Author Topic: Doctor Career: Symptoms and Illness List  (Read 2083570 times)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Doctor Career: Symptoms and Illness List
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »
I've been playing with the Doctor Career recently, and have become increasingly frustrated with it. It seemed almost impossible to correctly diagnose a sim as the results were almost never narrowed down to one, and any guides on the diseases I found online offered incomplete or even outright incorrect information. After another diagnosis failed, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I started a new file, joined the doctor career, got out a pen and paper, and got to work.

Some parameters before I get started:
I played with a single young adult sim fresh out of CAS. I placed her on the Oakenstead lot using freerealestate.
I used testingcheats on to max out her Doctor career and Logic skill and give her enough aspiration points to purchase mood based rewards (Never Weary, Steel Bladder, etc.) These were the only rewards I purchased.
I didn't play with her at all really except at work and to pay bills. Her moods were kept up using rewards and testingcheats. This file was simply to record the diseases and symptoms, not anything else.
Aging off, Free Will on.

Let’s get started, shall we?

First off, some random observations about the Doctor career:
  • Leveling logic is very important to this career. My other doctor had mid-level logic, and would often receive nothing from the analysis of a patient’s sample. With max logic, this doctor never failed at analysis, which was incredibly useful because…
  • ...while treating the patients, I worked out a process for diagnosis. I would start out by swabbing a patient, and then go and analyze their sample. While analyzing the sample, I would watch the patient for signs of symptoms. After analyzing (which when successful would give enough for a weak diagnosis), I would return to the patient and perform one the the other examination options. (Take Temperature, Check Eyes, etc). I’d only perform one, because after only one successful interaction it would narrow down the diagnosis options even further. At this point i’d do one of two things; take them to the x-ray/treadmill to narrow down the diagnosis options even further, or immediately diagnose them. I did the latter near the end of my tests when I was familiar enough with the symptoms to use process of elimination.
  • There were a few times when, after performing all these tests successfully, my diagnosis options would be narrowed down to 1. This was rare, however, and I wouldn’t rely on that happening. You’re going to need to be familiar with the symptoms or a good guesser to reliably and efficiently diagnose sims.
  • My doctor never failed at treating a sim or performing surgery. I don’t think it’s possible, but it might just be because my sim was level 10 in her career and logic.
  • Of the 35 patients I tested, I never had a case where there was “No Illness”.
  • I’ve seen guides list thought bubbles as indications of certain illnesses. My experience with the career has led me to believe this isn’t true, or is mostly random enough that it’s not helpful. I think the thought bubbles just indicate “Hey, I’m sick.”
  • Something I believe is a glitch; if a patient had rashes, they would often lose them during treatment. (This especially happened if I was handling multiple patients at once.) My only suggestion is making note of a patient’s rash early if they have one.
  • Successful X-Ray and Treadmill tests can be used to discover aliens.

• ...even if they weren't in disguise.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Symptoms and Illness List Part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
Okay, now onto the diseases themselves! I’ll first start by listing the diseases, and the symptoms I commonly found associated with them. Then I’ll explain the symptoms themselves.

NOTE: Even with a fairly large test group, (35 patients), it's likely that my data doesn't cover everything. Some diseases I only encountered a handful of times, and randomness and glitches might've prevented me from seeing all the symptoms and rashes. Don't hold this list as law, but just a strong guildline open to suggestions and changes.

Bloaty Head
This was one of the two most common diseases, at least in my game file.

Rashes: None
Symptoms: Headache, Steam Blowing Out of the Ears.

Burning Belly
This was incredibly uncommon. Only one patient of 35 had this, so the data might not be as complete for this one as the others.

Rashes: None
Symptoms: Fever, Stomach Ache

Gas & Giggles
Less common than the other non surgery diseases. Seemed weirdly lacking in supposed symptoms, but a good indication of this disease if if the sim if Playful. You can find this out by talking to them or just by observing their idle animations (lots of laughing. lots.)

Rashes: Tiger Stripes
Symptoms: Stomach Ache

Itchy Plumbob
Not as rare as Burning Belly, but still rather rare. The way to tell this apart from Sweaty Shivers is the presence of Tiger Stripes and lack of a Fever.

Rashes: Tiger Stripes
Symptoms: Itchiness

Llama Flu
A relatively common disease. Fairly easy to tell apart from the others, as it only shares it’s symptoms with Triple Threat, without Swirls and sometimes with a Fever.

Rashes: Orange and Green Spots, None
Symptoms: Fever, Coughing, Sneezing

Starry Eyes
Also relatively common, and easy to recognize due to the Dizziness (which features the eponymous stars) and the weird Swiping, which is shares with no other disease.

Rashes: Swirls, None
Symptoms: Dizziness, Swiping

Sweaty Shivers
If Bloaty Head isn't the most common, this is. The only disease aside from Itchy Plumbob to experience Itchiness, and far more common.

Rashes: Orange and Green Spots, None
Symptoms: Fever, Itchiness

Triple Threat
Like the other two surgery diseases, this one is rather uncommon. Can be differented from Starry Eyes by the lack of Swiping and Llama Flu by the lack of Fever.

Rashes: Swirls, Orange and Green Spots
Symptoms: Dizziness, Coughing

Since I don’t believe there are official names for any of the symptoms, I referred to them by what I believe their real life equivalents are. I’ve decided to add brief descriptions and picture of all of them (along with the rashes) to make sure anyone using this info knows what I’m referring to.

First, the rashes:

Swirls

Orange and Green Spots

Tiger Stripes

Now the Symptoms:

Coughing/Sneezing
Unfortunately, I don’t have an image of coughing or sneezing, but they look exactly like their real life counterparts. Indicates Llama Flu or Triple Threat.

Smoke out the Ears
Again don’t have images, but this one is possibly the most obvious. You’ll know it when you see it. Indicates Bloaty Head.

Itchiness
Again, no good image. Sims itch their chest and legs. Indicates Sweaty Shivers or Itchy Plumbob.

Dizziness

Stars whirl around the head. Indicates Starry Eyes or Triple Threat.

Fever

Sims wipe their forehead and fan themselves. Indicates Llama Flu, Burning Belly, or Sweaty Shivers.

Headache

Rings appear around a sim’s head and throb. Indicates Bloaty Head.

Stomach Ache

Sims rub their stomach as if nauseous. Indicates Gas & Giggles or Burning Belly.

Swiping

Possibly the weirdest symptom. Sims swipe at the air and then look very confused, as if they weren’t controlling themselves. Indicates Starry Eyes.

Glowing

Most likely not a symptom, but something I included because I had never noticed it before. Only occurs with aliens, so it might just be something I hadn’t noticed before. (ETA: This is indeed not a symptom! Aliens just glow when they're 'Very' whatever emotion. They do this in human disguises, too, so it's useful for determining if someone's an alien!)

If any one has any additional thoughts/observations, let me know. I'd love to hear them.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Doctor Career: Symptoms and Illness List
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 06:28:36 PM »
It's an incredible amount of info you've shared. I am grateful, as it will definitely save me some time. I need to load a new Doctor myself so that I make sure I am able to diagnose them using my list + yours, then I'll edit the page. I'll try to do this one soon because it's a popular Career and it's clear I didn't have a large enough sample size myself. There is another post with more info, and I'll try to combine all of this so that people can successfully diagnose. It's way more complex than the usual Careers and make everything else look easy. I really liked it, but it can definitely be frustrating. The pics of specific symptoms will be very useful to players, and I'll likely make some kind of collage out of them to show people what they look like. I assume you are OK with that, since you posted it here, and I thank you for taking the time to share with us. :)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:03:10 PM »
Oh, it's no problem! A lot of this was for myself, but I was sure other simmers were experiencing similar frustrations, so I was happy to share. In regards to the career itself, I agree; the Doctor career is way more complex than even the other active ones, but it's a lot of fun once you know what you're doing.

And yes, feel free to use the pictures. It's going to be a little weird seeing my sims on the guide!  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 04:14:08 AM »
What a great post officialghosts! Thank you so much for sharing. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I wonder if the glowing around the aliens is just their normal glowing that they do when they experiences any emotion at the 'very' level? (i.e. very happy etc). I was quite confused about some of these symptoms as no matter how intently I looked at the sick sims I couldn't really see anything apart from the occasion sim with stars. I could see rashes on the sims when they were in the waiting room/receptionist area but nothing when they were on the beds. I also was leaving the analysis as the last thing so I'm hoping that doing this early on, as you suggest makes a difference.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:46 PM »
Thanks Playalot! Glad to help. ;D

The glowing might be that. I only included it because I had never seen it before, as I've had pretty much no play time with aliens. And yeah, the other symptoms can be kinda hard to catch, especially the ones that don't have any special effects (stars, steam, etc.) This first few times I saw the swiping motion were really confusing; I wasn't sure what it could possibly be a symptom for, but it seemed WAY too strange for an idle animation! My best tip is to just play on speed 1 and watch the patient constantly.

I always went with analysis first as I felt it was an easy way to narrow down my options. I can't ensure it was the best option, but by the end of my testing doing that combined with watching the patient and a simple interaction was enough for me to correctly diagnose the patient.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »
I haven't even begun to play the doctor career yet and this will come in handy, especially as people are reporting bugs or not making progress. I really want to have a doctor for my dynasty and don't want to fail yet again for not getting promotions. Thank you for the time and effort this guide took <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
@Nettlejuice: Thank you! <3

I can relate to your concerns. The main reason I made this guide in the first place was because the founder of my ID was a doctor and I was worried about her getting demoted/not getting promoted fast enough due to constantly misdiagnosing patients. On the other hand, I only failed one diagnosis during this test and by the end of it my sim had gotten a raise/filled up her performance bar 7 times!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 12:53:38 AM »
I also have been putting off the doctor career because the bits and pieces I'd read about so far seemed so confusing.
The way you organized your information into tips, diseases and symptoms with images, however, makes a lot of sense.

Does each disease always require the same treatment?

Thank you so much for organizing your notes on the Doctor career into these posts and sharing them with us.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 07:55:25 AM »
@oshizu Thanks! I'm glad it's so helpful.
Yes, you always treat diseases the same way. As far as I can tell once you diagnose the rest of the treatment is as simple as a click of a button. You're walled off from all but one treatment option and can't rediagnose a sim. I don't believe it's possible for treatment to fail, unless your diagnosis was incorrect, obviously.  ;)

Another thing to note that I forgot to mention. If you save and quit out without diagnosing, the patients will not always have the same illness they did the last time you played. Just a warning. (For those who need to stop playing during work,and those who thought they were gonna waltz through the career by save scumming it.)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 04:01:02 PM »
Just thought I'd mention that my sim has maxed logic and she often fails at analysis and at even taking the swabs! She is always very focused. I think she is just a really bad doctor!  ::) Despite performing all the tests she often has three illness left to choose from and with little or no symptoms from the patients it's just one big unhappy guessing game. Ugh. She's level 8 now.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »
@Playalot Hope the new patch fixes it so you can deliver a nooboo, I know when my Sim goes for a hospital birth I'd much rather have Zahra attend to her, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 05:27:44 PM »
@Playalot I'm 99% certain my sim never failed her analysis. I'm unsure if this is a glitch on either of our files, or me just getting incredibly lucky. Maybe it's because my sim was level 10 in her career?

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble. I think how often symptoms appear might be (unintentionally) file dependent, as I felt like symptoms showed up a lot more often in my test file than my dynasty file. However, this is just a guess, as I didn't actually test or look into that part of it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
I think the most frustrating part is nearly all the patients have no symptoms. Or if the have some, such as a rash or stars, the symptoms disappear once they sit on the beds. Occasionally I have managed to get a diagnosis down to one illness but with disappearing symptoms it's rather difficult to tell what's wrong with them. I thought perhaps the focused pictures I hung all around the hospital might be overriding their illness symptoms so I took them down. It didn't make a difference!  Unfortunately because this is my dynasty file I can't really do anything else than stumble along doing my best to fill each work days task bar without ever curing an illness as I can't take the chance it's wrong and therefore lose progress. lol, the hospital fills up with diagnosed but untreated sim's.  ;D

So far no nooboo to deliver either. Going on two sim weeks now...I keep telling myself a pregnant sim will appear tomorrow!  ::) I'm quite sure that a different file would result in quite a different doctor experience.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »
@amaiyasai @officialghosts I just heavily updated Doctor's symptoms and diseases section, and was successful in using the symptoms list to diagnose my own patients. Amaiyasai provided some info on missing illnesses, and I took their rash evidence to be true because of randomness in the game. I DID have a patient with no illness, so even though 35 is a big number of samples we've just got so many possibilities here. I'd treated a good number myself and still missed a couple of diseases in the first version.

I think the core symptom list is very very good, so thank you officialghosts for all your work on this post. It will help a lot of people over the years, so you've effectively cured many Sims with your work here. I put in a few tips you guys posted as well as one of my own (ending interaction with them to get them to do idle animations).

I think you will like what I did with your images, as opposed to making some collage. That would have been to hard to see. What they can do is look at the pics to get ideas of illnesses, then go to the list above and compare the diseases to figure out which it is.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »
Awesome! The post looks great, Carl. I'm happy to be able to provide information for a wide group of simmers. If I notice anything else through my regular play I'll  make sure to mention it here.

I'm not too surprised that you got a patient with no illness- it seems rare, and with the randomness the illnesses involve I'm not surprised that they're some things I missed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »
I guess once in a while, someone who has been reading too much about diseases on the internet comes in :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
Worth bumping to say that SimGuruGraham messaged me on twitter to let me know two things from the programmer who did Doctor. Level is the only thing that matters. Logic and focused do not factor into the diagnosis. Many of us who felt like it did were probably just gradually getting more experience as doctors and increasing in level. As we knew, some symptoms are shared across diseases. So we were on the right track to look at all symptoms and come up with our own medical journal of sorts. Very grateful for the time people invested in helping with this, as I think our Doctor guide has to be one of the best on the web at this point :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 10:23:50 PM »
@Carl
The Doctor guide states:
It gets a bit harder to advance from 5-7. Once you need three surgeries, you already have a decent job as a GP, but it will take time to need to do three surgeries. Sims may come in collapsed and need emergency surgery. Just keep at it, and some Sims will eventually need them based on your diagnosis. It may take 2-3 days of work, for there are only the emergencies and two types of illness that require surgery

By two types of illnesses requiring surgery, I assume you are referring to Burning Belly and Triple Threat. Doesn't Itchy Plumbob also require surgery?

Another general question for everyone: What is the purpose of the coworkers?
My sim started the Doctor career at Level 4 so we skipped meeting the coworkers, but all they do is hang around, take selfies, and talk to Dino in the reception area. At Level 7, my doctor gets alerts when untreated sims leave the hospital, but I see no option to Order coworkers like in the scientist career. Should I be transferring files or something?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 07:55:14 AM »
@oshizu, you are correct that Itchy Plumbob requires surgery. Good catch!

On the coworkers; I'm pretty sure they serve no purpose. To me it seems they're not programmed any differently than a regular sim would be; aiming simply for the things that they want to do (using the computer, socializing) rather than actually completing job requirements. Filing reports shouldn't make a difference. Since patients leaving doesn't lower job performance and your coworker's laziness doesn't really screw you over (unless they're, say, hogging your computer) I would just try to ignore them.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »
Think that was the one I missed, so I'll edit that to say three rarer types of illness. The whole format of that one is different and I may try to further clean it up, just want players to know they're not crazy as it's hard for a Sims career!

I too haven't seen a purpose for the co-workers there. Gotta edit in today how great it is to boss the science workers around :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »
Thank you both for feedback on the coworkers.  I'd realize that patients leaving wasn't affecting job performance, but they still make me feel bad somehow. And more sims line up at the reception desk than my doctor could begin to handle, especially with diagnoses now requiring more examination.  Good to know that I can just ignore the alerts.

I too haven't seen a purpose for the co-workers there. Gotta edit in today how great it is to boss the science workers around :)

LOL, I wish I had a few minions of my own in real life.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 02:37:39 AM »
Just wanted to say how great the doctor career guide is. It's really comprehensive.  :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! Wouldn't be as great just yet without the help of these folks, so I'm grateful. Just edited in the correction on number of diseases that require surgery and that coworkers aren't very helpful.

Dellena

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 05:31:00 AM »
The guide has been great for me with my current doctor.  I've been managing to correctly diagnose patients well be the 'Guaranteed Diagnosis' stage due to the guide.  It's made the doctor career more fun for me.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 08:48:31 AM »
@Dellena I'm glad you've been having so much success with the career! Having the information all in one place has definitely helped me, too. And I agree- once you know what you're doing, the doctor career becomes a lot more fun!

Offline Moomaline0327

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 08:20:09 PM »
Thanks for such a great guide!:) If I'm not mistaken, the glow/aura around the Alien Sims reflects their moods. I've noticed this in my sims before, such as when they're happy, they have a green aura around them. That could be the case for the alien in the picture, as she has an orange aura, signifying the Uncomfortable moodlet. Hope this helps (if I'm right!)! ;D

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »
You're welcome for the help, and also welcome to the forum! :D You're right about the alien aura, as I've learned since making this post. I might go back and delete or add an edit to that part to avoid confusion for anyone reading the guide. Thank you, though.  :)

Offline Kamek

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 06:22:03 PM »
a very useful guide, thank you very much! I actually got all 3 surgeries (for the 7th step of the career ladder) done on the first day (which were all 3 different illnesses, too) and ranked up right after.  8)

I've actually found something recently (that isn't really useful for this guide, I suppose, but still relative to illness in this game)

Using the sims.add_buff cheat to give sims symptoms, if you enter seeingthings_severe, which causes the Delirious moodlet (which causes the swatting at the air), it will give the sim a star-shaped rash that doesn't show up with any illness in the game (unless of course, it DOES show up and is just very rare). Interesting!

Offline pepper

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2016, 01:40:48 PM »
Great guide, i've been following it and only had one case misdiagnosed, probably because I misread a symptom.  However, I did want to make a note that I saw the orange and green spots, not the swirls, coughing and dizziness and got a guaranteed diagnosis of triple threat.  I've also had triple threat with the swirls, so I'm guessing both rashes can present themselves.  I was pretty sure it was triple threat because of the other symptoms, but I did waste a lot of time running tests because it was so weird that the rash was different!  Could also be a game bug, though, but you might want to include it anyway in case anyone else runs into a similar patient! 

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 05:02:52 PM »
@Kamek You're welcome! And wow, that it quite interesting! I've definitely never seen that pattern before.

@pepper I'm glad the guide is helping so much! It's totally possible that the orange and green spots are a symptom of Triple Threat and I just missed it. Thank you for mentioning it. :D

Offline Kamek

• Nooboo
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 09:01:58 PM »
@officialghosts Yeah! Maybe they intended to include another illness with that symptom but decided against it.

Also, the spotty rash is indeed part of the triple threat! Because it comes with the symptom of coughing/sneezing. This is also why the giggling symptom is part of itchy plumbob: to give it another rash. I've been playing the doctor career a LOT...

So knowing which rash goes with what symptom helps a lot with diagnosing.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 11:52:11 AM »
Every time my doctor sim was about to diagnose the patients' signs, I opened Carl's Guide doctor career page. The best help from there was just keep testing X-ray and Running machine until the signs narrow down. I could get only 2 choices eventually, then I was able to diagnose nearly perfectly. The other thing I tried is I edited the hospital. I put x-ray, chemical analyzer, running machine and patient bed in each room so that my doctor sim won't waste time for walking around and it saved a lot of time and he could test more and more. Also he updated all the machines  using night time. He used to get home at 9 pm for updating machines very often. Eventually, he was able to reach to the top level 10. :)

http://cfile25.uf.tistory.com/image/2133323556FAA60A0CE810

http://cfile3.uf.tistory.com/image/22321D3556FAA6110D7FC1

;D
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline Lee9

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »
Hi! I just registered to add my input, since I couldn't find this exact info anywhere else in this thread.

I just had a patient both itching and swiping. I made a guess and succesfully diagnosed and treated for Itchy Plumbob.

Don't know if those symptoms combined always indicates Itchy Plumbob, but at least now it's out there for other confused simmers to make an educated guess :)

Btw, thank you so much for this list! Without it, I probably never would've tried this career. I do NOT have the patience :p

Offline Teeg

• Nooboo
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
I love this list. Thank you! I just had a patient come in with a rash, upset stomach, and the diagnosis was Gas & Giggles (the swab gave me the answer or I would have guessed wrong). Just thought I'd mention it since neither clue would have given me the right answer if my sim hadn't figured it out on her own.

Here's the rash:

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 01:08:04 AM »
@Teeg  thank you! I will see if i can make any meaningful edits to the page, I haven't personally played a Dr. in a while now!

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 05:55:59 PM »
My doctor sim had completed in Logic skill before joining doctor career. He failed mostly every time he analyzed patients' samples. I thought it maybe..from not upgraded machine or it's just due to the low level at career, he was only level 2, orderly. So my sim upgraded the machine, then he didn't fail in it, also he was level 3 at career. Now he got promoted to Medical Technologist. I'm worried he will be failed in treating his first patient. 
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline nrj28

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 11:51:47 AM »
@Carl Just found a new presentation for sweaty shivers. On your tutorial page it just mentions the patient being itchy. My patient presented with a fever and orange/green spot rash. Not itchy. I thought it was definitely llama flu but it ended up being Sweaty Shivers (guaranteed diagnosis).

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Offline Surrenadee

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2018, 12:30:29 AM »
Based on the wonderful data officialghosts kindly put together, I created a spreadsheet that has helped me tremendously in combining symptoms for a diagnosis. I hope it can come in handy for others. Use it in good sim health!

Offline Surrenadee

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »
A different spreadsheet for the same purpose.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2018, 06:54:48 PM »
@Surrenadee This is pretty handy. I may refer people to this whenever I get around to doing a Dr. video... having all this solid info on symptoms is really the best thing that can be done to help people. This was definitely the hardest career in Sims I have ever covered.

Thanks for your contributions.

anything