Author Topic: Sims Anonymous  (Read 111433 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims Anonymous
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »
For the last two weeks on my days off, I have had to do get dressed to do something, "sigh".  I am not ashamed at all, I do not get dressed some days and play most of the time I am off or I fall asleep on the computer, lol.  I just run in and put laundry in and run back to computer and go back and forth until I am done and settle in for the long haul.  There, I admitted it.  Isn't admitting it all about an addiction, haha.  Happy simming! ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2010, 09:17:56 PM »
Hello my fellow Sims addicts!  I'm Mtglady aka Debi and I could shout it out that I am addicted to the Sims, especially the Sims 3.  I even corrupted my grandchildren into playing with me *I am so, so bad*.   But they know exactly what to buy me for my birthday and other occasions - Sims Point cards!
I started playing computer games about 30 years ago but didn't really get hooked until Sims 2 came out.  I played Sims 1 but could take it or leave it.  Then Sims 2 captivated me.  I had to have all of the EP's/SP's and even used some of my hidden talents to create more objects and unique clothes for them to wear.
Sims 3 came out when I sort of 'retired' so most days I wake up to the Sims and say goodnight to them too  ;D.  I like to read threads on this forum and find I participate more here than any other forum I am a member of.  I think it is because everyone is as seriously addicted as I am - ;)!  I am also like Saltypaws as far as laundry and housework is concerned - do a little work then back to the sims, do a little work then back to the sims etc., etc., etc.! 
And PlatnumDymnd, I am not afraid to admit that PJ's are my choice when I am playing too ;)

Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »
PJ's! Ha I don't change out of them unless I am leaving the house. I love the days when I can just lounge in my PJ's all day long. Unfortunately that is not to often for me anymore as I have to leave the house every weekday to take and pick up the kids from school! Blah! But I do often change right back into them when I get back unless I have plans to leave again later that day!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »
Yaay! Thanks for sharing fellow PJ players. Day two of my pajama weekend is coming to a close.

It has been 20 minutes since I played my Sims game. I am mad at my laptop for crashing my game. I was creating my Sim for the Dynasty challenge, and man did she (I) look good. I go to save her to the Sim bin and the game was just stuck like that. So I had to force close it. I guess leaving it open for five days straight can take a toll. Then I went to check on replies on the forum and here I am. I was able to share her on the official site before the laptop betrayed me.  >:( So hopefully I can upload her and update my signature and avatar here.

@Mtglady I am so jealous that you are retired and get to have all day Sims at your will. There's something for me to look forward to when my two crumb snatchers are grownup and gone.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »
I guess leaving it open for five days straight can take a toll.

Yes, it really does take its toll.  You need to shut down both the game and your computer daily.  Sometimes you need to restart Sims 3 more often if you start having a lot of problems with crashing because restarting the game resets the memory stuff and it runs better.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2010, 11:39:09 PM »
5 DAYS STRAIGHT! I can't leave my game going for an hour without it crashing! :P
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2010, 11:44:22 PM »
Hello I am Gerrr00 and I am a Sims addict.  I played Sims 1 for years and still continued to play it until I decided to try out Sims 3.  I now once again, like many others, neglect/ put off daily chores to play.  My husband is deployed right now so I am taking a "year" off from housework and am loving it.  Though soon I will have to play housewife again and may need to find a RL support group to make the transition.  ;D
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 05:15:49 AM »
Hello, I'm Laura/Ausette and I'm a longtime Sims Addict, way back to the original game ;D. I think I started playing aged around nine or ten and I've been hooked ever since, although I've had to cut down on my playing time recently because of school exams (not to mention the discovery of our still-functional Nintendo 64 that's been stashed away and forgotten for four years). I still remember getting The Sims 2 and flat-out marvelling at how much the game had improved, what with the new tools in CAS, the 3D camera angles, the fear and want systems and all of the new and returning townies, although I was mildly horrified to discover that Bella and Michael were brother and sister (Ooops!). Another highlight: Creating a Sim in Strangetown named Cherish Curious long before The Sims 3 came out and getting the shock of my life when I heard about a Sim with that exact name in Twinbrook. Seriously, how common a name is Cherish?

Anyway, I better get off the Sims and leave it at that. I've, uh, sort of got a Maths exam next morning... ::)

Snowyluc

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 07:39:38 AM »
You needed a tech to install the game? And you're on a Mac?

It was for safety really. I first installed my game my self, and I messed up. I took it to the tech, Su-Chart, with my dad, and Su-chart helped me out. He also installed WA for me. He asked me to come back to him if I had any other expansions. He explained to me why it hadn't worked before, and that was because I wasn't upgraded to the right system and I had a few cookies blocking my way. Since then he's also installed Ambitions for me, but I installed High-End-Loft-Stuff for myself. I don't live in Bangkok anymore, but I can easily manage to install LN when I get it. So again, safety! And also maybe the fact that there is always a bowl of candy in the corner (even though I prefer chocolate myself  ::) )
Suchart: Okay, I install for you now.
Me: Thanks, Suchart.
Suchart starts installation on my computer. I glance around. Dad looking at photography applications, nobody looking. Sneaks over, hmm...what to chose? Ah! Toffee Coffees! Woah! GLOP! MHHH...YUM!  :o

I am so naughty.  ;D

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 09:45:21 AM »
Morning all. My daughter demanded to come before my Simming today. She's 10mos so I suppose she needs to eat. When that kid going to learn to cook for herself?  :D

5 DAYS STRAIGHT! I can't leave my game going for an hour without it crashing! :P

Yes. I never close it unless I hear about an update. And to install an EP of course. I bought LN on Halloween and I think I tuned it off two days later to clean out my saved files. And then last night. I think my record timespan was two weeks. This is the first time its crashed on me so I guess I shouldn't complain, but Pam, you are so right. I think it even recommends that in the case manual. But I'm a rebel. 8) I live on the edge.

I bought a new laptop back in February in honor of finally being able to get my copy of the TS3. And I knew that I couldn't put it on my desktop with TS2. I don't have anything else installed on the computer but whatever was pre-installed on it, some music, pictures, oh and quicken for my accounting business. And I still have plenty of room for more. But as EP/SP's get added its obvious it will take up space. I think me and my laptop need to come to an understanding.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2010, 11:40:09 AM »
Schipperke, I had a nap earlier and dreamed about being a character in your legacy. I won't go into details, but after I saw your portolio with your planns for "me" I had to wake up!?!?!?
I'm definitely Sim Addict.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »
Schipperke, I had a nap earlier and dreamed about being a character in your legacy. I won't go into details, but after I saw your portolio with your planns for "me" I had to wake up!?!?!?
I'm definitely Sim Addict.

How funny!  Now you've got me very curious - if you feel like sending me the details in a PM, I'd love to read it.  If you'd rather not, that's just fine.  Hmmm ... wheels are turning ... perhaps the dynasty needs a new character to spice it up.  Off I go to think about this.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
Hi, my name is Lizzy and I'm an Addict.
I guess my addiction really started back in the days of Sim City when we had to play it in my 8th grade Technology class (back in 1998).  It was great.  Then when Sim City 3000 came out the next year, I couldn't resist getting it for myself!  I'll never forget thinking how great it would be if I could play the people in my city... then VOILA! The Sims! ;D No sooner did I get bored with that game due to certain limitations (there's a point when I would have to call like 5 people a day just to remain friends with them so I could continue to climb up the career ladder) then POOF! The Sims 2!  I remember getting it on the release date only to find I had to buy a new computer just to play it!  Took me almost a year to save enough $ (I was a lowly college student at this point).  Can you imagine having the game for a year before being able to play it? :o  I remember almost being in tears when they released University EP and there I was still not able to play the base game. :'(
Nevertheless, I strategically planned my next computer purchase to coincide with the release of Sims 3 so the specs matched perfectly. ;)
I too switch out my laundry while my game is on pause (or will leave it playing on normal speed while they are sleeping to motivate me to hurry up and get back!).  Unfortunately, since my time with the Sims never seems to be enough (darn you work, dirty house, and social life!) I tend to play at night until I pass out.  Its always interesting to see where Free Will has taken them while I was "away". Haha.
I never paid attention to forums (except for troubleshooting purposes) until this one.  The Challenges was what hooked me to this site and I absolutely love it here!  You guys are by far the most interesting and creative group I've met.  The website is so organized, nicely designed and your ideas are awesome!  Bravissimo!  I even started a Sims 3 binder with printouts from the guide to make it easier to look things up while I'm in the game. So happy to meet other Addicts like myself! <3
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »
Hm, you remind me that I have a barely-used netbook which I could use to look up guides while playing. Be gone, ALT+TAB!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Gamergurl14122

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »
My name is Sarah and I'm a Sims Addict. I've been Addicted to Sims since Christmas 2009. I recieved all The Sims 2 & 3 Games + Expansion Packs. But I also recieved a 17'' Alienware Laptop.
Works beautifully with Sims 2 & 3. Started a legacy and can't wait to post more!