Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 110190 times)

Sportsfan

Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
How...how am I supposed to read and understand that?! ???
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »
How...how am I supposed to read and understand that?! ???

It's the way you pronounce the word. Transcription, I believe. Like, instead of typing Em-brow-zi-a, you type [æmˈbrəʊzɪə]. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2011, 01:01:26 AM »
I say it "Am Bro Shia". Pronounce the "Shia" like it rhymes with "ja".

Sportsfan

« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2011, 01:04:50 AM »
You can tell that we are all totally addicted to the sims cause we are discussing how ambrosia is pronounced.  ;D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2011, 03:17:35 AM »
You can tell that we are all totally addicted to the sims cause we are discussing how ambrosia is pronounced.  ;D

That's not addiction!
Just joking, it totally is. ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2011, 03:45:18 AM »
It's pronounced [am-broh-zhuh].  There's even a audio button on this page where you can hear it. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »
Huh. So I was right for once. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2011, 04:26:33 AM »
It's pronounced [am-broh-zhuh].  There's even a audio button on this page where you can hear it. 

Well, um, I'll say it wrong if I want to! Hmrph. ;D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:16 AM »
Well, um, I'll say it wrong if I want to! Hmrph. ;D

Of course, quite a few words are pronounced differently in different English-speaking countries.  There may well be more than one way to pronounce ambrosia, depending on where one lives.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2011, 09:39:49 AM »
So I just realized... I haven't shared my story. Sorry about that.

Hi everyone, my name is TheChronicR and you can call me Chronic or TCR. I'm a simaholic and has been one since about 2004 or maybe 2005, if memory saves me. Well, whatever, it all started out with TS2, as I haven't discovered TS1 yet. One of my classmates was an addict at the time and we used to visit their house once a week at least, so whilst our parents were chatting, we played Sims on her computer. I used to wonder what all those families were, since she couldn't create just so many and I genuinely thought that it was her father who created them and populated the town with the likes of Don Lothario and Cassandra Goth.

Thus, when I got my first PC in 2006, I got a chance to purchase and try out the game myself. And then it all started... one after another, all my DVD shelves were occupied with TS2/TS1 discs. It was a total addiction, and what's totally and absolutely embarrassing (please also note the fact that I was 7-8 then), I didn't realize that I should save the game before I exit. I used to think that it was some mystery how all my families kept on disappearing. But I was (sort of) wrong... Lol.

In 2009 June, TS3 was released and that same girl told me about it. I rushed to the store and bought it without hesitation. Sure enough, my old PC wasn't capable to run it due to utter lack of RAM and a video card that didn't support Pixel Shader 2.0. Turned out that the video card couldn't get changed because the main system was rather ancient and replacements for it were rare and hard to seek. In August, I got a laptop just for simming purposes. It's the same laptop I'm using now, but it's already a bit worn out. And since that very August, I was addicted. My first game... My first game went on to become my first attempt at a Legacy. But it got ruined by a darned pile of computer viruses. Then it was another game that got ruined due to my short interest in mods. And now... I'm here. Without any mods, with little CC, and about 6 stories on the go. ;D

Whew, that was quite a long post.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
Welcome to Sims Anonymous, Chronic.  A few of us have suspected your addiction - the 5000+ posts and multiple stories were kind of a giveaway, you know?  But we're glad to see you admitting your addiction. 

In August, I got a laptop just for simming purposes. It's the same laptop I'm using now, but it's already a bit worn out.

The only reason I bought a new computer was because I needed it for Sims3.  Of course, I also "needed" a 24-inch monitor at the same time.  If Sims3 hadn't come along, I'm sure I'd still be using my old computer.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
Heh, yeah, I suppose, multiple stories, 5000+ posts, why not. ;D

The only reason I bought a new computer was because I needed it for Sims3.  Of course, I also "needed" a 24-inch monitor at the same time.  If Sims3 hadn't come along, I'm sure I'd still be using my old computer.

Yes and yes. I'm pretty sure I'd either bug my parents to get a new processor (which is in progress currently) or stick with Farmville forever. I'm glad I didn't. :D

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #327 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
Welcome to Sims Anonymous, Chronic.  A few of us have suspected your addiction - the 5000+ posts and multiple stories were kind of a giveaway, you know?  But we're glad to see you admitting your addiction. 

Actually, he's like the IF and is slowly turning into a Sim.

Weirdly, last night I woke up and jumped out of bed at 4 am which is when some of sims jump out bed. My first thought was that I had a Glitch. Then I heard a window banging and realised that's why I woke up.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #328 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
I had a dream recently when I woke up at about 4:54 AM. I was wondering why, then I suddenly collapsed and acted like a Sim dying. I even popped my head up. Then I said "Oh, mum, if you see a little bundle in the hall, that's me. It's far too early to be waking up. Night."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2011, 01:16:01 AM »
I had a dream recently when I woke up at about 4:54 AM. I was wondering why, then I suddenly collapsed and acted like a Sim dying. I even popped my head up. Then I said "Oh, mum, if you see a little bundle in the hall, that's me. It's far too early to be waking up. Night."
Haha. Sims dreams are just great, aren't they?
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy