Author Topic: The Sims Medieval black screen crash, must hard reboot  (Read 3249 times)

Offline jrowe13

• Nooboo
The Sims Medieval black screen crash, must hard reboot
« on: August 29, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »
Hello,

I have been having this issue with my Sims 3 and figured it could be chalked up to not having a good enough graphics card, however, my card IS supported by the Sims Medieval, yet the problem persists.  I can load the game fine, and get into Create-A-Sim, for maybe 5 minutes or so.  Then my screen goes black.  However, the audio continues to play. I can't ctrl-alt-delete my way out of it; the only way is to hard-reboot my system.

As far as I can tell I exceed the system requirements, I tried to uninstall and reinstall the games, and I have take the side off my computer case to see if increased airflow might help.  So far, nada. 

Here is my dxDiag:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am playing on a PC running Windows 7 64 bit.

Thank you in advance for any help that might be available! I will be super peeved if I have wasted soooo much money on this game franchise and am unable to play them again.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims Medieval black screen crash, must hard reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 05:04:33 PM »
Hi Jrowe13,

It sounds like your video card is being over stressed by the games. Your best bet for right now is to lower the in-game resolution to 1024x768 and lower the in-game graphics to minimum.

But you'll want to look into buying a newer video card and power supply to run the video card.

EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti = Price: $129.99
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-750Ti-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B00IDG3IDO

EVGA 500W Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR = Price: $42.63
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-80PLUS-Certified-ATX12V-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jrowe13

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims Medieval black screen crash, must hard reboot
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
Wow I've never actually gotten such a clear, succinct and complete response from a help forum before! Thank you very much.  I will absolutely check out those links.