Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 54149 times)

stephalina

Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2011, 02:36:49 PM »
Here is a true story of Sims addiction for you, that happened mere moments ago.

I'm in a small meeting with my staff, and we have several ladies named "Pam" that serve as consultants for us. We typically say their full names to clarify who we are discussing. One of our Pam's last name starts with an M. During the meeting, I was saying something and said her name was "Pam Marsden".

My staff looked at me and said, do you mean Pam M*****? Who is Pam Marsden?

I just smiled and corrected myself.  ;D

HAHA. I had to share with you guys!

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2011, 04:43:45 PM »
My name is Jeana and my sister's friend came over one time and brought the game over. I couldn't leave it alone ever since. That's how I discovered The Sims 3.

My Sims experiences states back to Elementary School in the third grade, on computer day, when I played SIM TOWN. I found the original sims quite fun, but the sims 2 gave me more possibilities when I first played with my cousins on the video game counsel. I love creating lives.

I plan on getting my own SIMS 3 base game, under my own name, with a fresh supply of Sim Points, and even installations of all the EP's they have so far, so I have more CAS options, and towns, and less dependence on the The Sims 3 exchange, which tends to be full of worms, and bugs.

I'm also addicted to FarmVille as well. SO when I'm not socializing out of the house away from the computer, or pampering myself, with the use of tanning beds, and getting my nails done at the salon, that's another game I play.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2011, 04:52:39 PM »
I was addicted to Farmville sometime too, but I just got sick of being forced to harvest your plot of land at a set time, and if I missed it, it would wither. In Sims 3 you can always save, and come back, say, a year and a half later and continue playing from where you stopped.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2011, 11:06:15 PM »
True. My cousin's boyfriend is a huge Sims 3 fan. I can't give too much details on what he does with his games, since they go against the forum rules. However, he rearranges his towns, by trapping all his premade sims in a cheap house and killing them in a fire. I don't get why he can't just evict them. I like to do mean things to my premade sims. One time I made Nick Alto swim in his pool. He freaked out on me. Vita made fun of him. I once had Gunther Goth troll on the forums for 24 hours straight.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2011, 01:27:05 AM »
In Sims 2 Bella was abducted by aliens and isn't playable. Probably you're talking about either Sims 1, or in her copy in Strangetown?

Yes. Sims 1 Bella died in a fire. Makin' Magic kept uninstalling the game, so when I gave up trying to install it, She was alive again.

Even though I'm unsure if I am a member, welcome to the club Emily!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2011, 01:57:41 AM »
Even though I'm unsure if I am a member, welcome to the club Emily!

I'd imagine it's like the other addiction support groups that this thread takes it's name from:  if you think you need to be here, then you probably do.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2011, 02:09:17 AM »
I'd imagine it's like the other addiction support groups that this thread takes it's name from:  if you think you need to be here, then you probably do.  :P

That makes sense.
I am a member!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2011, 05:38:45 AM »
Another member joins the club! Welcome, Seabody! :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »
That makes sense.
I am a member!
*claps* Welcome to the club, Seabody!  ;D
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2011, 11:05:55 PM »
Welcome Emily and Seabody! I have called you Jessie so long, I hope I can remember your real name!!  ;D If I call you Jessie again, sorry lol.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
If you do, I don't mind. It is my username, and my dog's name, after all.

I'm so addicted to the Sims that I couldn't stop playing on it this morning, and now I have a lot of catching up to do on my assignment. Ooops...

I'm really tired as well, because I stayed up late (until about 4am) playing on it. I just told everyone that the wind kept me awake  ;D

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »
I have to go away to Gibraltar next week for work for three days and I can't wait for it. Reason why, I'll be taking my laptop with me and I will have two uninterrupted afternoons and evenings of simming!! Woot!

Am I addicted to the sims? I'm going to another country and I'll be playing the sims.
Answer: Yes!  :D

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2011, 12:11:42 PM »
I have to go away to Gibraltar next week for work for three days and I can't wait for it. Reason why, I'll be taking my laptop with me and I will have two uninterrupted afternoons and evenings of simming!! Woot!

Am I addicted to the sims? I'm going to another country and I'll be playing the sims.
Answer: Yes!  :D

Haha! That's what any 'normal' person (anyone who has posted on this thread, basically) would do! I'm also taking my laptop on holiday with me on Friday.  :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »
You guys can leave your laptops at home while on a holiday?!  :o I can't. I have to take it anywhere, absolutely. Mainly for playing Sims. ;D Last day we visited my aunt and her family, me too. But my laptop was at home, since I was returning from school. Well, I quickly went home, took the laptop, and back to my aunt's house. There, I played Medieval for about 6 hours. It was 1:00 AM in the night when I closed the lid of my laptop and we returned home. :D

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2011, 03:55:58 AM »
Hehe, I think I'm a member already, but if not...
Sign me up! ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

jessssi

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2011, 09:14:29 AM »
Okay, after what happened this morning, I definitely need to sign up.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
Hn? What happened this morning?
Formerly Simstar3

jessssi

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
I thought I was the Sims game. You know how when you install an expansion pack all these glitches start forming? Well, I was in the middle of a dream when my stomach started hurting and it woke me up but not fully. So for some reason I thought that the reason my stomach was hurting was because an expansion pack was installed and I was just glitchy. I don't know, it was weird. That's what happens when you're half awake.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
That's both really funny and really weird.
Formerly Simstar3

jessssi

« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
Right? That's how I know I need Sims Anonymous. Or at least Sims Rehab.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2011, 06:24:11 PM »
Oh my, when you're dreams are glitchy, I think it's time for EA to work out all the bugs. You're dream doesn't mean you need Sim Rehab, it just means EA needs to work more on the bugs to get them cleared up!  ;D

jessssi

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »
Oh my, when you're dreams are glitchy, I think it's time for EA to work out all the bugs. You're dream doesn't mean you need Sim Rehab, it just means EA needs to work more on the bugs to get them cleared up!  ;D
Well EA needs to get a move on. Too many bugs. My brain (and my sanity) can't take it anymore, lol.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »
I second that one!!

Offline Tommyo3000

• Immortal
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2011, 11:09:01 PM »
Hi I'm Tommyo3000 and I'm a Sims 3 Addict. It all started about last year when I got sims 3 console version as a gift for Christmas. I thought it sounded boring and I never played it, but instead played my other games on my PS3. Well one day I was really bored and saw the sims 3 game lying there. I decided to try it and instantly was hooked! I would play it all the time and soon I researched about the Sims 3 for mac and PC and bought it and got hooked on it even more than the other one! Just the other day I was looking in the back of this box and guess what I found: The Sims 2. Now I'm hooked on all 3 and can't find the time to play them all!  ;D

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2011, 08:24:07 PM »
GREAT! Now I need Sims Medieval Anonymous. ;)
Been playing it sense last Friday and of course the Sims 3 as well.