Author Topic: wild plants in granite falls forest not growing back?  (Read 6026 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: wild plants in granite falls forest not growing back?
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 03:24:45 AM »
I removed six wild poison fire leaf plants including the one behind the toilets which I just took repeated cuttings from until it died. After a full four days the plants re-spawned. Out of the six, four grew back as poison fire leaf again, one was ordinary fire leaf (which was the plant I was missing) and the one behind the toilets never grew back at all.

So... removing wild plants will cause them to grow back, it just takes some time.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 05:16:35 AM »
I removed six wild poison fire leaf plants including the one behind the toilets which I just took repeated cuttings from until it died. After a full four days the plants re-spawned. Out of the six, four grew back as poison fire leaf again, one was ordinary fire leaf (which was the plant I was missing) and the one behind the toilets never grew back at all.

So... removing wild plants will cause them to grow back, it just takes some time.

Playalot, when I removed the wild plants I removed ALL of the plants (not just the poison fire leaf) - including the one behind the toilet (which by that point was green and producing odour). I had numerous of all the other plants so I didn't need the rest anymore. The plants grew back within the day. I think there were around 3 normal fire leaf ones. This was in the Deep Woods Area.

I have only done this one time so can't say it would be the same in other games. Might have to try going back to Granite Falls again to test it once my sim completes his current aspiration out of curiosity.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 05:19:18 AM »
I've only had this problem in my Immortal Dynasty file. All of my other games have always spawned all of the plants. I just wanted to post up my experience so that it may help someone else who is missing the normal fireleaf plant.  :) Because it was my dynasty game I had to keep traveling back home due to work and school restrictions, which is why it took four days...I imagine that if your sims could stay there over night as well, it would take a lot less time.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 05:25:55 AM »
Ah that makes sense  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »
@Tigerskin So, I got rather curious at just how quickly plants would regrow... after three trials I could not get any where near your day! The fastest plants would regrow to harvestable was three days and two nights! And that was my test sim staying in the national forest area constantly. So removed some plants Sunday morning...harvested new ones on Tuesday around midday.

The only thing that I can assume is that removing all of the plants is quicker than removing some of the plants. But I couldn't be bothered to test that as I have satisfied myself that removing plants will cause them to regrow and to change their type!

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2015, 06:36:31 PM »
Typical, I went to Granite Falls and Fireleaf was one of the first plants I found. But now I can't find Noxious Elderberry *tuts*.

In addition the remove all wild plants doesn't work as before, now it removes one, possibly two plants max - before it removed all of them. It used to be a great way to actually find the plants in the first place as the sim trekked throughout the woods from plant to plant.

Will have to get his wife to look or leave and go back again etc etc.

Back to the drawing board!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 02:03:40 AM »
Typical, I went to Granite Falls and Fireleaf was one of the first plants I found. But now I can't find Noxious Elderberry *tuts*.

In addition the remove all wild plants doesn't work as before, now it removes one, possibly two plants max - before it removed all of them. It used to be a great way to actually find the plants in the first place as the sim trekked throughout the woods from plant to plant.

Will have to get his wife to look or leave and go back again etc etc.

Back to the drawing board!

If you can look around and find elderberry plants, you can still remove those and wait for them to grow back.  Even though I could have let it remove all the wild plants, I removed them selectively when I did it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 02:16:16 AM »
Thanks Claymask, I just found it useful to remove all wild plants (that way they automatically went to each plant in turn - so you can actually find the plants in the 1st place), you could get to the next plant and stop the process of actually removing the plant if it was one you needed.

anything