Author Topic: Outdoor Herbalist: Sleeping in a tent  (Read 19880 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Outdoor Herbalist: Sleeping in a tent
« on: May 02, 2015, 01:51:07 PM »
I was hoping for some tips about the Outdoor Herbalist's Milestone IV requirement: Sleep 5 nights in a tent

I've never been able to complete this requirement and I wonder if it's because one of the first rewards I buy is Never Weary.
So three questions:
(1) How many hours of sleep corresponds to "one night"?
(2) Does the aspiration count the number of hours slept in a day, or does the sleep have to occur overnight?
(3) Are the sleep hours cumulative? For example, would two 5-hour sleeps equal a one-night sleep?

Should a sim planing to do this aspiration hold off on buying Never Weary?
Perhaps I'm just not exercising enough patience, but my current sim never seems to sleep enough each night in a tent.  Maybe wait until his Energy's in the red?

Edit: Should I have posted this in the Outdoor Retreat portion of the forum?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Outdoor Herbalist: Sleeping in a tent
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 02:12:30 PM »
I have managed to get this, even with a sim with the Never Weary reward.

These are the two things that seemed to matter:

1. The sleep has to take place at night -- send your sim to bed between 9pm and 12am.
2. The sim has to get a full sleep (i.e., the green circle around the tent in the lower left corner has to complete), and the sim has to wake up on his own. Do not click on the hungry icon -- that will wake him up too quickly. In fact, don't queue up anything for your sim.

Hope these help.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 06:03:57 PM »
I think I read somewhere that it has to be at least 6 hours sleep. I find it tricky too as most of my sims have the Never Weary reward. Takes me two days to get one night's sleep. I do wait until their sleep/energy is in the red or very low anyway. It's not cumulative, it has to be a complete nights sleep to count as one night in a tent. As long as your sims wakes up on his/her own and it's been at least 6 hours it should tick off one night in a tent on the requirements.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 07:01:35 PM »
@MarianT  Thanks so much for your answers.

I'd never even noticed the tent icon with the green circle before.
My sim tried sleeping in the tent after staying up until his Energy was in the red.
As you suggested, I didn't queue up any other actions and just ignored him until he woke naturally.

He now has one night done.  Thanks so much for your help!

@Playalot, hmmm six hours minimum.  I was too nervous and just waited till he woke. On the plus side, he got one night's sleep in one night (his Energy was deeply in the red, lol).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »
Cool! Glad you got it sorted...I  meant that it takes my never weary sims two days until their energy hits red. Sorry, a bit confusing in my explanation there!  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 07:27:51 PM »
Cool! Glad you got it sorted...I  meant that it takes my never weary sims two days until their energy hits red. Sorry, a bit confusing in my explanation there!  ::)

Thanks for clarifying.  After reading your post, I began wondering if "hours slept" is an accumulative value.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 03:15:06 AM »
An update on sleeping in a tent.

My never-weary sim is also unemployed, so I'd been having trouble getting his Energy in the red by bedtime due to his inconsistent daily schedule.
The last two times, I just sent him to whenever he'd run Energy into the red zone. Although once he went to sleep at 10 am and another time at 3:30 pm, then sleeping until awaking naturally, each of these sleeps were counted as one of the "Sleep 5 nights."

This must be a hard requirement for a never-weary sim with a job....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nonsequitorian

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »
Does the tent have to be in Granite Falls, or can we complete the interaction on home lot?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 01:09:23 PM »
Does the tent have to be in Granite Falls, or can we complete the interaction on home lot?
@Nonsequitorian --- You may use your Sims' home lot.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 01:18:15 PM »
@oshizu --- I'm glad your Sim was able to get the nights slept in a tent portion of the milestone :)!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »
I googled with the keywords "Outdoor Enthusiast tent" and discovered my own thread from two years ago, lol.
Since that time, I've completed that aspiration a couple of times with a sim who had what has been renamed the Seldom Weary trait (4,000 satisfaction points).

Recently, I unthinkingly started on Outdoor Enthusiast with a sim who (I only remembered later) has the new Never Weary trait (the one for 10,000 satisfaction points).
It's impossible to get her Energy into the red zone before sleeping and she always wakes up after several hours.
So, if you want to complete Outdoor Enthusiast, don't be an idiot like me. Use a sim who hasn't bought the new Never Weary trait.
Arrgggghhh. I'll just complete the aspiration using another sim...

Offline MonsterBong427

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2023, 03:32:52 AM »
I registered an account just to post on this issue. I too was having the issue with my Never Weary traited sim not being able to have enough energy depleted to have the ability to sleep longer than 4 hours. The requirement for the achievement states it has to be 5 or longer... Well, I finally discovered a way to lower his energy and it was here in Carl's forums... The bubbler blower! I hope this post helps many people who were frustrated by this encounter.

" Cosmic Encounter:
1. Inspired +1 3 hrs. Imaginative (From Using BB) So Many Possibilities!
2. Inspired +3 4hrs Luminous (From Using BB) Sims name can’t sit still, there are too many ideas bouncing around! (Action) Sims will have a light blue glow around them a bit like the alien glow.
3. Asleep +100 1hr Zonked (From Using BB) It was so relaxing Sims Name fell right asleep. (Action) sims energy bar, if full, drops to half. Not sure what happens if it is low in the first place, probably drops to red
4. Asleep +10,000 Sleeping Soundly (From Napping) This one only seems to appear with this flavor, your sims simply inhales then goes to sleep sitting up. "

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2023, 09:18:27 PM »
I registered an account just to post on this issue. I too was having the issue with my Never Weary traited sim not being able to have enough energy depleted to have the ability to sleep longer than 4 hours. The requirement for the achievement states it has to be 5 or longer... Well, I finally discovered a way to lower his energy and it was here in Carl's forums... The bubbler blower! I hope this post helps many people who were frustrated by this encounter.

" Cosmic Encounter:
1. Inspired +1 3 hrs. Imaginative (From Using BB) So Many Possibilities!
2. Inspired +3 4hrs Luminous (From Using BB) Sims name can’t sit still, there are too many ideas bouncing around! (Action) Sims will have a light blue glow around them a bit like the alien glow.
3. Asleep +100 1hr Zonked (From Using BB) It was so relaxing Sims Name fell right asleep. (Action) sims energy bar, if full, drops to half. Not sure what happens if it is low in the first place, probably drops to red
4. Asleep +10,000 Sleeping Soundly (From Napping) This one only seems to appear with this flavor, your sims simply inhales then goes to sleep sitting up. "

What a brilliant solution!
How did you do it?  Did you place the bubble blower right next to the tent?

anything