Author Topic: The Townsend Legacy (complete)  (Read 32655 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 2/9/15)
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »
Subterfuge was definitely the way for these boys to go when obtaining a life partner. Those poor, poor women. Too bad, I have some girls in my legacy perfectly suited to them.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 4/9/15)
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »
Maybe it’s just my screen but Salem’s hair doesn’t look bad with the rest of his colouring and those clothes he’s wearing.

You mean the manly lilac? ;) They do seem to go rather well.

Subterfuge was definitely the way for these boys to go when obtaining a life partner. Those poor, poor women. Too bad, I have some girls in my legacy perfectly suited to them.

I thought that when I was reading your story – shame they can’t meet, really.

With so many hands on deck, raising the twins was relatively straightforward...

...although I don’t think Salem liked Jackson’s contribution.

It got a bit hectic once Harry aged up, though. I’m really not a fan of the toddler stage, especially when there are three.

And Jackson’s started working on that Plumbot Army to make life even more difficult.

Fortunately the twins aged up to child before too long.

Salem is now shy. Maddy, in her quest to become even more obnoxious than her father, is now a technophobe.

Maybe Lincoln senses competition for the role of my Least Favourite in the House. Whatever the reason, he took his Mean-Spirited trait out for a spin. He hides that Good trait really well – his only positive relationship is with Harry, and that’s only because Harry’s too young to bully.

Still, he may be picking on the wrong child: this one’s even less nice than he is. At the moment she can only argue with him, but once she’s big enough I’m sure she’ll be delighted to beat him up properly.

He has found a use for being ‘Good’, though: it gives him new mean interactions.

While Madison gets some attention (even if it’s the bad kind), poor Salem gets ignored completely. Everybody seems to feel that he’s a big disappointment: when I thought somebody was finally being nice to him, it turns out that Monts was really reading him the recipe for Potent Personality Adjustor. I assume it’s a not-so-subtle hint: in this house, sims are not supposed to have nice traits.

To my relief, Harry’s taken a leaf out of Salem’s book and is also trying to bring shame on the family by being bearable. His new trait is lucky.

With a father, uncle and grandmother all queuing up to shout at them, and Maddy nearly as bad, I’ve got the kids busy skilling. Maddy is preparing to take over from Monts as the family portrait painter since she doesn’t like anything involving electricity. Couch potato Salem is learning to write, and Harry is lurking down in the dungeons trying his hand at inventing.

In the meantime, since the kids aren’t really using the toys, Lolita has stepped in to make sure the toys don’t feel unloved.

And then one of the few bearable Sims in the household left it :( Rest in peace, Pierre and Bunny Suit.

(I felt very bad for laughing at this while Pierre was busy dying, but Salem managed to cheer me up, albeit unintentionally.)

Now that there’s a free spot in the household, Jackson filled it with his new minion. This is Olympia – she’ll be taking Sacramento’s old spot as The Only Townsend That Doesn’t Drive Me Crazy.

See? Her first action was to autonomously be more useful than the rest of the household put together.

And I’m going to close on a mass birthday party, since both sets of twins aged up on the same day – Lincoln and Jackson to fully-fledged adults, and Madison and Salem to teens.

This birthday seems to be brought to you by the Pets expansion: Salem’s new trait is Animal Lover, and Madison’s is Cat Person. Given her Evil trait, Cat Person seems rather apt: I might have to get her a fluffy white kitten to stroke while she plots evil deeds.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
...and quickly sealed the deal before she could remember that that death only existed in Sims 2.

Lol  ;D

I love the name "Salem." It's one of the names I have on my list for my random town jump (the name theme is places).

RIP Pierre! I shall miss you and your bunny suit.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2015, 03:39:43 AM »
Everybody seems to feel that he’s a big disappointment: when I thought somebody was finally being nice to him, it turns out that Monts was really reading him the recipe for Potent Personality Adjustor. I assume it’s a not-so-subtle hint: in this house, sims are not supposed to have nice traits.

Poor Salem.  I think he's my favourite of the kids at this point.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2015, 04:01:15 AM »
Harry as a ghost toddler was very cute. RIP Pierre.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »
I agree about Harry, just adorable. And, wow, some kids with decent traits. What's this sim world coming to.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 5/9/15)
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2015, 04:28:55 PM »
I love the name "Salem." It's one of the names I have on my list for my random town jump (the name theme is places).

I must have watched too much Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but Salem makes me think of sarcastic talking cats :)

Poor Salem.  I think he's my favourite of the kids at this point.

I’m pleased somebody likes the poor kid – his family certainly don’t.

Harry as a ghost toddler was very cute. RIP Pierre.
I agree about Harry, just adorable.

Harry says thank you :)

And, wow, some kids with decent traits. What's this sim world coming to.

I know! Weird, isn’t it?

Monts found a very effective way to spoil the mass birthday :(

So when Lolita aged up the following day, nobody was really in the mood for more cake and she aged up naturally.

Aside from deaths and birthdays, the big news is that Jackson has become Emperor of Evil. Oh dear. He was very pleased and rushed home to tell his minion over a leisurely game of chess.

And with his LTW complete, they moved out into Providence’s old house. Being evil, Jackson won’t mind the lack of windows, although Olympia might.

Harry’s also had a birthday and joined his siblings at high school. He’s become a Computer Whiz.

Like his namesake, he’s very good at Quidditch.

He’s also continued with inventing, and is getting fairly good.

Incidentally, on my first attempt to get that screenshot the dungeon was still loading and Harry showed up opaque – this is what he looks like.

Meanwhile, Salem has taken up alchemy, although he isn’t very good at it and keeps creating noxious fumes instead of elixirs. He has maxed the alchemy career, though – not that that’s saying much.

Madison has selected Renaissance Sim as her LTW. Her favourite skill at the moment is befouling the castle with spray paint...

...although she’s also showing great talents at contortion.

Though it’s hard to tell, this is a picture of Lincoln becoming an astronaut and achieving his own LTW. He reset immediately after I took this, so I missed the 30K point screenshot.

While he's conned his boss into thinking he's an upstanding member of society, really he’s still a git and likes nothing better than insulting his offspring.

Speaking of his offspring, the twins’ young adult birthday rolled around. That weird yellow splodge in the middle is Harry attempting to stab Lolita using only his head.

Just as I thought Salem might make a nice heir, he rolled Hot Headed. I didn’t think much of any of his lifetime wish choices, but Fairy Tale Finder was the best of a bad bunch.

Madison, however, rolled Genius, to go with Evil, Technophobe, Cat Person and Light Sleeper. I think I rather like her :) She’s joined the Medical career, partly because she’s been working on her logic skill anyway, and partly because Lolita’s got a massive wish to see her reach level 5. I pity her poor patients.

She found herself a fluffy white kitten listed for adoption, and so Albany has joined the household.

She’s working hard on painting and street art. Her third skill will be either gardening or logic, depending on which she maxes first.

Salem continues to suck at alchemy.

However, he has managed to befriend a unicorn, although hasn’t persuaded her to join the household yet.

Lolita has become a Star News Anchor. She seemed rather pleased.

And Harry had his young adult birthday...

...and he’s got another good trait! :) He’s added Angler to Loves the Heat, Eccentric, Lucky and Computer Whiz. His LTW is the Perfect Private Aquarium one.

I’m not too sure who to select as heir now – although I don’t think it’ll be Salem. Any thoughts?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2015, 05:17:33 PM »
I like Harry, though he seems a bit normal except for the whole ghost thing. The old head stab is a classic.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2015, 08:51:13 PM »
Team Harry *waves flag*

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2015, 05:06:55 AM »
I forgot to ask after the last update:  did you pick that yellow body for Olympia because it’s Jackson’s favourite colour (I assume) or was it just coincidence?  As you can probably tell, I know almost nothing about bot-building  :-\.

OK, I’ve gone off Salem.  You’ve had enough of Sims in that family picking fights for no reason.  I just went back and checked his other traits.  They’re a really odd combination, aren’t they?

Madison would make a great Empress of Evil.  It’s a pity Jackson got there first.

Harry looks as though he’s got a split personality somehow: angler/loves the heat vs. eccentric/lucky/computer whiz.  Maybe he could stand outside, fishing with one hand and upgrading computers with the other  ;).  He’d make a good heir, apart from the whole ‘Ew! A ghost!” thing but on the whole I think I prefer Madison :o.  She just seems more interesting.

By the way, I love the name Albany for a white cat.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2015, 06:03:05 AM »
Team Maddi all the way! She is gorgeous and smart and just plain WOW!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2015, 09:21:58 AM »
I like Harry, though he seems a bit normal except for the whole ghost thing. The old head stab is a classic.
Team Harry *waves flag*

He’d make a good heir, apart from the whole ‘Ew! A ghost!” thing but on the whole I think I prefer Madison :o.  She just seems more interesting.

Team Maddi all the way! She is gorgeous and smart and just plain WOW!

Well that narrows it down! ;D I think I’ll find the spouse first and choose the heir that way.

I forgot to ask after the last update:  did you pick that yellow body for Olympia because it’s Jackson’s favourite colour (I assume) or was it just coincidence?  As you can probably tell, I know almost nothing about bot-building  :-\.

Yes, Olympia’s yellow because it’s Jackson’s favourite – and also because yellow is a good colour for minions :) Couldn’t have his most loyal follower clashing with his clothes, could he?

Madison would make a great Empress of Evil.  It’s a pity Jackson got there first.

I think Maddy’s too bright to want to be Empress of Evil: she saw Jackson get glitched and arrested many times. Much better to pretend to be a respectable doctor and plot evil deeds at home.

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 6/9/15)
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2015, 07:11:34 PM »
It’s birthday time at Chez Townsend. Isn’t it always? Today we have Lincoln and Lolita’s elder birthdays...

...and Albany has left kittenhood behind and gained the ability to climb up and down stairs.

In other news, Salem has convinced his unicorn pal to join the household. This is Concord.

She’s remarkably interested in karaoke for an equine.

Salem took a few hours to show off his new steed...

...and then they headed off into the sunset, along with a cat and dog who had been temporarily adopted in order to allow him to adopt the unicorn. Not sure that house is unicorn-friendly, but hopefully they’ll get by.

It must be the season for LTW completions. First Lolita mastered guitar and achieved Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers.

Then Harry scooped out his best fish into bowls and presented the Perfect Private Aquarium. (That cut-off screenshot is what happens when you forget you’re going to have to name the thirteenth fish and can’t close the pop-up fast enough.)

Madison hasn’t finished Renaissance Sim yet, but she hasn’t been idle. This is Springfield. He’s got a Green Thumb and Loves the Outdoors.

Like any responsible parent, Maddy felt she should head off for a term and leave her son behind. Keen to escape the crying, Harry decided to tag along.

Immediately upon arrival, Madison was horrified to see an icky ghost. Of course  ::).

Harry, who’s still building up his inventing skill, is doing a Technology degree so that he can get credits for doing what he would have done anyway.

Maddy’s taking the same approach with street art and Fine Arts.

However, they’re both taking minimal credit-loads since the real reason they’re there is to hunt for spouses. Miss Renaissance Sim may well come back at some point to finish her degree off; Harry probably won’t, since travelling with ghosts worries me.

Harry found himself a romantic interest very quickly in the form of Liz Tarry. They took the traditional approach: charming introduction, ask if single, flirt, confess attraction, propose go steady. I’m sure he’d have gone on to propose in a bathroom if only you could do that at university.

For Maddy, I’d had my eye on Leonard Shelly, who I’ve been planning to marry in to the family for yonks. However, he seems to have vanished from the file, so instead she went to visit Cid Serverus because he has pretty hair. They took a much less traditional route than Harry and Liz...

...but got there in the end.

Despite spending most of their time flirting, both Townsends passed with flying colours, and it was soon time to go home again. Madison took one last opportunity to streak – which was probably ill-advised, given the paparazzi lurking just outside.

Then they headed back home to return to being responsible adults. Madison appeared to be pleased to be reunited with her son.

And then I noticed that Lolita had gone opaque and stopped aging :( :-\

On further inspection, it appeared that her tombstone had vanished, apparently because the game had forgotten her cause of death. I think I’ve fixed it with Master Controller – she seems to be ghostly again, her gravestone’s back in inventory and she’s aging normally – but I briefly thought I was going to have to go back a load of saves to fix her, or possibly kick her out and remove the problem. After that scare I’m not going to risk a ghost heir, so Madison and Cid are going to carry on the line. Just need to let Cid know....

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2015, 08:04:20 PM »
Completely understandable. You we're brave just to travel with a ghost.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2015, 04:50:54 AM »
Oo that sounds like you had a close escape! Glad you got it sorted without having to roll back saves. Loved the trip to University, always makes me want to dive back into TS3.  :) That and the cute pets!

anything