Author Topic: Plants, cooking, baking, herbalist ingredients.  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
Plants, cooking, baking, herbalist ingredients.
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:19:24 PM »
When you are cooking, baking or making herbalist products, where should the ingredients be? In the fridge , the inventory or does it mattered? I am unsure how it works. I would like a confirmation if someone knows.

My cook at the "bakery" could not do a recipe that included spinach (grayed out). There was a "regular fridge" in the kitchen ( I know you do not have to have a kitchen but it would seem odd to have a bakery without a kitchen). There was plenty of spinach in the fridge to do the recipe. I transferred the spinach into his inventory and he than could do it. Perhaps it applies only to the baker' recipes? Must he have the ingredients in his inventory,not the fridge?

Also it is basically the same for the herbalist. If another member of the family has the ingredient in his inventory but the herbalist does not, the herbalist will not be able to make the product until you transfer the needed ingredient into his inventory.

However it does not applied to a person cooking. I usually transfer the ingredients into the house's fridge so that anyone can do a recipe and save money. But if one has the ingredient in his inventory instead of the fridge,  will it cost to make the recipe if another member cooks?

I find it confusing and time consuming. I am hoping that there is a simpler way/rule of thumb of dealing with this. Gardening and cooking have always been my favorites and love to do them. But with the introduction of baking and herbal-ism it starting to get difficult to control especially if you have other Sims helping collect the ingredients or if you are playing other Sims with other needs.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Plants, cooking, baking, herbalist ingredients.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »
I've found that herbalism works the same for this as cooking.  It won't pull the ingredients from another Sim's inventory, but it will pull them from the fridge if they're not in your Sim's inventory.  I think both cooking and herbalism will try your Sim's inventory before trying the fridge.  I still haven't tried baking.  I wonder if it's different when not at home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything