Author Topic: Witness Protection  (Read 54402 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Witness Protection
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2015, 08:45:49 PM »
Goodness, you are fast!
I like your quirky sense of humor. This is another wonderful read. :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 08:53:53 PM »
Telling ghost stories to Grim? Lol. Congrats on completing another heir!

*edit* I just did my 1000th post! Even more reason for celebration :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 12:11:15 AM »
Wow! Maxed his job on his second day! That's doing it fast.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »
@Tixxis   Thanks, and I do play quickly, but this dynasty moves at a really fast pace.
@Malley   Congrats on the thousandth post! I've read so much of your stuff that I thought you'd reached that already. Oh, and about age extension, I'll probably give my moving heirs fountain of youth. Moving solves the aging bug anyway.
@Playalot  I kept him away from handiness until he got the job and used liquid job boosters. The speed surprised me as well.

Spanner and Janelle were thrilled to get married and start their family.

Not necessarily in that order.

In practically no time a tiny baby girl joined the family.

Merlot Doe - An Excitable Heavy Sleeper
She has her great-grandfather's vivid blue eyes, but lighter blond hair than anyone else in the family.

Merlot didn't receive a special doll in the mail, so she actually played with her toys.

Merlot: Daddy, your arm's coming off!
Spanner: That can't be good.

The day before Merlot's birthday, Spanner became an Elder.
Me: Sorry about cutting the top of you head off. Not much to see there anyway. Let's get you home and fix that.
Spanner: Thanks, but I'm keeping my clothes this time.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 09:38:48 AM »
Merlot has stolen my heart, what an adorable toddler.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 12:08:57 PM »
Merlot is such a cutie! And Spanner needs some duct tape for that arm, stat!

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 03:00:46 PM »
Merlot is so cute! I wonder where that light blonde hair came from?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »
Just wanted to jump in to say I'm loving this dynasty so far! The only expansion pack I had for 3 was Supernatural, so I never got to explore many of the more complex dynasties, so it's fun to live vicariously through other simmers.

Also, I think the blonde hair is one of the saved presets that comes with the game, which sims sometimes inherit as some sort of genetic mutation instead of family genes. Merlot's lucky she got that and not that fugly green-brown color that usually occurs  ::)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »
Thanks @Malley , @Nettlejuice , @Skilletnap . I agree, Merlot is adorable. I really don't save that many sims to my library, but she's been saved.

@officialghosts  If she'd had the yuck-green hair, she would have gotten a toddler dye job!

Time for Merlot to grow up a little. It didn't go so well first try. I was impressed at how fast Janelle got her to safety though.

Second time worked just fine which was good because Merlot was really hungry. Spanner and Janelle got a little distracted though.
I think Spanner must have picked out his daughter's clothes.

Me: So Merlot, any wishes?
Merlot: I wish you to bow before me.

Merlot did finally pop some wishes, but they were all things like buy a rocking rider, go on a submarine adventure, go for a joy ride...a different interpretation of Ambitious I guess.
Me: Hey Spanner, your hair's gone again.
Spanner: It's apparently part of my work uniform, which is awesome by the way.

Spanner was invited to a party and Merlot wanted to go. She immediately started presiding over her royal court. One of the Van Goulds bowed to her as he passed by, so of course she wanted to meet a vampire.
Merlot: Bite this Vamp!
One of the Van Goulds: Giggle

Time for cake and stylish clothes again.

Merlot is now Nurturing and carries Totally Preggers with her where ever she goes. I put it in the bookcase and she gets it right back out.

Merlot begins her life's work. Thanks to her family's forward thinking, she tops her career as a teen.

Prom time! Merlot went solo but got a romatic interest, Armando Ashcroft, at the dance.

While Merlot was at prom and Spanner was tending to an emergency at the hospital, Janelle became an elder.

Merlo went to Armando's house. I meant to take a picture of them doing their homework. I honestly did, but...

Aw no, Spanner, you were only 52. I will miss you! Not even Grim stuck around. Don't mess with a scorched witch in mourning.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 11:02:50 AM »
RIP Spanner. You shall be missed. Looking forward to seeing Merlot's romantic interest :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »
Aw RIP Spanner, you were great. I loved your bald work uniform styling too.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »
RIP Spanner, his time was too short. I can't wait to see Merlot's beau, it's so funny that she carries around one particular book.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 08:27:36 PM »
Poor Spanner.

Merlot really must want to have babies. :)

3rd generation already! This one is fast ... hopefully the Does stay safe.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 10:11:25 AM »
Thanks, everyone. I don't usually get super-attached to my sims, but Spanner was just so endearing. And Dek, I think you're right. The Nurturing trait has Merlot focused on babies.

One last day at school and Merlot was on the honor roll for 3 days. It was a great birthday present.
Hey, you look awfully put together there, Merlot. It makes me miss Spanner even more.

As an adult, Merlot needed a skill that might actually bring her some opportunities. She played her drums at the park , a lot, hoping to attract some attention.

She saw her boyfriend there one day. It was the first time they had seen each other since growing up. Something had changed. No matter what Merlot said, Armando got mad. How's your day been? Armando is very angry with Merlot. Well, she wasn't going to put up with that.

She decided to go visit her old vampire friend, one of the Van Goulds (Tristan). As Merlot tried to make a love connection...

RIP, Janelle. We'll miss your presence at the family fishing pond.

Merlot really tried flirting, but her heart just wasn't in it. Both times she went to a guy's house, a parent died.

She waited until she felt a little calmer, and headed back to Tristan's house, better prepared this time. It was a big day for Tristan. Not only did he get engaged, but he was also cured of his vampirism.

In fact, it was the most exciting day of his long life.

The newlyweds settled in at the Doe house. Merlot carried on with her drumming, this time at Waylon's Haunt.

Tristan kept busy just waiting for his bride to get one last opportunity.

He started a garden. Okay, he planted a tomato, but it was a perfect tomato. He learned fishing. All in the daylight!

Merlot was asked to earn 500 in tips by the bartender at Waylon's. Her strategy worked!

Merlot: Aw, Tristan, you must be all sore and achy from fishing all day. I have one more thing for you to do. Come to the bedroom with me.

Heir Three

Merlot Doe - Heavy Sleeper, Excitable, Ambitious, Nurturing, Irresistible  LTW - Swimming in Cash

Maxed Career - Master Nectar Craftsman, Nectar Maker 10
Best Friends - Branch Timbley, Leann Nagle
Skill Challenges - Mix Master, Flavorful Feet, Nectar Master
Opportunities - Ear Drumming, Ba-doom-CHING, The Drum Fill, Urban Noise

Current state of the Dynasty Museum

Merlot added 4 bottles of pomegranate-life fruit nectar currently valued at over 600 each, but they seem to gain value rapidly. The upgraded objects are still tucked away in family inventory, safe from the depreciation monster. I'm also putting extra, non-certificate rewards down here out of the way. All world 1 moving requirements are complete at this point. Heir 4 will only need to be responsible for him/herself.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 12:46:27 PM »
My sincere condolences for the loss of Spanner and Janelle. But...
Woah! I'll be looking forward to learn the value of that nectar when your challenge is over. Promise to tell us?
Great progress, KRae!

anything