Author Topic: Carr Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 69247 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Carr Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #300 on: March 07, 2021, 07:47:33 AM »
The Evolution of Carrs

(A postscript for anyone who's interested in the family genetics – that's probably just me then :P.)

Minnie:
1127.Minnie.jpg

I don't think I'd ever noticed her in profile before taking this CAS screenshot.  That's a weirdly tiny nose I gave her.

Jaycen:
1128.Jaycen.jpg

Jaycen's only contribution to the Carr gene pool was his eye colour.  Austin's original hair colour (before I modified it slightly) was the lighter random greenish-brown. Otherwise, both sons were sex-swapped clones of Minnie.

Austin:
1129.Austin.jpg

Morris:
1130.Morris.jpg

Mercedes:
1131.Mercedes.jpg

VW inherited Jaycen's eye colour and Minnie's eye and brow shape but the rest of her features came from her mother.  I was disappointed that Mercedes didn't pass on her colouring, particularly that blue-black hair.  Instead, VW, like her dad, got random greenish hair (the darker shade this time) and had it adjusted early in life.

VW:
1132.VW.jpg

Riley:
1133.Riley.jpg

Portia was the third generation in a row to be born with an unexpected hair colour, although not one I recognise from other games.  It certainly didn't come from the Carrs or the Gilberts.  Otherwise, she's mostly a copy of VW, although Riley did pass on his mouth shape (which looks very different on a female face), skin tone and eye colour.

Portia:
1134.Portia.jpg

Nio (without his shades for once):
1135.Nio.jpg

Morgan inherited his hair and eye colours from Grandma VW, his eye and brow shape from Nio and everything else from Portia.

Morgan:
1136.Morgan.jpg

Opal:
1137.Opal.jpg

Opal passed on her red hair to her son (yay!) and also her face shape.  Ford's eye, nose and mouth shapes all came from Morgan, with Nio's eye colour putting in another appearance.

Ford:
1138.Ford.jpg

Kia:
1139.Kia.jpg

Apart from her random deep-black hair (what is it with this family and random hair colours?) Lotus was a female clone of Ford.

Lotus:
1140.Lotus.jpg

Ajeet:
1141.Ajeet.jpg

Rolls Royce inherited his mother's hair colour, Ford's skin tone and Kia's eye colour (I was glad her genes didn't disappear entirely) but all of his features came from Ajeet, making him pleasingly different from the rest of the Carrs.

Rolls Royce:
1142.RR.jpg

I'm almost tempted to carry on and see what would happen with further generations, but that way lies madness (and a completely broken game file – it's very slow and buggy as it is).  So this is

THE END.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
Re: Carr Immortal Dynasty (COMPLETED)
« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2021, 08:20:13 AM »
Aw... it’s over.  :(

I’ll miss the Carrs, but hey, they all got happy endings and that’s more than most of my sims.

(Cough) (the sim who I tried to complete Builder of the Ark or whatever that LTW is called with)

Thanks for the good read!

Edit: also, I loved seeing all of the genetics at the end.
they/he pronouns please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2021, 01:50:03 AM »
That was wonderful! Thank you for that delightful family and the genetic breakdown was fun! I love getting to see what went into the immortals. Mercedes really was a stunner. A shame you missed out on that hair. Congratulations at the finish!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #303 on: March 09, 2021, 01:51:38 PM »
Thanks to both of you for reading and commenting.  It's very much appreciated  ;D <3.

@Auranaris: the Ark Builder wish is a pain.  I believe it was doable when Pets was first released but it's been bugged for as long as I've been trying to complete it  >:(.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2021, 06:04:27 AM »
Just finished reading hazelnut after finding this story a short time ago!

What a wonderful read and lovely, satisfying ending. :)

I especially liked that Robin got to find her happily-ever-after after all!

I can't wait to check out your other stories!

You'd be amazing at a Town Jump story with mods and almost anything goes!
Though it might be too easy for one of your caliber. :)

anything