Author Topic: What causes Sims on The Sims 3 to cheat?  (Read 8427 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
What causes Sims on The Sims 3 to cheat?
« on: January 04, 2018, 07:31:03 PM »
My Sims on The Sims 3 got married recently she is Adult female he is a Young Adult male they were chatting to eachother and confese to cheating came up how did this happen and how can it be avoided she had a naughty reputation when she married her husband.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: What causes Sims on The Sims 3 to cheat?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:15:23 PM »
Unless you want to tank your sims' relationship, never use the "confess to cheating" social!

Sims 3 considers anything other than one love interest cheating. Even if it is just two or more romantic interests that are not committed at all (none steady or engaged or married). If you have two love interests, your sim will be considered "naughty" and if they confess to cheating or are accused of it (an interaction you can't cancel without resetting the sim if it pops up) they gain the cheater reputation.

If you want to avoid a chance of the sim being accused of cheating, you'll have to make the relationship outside of the marriage non-romantic by going to the romantic interest and using the "ask to be friends" option under mean. Their relationship will take a hit, but it should prevent any chance of your sim being accused of cheating and get rid of the "confess to cheating" option. It should then set the reputation back to "none" until enough days have passed to get a "faithful" relationship to her husband.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:35:34 PM »
What i done is i went to a friendship list of my adult sims friends who are all i decreased their friendships to disliked will that help stop my adult female sim from cheating,At one time my adult female sim was talking to a male sim and i accidently went to the romance option could that be the cause of cheating plus will a good communication between my two married sims prevent cheating and what about my two sims sticking together will that also help.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 01:08:17 AM »
If the relationship is red enough that the "romantic interest" has changed to "disliked" it might consider the romance gone. You could check their panel under the sim information, where the memories and stuff are, it should tell you what the reputation and active romances and romance history are. If they can still "confess to cheating" then it's likely still active.

As for how it happened, the romance socials can start a romance if one of them confessed attraction even if they did not kiss. Also, if a sim is inappropriate there is a chance they will autonomously kiss other sims, and that will turn the sim that was kissed into a romantic interest if it was not rejected. If neither sim is inappropriate then you don't need to worry about that, however.

Unfortunately, even a very high relationship between sims will not automatically rule out them cheating if left to their own devices, especially if they have the flirty or hopeless romantic traits. The former will autonomously flirt with sims they find attractive even if they're happy in a relationship (I had a happily married flirty sim once hit on the grim reaper in front of her husband who she was full green with, right after Grim took her father) and hopeless romantics will sometimes be flirty and will often be receptive to other sims' advances even if they're in otherwise happy relationships.

anything