Author Topic: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 67- The End!/Heir Recap (Jan 20)-COMPLETE!  (Read 101190 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 3- A Brother for My Birthday (May 4)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 05:30:31 PM »
Brick has cool eyes!
It's adorable how you've got the "twin" boys now.  Of course, the handiness and trees moment did top that for me at least  ;=)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 06:06:12 PM »
I like the name Brick. I may start asking people to call me that. Hmm...I sense a special home in my future.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 10:40:37 AM »
*snorts* Brick, poor boy! I think Rei had more fun, teaching toddlers is great work.

Rei did really good with Mahogany. I think she had his toddler skills completed within about 2- 2 1/2 days.

Brick has cool eyes!
It's adorable how you've got the "twin" boys now.  Of course, the handiness and trees moment did top that for me at least  ;=)

I love watching the speech bubbles when sims interact, tutor, etc. They always discuss the most random things  :o

I like the name Brick. I may start asking people to call me that. Hmm...I sense a special home in my future.

Join the club  ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 07:21:56 PM »
Chapter 4- Breakfast of Champions

Since Mahogany and Brick didn't start school until the next day, they went out fishing. It took Brick a few minutes to get the hang of things while Mahogany took to fishing immediately. While in his jammies.

I'm not sure that gesticulating with your hands is very conducive to catching fish, there, Mahogany, especially when you're moving the fishing pole around...

Thankfully, Harley came down to the fishing pond to give his son a few pointers.

Karlie did the same thing for her new son, Brick.

Mahogany: Hey, Watcher!
Malley: You called?
Mahogany: Remember how you said moving the pole around a lot wouldn't help me catch fish?
Malley: Yes, that was only like three pictures ago. Why?
Mahogany: Well, look!
Malley: ...I sit before my laptop, corrected. That fish is bigger than you, kid.

After a long day of fishing, Mahogany and Brick went to sleep so that they would be bright eyed and bushy tailed for their first day of school the next day. Because this house is as big as a broom closet, the boys are using bunk beds. Thankfully, they're the best of friends so they don't really mind it.

Mommy Rei worked with Mahogany to make sure that our heir would achieve the honor roll before aging up into a teenager.

Brick, meanwhile, helped Karlie set up her fishbowls with her thirteen perfect fish. With all of these fishies in bowls, Karlie and Harley completed their lifetime wishes of Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium. Way to go, guys!

While Karlie and Harley had a reason to celebrate, Brick and Mahogany were enjoying some less fun activities: homework.

Brick: Do you understand any of this?
Mahogany: Nope. Math is way out of my league. I'm just putting all of my answers as true. I'm bound to get half of them right.
Brick: Sounds good to me!

Inspired by her husband and best friend, Rei continued studying the handiness skill with renewed vigor so that she too could complete her lifetime wish.

Once the homework was done, the boys headed outside for some fun.

The next morning, the family followed its usual routine. The boys headed off to school. Karlie went off to fish. Rei continued to study the handiness skill. Harley decided to change things up on this particular morning by going to work with a bowl.

Harley: It's what all of the cool scientists do.
Malley: You keep telling yourself that, buddy.

Rei took a break from studying to go off and make some NPC friends for Mahogany.

She also met a nice man by the name Medina. Teodor Medina. Why is that a good thing? His daughter is around Mahogany's age. Win.

While Rei schmoozed her possible future in-law, Karlie was at home having her adult birthday.

And here we have my favorite part of this update: pizza. The breakfast of champions.

Rei: Um, watcher?
Malley: *looks over at Rei, pizza in mouth* hmm?
Rei: Sorry to interrupt your pizza party, but I completed my lifetime wish.
Malley: Way to go, Rei!

Rei's prize for completing her lifetime wish? Getting a job. She had rolled a wish to join the education career at the beginning of the decadynasty, so that wish is finally being granted.

She had the logic skill requirement down for this career, she needed to work on her charisma skill.

That's all for now! Until next time :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 4- Breakfast of Champions (May 9)
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 08:25:15 PM »
Good thing for the boys that completing homework seems to count more than completing it correctly.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 05:39:24 AM »
I always feel a little sorry for Teodor and Palmira, really happy she's going to be a spouse choice.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »
I don't ever remember having true or false math homework, so I'm picturing it as "2x7=true."
Anyway, another lovely update.  Loved the interaction between the Sims and the Watcher in this go-round.  It added that fun 4th wall breaking element quite nicely.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 02:45:55 PM »
Good thing for the boys that completing homework seems to count more than completing it correctly.

That's how I feel about grad school papers  :o

I always feel a little sorry for Teodor and Palmira, really happy she's going to be a spouse choice.

There was one other girl that was very eligible to become Mahogany's spouse but she ends up taken...I won't say how, by who, or why.

I don't ever remember having true or false math homework, so I'm picturing it as "2x7=true."
Anyway, another lovely update.  Loved the interaction between the Sims and the Watcher in this go-round.  It added that fun 4th wall breaking element quite nicely.

I took Advanced Placement Statistics at one point and we had some true and false questions there. But I was actually referencing Pokemon, though I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of that...it was the episode waaaaay back in the beginning where the group goes to that academy to take a test instead of having to earn all eight badges or something like that. Jessie said something along the lines of that if she answers all of the questions as true, she's bound to get half of them right. I thought that was hilarious  :D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 06:11:03 PM »
Palmira Medina is a great spouse choice! She grows up gorgeous.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 07:19:47 PM »
Palmira Medina is a great spouse choice! She grows up gorgeous.

I really like generation 2. He/she turned out really great and very pretty/handsome.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
Chapter 5- Heart Breaker

The boys had a pretty uneventful childhood. They spent majority of it either fishing or at school. So, when it came time for the boys to celebrate their teenage birthdays, they were looking forward to it.

Mahogany went first.

He was so excited that he attempted to jump into his birthday cake.

Thankfully, he missed.

Brick went after Mahogany.

Here is Mahogany.

He gained the Family Oriented trait.

Here is Brick. He was actually amazingly put together, as far as aging up outfits go. The only thing I needed to do was change the colors of his pants. Way to go, Brick.

For his birthday, I rolled a trait for Brick. He gained the Natural Cook trait. Not too shabby.

The boys did their usual day-off routine and went fishing. The difference? Mahogany decided to get dressed while Brick decided to go out in his jammies this time.

Karlie also went fishing. She had maxed the skill and was now trying to get some deathfish.

Karlie: Here, fishy fishy fishy...

Malley: Um...is that really the best way to catch fish by saying "here, fishy fishy fishy?"
Karlie: Yes. I am an expert fisherman.
*Proceeds to catch deathfish*
Malley: Of course.

Back at home, the boys got ready for their prom.

Mahogany and Brick had a pretty fun time at prom. Mahogany was voted Prom King. Brick got a girlfriend. Her name is Deborah Scott. She is the child of an original townie, so she is eligible for a spouse. However, she and Brick really seemed to like each other so I let them stay together. Mahogany, on the other hand, also got a love interest. Unfortunately, she was a babysitter and did not live in a house. She was ineligible to become a spouse. I let Mahogany break the news to her the next day.

Mahogany: Gee, thanks Watcher.
Malley: No problem, kid. Now get going, Romeo. Time's a wasting.
Mahogany: So, listen, we had a lot of fun at prom and that but...um...you know, the game set us up and that...
Girl: So, what are you saying?
Mahogany: Yeah, we can't be together...you're a babysitter and I'm a dynasty heir. It's not me, it's you...
Malley: Smooth, Mahogany. Smooth.

The girl threw a temper tantrum and then stormed off. As she stomped away, Mahogany was already on his cell phone placing a call to one very special person.

The attraction between the two was immediate. Palmira and Mahogany were destined to be together...that and the fact that she is the child of an original townie and had a house. Even if they hated each other, they were going to be together. Thankfully, they liked each other.

Really liked each other.

Mahogany and Palmira then made it official.

Mahogany: Yeah, so would you, you know, like to be my girlfriend?
Palmira: Of course! But didn't you just break up with that other girl that was here before I arrived?
Mahogany: Whaaaat? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Palmira: Works for me.

Awww, sims romance!

Ta ta for now :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 5- Heart Breaker (May 15)
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »
Very handsome boys, didn't even realise Brick has red/pink eyes. Poor, poor homeless babysitter, lol. Singing to the fishes sounds like the right thing to do, much faster than waiting around all day for them  :P
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 12:59:45 PM »
Very handsome boys, didn't even realise Brick has red/pink eyes. Poor, poor homeless babysitter, lol. Singing to the fishes sounds like the right thing to do, much faster than waiting around all day for them  :P

Brick's eyes are a custom spiceberry color that I used for my first attempt at a lifestates dynasty. For some reason, they are now like a virus or a bad fashion trend; so many sims have them in my game now  :o

So typical, the spare gets the townie and the heir gets a babysitter or same sex RI.

No kidding. I'm just thankful that the game didn't do something really terrible like shipping the boys together. That would have been so awkward.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »
Chapter 6- Birthdays for Everyone!

Welcome back to the Matsuri Greenwood DecaDynasty. We find our heir, Mahogany, and his sort-of brother, Brick, out fishing. How predictable.

Mahogany: Them's the brakes when you decide that's going to be my supermax, Watcher.
Malley: Thanks for the reminder.

In other news, Karlie wasn't the only crazy person fishing in the graveyard at all hours of the night. Nope. She made a friend.

Karlie: I told you I wasn't crazy. See? This nice man is out fishing at night in the graveyard too.
Malley: True enough, but he's still dressed and not in his jammies.
Karlie: Meh, minor details.

Mahogany: Hey, Watcher!!!
Malley: You called?
*sees that he is super psyched*
Malley: Um, why are you that excited about school? It's school.

Mahogany: I'm not excited about school! In fact, I don't know why I'm thinking about that right now...
Malley: Okay, so why are you excited?
Mahogany: You know how you set up all these fishbowls outside?
Malley: Yes, I do remember doing that because it was kind of annoying to have to rearrange the back patio to fit all of them.
Mahogany: Well, Dad and I filled them with perfect fish, so I completed my lifetime wish!!!
Malley: *CHEERS*

So, Mahogany is being an overachiever and completed his lifetime wish of Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium as a teenager. Way to go, kid! When his young adult birthday rolled around, he was more than ready to grow up.

After looking momentarily frightened, he was ready to grow up, of course.

Since they do everything together, Brick had his birthday too.

Here is young adult Mahogany. He turned out to be quite handsome.

His final trait was Lucky, mostly because I didn't know what else to pick.

Here is young adult Brick.

Again, I rolled his trait and he got Friendly. Nice. For his lifetime wish, I chose Renaissance Sim.

Since Mahogany is practically the spitting image of his father, he also decided to go into the science career. He also started helping out in the garden, but only a tiny bit because I want to use gardening as a skill later on. Thankfully, that really didn't seem to hinder his performance too much.

After the boys had their birthdays, everyone else decided to jump on the party bandwagon. First, Rei had her birthday.

She was cheered on by Harley...

...who promptly had his birthday after his wife.

Happy birthday, guys. You look exactly the same.
Harley: That's not a bad thing. We could be old and wrinkly.
Malley: Fair enough.

See you next time!

anything