Author Topic: Grafting Seems Broken  (Read 8051 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Grafting Seems Broken
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 04:40:47 PM »
@Tixxis , to be honest I haven't been brave enough to even attempt grafting basil. Now that I have a working game, I'm not keen to do anything to jeopardize that! I also haven't purchased Farmer's Seed Packets but I will do and post back here later.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 01:41:05 AM »
Now that I have a working game, I'm not keen to do anything to jeopardize that! I also haven't purchased Farmer's Seed Packets but I will do and post back here later.  :)

So understandable! Hope your game holds up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 08:58:04 PM »
@Tixxis Well, beats me what's going on with Farmers Seed Packets, can only get normal value no matter what I do. Ugh.... aaaand the grafting bug/glitch is back. This time in my dynasty file.  :'( I have all the plants I need but I just hate that fact my game's broken. I had a helper sim graft onto some carrot plants just for the reward points...and the grafts became stuck in her inventory, can't be thrown away, and now no-one in the house can graft.

*Goes back to read how I fixed it the last time* sigh.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »
Thought it might be worth mentioning that this glitch/bug only seems to happen when I queue up either taking cuttings or grafting.... or in this particular case a mixture. While the sim was grafting I queued up for her to take a cutting...and bingo! Grafting broke.
I've played many other games where I have been super careful to never queue up any either of these actions... I just became a little careless with this one.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 05:27:27 AM »
The Farmer packets are a pain - no extra value to be gained nowadays.
And as far as grafting is concerned, I never take more than one cutting and graft it straight away. It can be annoying if you have to travel for a cutting and then go home for grafting. But it's the safest option. I think you can get away with collecting about 3, maybe 4 cuttings. But it's so risky.
I'm sorry, Playalot, I should have mentioned this before.

Dellena

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 07:32:30 AM »
@Playalot Have you tried deleting the cache files on the messed up game?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 08:05:41 AM »
The Farmer packets are a pain - no extra value to be gained nowadays.
And as far as grafting is concerned, I never take more than one cutting and graft it straight away. It can be annoying if you have to travel for a cutting and then go home for grafting. But it's the safest option. I think you can get away with collecting about 3, maybe 4 cuttings. But it's so risky.
I'm sorry, Playalot, I should have mentioned this before.
I've traveled around with many cuttings in my inventory quite a few times and not ever experience the problem Playalot has.  I've also never queued up grafting after doing something else, or taking a cutting after doing something else.  Have I just been lucky?  Tixxis, have you had a grafting problem that you were sure was caused just by having a lot of cuttings in your inventory?

Sorry your grafting problems are back, Playalot.  I'm glad you don't need to do additional grafting in that game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 08:23:27 AM »
Tixxis, have you had a grafting problem that you were sure was caused just by having a lot of cuttings in your inventory?

Yes. I've had several cases where the cuttings were stuck in my inventory. Sometimes, I could still graft, but only with one new cutting at the time. And sometimes, I could not graft at all. That's why I never take more than one cutting since.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 08:27:27 AM »
@Tixxis I do think the cuttings normally get stuck in my inventory, but it doesn't really bother me.  I can still use them to graft, at least the first time, and it doesn't break grafting for me.  I also normally only have one Sim doing the gardening.  In the cases where grafting has broken for you, Tixxis, would reloading the game from a point before it broke fix the problem?

Maybe I've just been lucky.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 01:50:38 PM »
@Tixxis In the cases where grafting has broken for you, Tixxis, would reloading the game from a point before it broke fix the problem?

Well, it would, but only if I didn't take a lot of cuttings yet again and then tried to graft them. I really believe that 3 to 4 cuttings is the max. But I'd rather stick with just one cutting at the time, mostly because I do the tournaments? I can't afford a corrupted official file because of this glitch.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »
@Dellena , yeah, totally. I've tried quite a few things but there is nothing I've found that actually fixes this in THAT particular game file. Because it's my dynasty file I'm obviously not going to delete it so I will just have to put up with grafting being broken.

@ClayMask , I have played a lot of files since grafting first broke way back when I started this thread. I have even gathered many cuttings on one sim and travelled home and grafted them all successfully. What I haven't done (until this time) was queued up grafting. So it seems to me that it is the queuing up of grafting on to any more more than one plant, one at a time... is what breaks the game. Also, in my experience even loading the game up from an earlier point does not fix grafting. Don't ask me how that works 'cos I haven't a clue but the first time grafting broke I had a friend go into my save files and delete the most recent saves of that particular game so I could return to an earlier save... grafting was still broken. Obviously if you have a different file of the same game then that file would work...because it's a completely different save file.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 01:37:03 AM »
Another grafting glitch link -

Grafting/Inventory glitch
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/grafting-inventory-glitch/m-p/4578222#U4578222

No solution to this one, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I'll edit in any work-arounds or fixes I see. If other moderators don't do it first ;)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything