Author Topic: Teenagers and fishing self-employment  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Junan

• Townie
Teenagers and fishing self-employment
« on: September 01, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »
I currently have a teenager, named Jamie, who's an avid fisher (lv10 fishing) and is in the related self-employment. Two questions stem from this:

1) What are the appropriate times for him to fish in between homework? Is home-schooling him (by a parent's Tutor interaction) beneficial and will it not incur scolding?

2) How is he supposed to reach the Deathfish  ???? Last I checked, they only appear after midnight and his curfew is an hour before that; that fish is supposedly the best thing to earn his money.

Apologies if this has been asked before; I'm relatively new here.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
Re: Teenagers and fishing self-employment
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 03:31:00 AM »
some traits helps against curfew (rebellious).
Another way is to have another adult sim fish the deathfish and put them in a pond on your lot.

Besides that there are mods to manage curfew if it s too annoying

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
some traits helps against curfew (rebellious).
Another way is to have another adult sim fish the deathfish and put them in a pond on your lot.

I personally forgot about that trait since I've never had a need to use it.

Other than that, there are a few complications I didn't mention; the teen is the only one in the entire household (of five) with level 10 fishing which he attained at childhood (the second highest is a brother of his at level 5) and I believe others fishing for him will not account for progress towards the self-employment career.

On the other hand, I did figure it out eventually. Taking the teen in a two-seater car via the "Visit Community Lot with..." function seemed to work when used by an adult parent (do not use Windcarvers for this as it triggers curfew breaking). Since the parent has no interest in fishing, I had him use a portable computer to play a game on while his teen son fished. Job done :)

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:27:00 AM »
Nice you found a proper solution.

I figured out it could be possible to come along with an adult but didn't remember exactly how so.
well done anyway.