Author Topic: Male Pregnancy  (Read 10268 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Male Pregnancy
« on: May 02, 2015, 04:29:12 AM »
Since the last patch (04/13/2015) I have been unable to get my male sims pregnant through abduction or try for baby with an alien female. Has anyone else had this problem or have you been able to have a male pregnancy?
I have tried a lot to get this to happen and have basically decided that EA have inadvertently made male pregnancy impossible. Would love to hear this is not the case!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Male Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
I still get pregnancy after abduction, just the chance is lowered. My sim only got pregnant after third abduction. As for woman alien to male sim, I never had that kind of family so i cannot help you with that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »
@Playalot, I've experienced the same problems as you--abductions only rarely and no male pregnancies at all (from abductions or woohoo with female aliens/townies).
I didn't even understand why the change occurred until you mentioned it in a post in your dynasty thread.
The topic's being dicussed a lot on other sims 4 sites. For example: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829019/what-about-us-alien-lovers-want-male-pregnancy-back

In my dynasty file, the male founder and J Huntington III got pregnant pre-patch.  The founder's been abducted several times since but without becoming pregnant.
I'm in denial about letting J Huntington's alien son (name's Jayden) go, so I've been ramping up the chances of him getting abducted (2x) but he doesn't return pregnant.
He's been romancing 3 female aliens, resulting in five pregnancies without him getting pregnant.
I'm so disappointed and feel the "ratio" of male pregnancy has been dropped impossibly low.
For awhile, I've been trying to get Jayden to procreate an alien daughter, which I'd hoped to use as a pollinator. But I realized that plan won't work now (because the close-to-zero chance of male pregnancy).

I found the random abductions and male pregnancy quite hilarious, and wish EA would give users an on/off option for abductions/male pregnancies. 
In an interview with Kotaku, a SimGuru suggests that male pregnancy has been "patched out": http://kotaku.com/the-sims-bug-makes-men-pregnant-1701332708

Oops, this post turned into a rant instead of an answer to Playalot's question.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 03:37:06 PM »
Thanks for your replies. @oshizu , those links were great! At least other players are talking about it. I so want the ratio of possibility changed. After all, if, as a player you are actively trying for a male pregnancy, then it should be possible. I've had a male sim abducted over 100 times and still nothing! It's such a bummer.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 03:46:59 PM »
Wow, over 100 abductions?!  The extent of my frustrated efforts pales in comparison!
EA responded to the alien haters with a patch; 'twould be nice if they would next respond to the alien fans with a revised patch.
I'm sad about this, too.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »
I guess I am the lucky one who can get my sim pregnant from abduction after only 3 abduction. However I agree the rate is fairly low, and currently the only way to raise chance of being abducted is by using satellite dish (which only available to sims in scientist career). I'd rather have abdcution more often but include option to CANCEL the interaction to check the lights for those who don't like aliens or already have one alien baby and wish to avoid male pregnancy.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 09:42:04 PM »
Well, my male sim just got pregnant on his first abduction -- this was after the patch. Before the patch, I didn't have any abductions at all. And he didn't have a satellite dish nor was he in the science career. However, he did have an alien brother-in-law and was having a date with a female alien on his lot at the time.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 10:56:26 PM »
MarianT, I hope you are talking about Peter so we can read about it later.
Oooh, green with envy!!!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 11:44:15 PM »
@dodi90 , The sim I've been trying to get abducted and pregnant is my dynasty founder who has ALL the science career stuff etc etc. and is max level 10 +5 in the science career. I saved him into another file so it's not the 'being abducted' that's a problem...it's the resulting 'no pregnancies'. Before the patch he was abducted 3 times and each time had a resulting pregnancy. After the patch there is just no getting pregnant from abduction at all.

There are multiple ways of raising the odds of abduction, having a satellite, rocket, and a worm hole generator on your lot, contacting aliens using the science reward computer, visiting Sixam and having conversations with aliens and having aliens as friends, being in either the science or doctor active career. All these activities have been listed by gurus as ways to increase the likelihood of abductions. Like I said, its not the abductions I'm having trouble with!

Reading through those links that oshizu posted above, it looks like many sim fans are having the same problem as me. Cold comfort really.  :(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 11:46:18 PM »
@MarianT , had you cleaned out your cache files after the patch and before your sim got abducted and had a resulting pregnancy? Just wondering as sometimes if you update and don't clean out the cache files 'old' before-the-patch behaviours happen.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 12:13:48 AM »
Yeah but I stand by my opinion that all abduction should just result in more chance in male pregnancy. But I want the interaction to investigate the weird light could be cancelled in case you don't want to be abducted and get pregnant. This should be the best compromise between alien lover and single household lover (like me).

Also I thought you only have the unlucky odds of getting pregnant by abductions since my sim get pregnant after third abduction. Unless we have the current pregnancy rate, we will never now for sure whether it is glitch or just pure bad roll chance on your game.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 01:09:31 AM »
I agree about the cancelling the 'investigate strange light' interaction. It would indeed give players more options. I haven't just tested this in one game file! lol. I wish that were the case! I actually have over five game files that I rotate through all actively using abduction etc etc. Still, it's good to know that some simmers are still getting male pregnancy occurring after abductions. Seems the more I read/search on the net, the more I find that most players aren't so lucky.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 02:08:51 AM »
I'd been wondering what happens if a pure alien male gets abducted.  Until today, I'd assumed that nothing happened.
But.....
Jayden, son of Senior Pollinator Technician #3 and J Huntington III (my current dynasty's first pollinator) got abducted the sim night before.
This sim morning, he got the belly sparkles, a thought bubble with a baby rattle, and said "Nooboo?"

Even though female aliens getting male sims pregnant have apparently been patched out, I can't decide whether to try for a son or daughter.
'Twould be funny if J and all his descendants got abducted and had a son.  I think I need to make a copy of my dynasty file to play separately, lol. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 02:48:54 AM »
Arghh... *dies of envy* my male alien got abducted but still no belly sparkles/pregnancy.  :(

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 03:18:17 AM »
You mean Blaize on that double abduction night?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 03:27:51 AM »
No..he got abducted in my game play today. I haven't had a chance to post that chapter yet. lol

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 02:44:23 PM »
I have two different files, one that was specifically geared to get abductions (Scientist with the aspiration of nerd brain so there was a rocket).  He went to Sixam, had the satelitte and the wormhole generator... He got abducted twice.  First time, no pregnancy.  Second time, there was... but then the game crashed.  And of course, the last save was JUST before the pregnancy... after trying and trying and trying to get him abducted again (which he never did), he did meet a female alien that he moved in and tried for baby with, but still no alien pregnancy.  I think the best solution would be to up the chance of pregnancy but either a button to turn things off, OR the ability to cancel the interaction if one doesn't want alien pregnancy or abduction.  I don't want alien babies all over the place, but I just want one or two!

I even have a second file that I was trying with and no abductions at all for him.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 03:03:37 PM »
The simplest approach they could at least try is to make the abduction interaction could be cancelled and of course lower the chance of abduction if the sims is not actively looking for it. For female alien to male sim pregnancy problem, I thought the simplest solution would be make the other sim who your sim ask try for baby be the host of the alien child. They could also make a new interaction that will guaranteed male to be pregnant and not the female if the interaction succeed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 03:16:36 PM »
I kind of like the fact that there's a chance for both male and female to get pregnant.  I tried for that a lot in the second file.  But no dice.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 04:32:29 AM »
That's why I thought maybe they should include an interaction to ensure only ONE of the parents got pregnant while also keeping "try for baby" for a chance for both.

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »
Been trying to get Don Lothario abducted and knocked up and having the worst time trying to even get him beamed up. I have the satellite and every 24 hours I click it to contact aliens and no dice. Thought it would be interesting to have Don himself with child since he has been "very busy" with having seven children with four different women, it would be a nice revenge for him not keeping it in his pants to understand the pain of hormones and labor, lol! I have only had two abductions thus far in my game, only one was a male that resulted in a pregnancy, and I am tired of trying to get him abducted at this point and he is a an elder now and running out of time. I think my final option to get him pregnant is to have him "Try for Baby" with an alien with the fertile reward and hope that both him and the alien get pregnant.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »
@snackrafice , as far as I can make out EA have hotpatched the female aliens getting male sims pregnant out. The links that oshziu posted above have some info on that.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 11:38:23 PM »
@snackrafice Your only hope is that the abductions is finally work and Don eventually got pregnant. Right now only female aliens would get pregnant with male sims if they choose to try for baby. For now we can only hope that they tweak this again in the future by keeping abduction rate low while making pregnancy rate still high like before. The only reason I hate male pregnancy is because it always uncomfortable to them (even after the second time when they should know what is happening). It's like male only got the bad effects on pregnancy unlike female who at least got happy when they know they are indeed pregnant.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 09:48:20 AM »
I didn't see this link so sorry if it's been posted and I'm being repetitive. 

The chances of abduction and male pregnancy have been patched.  The notes from the patch are here.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/828591/april-13-patch-notes#latest

Our overly-friendly visitors from Sixam were a bit too amorous. We've reduced the frequency of alien abductions and further reduced the frequency of male pregnancy thereafter. We know our men are good looking but that's no excuse!

There appears to have been some imbalance in the game as some players were experiencing multiple abductions but other players were  experiencing few or none.  I know I'm one of the players who hasn't experienced any at all.  Before the patch or after.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »
My only guess is the RNG (Random Number Generator) / something that determine all chance based interaction (the bug reports in sims 4 prefer the term Randomizer) in a game is somehow broken in some games that is why this issues is different for each player.

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2015, 05:24:18 PM »
@snackrafice , as far as I can make out EA have hotpatched the female aliens getting male sims pregnant out. The links that oshziu posted above have some info on that.

@snackrafice Your only hope is that the abductions is finally work and Don eventually got pregnant. Right now only female aliens would get pregnant with male sims if they choose to try for baby. For now we can only hope that they tweak this again in the future by keeping abduction rate low while making pregnancy rate still high like before. The only reason I hate male pregnancy is because it always uncomfortable to them (even after the second time when they should know what is happening). It's like male only got the bad effects on pregnancy unlike female who at least got happy when they know they are indeed pregnant.

Drat! I didn't realize that they patched out the male pregnancies through simple woohoo with an alien Sim. Thanks for the tip! I guess all that is left is to keep my fingers crossed and hope that Don gets pollinated through a UFO abduction before his lifepspan comes to a close. D=

Offline seakissed

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »
I'm so disappointed to hear that! I absolutely loved having this be a result of a woohoo

I wish everyone the best of luck with their male pregnancy efforts!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 03:01:24 PM »
OK so long after giving up trying for a male sim to get pregnant from an alien abduction, it finally happens! Which is good news! I basically had just stopped bothering about using the satellite in my dynasty game to prevent abductions because nothing ever happened anymore and then I had 8 sims in the house anyway. Well, an elder died, a few of the sims got abducted a few times and then the first time my YA heir gets abducted he gets pregnant!

So, yeah! Finally a male pregnant through alien abduction.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
OK so long after giving up trying for a male sim to get pregnant from an alien abduction, it finally happens! Which is good news! I basically had just stopped bothering about using the satellite in my dynasty game to prevent abductions because nothing ever happened anymore and then I had 8 sims in the house anyway. Well, an elder died, a few of the sims got abducted a few times and then the first time my YA heir gets abducted he gets pregnant!

So, yeah! Finally a male pregnant through alien abduction.

Woo! *blows horn

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 08:26:24 PM »
Whelp! As soon as I gave up hope that Don Lothario would get abducted.... BAM! He got beamed up! Took me by surprise since his age line was sparkly and he was due for a visit by the Grim Reaper. Basically once I gave up on using the satellite to try to encourage an abduction that it finally occurred all on its own. I got annoyed that the results of using the satellite only got Don a phone call from aliens or a bunch would just bust through the front door and eat all the food in the household's fridge, RUDE! After he was abducted I tried to keep calm because a single abduction doesn't mean a pregnancy and I didn't want to be let down. So after Don almost set fire to the house by grilling burgers and extinguishing the flames I got the confirming sparkly belly, woo~!! Glad it finally happened to Don, now he can feel the wrath of all his baby momma's, lol!  :P But poor Nina, she is going to be stuck caring for this nooboo all alone because Don will pass shortly after the alien baby is born.  :'(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 10:56:59 PM »
Hmm, while that's terrific news snackrafice, does have me wondering if EA has hot patched this element of game play... Poor Don though, not living long enough to see his nooboo grow up.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 03:19:49 AM »
Hmm, while that's terrific news snackrafice, does have me wondering if EA has hot patched this element of game play... Poor Don though, not living long enough to see his nooboo grow up.

@Playalot, what does "hot patching" mean? I don't know how it differs from regular patching.

And congrats snackrafice (love your name!)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 06:19:16 AM »
@oshizu , I just meant it's a patch like live patching or not actually with detail patch notes informing players that it's happened etc. I'm not in any way shape or form into software developing so I was using the term as slang for something that might have been added as a 'fix'. Just my opinion and most probably completely wrong.  ::) Probably shouldn't have posted my 'musings'.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 03:30:10 PM »
@Playalot, thank you for clarifying.  I'd thought you used it to refer to a "quick fix" but wanted to be sure.   :)