Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 110189 times)

Offline Variosities

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #420 on: December 01, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »
I am addicted to SIMS. I would really like to create my own town, or at least add roads and level lots to existing towns, but CAW doesn't work well for me.

I do find myself spending a lot of time building houses and occasionally community lots. I added a beach in Riverview at the point of the island.  I had to give up on playing Riverview though, because I couldn't get a consignment shop to work there. I'm hoping to get Hidden Springs tomorrow. I tried today, but Origin glitched me out and their techie said I had to wait 12 hours.

I wish we could earn sim points based on number of downloads of stuff we share, or rating help posts.

Ok. Enough about me. Time to build a house for my Foster Family. I'm going to see how many kids I can adopt and raise.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #421 on: December 03, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »
I am Rikki8528, but call me Rikki.

My best friend in real life, Elena1083, got Sims 3 for her birthday last April. Interested, I got it for Christmas that year and I loved it.

I currently own Sims 3 vanilla, Sims 3 Ambitions, Sims 3 Showtime and Sims 3 Island Paradise.

IP is really glitchy due to being on digital, and it's making me sad that my favourite families always crash.  :'( But it's not enough to stop me playing, although the CrumpleFours are on hold because, well, I love them too much for them to die in an error 12 as they so nearly did before I put them on hold.  :'( I cried for three days straight, and owe eternal thanks to hazelnut for giving me a solution.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline readingpuppies

• Nooboo
« Reply #422 on: December 10, 2013, 05:31:38 AM »
Hi I'm Elisha.
I got addicted when my older siblings or simlings got the game and I just got addicted and took it of them.
Inspiration arrives as a packet of material to be delivered.
-John Updike

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2014, 01:49:08 AM »
Hi, I'm Lisa46 and I'm a sims addict.

It started when my cousin started playing the game. Sims addiction is a family thing for me - I have three cousins and an aunt who have played for a long time. Anyway, I asked for the game for Christmas about four years ago. I actually didn't really love it at first. After about a year, I got more and more into it. Then my cousin came over and showed me her favorite sims website, and... that's how I got here.

Offline MoirailZoned

• Nooboo
  • Yeye
« Reply #424 on: January 19, 2015, 10:01:05 PM »
Hi, I'm MoirailZoned, or Adrian, and I'm a Sims addict.

I get times where I'll play the game nonstop for about two weeks, then leave it for a few days before I pick it up again and start at it all over again!
I'm a hobbyist writer and I roleplay a lot, so I love to make my characters as Sims. I can't draw, so it's one way for me to really see them. I also just love to play around with the traits and try to get them the closest I can to their actual personalities, then throw them all in a house and see how their interactions compare to the actual interactions between the characters. It's kind of fun to see how their personalities interact with one another on a "clean slate" sort of thing (since they obv. don't have the same backstories as the actual characters).

I do still like grabbing myself a randomised Sim and starting a story on a whim! Especially if they've got some good (or terrible!) romancing traits.  ;)
Just a person with too much time on their hands but still not enough.

Icon: http://cam070.deviantart.com/art/Homestuck-icon-set-306255663

Offline Tiaidea

• Nooboo
« Reply #425 on: November 24, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Tia and I have been addicted to sims for about 15 years (since 2003). I started with the base game and soon got the expansion pack with makin magic, vacation and hot date all in one. My mom was a little hesitant because it was a teen rated game and I was about 9 at the time but she figured it would keep me away from wanting to watch family guy. I grew up with the sims, while other preteens we're exploring adult content online, I was giggling nervously as I watched covers move and hearts appear over the heart shaped bed (in these days, the heart shaped bed was the only one that you could use to woohoo💋). Unfortunately, the computer got old and died, which is a natural part of life and I took a  break from the sims, playing games like roller coaster tycoon and school tycoon which came from cereal boxes (yes in those days, video games came with a box of cheerios). I would think about it every now and then and then Christmas 2005, we got a new computer and the gift of sims 2 for me. Seasons came later and I loved being able to have snowball fights and the festival's. Since the game was still kinda buggy, I kept losing my active household and would have to go into CAS and make new families constantly. I faithfully played sims until a friend introduced me to WoW, while that became the new obsession, I still had a place in my heart for the sims. Wow stopped playing on the computer and reinstalling windows repeatedly meant that I could no longer play either. It became all about iPod games, they even had a sims game that I purchased for $6 in highschool and I tried playing the Freeplay version as well. We had a Wii and Ds and would play mysims but it wasn't even close to the real thing. Ds came out with sims 3 and although the graphics were worse than sims 1 I finally had a version of sims that I could carry around with me and the addiction became full blown (I'd play sims during classes, on the bus ride home and staying up late when I had homework to do). Fast forward to 2013, I met my significant other who helped me to get the sims 3 on my laptop. He also had the designer edition on his computer. Some nights when if stay over I would play until 4am while he slept. It became a very dark addiction that was making me feel depressed. I stopped playing until just recently (I got help for my depression and I'm doing much better now). My SO and I live together and each have our own PC. I tried the sims 4 and had fun creating a bachelor scenario but that was short lived. Sims 3 just had so much more to offer (customize a style, toddlers, pools, so many jobs, travel to the future, university etc.). I am working on having a healthy relationship with the sims where I try my best to get what I need to get done and play and to make sure I don't stay up playing if I have somewhere to be the next day. It's a work in progress but I think having this game in my life has taught me a lot about possibilities and the importance of escape (with regulation) to maintain sanity when real life gets difficult.

Thank you for reading
TLDR: I love the sims and have played almost every version. I grew up with it and as an adult now I plan to use it as a therapeutic tool to decompress from stressful reality.

Offline Mikivi

• Nooboo
« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2017, 12:35:54 PM »
Hi, I'm Miki and I'm a sim addict!

I've played Sims since the beginning, but I am always "stuck in the past" for ages before moving on to the next version. I bought Sims 4 + an expansion on Xmas sale last year, but I still play Sims 3... and years ago, I hated Sims 3 for ages and stuck to Sims 2. Why is this? Hmm... I could probably analyze it, but I would actually prefer not to. I think I'd rather just keep having fun with my games :-)

Sometimes, I play other games and don't touch Sims for ages - months or even years - but then I dive into looong games with many generations. Longest running so far is 18 generations, I think that one started in 2013, and currently I am at generation 11 in a new one. I just went back and "fixed" the last save of the old one (that sure took a lot of bug-research) and moved them to the clipboard - since now I plan to combine them in a new town! With a grand total of 103 gravestones (PLUS all the pets), I'll probably have hours of fun building the new, big family graveyard. I can't wait!

Speaking of which... it's been 15 mins since I last played Sims, and I plan to do it again right now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NikkeiSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #427 on: December 21, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »
In January of 2017, I hadn't even touched a Sims game.  I'm NikkeiSimmer and this is my story of my descent into Sims addiction.  After suffering a nasty case of pneumonia which left me incapacitated and unable to walk (due to ligament damage due to fluorine antibiotics)  I found myself stuck at home.  "Y'know the typical teen-age mind in the body of an adult" - (typical male) and I'm bugging my wife "Honey?  I'm bored..."  So she hands me her Sims game (which she had uninstalled from her computer because of space) and tells me to go play that and "get out of her hair".  This was in February after one solid month of whining about not being able to get out of the house...due to ankle pain combined with burning paraesthesia (tingling in extremities). 

Now having been a realtor at one point in my life, I have a love for houses.  And well...Sims need to live in houses.  So I got started building.  Then I started playing the game, the whole get your Sim to accomplish tasks...and all that.  And the base game kept me content for several months and I was enjoying playing the base-game...until I discovered a whole community of Sims addicts...which sunk me headfirst into the world of modding... and other things related to CC which I won't get into in too much detail here. 

Now thanks to several people whose names I won't mention here (the guilty parties know who they are).  I'm now completely addicted.  I get withdrawals when I haven't played Sims in several hours.  I enjoy creating and adjusting houses...(I seem to have this fascination with mansions) And I tend to go a bit overboard while helping out my sims.  "Sure, wanna Learjet?  HERE...  Want the Vaguester...OK...have one..."

And then I got into TSR Workshop.  That's basically one of the drugs of choice to a content creator for Sims 3.  And I got kind of peeved that there was no Navy in the Sims 3 and decided to make a few uniforms of my own...for the Sims. 

Spent four hours on it too...  Yes, Unfortunately I now have a completionist attitude with regards to EPs (I'm two from getting it all with the purchase of University Life and Into the Future just recently for Christmas), SPs and Worlds from the EA Store.  Heck.  I'm busy trying to get the entire store too.  I think there's a term for it.  OBSESSED.  My wife rolls her eyes at me.  She's content with a few expansion packs that mean something.  Me.  I'm trying to get anything and everything.  And no, I don't believe there is a 12-step for this kind of problem. 

Now I'm thinking about learning Blender and Milkshape to create my own meshes from the ground up.  (yeah...planes and stuff like that.  Yeah, I'm a guy).  I'm starting to wonder about my sanity.  HELP! 

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #428 on: December 27, 2017, 03:01:05 AM »
@NikkeiSimmer You don't need help... you need to share your fantastic creations.  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #429 on: December 27, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »
@NikkeiSimmer

I agree with Magz. Those Navy uniforms are boss!

Offline NikkeiSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #430 on: December 28, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »
Under the guise of "therapy" I'm posting up WHY i spent 5 weeks banging my head against the wall and screaming at the ceiling... 

https://youtu.be/Wpf2zNkeMAg

All this was for a video. 

This is Former Commander (Now Lieutenant...soon to be Ensign) David "Rabbit" Campbell finally realizing that his rear-end is going to be grass... after getting the book thrown at him by Captain Liandra Gracen JAGC after making a false "stolen valor" accusation" that causes a decorated Navy Admiral to commit suicide. Looks like he's got his WHOLE lifetime to be watching grass grow at Fort Leavenworth Military Disciplinary Barracks (in other words JAIL), Kansas  Why he got the Life Sentence was the subject of a FF.net fanfiction that I did several years ago (before getting involved with Sims 3 playing - Let's just say that it was a "Cowardice before the Enemy" Article 99 charge).  The sentence in this Sims Video was 10 years, to be served CONSECUTIVELY to the life sentence he got for the Article 99 which he is currently serving.

And as soon as I create a set of "generic" admiral, commander, lieutenant ranked Sims uniforms, I'll see if I can post it up.

@Magz from Oz @oshizu  I don't know if I need kudos or therapy.  :D   :o

Offline NikkeiSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #431 on: January 04, 2018, 01:38:34 AM »
Just an update: 

Will try and work on the uniforms later, but they are now looking like this with the proper uniform caps that look like actual ENS-LCDR/CDR-CAPT/RDML-ADM caps.