Author Topic: The Branch Immortal Dynasty (Complete)  (Read 26593 times)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
Re: The Branch Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2022, 11:45:44 AM »
Epilogue ~ Part 2
by Bluebird Branch

Screenshot-198.jpg

Next up was Sandpiper. She looked on as Meadowlark resurrected her husband Wesley. Something was different about this particular zombie, though.

Screenshot-199.jpg

Ah, of course. He was wearing swim trunks!

epi comb 05.jpg

I cast the charm to return the poor man to his normal form. Sandpiper didn’t want to wait for him to put on real clothes, though - she stole a kiss while he was still shirtless. Understandable.

Screenshot-224.jpg

Fully clothed and back to normal, Wesley took Sandpiper in his arms. “Hey, babe,” he said.
“Hey,” she said back. “Are you ready for a new adventure in a new town where no one’s ever been?”
“Totally,” he said. “As long as I can write there.”
“I think you’ll find this place very inspiring. As will I. It’s like a playground for people who are into vintage clothes and wacky inventions!”

Screenshot-227.jpg

Well, that was easy. Sandpiper and Wesley headed off toward their destination, too excited about it to tell us where it was.

epi comb 07.jpg

Gran Sparrow was next. She waited eagerly while we took care of Robin.

Screenshot-296.jpg

“Oh, it’s so good to see you so YOUNG!” said Gran Sparrow. “You were always handsome, even as an old man, but…”
“You’re not so bad yourself, Sparrow.”
“Gosh, I know. But I mean, look at YOU! We should go somewhere where the whole world will know our names. I want to see our faces on billboards, our names in lights!”
“That sounds…slightly terrifying, but I’m down if you are.”

Screenshot-303.jpg

I was getting a little weary of the lovesick utterances. But I held it together.

Screenshot-307.jpg

Sparrow and Robin were headed to the big city. Sparrow, always prepared for her next photo op, led the way as they ran for the highway.

epi comb 06.jpg

Next, it was my mother’s turn. My dad had only been dead for a short while, but we were both still really excited to see him again. And in that shirt! Well, Mom was more excited about that than me.

Screenshot-251.jpg

“Jess, you’ve always been by my side through all my escapades - street art, protests, politics. But even though we are both accomplished rebels, I feel like we’ve missed out on some of the key aspects of living a rebellious life.”
“I might have an idea of where you’re going with this.”
“Do you want to go to university with me? Now that we finally have the time?”
“You mean go off and party for four straight years? Um, yeah!”

Screenshot-262.jpg

“Sorry you won’t be coming with us, sweetheart," my dad said as he hugged me.
“Don’t worry about me, Dad. I have my own story to write.”
“Spoken like a true book nerd.”
“Jess!” said Mom.
“Lay off, I’m a college student! My brain’s not fully developed anymore!”

Screenshot-266.jpg

I bade my parents farewell, and off they went. Honestly, it was kind of a relief. I sort of didn’t want to look at that shirt anymore.

With so many Branches gone on new adventures, only a few of us remained. Great-Great Grandmother Meadowlark had done all the resurrections so far, being the more experienced witch. I offered to take over if she wanted a break, but she insisted on doing the next ones herself.

epi comb 08.jpg

I didn’t blame her at all. She’d been waiting a long time for the return of Arthur.

epi comb 09.jpg

While Arthur was having his reverse birthday, the full moon rose over Hidden Springs and caused a temporary invasion of REAL zombies. One of them sprouted right next to Arthur, and she seemed very interested in his Young Again potion. Or maybe just his kilt. That zombie was quietly reset and sent away - to be replaced by another lady I’d never seen before. Shanta Norris!

Meadowlark had lived a long and happy life with Arthur by her side, but she had had to give up her other love, Shanta. Now that Shanta was back, part of the household, and cured of her jealousy, they had an opportunity to make a new start - all three of them.

Screenshot-341.jpg

“Oh, Shanta, I’ve waited so long for this day!” said Meadowlark. “Welcome back. And welcome to the family, for real this time.”

Screenshot-344.jpg

Shanta hugged Arthur too. Then they started figuring out where they wanted to go.

Screenshot-347.jpg

“Honestly,” said Meadowlark, “I just want to go somewhere peaceful, where the three of us can be together. And…maybe raise a family?” She looked sheepishly at Shanta and Arthur, both of whom nodded in agreement.
“I’d be happy pretty much anywhere,” said Arthur, “But I am kind of a social guy.”
“That’s an understatement,” Shanta muttered.
“So, I’d like to go somewhere with people. Active people, you know, no ghost towns. And some kids I can teach!”
“I don’t have a particularly exciting or distinctive personality,” said Shanta, “But I’m sure I can fit neatly into this little narrative regardless.”
“What about Riverview?” suggested Arthur. “I’ve heard there are lots of families and--”
“You want to take me to a town called RIVERVIEW?!” Meadowlark shrieked.
“Oh, of course not!” Arthur said quickly. “Sorry, babe, I forgot that you don’t like water. How about…um…Sunset Valley? Valleys don’t usually have water in them.”
Meadowlark seemed relieved. “That sounds good,” she said.

epi comb 10.jpg

Then she turned to the stray dog that had been hanging around the lot. The dog had been sniffing at her throughout this conversation. Meadowlark bent to touch its nose. “And maybe…maybe this sweet thing could come with us?” The dog responded enthusiastically. Meadowlark laughed. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

Before they left, Meadowlark came up to me.

Screenshot-361.jpg

“Well, Bluebird,” she said, “It’s all up to you now. Do you think you can take over for me and finish resurrecting everyone?”
“Of course, Great-Great Grandmother.”
“Thank you, darling. You have become an incredible witch, you know.”
“I learned it all from you.”

Screenshot-369.jpg

Meadowlark led the way, her new little family following behind.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2022, 11:54:17 AM »
Epilogue ~ Part 3
by Bluebird Branch

Screenshot-373.jpg

The only Branches left now were me and Granny Starling. There was one gravestone left, waiting alone on the edge of the lot. Granny Starling approached it, and I raised my wand, prepared to cast my very first Reanimation Ritual.

Screenshot-375.jpg

I understood Great-Great Grandmother Meadowlark’s reaction now. It did make me feel wicked and powerful. Muahahahaha!

Screenshot-377.jpg

Starling seemed a little distracted as her husband, my great-great-great-great grandfather, rose from the earth as a zombie.

Screenshot-381.jpg

“Oh. It’s you.” She sighed. “Still sexy as heck, I see.”

epi comb 11.jpg

She pretty much just made weird faces the whole time as I cast a Sunlight Charm. It wasn’t until Kyle looked like his old (younger) self again that Starling finally looked at her husband with a relatively normal facial expression.

Screenshot-403.jpg

“Hey there, mean man. See any rubber ducks as you made your way back through the space-time continuum?”
“Nah. I was just looking for you.”
“Aww, you sap.”

Screenshot-410.jpg

I let them have a moment to reunite, and then I came back to say hello. Kyle said, “And you must be my great-great-great-great-great granddaughter! Thank you for returning me to life, young lady.”

Screenshot-415.jpg

Now it was just the four of us. Granny Starling and I both had our greatest loves at our sides (though mine had really never left). And suddenly, it was our turn. Our turn to leave.

Screenshot-417.jpg

“So, Blue!” said Granny Starling. “Whatchya thinkin’? Have you bent the rules of time to your satisfaction?”
“Not quite, Granny Starling. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time, and…I want to stay here, in Hidden Springs. But I want to go back to the beginning. I want a fresh start, to experience the past as my own present.”
“You’re being very philosophical for so early in the morning, child. Then again, you want to go back in time? That sounds great to me!”

Kyle agreed, and so did Christy. It would be a chance for us all to write a new story. It just felt right.

Screenshot-421.jpg

So we took one last look at the Nest, with all its history and clutter and memories and dust. Then we took one last look at the expanse of shimmery water that had been the backdrop of our lives for so many hundreds of years.

epi comb 12.jpg

Then we fired up the time machines that Grandma Sandpiper had prepared for us. She'd been right - all it took was a little imagination. And off we went. Into the purple smoke. Into the past. Into our new future.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2022, 07:46:37 PM »
Beks! First of all, I loved the Nest and Birds round-up. Such a nice way to cap things off, and so interesting to see what can be accomplished with long gameplay and hard work ($47,189 is insane!). If it's okay with you, I would love to borrow the idea for when (far, far off in the future) I finish my own dynasty.

Secondly, a time machine? So what I'm hearing is... new dynasty?! With Bluebird as the founder?! Starting in Hidden Springs?! ;D I'm kidding, but I do hope you decide to write another story. I know I arrived a little late in the game, but it's been a joy reading about the Branch family. You are a great storyteller, and I'm going to miss their silliness and craziness!

Lastly, do you plan on sharing the Branches anywhere? I would love to see Goldfinch in the Swap Shop, if you're comfortable with uploading her. She was always my favorite!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2022, 08:36:04 PM »
Beks! First of all, I loved the Nest and Birds round-up. Such a nice way to cap things off, and so interesting to see what can be accomplished with long gameplay and hard work ($47,189 is insane!). If it's okay with you, I would love to borrow the idea for when (far, far off in the future) I finish my own dynasty.

Secondly, a time machine? So what I'm hearing is... new dynasty?! With Bluebird as the founder?! Starting in Hidden Springs?! ;D I'm kidding, but I do hope you decide to write another story. I know I arrived a little late in the game, but it's been a joy reading about the Branch family. You are a great storyteller, and I'm going to miss their silliness and craziness!

Lastly, do you plan on sharing the Branches anywhere? I would love to see Goldfinch in the Swap Shop, if you're comfortable with uploading her. She was always my favorite!

Thank you so much, peach! You are so kind. This comment made my heart swell. :) You can absolutely borrow the ending idea for your dynasty - I was inspired by many other dynasties that came before (@hazelnut in particular always includes fascinating stats and such in her stories). I always like reading what other players' experiences are like, so I thought I'd do the same.

There is one more little bit of epilogue coming soon that will wrap up the story more completely, but I will go ahead and say that I'm not planning to use Bluebird as the founder for my next dynasty. There is, however, a next dynasty happening, with a new family. :D That may or may not be the reason it's taking me so long to finish posting this story, oops

I can certainly try and add the Branches to the Swap Shop! I think I have a version of each immortal saved, though it might be a mix of "original versions" (right when they became YA during the dynasty) and "final versions" (aged down to YA at the end of the dynasty). I'll take a look in my game soon and see what I have.

Thank you again for reading and commenting. I'm so glad you've found some joy in this silly little story. :) I'll miss the craziness, too.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2022, 11:51:08 PM »
I'm happy that the Branches are all getting their happy endings, but a part of me doesn't want the story to end.  :'( I hope the Branches all keep in contact even if some of them are heading into the past. I'm curious as to what Kyle would think of Starling's antics over the centuries... if anything, they sure were entertaining.

I'm glad to hear you are starting a new story. I'll be reading!  :)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2022, 12:50:03 PM »
I'm happy that the Branches are all getting their happy endings, but a part of me doesn't want the story to end.  :'( I hope the Branches all keep in contact even if some of them are heading into the past. I'm curious as to what Kyle would think of Starling's antics over the centuries... if anything, they sure were entertaining.

I'm glad to hear you are starting a new story. I'll be reading!  :)

Thank you so much, mpart, and I'm so sorry I missed your comment until now! I've been really reluctant for the story to end, too. I hope you'll find the last update (which is coming right up) at least somewhat gratifying. :)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2022, 01:20:03 PM »
Pigeon Post

Screenshot-616.jpg

It was a quiet morning in Hidden Springs. Starling sat on the sofa at the top of the stairs, immersed in a book. Bluebird clacked away at the computer, working on a novel based on one of the families she’d met downtown. Christy tended the plants she’d cultivated in pots along the edge of the stairwell. And Kyle peered through the telescope on the balcony, watching for any stray meteors that might happen to tumble out of the sky on a clear and ordinary Tuesday.

Screenshot-627.jpg

It had been a while since Starling had heard from anyone. She knew that they were all off having grand adventures, or at least new ones, even if they were on the quiet side like her own. Even after living with the same family members for centuries, Starling missed them now that they were scattered far across the map.

Screenshot-728.jpg

After gazing out at the lake for a while, Starling ventured downstairs to check the mailbox. Maybe someone had settled in enough to send an update.

Someone had! Actually, several someones.

Screenshot-739.jpg

There was a whole stack of letters and postcards waiting inside the mailbox. “Huh!” Starling muttered. “They all remembered that I exist in one spontaneous swoop, apparently.”

She went back upstairs to read them.

A Letter From Champs Les Sims

Dear Mother and Father,

I am writing to you from atop the highest tower in our new French castle. Can you believe it? In actuality, I should not call it a "new" castle. It is in fact many hundreds of years old, far older than you or I (and that, I realize, is saying something). Still, its condition is quite pristine, the architecture is a marvel, and the gardens and fountains are enough to make one’s heart beat a little faster. To say that we have made a comfortable home here would be quite an understatement.

Screenshot-524.jpg

I spend most of my time painting up here on this turret. I have enclosed a picture that Phil took of me whilst I was trying to imitate the landscape that stretches out around us. Even after centuries of practice, I still find painting to be difficult at times. In this case, it is difficult to capture the serene warmth and beauty of the French countryside, which seems to extend beyond the realm of vision and sight into something more ethereal. The best I can do is try and mimic the colors, shapes, and details, and hope that the feeling of utter peace follows.

Screenshot-539.jpg

Phil has been hard at work in the local restaurants, learning how to cook French cuisine from the masters of Champs Les Sims. He is already something of a local celebrity - everyone knows the chef from Hidden Springs who hops from restaurant to restaurant, lending a hand and learning as he goes. He talks of opening his own restaurant here one day - a new and improved Phil’s Place.

Screenshot-559.jpg

As for Heron…this is not the photograph I wished to include, but Heron insisted on it. She has been raiding tombs nonstop since we moved here and I have never seen her happier. (This is despite appearances in this photograph, of course - she explained that in this moment she was trying to intimidate a mummy. I was afraid to ask whether it was the mummy who took the picture.) Sometimes Heron will be gone for many days and nights in a row, and while I often fear for her, I have learned to trust that she can take care of herself. She has always been a thousand times braver than me.

Beyond painting, cooking, and tomb raiding, there really is not much to tell about our activities here in Champs Les Sims - and that is exactly how I like it. We do hope you will visit soon - you can have your pick among our several dozen bedrooms. I am sure that we can acquire a French rubber ducky to keep you company, as well. (Heron asked me to assure you of that.)

Cordially,
Goldfinch

A Postcard From Twinbrook

Screenshot-480.jpg

Dear Starling, Kyle, Bluebird, and Christy,

Apologies for the delayed note - Conrad and I have been incredibly busy! Twinbrook has welcomed us with open arms, and we have been hard at work making the town a better place to live - or trying to, anyway. We found a charming little house on the edge of the swamp to call home. It is such a relief to have a small house to manage, and not to worry about all the waste accumulated by living in a massive mansion like the Nest! In any case, we are not home very often. I work long hours at the hospital, and Conrad has risen quickly through the ranks of the military. We’ve been busy but loving every minute of it.

But you’re probably wondering who the new face is in the picture on the back of this postcard! On our very first day in Twinbrook, right after we moved into our cottage, a little girl stopped by to drop off the daily paper. I introduced myself and asked for her name. And what do you know? Her name was Dee! Dee Liver, to be exact. I learned through conversing with her that she was an orphan, living “sort of nowhere”, as she put it, and delivering papers to keep herself fed. I was overcome with a desire to help this child in any way I could. So, I spoke to Conrad, and we decided to offer Dee a place in our home if she wanted it. And the rest is history! We’ve adopted Dee and she is part of the family. She’s a bit of a handful at times - she has some questionable ideas about morals, such that I strongly suspect she has the Evil trait - but I am confident that Conrad and I will raise her well. It feels wonderful to have our own little family here, and lots of good work to do.

We miss you all! Write soon.

Love, Chickadee

A Postcard From Sunset Valley

Screenshot-461.jpg

Dear Starling and Bluebird,

Did you know that Sunset Valley is NOT a water-free town? I certainly didn't! It actually consists of a very long coastline, such that you can see the ocean from almost anywhere in town. I suppose it is better than Riverview would have been, though. I shudder just writing that name down. Thank goodness we have a house that is safely inland, and most of the town happenings take place well away from the beach.

Anyway, enough about my hydrophobia. Arthur and Shanta and I are having a wonderful time in Sunset Valley. It’s a bustling place, full of families leading busy and happy lives. We felt so welcome the moment we moved in. The kids are getting so big already. Our oldest, Loretta, is really starting to come into her powers as a witch - I’m excited to continue teaching her everything I’ve learned in my many lifetimes. Little Kelly (pictured in Arthur’s arms) just finished learning to walk and talk. She doesn’t seem to possess any magical powers, but she DOES have the magical power of looking a lot like her father.

Arthur and Shanta’s son, Austin, idolizes his older half-sister - they’re practically inseparable. I think Austin wishes he could be a witch, too. Maybe we’ll tell him about life-state-changing elixirs when he’s a little older, if his interest continues. And then there’s the littlest one, Mellony, who was born with wings just like her mother’s. Together, the six of us make a rather odd family, but we love each other, and there’s never a dull moment when we’re all hanging out in the same place.

Oh, and we can’t forget about Dino, that sweet stray who insisted on coming along with us on our adventure. She has adjusted beautifully to town life. I am teaching her to sit. It’s a start!

All our love,
Meadowlark, Arthur, Shanta, Loretta, Austin, Kelly, and Mellony (and also Dino)

A Postcard From Roaring Heights

Screenshot-611.jpg

Dear Starling and co.,

Wesley and I were working side-by-side on our balcony the other day when we suddenly realized we hadn’t written to you yet. Whoops! Well, there isn’t very much to tell, to be honest. Roaring Heights is gorgeous, a true inventor’s paradise. The architecture? Insane. The people? Right out of an anachronistic 1920s soap opera. The sunsets? Well, Wes should tell you about those. He's the writer around here.

We’re both doing very well and having a blast (sometimes literally - you know me!). We work from home most of the time, and when we need a break, we hit the clubs and cafes - there are SO MANY in this city. Wesley loves to tote his laptop around (nobody else here seems to have those, or even to know what they are) to the different cafes and set up shop for a few hours, observing the townies and making up stories. You know how he is. Me, I’m happy as long as I get to blow stuff up once in a while. Which I do.

We hope you all aren’t having too much fun in Hidden Springs. Say hi to the junkyard for me.

Cheers,
Sandpiper

A Postcard From Bridgeport

Screenshot-583.jpg

Dear everyone,

Since I haven’t received any letters (even fan mail!) from my family since arriving in Bridgeport, I suppose I must be the one to take initiative. You’ve probably been following our progress in the news, so I’ll try not to share too much that you already know. Sims Weekly did such a great feature on my street fashion choices last month, and there’s a new story coming out in Cosimpolitan tomorrow about my athletic career and how it fits in with my movie-star-like aura. I assume you have a subscription, but if you need extra copies to distribute to friends, just let me know and I can send a few boxes.

So yes, Robin and I are positively thriving here in the big city. If we were famous before, it’s nothing to how the world screams our names now. Well, mine in particular. Robin prefers to fly under the radar, to some extent, but since I’ve dragged him along to so many red carpet events, he’s started to gather his own fans. Of course, most of those fans are probably just trying to get to me, but it’s nice to see him getting some attention as well. He deserves it. He does have that sort of international-super-spy flair that people love.

I’m playing for the Bridgeport Birdies now (I convinced them to change the team name to reflect my illustrious family history), and obviously we’re winning all our games. I am constantly being called for autograph sessions and public speaking events. It’s a little overwhelming at times, but I do feel as though I’ve earned it. It’s lovely to have the time to lean into my innate star power and really let myself shine!

Well, I could write an essay on everything I’ve been up to - but that’s what the writers at Cosimpolitan are for! Make sure you read that article when it comes out. I have also enclosed several copies of my autograph, because it has just occurred to me that none of you ever asked me for it.

Love from your favorite star,
Sparrow

A Postcard From University

Screenshot-512.jpg

Hey everyone!

It’s been a minute, but that’s because Jess and I have been crazy busy at university. Like, CRAZY busy. I’m working on my dual degrees in Business and Communications, because I probably should have gotten those BEFORE becoming a high-level politician, and Jess is sort of hopping around in different classes and happily majoring in "undecided". I am constantly in class, but I find plenty of time to skip them when necessary in order to tag a blank wall or critique an nearby cement block. It’s so nice to actually have consequences for my rebellious actions. I mean, I got arrested once or twice in Hidden Springs, but I’m constantly being watched here, and I've gotten arrested nine times! It's amazing!

I literally don’t even have time to write a long letter, because I have a business class in two minutes and as a rebel, I MUST be a few minutes late (but not so late that I miss anything important). Then Jess and I are throwing a party at our dorm tonight, and I still need to replenish my stock of herbs to throw in the bonfire. So much to do! I’ll write more soon. In the meantime, stay airborne, fellow birds!

Rock on,
Tanager

Starling was glowing by the time she reached the end of the stack. Then she began to glow afresh as she read the letters and postcards aloud to her husband and great-great-great-great-great granddaughters. So what if all the Branches were far-flung nowadays? Through the magic of writing - and photographs, and phone calls, and possibly the occasional time machine - all of them could break the space-time continuum. And they weren't even duckies! Just regular birds.

~

Notes from a finally-finished watcher

Screenshot-695.jpg

Well, peeps, that’s it. After playing through all those epilogue-y parts, I took this very dramatic final screenshot of Starling and Bluebird - my founder and my last immortal - gazing off into the sunrise from the mountain in Hidden Springs. It’s a lovely picture (those Hidden Springs dawns just can’t be beat), but if at some point I had a detailed plan for what to write about it, I have no idea what it was. And maybe it’s better that way. Besides, if you put Starling and Bluebird Branch on a mountaintop, they’re probably not talking about the view. They’re probably talking about something stupid like what sorts of insects would taste good in pancakes. I don’t know.

Screenshot-690.jpg

See? This is the other screenshot I got. Bluebird looks positively bored of nature’s grandeur and Starling looks likes she’d rather be dead than admire a pretty purple sky. I don’t know what to tell you. Pick your own caption.

Anyway! The Branches have been a part of my life for over a year, and typing up this last loose shoelace (as Starling would say) has been weirdly difficult for me (hence the literal weeks in between epilogue postings…sorry ‘bout that). I had infinite amounts of fun creating the Branches’ unique personas, planning their accomplishments, developing their voices, and then watching all hell break loose in-game. They each became so much more than whatever I dreamed up for them back at the beginning, and that’s probably my favorite thing about The Sims 3. You can plan and create and invent all you want, but at the end of the day, they’re Sims, and if they want to prance around chucking rubber duckies through the space-time continuum, that’s exactly what they’re going to do.

Thank you so much to every single one of you for reading and (hopefully) enjoying this story. And an extra thank you to those of you who were kind enough to comment. :) Keep your eyes peeled for a new story coming soon (possibly sooner than is reasonable). Love you all, and keep flappin’!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2022, 12:03:42 PM »
Congrats!!! I loved the postcards from the immortals. I also like to read the statistics of the challenges, so I appreciate it.

This was a great story and I'm looking forward for the next one!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2022, 03:06:20 PM »
Congrats!!! I loved the postcards from the immortals. I also like to read the statistics of the challenges, so I appreciate it.

This was a great story and I'm looking forward for the next one!

Thank you so much! :)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: The Branch Immortal Dynasty (Complete)
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2022, 02:07:12 PM »
The postcards were a lovely way to end the challenge! As someone who is dragging my feet on ending a certain challenge of mine, this was really heartwarming to see! The ending was wonderful and fit the characters perfectly. I really enjoyed reading it and how you did a twist to a traditional ending of an immortal dynasty with the postcards. I'll be reading your next challenge!  ;D

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2022, 07:06:03 PM »
Congrats to you *throws confetti* I'm gonna miss these birds  :)

Online deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2022, 11:37:51 AM »
Wonderful Job Beks!
It's been a real hoot reading about the Birds and their antics!
I especially loved the descriptions of the bird species from the guidebook! Very creative and humorous touch. :)

Looking forward to your next story!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2022, 04:13:55 PM »
The postcards were a lovely way to end the challenge! As someone who is dragging my feet on ending a certain challenge of mine, this was really heartwarming to see! The ending was wonderful and fit the characters perfectly. I really enjoyed reading it and how you did a twist to a traditional ending of an immortal dynasty with the postcards. I'll be reading your next challenge!  ;D

Thank you so much! Gosh, I really need to catch up on reading that certain challenge of yours. I'm so glad you liked the ending of this one :)

Congrats to you *throws confetti* I'm gonna miss these birds  :)

Thanks! Me too. I miss them already.

Wonderful Job Beks!
It's been a real hoot reading about the Birds and their antics!
I especially loved the descriptions of the bird species from the guidebook! Very creative and humorous touch. :)

Looking forward to your next story!

Thanks so much, deedee! It's good to hear that you liked the guidebook quotes. I wasn't sure if they added much to the story, but I'm glad I included them. :)

anything