Author Topic: Marketable Trait  (Read 38639 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Marketable Trait
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 11:40:34 PM »
@dodi90 , oh well, it was worth a shot anyway! lol. I like to think that my exertions will beat the game mechanics in the end!  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 05:33:55 AM »
Not sure if this helps, but changing directions - say, from painting to woodworking, and then back to painting - affects the marketable trait in a negative way. It takes a number of items to take the level of income from crafted items back to where it was before the switch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 10:15:01 AM »
I've discovered that the marketable trait can actually lower the value of items that you make.  They do average to a higher value than without the trait, but I've baked some pastries using the cupcake factory that have given lower values when sold to the bakery than the ones on the table in the guide.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 02:01:03 PM »
I guess we need verification on this. By the way the meal quality is excellent right? since good actually sell for lower than the listed value.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
I guess we need verification on this. By the way the meal quality is excellent right? since good actually sell for lower than the listed value.
Yes, it was excellent quality.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »
Did you try baking some pastries without the marketable trait?  Maybe have a different sim bake it?  The values on the guide were provided by me when "Get to work" first released, and with new patches constantly coming out after the xpac, the value of goods might change because of patches and not because of marketable trait.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »
Did you try baking some pastries without the marketable trait?  Maybe have a different sim bake it?  The values on the guide were provided by me when "Get to work" first released, and with new patches constantly coming out after the xpac, the value of goods might change because of patches and not because of marketable trait.
I don't have a Sim without marketable in that save to try it with, but that would be a good thing to try.  I wonder if the patch did change the values.  Maybe I'll make a game just to try that tomorrow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:44 AM »
I just started testing on the baking values, but it looks like they have changed, and also that skill level when baking the matters, even when the quality is the same.  So the marketable trait doesn't necessarily allow lower than original values.  It also seems like there's a slight variance in the baking values, even with the same skill level and quality.  When I'm done testing baking, I'll post the new values in guide corrections.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 10:42:53 AM »
Thanks.  Sigh, sometimes I don't know why we bother with making guides ... EA likes to change everything so much with every single patch.  Makes writing guides difficult.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
Yeah the downside of having patch every months is this. Sometimes the change isn't reflected in the patch notes at all. It's actually the worst for offline guides since the old guidebook became obsolete after some patches sink in.

Dellena

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 12:30:53 PM »
Which is why Carl's guide will always be superior. :)  Not only is he dedicated to keeping up with the changes, but we have a vibrant, active and observant base of players here on the forums to help catch all the little details.  Keep up the good work to everyone.