Author Topic: The Does of Dragon Valley  (Read 43446 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Does of Dragon Valley
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »
With mine it says 20/20, but I've waited more than a day and it won't register until it says 21/20. This has gone on in lots of different games through multiple factory resets. Go figure.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2015, 04:31:44 PM »
Each Leona is better than the last! Welcome Armon to the world of floorboos and dragon babysitting. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2015, 11:15:58 AM »
@Alex , Fluffs is very pretty, like all IFs. The family will probably lose some of it's character though.
@Playalot , This will be our last Leona clone. Each clone seems to have better traits than the last. Let's see there's Leona, Cleo, Chloe, Coco, and now Cole.

Cole soon became a toddler, and surprise, looked just like Leona.

She received every bit as much love as a natural born child.
Stop, Cliff, you’ll give her nightmares.

Fluffs was once again feeling the aftermath of togetherness.

Armon had his birthday and got his father’s hair, and from I don’t remember where, green eyes.

The adults shared the responsibility of toddler training. Lucky Marla drew the potty straw. The question is will she live to train the grandchild on the way? She’ll be 88 when she/he’s born, and many Does have died at 90.

To make the most of her time remaining, Marla decided to retire – in the middle of the night – at the park.

Fluffs went into labor while chatting online.

And where were her supportive husband and mother-in-law?

Fluffs managed quite well on her own, a woman after my own heart.

A moment of peace, all the floorboos are asleep at the same time.

This is Olaf Doe a Heavy Sleeper who Loves the Outdoors. Still no Fluffs hair, but look at that little face!

Marla is still going strong at 92, but everytime she leaves the lot, I hold my breath.

Fluffs taught Olaf, like the other boos, to walk.

Cole and Olaf were given special dolls. Armon was not. Olaf made the mistake of leaving his, disturbingly named Fluffs, on the kitchen floor. Armon was on it as fast as his little legs could toddle.

Eventually he needed to use the potty, and just as fast Olaf had reclaimed his precious. It’s the first time I’ve felt bad that a child didn’t receive a doll.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2015, 04:38:28 PM »
Eventually he needed to use the potty, and just as fast Olaf had reclaimed his precious. It’s the first time I’ve felt bad that a child didn’t receive a doll.

Couldn't you retrieve one of the horrifying ones from the graveyard for him?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »
The cuteness overload... omg! And lol@Alex's question!!!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »
@Alex , I hadn't thought of that. It might have been a cool experiment. I felt bad, but probably not that bad.
@Playalot , Toddlers are so adorable! And Alex!

It was finally time for those toddlers to start aging up. First up was Cole. She added Rebellious to Hopeless Romantic and Friendly. Unlike Coco, she has not wished for a first kiss.

She did wish to learn logic, however. She has discovered four potions without blowing herself up. In this family, that does make you rebellious.

Two days later, it was Armon’s turn. He is now Brave, Eccentric, and Neat, and not an imaginary friend.

He is a bit obsessive about the cleaning.

On close inspection, he discovered, much to his disappointment, that the sink was already clean.

Armon took time out from his busy cleaning schedule to become best friends with his little brother, but only because I told him to.
Armon: But I wanted to take a bath!
It would be your third today. Just can it.

Cliff and Fluffs may be the most affectionate sim couple ever. They love their alone time.

Finally Olaf had his birthday. He’s four day younger than Armon. Yes! I can put the potty away!
Olaf’s traits are now Heavy Sleeper, Loves the Outdoors, and Snob. He is an imaginary friend.

I have a quick question for all you smart people out there. My two Ifs, Fluffs and Olaf, get the disgusted moodlet in the living room/kitchen area. No one else does, and it’s only been a couple of days for Fluffs. They can be standing right next to another sim who doesn’t get the moodlet, even obsessively neat Armon. I have the same incense burners in all the other rooms, so that’s not it.
Any ideas? It’s not that big of a deal, but it’s bugging me.
I’ll clean caches, etc, before going back into the game and see if that helps.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: September 25, 2015, 04:36:04 PM »
I had that happen and it turned out to be a knocked over flamingo... *shrugs* Gorgeous kids by the way. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #202 on: September 25, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »
The odd thing is that it's just the two of them. No one else even notices. Even when Cliff leaps into Fluffs' arms, she has the moodlet and he doesn't. As well as being IFs, Fluffs and Olaf are the only two with the snob trait. Maybe the furniture just doesn't meet their standards. It's only a -15 moodlet and there's plenty going on in the room to make up for it.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2015, 02:59:28 AM »
It might be the snob trait.  They seem to get upset very easily.  Have you checked things like the counter under the microwave?  My Sims had one that was filthy but it didn't show at all until the microwave was moved.  On the other hand, you'd think that Armon would be more bothered by that.  Odd.

*what do you mean, Word, floorbooing isn’t a word?*

Word can be so narrow-minded sometimes  ;).  I have to ask:  do your babies and toddlers really sleep on those carpets or do you move them there from cots for the photos?  I love the running floorboo gag anyway  :).

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2015, 07:25:54 AM »
@hazelnut  and @Playalot , I've had odd things trigger the moodlet in the past as well...a newspaper outside under a bush being noticed inside the kitchen, a scorched light on a fence post. I can't find anything this time, and Armon is a teen now so I have him clean the entire house and he doesn't find anything and there's no foot stomping about something unreachable. Oh well, with gen 10's birth, I'll be done anyway.
And, Hazelnut, they really do sleep on the floor. I got tired of the adults putting them in cribs when they weren't ready.
 Adult: I'm tired, into the crib with you.
Toddler: But I need the potty!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2015, 08:27:54 AM »
The next day was Cole’s teen birthday. Her traits are Hopeless Romantic, Friendly, Rebellious, and Kleptomaniac. They don’t seem to point in any particular direction yet.

Cliff and Fluffs also had their adult birthdays that night. Neither had a midlife crisis. I had been holding off on buying another car. Time to go shopping.
Snob Fluffs: Another Margaret V, please. Make it purple.

Marla was off to yet another party that night. She was 99 at that point and the oldest legacy sim. Every sim that had lived in the Doe house, excepting Olga, that was still alive was at that party….John, Lee, Coco, Walt, and Hesper are pictured here.

I’ve let the little kids mostly run wild after homework is completed. On Saturday both boys wanted to go to the park. Armon came right back home. The dirty shower was apparently calling to him.

Olaf returned home much later.
Olaf: Light fixture, illuminate my majesty!

He then went fishing. He’s at level 4. It’s his only skill.

Armon has no skills at all, but he sure has fun with his brother.
Armon: If cleaning was a skill, I’d be at least at level 7.
True.

You need to stop checking under the beds for dust bunnies, though. They seem to be real monsters.

Sunday was Armon’s birthday. His traits are now Brave, Eccentric, Neat, and Brooding. Time to stare out the window and contemplate the futility of cleaning.

Prom was the day before Olaf’s teen birthday so he missed it. Armon and Cole went together, but not together together. There were fights, denied dances, and three-eyed llamas. They were voted king and queen. Shortly before the dance ended, Cole started bringing Armon punch. He was impressed, and they came home romantic interests.

The next day after school, the family celebrated Olaf’s teen birthday. I don’t know why they were worried. Not only did Marla live to complete the potty training, at 105 she was still around to see the youngest become a teen.

Here’s Olaf. He picked out his own hair style. I can tell at a glance who I’m looking at. His traits are Heavy Sleeper, Loves the Outdoors, Snob, and Natural Cook. I think that’s the first time natural cook’s been rolled.

An heir decision will be needed soon. Who will bring in the final generation? Will it be with Cole?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2015, 10:44:14 AM »
Hesper would have passed on her cool IF hair (sigh).  As I was getting caught back up on this, I was team Hesper.  True, she wasn't actually an heir choice, but I couldn't decide between the boys and I really liked the blue hair and the idea that a blue haired son would be referred to as "Little Boy Blue."

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2015, 11:01:30 AM »
I vote Cole!!! Her and Armun will make beautiful floorboos together for Gen 10...
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »
At this point I'm thinking Armon. It can't be Cole because she's not bloodline, but I must confess way back when I started the cloning business, I intended to use the last clone as the mother of generation10. Cole and Armon are RIs and closest in age, so probably Armon.

About the dirty surroundings moodlet. I moved everything from the kitchen out into the yard, and the moodlet disappeared. One item at a time I moved everything back. I thought I could narrow down the problem that way, but the moodlet never returned. I guess it was time to air everything out.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
I'm definitely team Cole (no shocker, I'm sure).  If Armon's got her vote, he's got mine as well ;=)

anything