to use him. Notzo Curious is a bit Twinbrooky for my liking.

However, he was the only single male homeowner left (thanks, Story Progression), and so a Twinbrooky spouse it was.

The maid seemed to share my views on Notzo.

Fortunately for the progress of the Decadynasty, Velma is less shallow than me and the maid.

I didn’t think any wedding dress could be pretty enough to make up for Notzo’s trousers, so I just went the quick wedding-in-the-living-room route.

And now we await the inevitable Twinbrookyness of Generation 10... (Although I have finally caught up with my game, so there will be a delay.)

House 9

Parents: Valentina Andrews and Mario Frantz
Address: 6 Willowdale Lane, Twinbrook

Heir: Velma Andrews
Traits: Perceptive, Genius, Bookworm, Socially awkward, Dog person
LTW: Renaissance Sim
Maxed career: Private Investigator
Supermaxed skill: Science
Other maxed skills: Logic, Inventing

Both parents living together at time of birth.
Heir on the honour roll at both elementary and high school.

10 Opportunities completed by heir:
1. Old Ladies Crossing (scouts)
2. Badging Ceremony (scouts)
3. Scavenger Hunt: Precious Metals (special)
4. The Case of the Aloof Academic (private investigator)
5. The Bad Call (private investigator)
6. The Mystery of the Stolen Credit Card (private investigator)
7. The Case of the Wayward Jalopy (private investigator)
8. A Spook Story (private investigator)
9. Construction Equipment Needed (inventing)
10. Logic 101 (logic)

10 NPC friends:
1. Pierre Chevalier (tourist)
2. Ismael Kane (pizza deliverer)
3. Melisa Emmons (pet adoption worker)
4. Cara Goodman (babysitter)
5. Mack Leal (repoman)
6. Cherry Blossom (party dancer)
7. Lydell Arias (repair technician)
8. Darrick Hines (maid)
9. Devin Posey (social worker)
10. Dee Liver (newspaper deliverer)

10 Household best friends:
1. Notzo Curious
2. Pansy Prudence
3. Graciela Jones-Brown
4. Edna Bourque
5. Cho Sonwhun
6. Lucy Ferne
7. Betty Wills
8. Gala Ball
9. Cherry Blossom
10. Emerald Greenwood

Fully upgraded property: Lakeside Community Library
Fully upgraded building: Bachelor Stadium

Large tombstone: Valentina Andrews
Medium tombstone: Mario Andrews ne Frantz

Collection: Sculptures, total value §134,651

Vacation days used: 0

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »
I loved the fact that Velma's outfit was so true to the original character's outfit  ;D

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2015, 04:23:46 PM »
I loved the fact that Velma's outfit was so true to the original character's outfit  ;D

The original Velma was my favourite character :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2015, 06:12:40 PM »
I see what you did there with Velma, clever idea.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 08:06:37 PM »
Jinkies!  You really got Velma spot-on!  Fantastic job.
Loved the logic behind the living room nuptials.  Comedic genius!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2015, 01:42:59 PM »
Wow!  You’re getting through this so quickly.  Random responses:

House 8

Playing in that house must have been quite a strain on the eyes (or did you keep the walls down?)  Very distinctive décor.  Well. Meadow C-R is insane, of course.

That was quite a shaving cut that Mario had.  He must have been really nervous about the wedding.  Also, nice car :D.

House 9

I have to join in the admiration for Velma’s appearance.  Scooby’s not bad, either (if a bit undersized ;) ).

But the Boss turned out to be the last person she would ever have suspected.

I actually sat and giggled at this.  My family thought I was mad (mind, that’s nothing unusual).

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2015, 08:50:44 PM »
Velma-the-sim says thank you, but resents the idea that she might not be totally 100% original ;)

Loved the logic behind the living room nuptials.  Comedic genius!

I figured there was no way on earth anybody would look at Velma's dress anyway, if they were busy vomiting/hiding their eyes from the sight of those trousers.

Wow!  You’re getting through this so quickly.  Random responses:

House 8

Playing in that house must have been quite a strain on the eyes (or did you keep the walls down?)  Very distinctive décor.  Well. Meadow C-R is insane, of course.

That was quite a shaving cut that Mario had.  He must have been really nervous about the wedding.  Also, nice car :D.

House 9

I have to join in the admiration for Velma’s appearance.  Scooby’s not bad, either (if a bit undersized ;) ).

I actually sat and giggled at this.  My family thought I was mad (mind, that’s nothing unusual).

I mostly kept the walls down (but then, I often do anyway), and then I wore sunglasses.

I Velma staked out the pet adoption agency for ages looking for big dogs, but they didn't seem to have any. Scoobs was the only dog I could find who wasn't an elder, and is actually a bulldog under the paint job.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Andrews Decadynasty (house 10)
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »
Here is House 10:

‘Tis a dark and gloomy place. Or I forgot to get a screenshot in daylight. One or the other.

Velma immediately started playing around with radiation, as she’s responsible for this house’s collection.

And Notzo and Scoobs got acquainted.

Velma produced Generation 10 (:D)

This is Vianne. For once, I really appreciated the baby stage, before all those Twinbrook genes could kick in....

They grow up so fast.

Outside, Notzo planted one of Velma’s science experiments:

This is Verna, the last baby of the DecaDynasty.

Vianne aged up to child, and made an early start on her Supermax.

And Notzo followed her example, and also started skilling. (In addition to gardening, he took up guitar and Velma tutored him in logic, to knock out Renaissance Sim.)

Plantlet spam:

Vianne aged up to teen, and acquired a hairstyle that covered her face... She started working seriously on cooking, and trying to make it onto the honour roll.

I also let Vianne have a pet. Or at least, Pantoufle is supposed to be Vianne’s pet, only nobody told Velma.

I acquired the final tombstone. Sorry, Notzo.

And Velma had Young Again potion, as a lot of her NPC friends were still alive and I was hoping to recycle them :)

Vianne became a young adult. She cooked. A lot.

She also joined the culinary career, and befriended her boss...

(He’s actually married to another of her colleagues, which probably makes things a bit awkward at work. Fortunately for Vianne, she’s never liked the idea of commitment anyway.)

The Sim deaths haven’t really bothered me as much as I expected, but this one upset me :( RIP, Scoobs.

And then I got two simultaneous bugs and thought I was going to have to call this a loss with one week to go  :-\

Vianne was at level 9 of her career when I got that bug that stops their career progress bar increasing. On the same day, her relationships panel went blank and she lost all her friends. The relationships panel sorted itself out, but I had to use some LTHP to buy some instant social group influence, turn her into a Workaholic, then she spent her four-day break between work days alternating between working from home and the motive mobile until the bar was full.

Fortunately her progress bar stayed full during her last shift, and she became a Five Star Chef, which was her final moving requirement. Phew.

And just after midnight:

House 10

Parents: Velma Andrews and Notzo Curious
Address: 6 Knothole Lane

Heir: Vianne Andrews
Traits: Good, Friendly, Ambitious, Commitment issues, Natural cook, Workaholic (nerd influence)
LTW: The Culinary Librarian
Maxed career: Culinary
Supermaxed skill: Cooking

Both parents living together at time of birth.
Heir on the honour roll at both elementary and high school.

10 Opportunities completed by heir:
1. Quest for the Lead (ballet)
2. Ballet Recital (ballet)
3. Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza (special)
4. Cultural Interview (high school)
5. I Need a Date (adventure)
6. Create-a-Crepe (culinary career)
7. Super Stir-Fry (cooking)
8. Allow Me To Introduce Myself (charisma)
9. Falafel Portfolio (culinary career)
10. We Love Falafel (cooking)

10 NPC friends:
1. Santos Worrell (mail carrier)
2. Ismael Kane (pizza deliverer)
3. Melisa Emmons (pet adoption worker)
4. Cara Goodman (babysitter)
5. Mack Leal (repoman)
6. Grim Reaper
7. Richie Apablaza (singer)
8. Darrick Hines (maid)
9. Devin Posey (social worker)
10. Dee Liver (newspaper deliverer)

10 Household best friends:
1. Darren Newby
2. Kelsey Crabtree
3. Ariel Arrendondo
4. Horace Beard
5. Tawanna Hankins
6. Cara Goodman
7. Charissa Robb
8. Terry A. Keyes
9. Cherry Blossom
10. Alisa Dove

Fully upgraded property: Cleanesque Laundromat
Fully upgraded building: Wilsonoff Community Theatre

Medium tombstone: Notzo Andrews ne Curious

Collection: Beetles, total value §34,000

Vacation days used: 3

Finish: Week 89, Day 3 (or Day 25 for me)
Watermelons consumed: c. 290
Total value of collections: §1,376,142

Family Tree

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Andrews Decadynasty (Complete)
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »
Her face is not that bad... Except for the eyes. I bet she'd look great with normal eyes.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2015, 09:36:19 PM »
Her face is not that bad... Except for the eyes. I bet she'd look great with normal eyes.

The hair helps - I had to be really careful selecting it, because she looked awful with most styles (her nose is also a bit odd, but that hair seems to balance it out). But yes, she could have looked so much worse... I was dreading her inheriting Notzo's huge sticky-out ears.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2015, 10:25:10 PM »
The hair helps - I had to be really careful selecting it, because she looked awful with most styles (her nose is also a bit odd, but that hair seems to balance it out). But yes, she could have looked so much worse... I was dreading her inheriting Notzo's huge sticky-out ears.

Oh you're so lucky. I got three generations of big Curious ears in my immortal dynasty. :(

I'm also moving this to the Completed Dynasties board!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything