Author Topic: Comprehensive Paintings List  (Read 315204 times)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Comprehensive Paintings List
« on: June 15, 2015, 01:12:10 PM »
Since I got the game back in November, there have been multiple times when I've been interested in having a full list of the paintings you can create in game. After my most recent failure to find one a few weeks ago, I decided to make my own. I eventually did find a full list, but it was buried in a thread on the official forum to the point where I didn't stumble across it until I was almost halfway done. I decided to continue compiling my collection for these reasons among others, one being the fact that it was on Photobucket which is personally a pain to use.

I did however use that list as a reference for my own, and it was a massive help, along with another post in that thread which contained the number of each type of painting in the game broken down by size and quality. Since they helped me so much, it would feel wrong not to credit them.
Pictures of Paintings
Type/Quality List

Another thing of note before we get on to the list proper is that I have uploaded all* of the paintings to the gallery, sorted by type and size (ie, Abstract Large, Classic Medium, Playful, etc). My origin ID is the same as my profile name, officialghosts. You can also find them by searching the type and size classifiers I just gave (only the name of the emotion for emotional paintings) and under #carlsguide.

With all that said, here we go! I'll start with emotional paintings since there are less, and save the regulars for a post with less exposition.

Playful Paintings

Flirty Paintings

Confident Paintings

Sad Paintings

Angry Paintings

Focused Paintings

*1. While it is in the pictures, there is one painting missing from the Small Pop Art collection on the gallery- the one of the grilled cheese. I do have it saved, so if you have an insatiable desire for that painting in your home (or just think it would look nice on your wall), feel free to post a message here or PM me and I'll gladly upload it. ETA: This painting has now been added to the collection.
2. Both of the references I used were before the release of Outdoor Retreat, so I'm unsure if I collected all of the Landscape Paintings. I believe I did, but If you notice one I missed I would greatly appreciate being informed.
3. There are two Surrealism paintings found in the game's code that neither I or the person who originally took pictures of the paintings were able to find. I'm going to assume they were left out of the game proper for whatever reason and are unable to be created.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Comprehensive Paintings List Part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
And now onto the regular/non-emotional paintings.

Small Classic Paintings

Medium Classic Paintings

Large Classic Paintings

Small Pop Art Paintings

Medium Pop Art Paintings

Large Pop Art Paintings

Small Realism Paintings

Medium Realism Paintings

Large Realism Paintings

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Comprehensive Paintings List Part 3
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 01:16:10 PM »
Apologies for the triple post, but I wanted to provide some breathing room between this post and the last since they're both 99% images. Mods, if you would prefer I combine this post with the last, let me know.

Small Abstract Paintings

Medium Abstract Paintings

Large Abstract Paintings

Small Surrealism Paintings

Medium Surrealism Paintings

Large Surrealism Paintings

Small Impressionism Paintings

Medium Impressionism Paintings

Large Impressionism Paintings

Landscape Paintings

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Comprehensive Paintings List
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I've only had Sims paint a small fraction of these, so it's nice to see the ones I haven't seen in game.

What about the focused ones, or are you considering those not to be paintings?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »
@ClayMask I didn't consider them paintings as they are categorized under the logic skill. I'm happy to throw them up though, as there are only 3 and I have them all in game.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »
The logic ones are borderline, but I think they'd make a nice additional collection.  It's up to you if you want to include them since it's your post.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 01:53:55 PM »
I've now added the focused paintings to the original post (And uploaded them to the gallery.) I decided I felt better about including them then just leaving them out, especially since I already had them on hand.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 02:47:19 PM »
Thank you for sharing these officialghosts, it's great to have all the paintings together in one place.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing these! I thought I had seen all of them at one time or another, but obviously I haven't. I think it might be a good idea to sticky this topic, as it's something people often look for.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 06:34:37 PM »
I agree on the sticky topic.  It's now stuck. :)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 08:56:27 AM »
This is great, officialghosts!
Thank you very much.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
Do some paintings only unlock at certain levels like in Sims 3? I'm trying to paint a specific painting but keep the value down, so scrapping a lot of art work so as not to increase the multipliers.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 07:38:29 AM »
I'm not sure if it answers your question, Annika, but when you're painting in TS4 and level up, it says your sim can now paint medium levels of X type of paintings.  Later it will say high levels of X type of paintings.  I'm thinking (but not sure) that the game places certain paintings in a sub category for how difficult the painting is to accomplish.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 09:17:47 AM »
Simfulicious is right. Within each painting class paintings are divided into the low, high, and medium categories not just by quality but by appearance of the painting. This is what the "You can now paint high level X" messages mean; you now have new pictures for that category. I want to say pictures designated higher quality are worth more, but I haven't extensively painted in a while and that might just be the natural increase in value from leveling up.

Your sims are more likely to paint the highest level of quality in the category that they're capable of; I had to constantly bring in unskilled painters to snag the low level paintings for this collection. This might be your problem, Annika; either your sim is too high leveled and has unlocked higher quality paintings in that category, or is too low leveled and hasn't unlocked the right painting quality. Or, your game is just being fickle and although you're at a perfectly fine level the painting you want just refuses to show up. (This happened to me multiple times in the painting process.)

I can't help you with identifying which level a painting is at-I barely knew at the time-but I recommend looking at the list I linked in the first post, as it might be of some help.

Hope this helps and isn't too incoherent!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 06:13:45 PM »
Thanks :) I had a suspicion that was the case, but thought it may also refer to the quality. At any rate, the medium classic painting I wanted was high quality (or possibly medium and just very fickle) so I did find one at level 6.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »
@officialghosts, I went to look at the paintings, but none of them in your posts are showing up.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 03:03:52 PM »
@MarianT Yes, I just looked. Apparently they're no longer uploaded to the gallery? I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll get to reuploading them right away.

If there's a specific one you're looking for, I'd be happy to upload those first.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
Thanks! They're showing up now. Yes, I wanted to look at one. I thought it might have come with Get Together as it was a seascape.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »
Ok, I've finished uploading them all. I even put in the one painting that was missing from the small pop art collection.

And @MarianT, if you're looking for a painting from Get Together, I don't have it, as I only got the expansion today (thanks again, Carl and MrsFlynn!) and haven't yet had time to explore it. If you don't see it above, it probably is new though. If there are new paintings, they will be added to the list... eventually.   ::)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 04:14:32 PM »
Ok, I've finished uploading them all. I even put in the one painting that was missing from the small pop art collection.

And @MarianT, if you're looking for a painting from Get Together, I don't have it, as I only got the expansion today (thanks again, Carl and MrsFlynn!) and haven't yet had time to explore it. If you don't see it above, it probably is new though. If there are new paintings, they will be added to the list... eventually.   ::)

I don't know that any came with Get Together. The one that I'd never seen before is included in your collection. :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »
Does anyone know how many Grilled Cheese paintings there are? 

My sim has painted two so far.  I was hoping there might be 8 for her Immortal Dynasty collection.

Offline Neanerath

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 06:32:32 AM »
Thanks for the painting list, I've been trying to get all of them for quite some time now. You did miss one painting though. Large Surrealism Painting:

Ooh, I just read all the posts, I guess that might be the painting from expansion or something.

Offline Sophitell

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:33 PM »
You also missed this one in small pop art paintings. ::)

Offline PrplGrl3

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 07:32:40 AM »
Hey, this is really awesome that you've put this collection together, really helped me out whenever I want specific paintings in Sims 4. I did discover another 3 that aren't listed here, really easy to miss ones, though - these ones are from Landscaping. But, still, great job on this art collection, amazing that you've even found so many, and put it into a collection for people :)

Would be really handy, though, if there was a section mentioning at what specific levels each of these paintings are unlocked, in the painting skill, so you'd know which paintings to look out for, as you level up. Because, after doing extensive research into this, I've found that, the higher you level up in the painting skill, the harder it is to get the specific painting you want, because each painting only becomes unlocked at a specific level in the painting skill, and when you hit max level in painting, your chances of getting the the exact painting you want becomes MUCH harder, because 1. You now have a much bigger variety of paintings that have been unlocked, and 2. The paintings are selected at random every time you place a new canvas on the easel, you don't get to choose what painting you are working on. No matter how many times I tried to get specific paintings (and I tried this for days, with no success), I wasn't able to get a lot of lower level ones, because my sim was too high level in the painting skill, and had missed them; I mean, they were still possible to get, I'm sure, but my sim was never able to get them, because, at that high level, there was too big a variety of paintings at that time, making it near impossible to get the lower level ones. But when I cheated my sim's painting level back to 1 and tried again, I had a much better chance of getting the lower level paintings, my sim got them all. The best thing to do, if you're going for a specific painting, is to go for that painting at the level where it is first unlocked, that will give you a much easier chance of getting it, because there is a less variety of paintings at lower levels.

When your sim first starts painting, and you see what painting he/she has done (there's a shortcut to this, where you can actually see what they're painting before they've finished or even started working on it, which I'll explain in a moment) it's a good idea to note down what painting level your sim is at that moment, so that you can remember this info if you want to go for that painting again, for any other households. Anyway, the shortcut is: place a canvas on the easel to paint, quickly hit pause as soon as soon as your sim places the canvas on the easel, say 'scrap painting,' (just a temporary command that you don't have to go through with), then look at the commands on the far left; the 'scrap painting' command you gave to your sim will show the picture of the painting your sim is working on at the moment. You don't have to go through with the 'scap painting' command, though, if you want to keep the painting, just cancel the command and hit play again :)

P.S. All 3 of the Landscaping paintings below were unlocked at level 4 of the painting career. Maybe these didn't show up in the list because they're part of an expansion, idk.

Offline ICanHazSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 09:50:38 AM »
You also forgot a small impressionistic painting of a cat and a dog wearing strawhats

Offline Mrs Yak

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2020, 10:09:17 AM »
What about the figure paintings?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 11:57:08 AM »
Looks like we lost the good part of this thread. The owner may have removed the images and there is nothing I can do to recover them (that I'm aware of).

anything