Author Topic: Wild plants in granite falls forest not growing back?  (Read 16376 times)

Offline goalgetter21

• Nooboo
Wild plants in granite falls forest not growing back?
« on: March 15, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »
Hi guys

So I have a really frustrating problem with this new game pack. I have had the old cant find fireleaf issue and have read through the other topics on here and elsewhere at length to try to get the plants to spawn.

It led me to trying the remove wid plants interaction for most of the forest. Only problem is no there dont seem to be any wild plants growing back in the forest. Other plots are fine, but I cant find the fireleaf on there.

My question is has anyone else done this before and knows if the plants ever grow back and how long it takes? Do you need to spend like 3/4 days in the forest without leaving for example? I have come and gone from the forest numerous times and left vacation and come back on vacation weeks later and that dont solve it.

I have also just tried deleting cache files and factory resetting the game to no avail... any ideas?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: wild plants in granite falls forest not growing back?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 12:46:49 AM »
hi goalgetter21, I have a terrible suspicion that once you have removed any wild plant... well, that then the plant is removed for good. I can't say for 100% certain, only in my experience when I have removed wild plants they have not ever grown back in that spot in that game file again.

I had huge problems finding toxic chamomile in my first attempt at exploring GF. Eventually I found the one plant and was able to harvest it. Sometimes it is a case of every other plant being say the toxic version and there will be only one of the normal version in the whole world and you just have to try every plant until you find it.

Since then I haven't had this issue in any other of my files so I'm not sure if it is a glitch or just luck as to how the spawners work. I'm not sure this has helped very much. You said you have already travelled home and then have come back to GF back to see if the spawners and wild plants have been reset didn't help so I am all out of ideas for you. Sorry. Hopefully someone posts with a good solution for you soon.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline goalgetter21

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply Playalot. Not to worry however I eventually sorted the problem. Had to factory reset the game for a second time and then go to the forest and wait for 3/4 days for the spawners to re-appear.

Lesson learnt.. dont remove the plants lol however not sure how I would have found the last plant if I had not factory reset as they were not growing at all soo.... might be a solution to the problem if others have it. Just remember to copy save files over once resetting the game! :)

Just follow these instructions http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 01:41:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply Playalot. Not to worry however I eventually sorted the problem. Had to factory reset the game for a second time and then go to the forest and wait for 3/4 days for the spawners to re-appear.

Lesson learnt.. dont remove the plants lol however not sure how I would have found the last plant if I had not factory reset as they were not growing at all soo.... might be a solution to the problem if others have it. Just remember to copy save files over once resetting the game! :)

Just follow these instructions http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
How sure are you that it was the factory reset that caused the spawners to come back, and that waiting this long in the forest wouldn't have caused them to come back anyway?

I seem to have this fireleaf problem in every game I make.  For some reason all possible spawners for it are set to poison fireleaf, except for the one behind the bathroom behind granite falls national park, which is not set to wild type for some reason, and seems to grow very slowly and not produce proper cuttings.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 03:21:04 AM »
I am having the exact same problem @ClayMask . Every game I start now I am finding this problem with fireleaf as well as the dragon dragonfly and the stick insects just do not spawn. At all. So frustrating.  :(

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »
I had the same problem with fire leaf. I disposed of all harvestable plants. They grew back pretty quickly but still no fire leaf. I tried this a few times.

I sent my sims home then went back about a sim week later... Still no fire leaf.

That time I found the dead fire leaf plant behind the rangers station/toilets and disposed of it. The next sim day I had fire leaf popping up in quite a few places. It may have been sheer coincidence and I haven't had another visit to granite falls after, but might be worth a go to dispose of all plants AND the dead fire leaf plant behind the rangers station to see if it happens to anyone else?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »
I had the same problem with fire leaf. I disposed of all harvestable plants. They grew back pretty quickly but still no fire leaf. I tried this a few times.

I sent my sims home then went back about a sim week later... Still no fire leaf.

That time I found the dead fire leaf plant behind the rangers station/toilets and disposed of it. The next sim day I had fire leaf popping up in quite a few places. It may have been sheer coincidence and I haven't had another visit to granite falls after, but might be worth a go to dispose of all plants AND the dead fire leaf plant behind the rangers station to see if it happens to anyone else?
I hope that getting rid of the fireleaf plant behind the public bathroom isn't the answer, because in my game it's not dead.  I found it before it died and watered and weeded it, hoping to harvest some fireleaf from it.  I tried taking a cutting, but none was produced in my inventory from it, and so far it hasn't produced anything harvestable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 12:47:33 PM »
The first time I noticed the fire leaf it was already dead and green smoke/odour was coming from it, so I disposed of it. I'm not sure how I missed it before to be honest, but I did.

Have you tried disposing of the fire leaf plant Claymask in the hope it grows back functional?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
The first time I noticed the fire leaf it was already dead and green smoke/odour was coming from it, so I disposed of it. I'm not sure how I missed it before to be honest, but I did.

Have you tried disposing of the fire leaf plant Claymask in the hope it grows back functional?
I'll look again next time I go back, but I'm pretty sure there's no option to dispose of it while it's alive.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 03:03:57 PM »
I do know that if you dispose of wild plants that are dead, green and smelly that a brand new wild plant will appear very soon (the next day or so) in the same spot. Happened to me with a wild cherry tree on the Landgrabb plot. I took too many cuttings, it died... it was ruining my screenshots with its green fog so I disposed of it. Next time I looked a healthy wild cherry tree was there.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 04:25:50 AM »
I had disposed of all the wild poisonous fireleaf plants, and they all grew back as one type of fireleaf or another.  The very first one I harvested was the normal fireleaf, so I didn't need to look further :)  This was without the fireleaf plant behind the bathroom ever being harvestable or dying.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 06:58:23 AM »
@ClayMask , were the plants you disposed of healthy growing fireleaf plants?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 03:31:34 PM »
@ClayMask , were the plants you disposed of healthy growing fireleaf plants?
No, only healthy growing poison fireleaf. There were no "wild" fireleaf plants originally.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »
I had disposed of all the wild poisonous fireleaf plants, and they all grew back as one type of fireleaf or another.  The very first one I harvested was the normal fireleaf, so I didn't need to look further :)  This was without the fireleaf plant behind the bathroom ever being harvestable or dying.

This is wonderful news!  Toxic chamomile has eluded me in my dynasty file so far, after a half dozen visits to GF, so I'd lost motivation to complete the other collections as well. I'll be trying the disposal trick.  I hope it works for toxic/normal chamomile as well.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 02:26:57 AM »
The disposal trick didn't work for me in the case of toxic chamomile.
I disposed of every chamomile plant I encountered, spent the night at the hermit's area, another half day in the lodging area, then went home for about a week.
Returning to Granite Falls and fishing for 8 hours, I've found that none of the chamomile plants have grown back.
This is my dynasty file. I've played 3-4 other files without this problem.  Mysterious....

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 03:25:07 AM »
The disposal trick didn't work for me in the case of toxic chamomile.
I disposed of every chamomile plant I encountered, spent the night at the hermit's area, another half day in the lodging area, then went home for about a week.
Returning to Granite Falls and fishing for 8 hours, I've found that none of the chamomile plants have grown back.
This is my dynasty file. I've played 3-4 other files without this problem.  Mysterious....
It's going to take more than 8 hours in the area for them to grow back.  I'd say at least a day if being in the same area of the map as them.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 03:51:46 AM »
It's going to take more than 8 hours in the area for them to grow back.  I'd say at least a day if being in the same area of the map as them.

Thank you, ClayMask. I'll go back one more time and fish all day, give it another go...

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 04:11:11 AM »
Thank you, ClayMask. I'll go back one more time and fish all day, give it another go...
Just make sure you're fishing in the same area as you want the plants to grow.  So if you want them to grow in the lodging area, you have to be in the lodging area, etc.  Good luck.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 03:30:48 PM »
How sure are you that it was the factory reset that caused the spawners to come back, and that waiting this long in the forest wouldn't have caused them to come back anyway?

I just wanted to report back on my toxic chamomile problem.
@ClayMask, you'll want to know that I returned twice more and fished for 8+ hours each time in the lodging area (thank you for this advice), but all of my previously disposed chamomile plants never grew back.
Just now, I tried the factory reset without re-installing procedure suggested by goalgetter2 (reply #2 of this thread).
I'm happy to report that after hanging around in the lodging area for another 8 hours, the chamomile plants all regrew and included two toxic chamomile plants.  Thanks to everyone for the help!!!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
I just wanted to report back on my toxic chamomile problem.
@ClayMask, you'll want to know that I returned twice more and fished for 8+ hours each time in the lodging area (thank you for this advice), but all of my previously disposed chamomile plants never grew back.
Just now, I tried the factory reset without re-installing procedure suggested by goalgetter2 (reply #2 of this thread).
I'm happy to report that after hanging around in the lodging area for another 8 hours, the chamomile plants all regrew and included two toxic chamomile plants.  Thanks to everyone for the help!!!
I still am not sure if you gave it enough time to determine whether the plants would grow back without a factory reset, but I'm glad you got them back.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »
I still am not sure if you gave it enough time to determine whether the plants would grow back without a factory reset, but I'm glad you got them back.

Well, I'd gone back twice and fished for 8+ hours with no results, staying in the target area as you suggested. I tried the factory reset out of desperation, deciding that I would give up on the Outdoor Herbalist aspiration if the reset didn't work.  After I did the reset, I actually saw the chamomile plants reappear.
Out of impatience, I had a sim take cuttings and confirmed that at least two of the plants were toxic chamomile. Waited a few more hours on double speed to harvest.

So this is the solution that worked for this particular save, I guess. I'd never experienced this on another save (probably just jinxed myself).

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 04:23:00 PM »
So this is the solution that worked for this particular save, I guess. I'd never experienced this on another save (probably just jinxed myself).
It may have taken more time on my save is all I mean.  You said you fished three times for 8+ hours, which does equal the 24 that I said it would take at minimum, but it may have taken two days.  I'm not really sure.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 05:02:19 PM »
It may have taken more time on my save is all I mean.  You said you fished three times for 8+ hours, which does equal the 24 that I said it would take at minimum, but it may have taken two days.  I'm not really sure.

Well, now I'm really uncertain. I'd read your earlier post that said "more than eight hours," so I fished for 10 or so hours those two occasions then gave up and went home. I'd missed your mention of "at least a day" (how did I overlook that?).  After I reset, I didn't wait long until the chamomile plants reappeared (unharvestable).
Because I ecstatically saved as soon as I got the toxic cham cutting, I tried going back to a pre-reset save file from two sim days ago. After spending 24 hours in the lodging area, no chamomile plants appeared.
I think what this means is that your save file and my save file suffered from different problems requiring different solutions. I wonder if this is caused by the different plants (chamomile/fireleaf) and areas (lodging/national park) involved.
For me, the good news is that we have options. The next time, I will again try waiting first. If that doesn't work, I'll try a factory reset.
Thanks for all your feedback.  You're a really amazing player, ClayMask.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »
I don't know if the time really has to be in one visit, but what I had written before was that it would take at least a day in the area.  I know you did spend a day in the area, but it may have taken more is all I'm saying.  Maybe not even all in one visit.  Regardless of what caused it, I am happy for you though that you finally got that plant you were missing all this time. 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 05:09:19 PM »
Thank you, ClayMask.  Took us 122 sim days!  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 03:24:45 AM »
I removed six wild poison fire leaf plants including the one behind the toilets which I just took repeated cuttings from until it died. After a full four days the plants re-spawned. Out of the six, four grew back as poison fire leaf again, one was ordinary fire leaf (which was the plant I was missing) and the one behind the toilets never grew back at all.

So... removing wild plants will cause them to grow back, it just takes some time.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 05:16:35 AM »
I removed six wild poison fire leaf plants including the one behind the toilets which I just took repeated cuttings from until it died. After a full four days the plants re-spawned. Out of the six, four grew back as poison fire leaf again, one was ordinary fire leaf (which was the plant I was missing) and the one behind the toilets never grew back at all.

So... removing wild plants will cause them to grow back, it just takes some time.

Playalot, when I removed the wild plants I removed ALL of the plants (not just the poison fire leaf) - including the one behind the toilet (which by that point was green and producing odour). I had numerous of all the other plants so I didn't need the rest anymore. The plants grew back within the day. I think there were around 3 normal fire leaf ones. This was in the Deep Woods Area.

I have only done this one time so can't say it would be the same in other games. Might have to try going back to Granite Falls again to test it once my sim completes his current aspiration out of curiosity.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 05:19:18 AM »
I've only had this problem in my Immortal Dynasty file. All of my other games have always spawned all of the plants. I just wanted to post up my experience so that it may help someone else who is missing the normal fireleaf plant.  :) Because it was my dynasty game I had to keep traveling back home due to work and school restrictions, which is why it took four days...I imagine that if your sims could stay there over night as well, it would take a lot less time.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 05:25:55 AM »
Ah that makes sense  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »
@Tigerskin So, I got rather curious at just how quickly plants would regrow... after three trials I could not get any where near your day! The fastest plants would regrow to harvestable was three days and two nights! And that was my test sim staying in the national forest area constantly. So removed some plants Sunday morning...harvested new ones on Tuesday around midday.

The only thing that I can assume is that removing all of the plants is quicker than removing some of the plants. But I couldn't be bothered to test that as I have satisfied myself that removing plants will cause them to regrow and to change their type!

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 06:36:31 PM »
Typical, I went to Granite Falls and Fireleaf was one of the first plants I found. But now I can't find Noxious Elderberry *tuts*.

In addition the remove all wild plants doesn't work as before, now it removes one, possibly two plants max - before it removed all of them. It used to be a great way to actually find the plants in the first place as the sim trekked throughout the woods from plant to plant.

Will have to get his wife to look or leave and go back again etc etc.

Back to the drawing board!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 02:03:40 AM »
Typical, I went to Granite Falls and Fireleaf was one of the first plants I found. But now I can't find Noxious Elderberry *tuts*.

In addition the remove all wild plants doesn't work as before, now it removes one, possibly two plants max - before it removed all of them. It used to be a great way to actually find the plants in the first place as the sim trekked throughout the woods from plant to plant.

Will have to get his wife to look or leave and go back again etc etc.

Back to the drawing board!

If you can look around and find elderberry plants, you can still remove those and wait for them to grow back.  Even though I could have let it remove all the wild plants, I removed them selectively when I did it.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 02:16:16 AM »
Thanks Claymask, I just found it useful to remove all wild plants (that way they automatically went to each plant in turn - so you can actually find the plants in the 1st place), you could get to the next plant and stop the process of actually removing the plant if it was one you needed.