Author Topic: Divine Deception -- S4E24: Series Finale  (Read 76933 times)

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- S3E13: Torpid Bird
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2017, 06:21:26 PM »
Divine Deception
"Torpid Bird"

Thomas Dekker once said that sleep is the golden chain that binds health and our bodies together. Charlotte Bronte believes a ruffled mind makes a restless pillow. But I've always been a bit questionable when regarding Bansky. He said, "I never really understood why people sleep, wasting a third of your life and becoming vulnerable for almost eight hours every night doesn't seem appealing to me..." But I've always believed that we aren't completely vulnerable during our unconscious hours, that we are in control of where our mind takes us during our slumbers. It is in our control to pass certain dreams if we follow the right procedure. To be able to continue a dream once we have awakened or stop a terrifying occurrence from happening. It is I who has the power whether I am sleeping or awake, and when the setting of my dreams holds me in its stellar glare, to free myself all I have to do is open my eyes.

I'm lying on leather. Soft leather, expensive leather, embellished with shiny gold buttons and bobs. I run my fingers along the grain as I truly awaken. My head is pounding like some jack hammer is going off near my pole. My neck is killing, my spine feels out of whack and my right hand tingles intensely while I wait for feeling to return to it. I push up to a sitting position and let the room focus.

I am alone in a bedroom. Where am I? I try to recount what I was doing before this. I see my mother telling me to make sure I have my phone on me, that she's worried, has been since I told her about the Kyra situation. Glancing out one of the bedroom windows, I see that the sun has almost completely set. I told her that I was heading home and how long was that? Two hours? Three hours? Maybe even a full day?

I spot my clothes piled up beside the bed and grab them from the floor. My phone isn't anywhere. I might have dropped it when Kyra took me.

"Nathan..." I whisper as I get dressed. For so long I had wanted to get him back in my world, have his memory come back so that we could continue where we left off. And I finally got it before it was pulled away from me again. I need to get back to him and plan on it too. If I don't, it would have all been for nothing and I can't imagine leaving both Nathan and William alone. I need to be there with them.

Before I leave the bedroom, I search through the dresser drawers and cabinets looking for anything I can use as a weapon. My head might still be extremely groggy, but I remember what Kyra said a year ago clear as day. She hit Master Lee up first and now it's my turn. The question I can't answer, though, is why I'm still alive now? She had a perfect opportunity to kill me off back at the hospital, so why here? Why wait?

The best that I can find is a package of pens unopened in the bottom drawer of a desk in the back of the room. That will do just fine. All I need is a clear shot at one of her eyes and that should give me just enough time to beeline it out of here. As I grab the package and rip it open, a familiar scent hits me. It's faint, woodsy almost, but I can't for the life of me put my finger on it. I dismiss it and grab a pen before making my way out. I creep down a narrow hallway and down a set of stairs. It's the moment I step foot on the bottom step that I hear a gurgling sound. I walk towards it.

The moment I glimpse the kitchen, I know why some things feel so achingly familiar. I sat with Connie at that counter while she sobbed about Master Lee's death. I walked out that back door to speak with Daniel during a time when he needed somebody the most. And there, standing in front of the stove, I see his back. The woodsy scent I caught a whiff of earlier is much more pronounced now, barely hidden behind whatever is cooking, and I can remember why I know it so well. The way Daniel held me in his arms when we danced during my first mission... How he led me up to his bedroom that night. I knew I had seen this place before. And now, standing with his back facing me, I can see him. Daniel.

Just the confusion of him being where Kyra should be standing makes my hand spasm and I drop the pen. I watch it hit the floor with a slight tink and roll under the refrigerator.

"Ah, you've awakened." Just the sound of his voice makes me start. I look up and see he's now facing me. "I didn't think that you'd be down this early. Are you hungry?"

I shake my head. I don't know what else to do. He steps towards me, his hand lent out to touch me and I pull away, and quite stupidly I might add. I should have moved out into the foyer. Instead I am now stuck in a corner.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you." He pauses and looks me over. "You must be so scared. I'll explain everything, I promise."

"You... You took me?"

Daniel nods slowly, very slowly. "I know it looks bad, Deli, but it's fine. Everything is going to be fine." Just the way he says the word fine makes me tense. Every time somebody says it's going to be fine, it never is. Besides, I don't need his reassurance. I need answers to my questions, like why am I here? What does he have anything to do with this? And what is this anyway? These questions reproduce, more and more, until my head feels like it's become bloated.

Daniel takes a step closer to me, making my personal space even smaller again.

I throw my hands out in front of me as I back away from him. "You stay away from me!" I say, a quiver in my voice and I feel my back hit the counter. I don't know what to think about this man or who he is. Who kidnaps somebody and tells them everything is going to be fine? Daniel is still invading so I climb up and over the counter. I grab for the back door.

"Deli, there's nowhere to go."

I try to open the door, but it's locked and no matter how many times I unlock it, the door won't budge.

"I'm not going to hurt you."

That's reassuring, I think with an air of cynicism as I give up on the door and immediately go for the closest drawer. Plastic utensils are still in their packaging and the sharpest thing I can find is an old, torn up, plastic spatula. To think my luck would be any better. Still, it's the best that I have. I turn back towards Daniel. He's made his way back to the stove, his hands up to show that he's not a threat.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask him, the spatula gripped tightly in my one hand. My hands have begun to sweat immensely so I don't dare loosen my hold in case I accidentally let go of this thing too. "Why am I here?"

"I chose you over them."

The way he says them leaves me with a sickening feeling inside and I don't like it one bit. I raise the spatula towards him threateningly as my body shakes. "Who's them?"

Daniel leers at the spatula. "Deli, put that down. I will tell you everything, but first you need to trust me."

"Trust you?" I scoff. "You kidnapped me and drugged me. Why should I trust you?" My fear and anger have combined into one, created an actual flame that burns hot in the pit of my stomach.

"It was the only way I could think of to get you here, out of their eye. As I say, I'll tell you everything, no more secrets between us, but first," he eyes the spatula again as he advances, "just trust me and put that down."

"No!" I yell, throwing the spatula at him and clamber up and over the counter again. I target the foyer where I know the front door is. Maybe it can be unlocked or maybe I can break a window. One way or another, I need to get out.

((Because of a weapons mod, the remainder of this episode can be found HERE .))

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »
I did not see that coming!  :o  Poor Deli.  It's tough to learn that the type of people who are associated with a place like The Nest are not the people you should implicitly trust. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #242 on: April 09, 2017, 11:16:55 PM »
Exciting chapter. Can't believe Daniel can do that. And now some great action. Waiting for next chapter.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2017, 11:17:51 PM »
Exciting chapter. Can't believe Daniel can do that. And now some great action. Waiting for next chapter.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »
Happy you guys are enjoying it. I will try to get the next episode up as soon as possible. This is a very busy week, though.

And also, the first page has been updated with new graphics and links to all episodes in case anybody was interested.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- S3E14: Season Finale
« Reply #245 on: April 19, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »
Divine Deception
"Awake"

((Because of a weapons mod, partial nudity and strong language, the full season finale can be found HERE !))

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »
That's a very dark ending for the season.  :o  Roll on next season.  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2017, 03:27:43 AM »
Excellent finale chapter. Sad seeing Sadie go. Patiently waiting for next season.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »
Hope you guys enjoyed it. It was a dark ending, especially when we've seen what Deli is now capable of.

Season 4 isn't too far away and I will keep this thread updated over the next little while with screenshots and hints of what's to come.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Season Four Promo Ad
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2017, 10:16:42 AM »
I know it's a bit early to share stuff about the upcoming season, but I am really excited with what's to come and thought I'd post a tidbit. Enjoy!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Divine Deception -- Season 4 Promo Ad
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2017, 12:12:44 AM »
Stunning Promo. Waiting for it.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Season 4 Promo Ad
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2017, 11:08:16 AM »
Thanks, will keep you updated!  ;)

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Season 4 Teaser Shots
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
Hey guys!

Leading up to the fourth season, I am going to start posting little tidbits. From promo images and dropping hints to the actual trailer, you can get your Divine Deception fill here! :P Enjoy!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Divine Deception -- Season 4 Teaser Shots
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2017, 02:38:20 AM »
Great teaser shots. Looking forward for the trailer.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- 10 Things You Didn't Know
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2017, 11:58:21 AM »

Hey guys,

With Season 4 one its way, I thought I would give you a little insight into what goes on behind the scenes of Divine Deception. If you have any questions, suggestions or even just want to say hi, leave a comment down below. I always love hearing what you all have to say. Here we go!

1. DIVINE DECEPTION WAS ORIGINALLY A MISTAKE

So let's start this off with one of the first decisions that was made for this sims series. I was playing one day and decided to make a sim. Nothing special, just a normal day. CAS, move in, motherlode--Don't look at me like that--and began playing. I should note that when I get bored in the sims, and with the third installment with the open world like mechanics, I start experimenting with the mechanics which usually ends up with the townies being heckled. Cooking in an enemy's house and being asked to leave before I can take the food out of the oven, building a room around one of the family's friends and seeing how long they can survive (see The Man Under My Bed), etc. Divine Deception's was my main sim going over to the Alto's and seeing how far in a romantic relationship I could get her before Vita got mad. Shocker: Nick is surprisingly easy and Vita holds a grudge. After five hours (sim time) Vita had been kicked out and my main sim pregnant. My sim worked fast and as if out of nowhere Divine Deception started to form. Being a big fan of ABC's Revenge, I start to gather inspiration and started the first steps of this new story.

2. DIVINE DECEPTION WAS ORIGINALLY ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE A SINGLE SEASON STORY

That's right! Divine Deception was never supposed to go farther than Sadie being sent to prison and Vita being left with nothing but her own arms to keep her warm on a snowy, winter night. I had everything all wrapped up. Nick was taken out, Sadie was taken to jail thanks to Dexter the Bear and left to live with her destructive choices. Everything had been nicely wrapped up in my mind until I let my Alto family play on by itself. While I played a different family, Sadie moved out of the Alto household, which left Vita with Delilah. As I went back to play as Sadie and tried to converse with Delilah, the game wouldn't allow Sadie into the manor because Vita and Sadie were enemies. With some brainstorming of ideas, this led to the creation of season 2.

3. A REDHEAD NAMED ALLYSON

I said previously that I created my main sim before the story of Divine Deception was even in its early stages. Sadie wasn't originally my main character. My main character was a redhead named Allyson--a party animal who was always flirting with anybody with a thick wallet. She was such a mooch. There was always something off about her. The way her nose turned down every time she spoke and the way she always had a buzzed look on her face. She was not the woman I wanted the destroyer to be. I wanted someone who was pretty when all dolled up but at the same time could be bland and blend in with most of the other sims. So Sadie Lawrence was created. However, if you look closely you may notice Allyson turned out to be a different character in Divine Deception.

4. THOSE SILLY SPELLING MISTAKES!!!

Yes, I know! I can see them too. I cringe inwardly every time I give my chapter a reread the next day after I post it. Here's the thing: I don't edit. All right, I said it. :o And that's not all. I write everything for one chapter usually in an hour and a half. Usually I write on the one night I have off and I am up until close to midnight glancing over it, and I still miss the most obvious of mistakes. I am sorry, I really am. :-[ I just get so excited to give people the next piece of the story that I toss my hands in the air like I just don't care. If this was one of my novels, what you see is like the first draft I write. I write, I skim, I post! It's a night, y'all! ;)   

5. PICTURES FIRST, WORDS LATER

Do you remember Coffin Nail, the fourth episode in the first season? Did you know that those were the first photos taken of Divine Deception when I didn't know where exactly I should start? Yup, that's exactly it. Once I got Sadie all ready and moved her in with Gobias--and motherlode, motherlode, motherlode--I had no clue what to do first. Do you do that with your sim stories? You have this idea and then don't know where to start? So I sent her jogging. Being fall, it was nice just to take some pictures. As I had stated back when Divine Deception began, I had just installed Seasons and just seeing the differences in the town was enough to keep me busy. Anyway, Sadie ended up at the criminal warehouse and one thing led to another and I have twenty pictures begging for descriptions. This is how most episodes go. I will let my sims go off and do their own things, takes some pictures and build the story for that episode around that. While I do have small preparations and plans for each season, very rarely do I set everything up except for major plot points.

6. VIC, I SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU REALLY WERE

Vic, good man, loving Vic. Sadie's rock, the one thing she said was true in her life during season 1 and the man who asked for her hand in season 3. But would you look at him the same had you known the original plans for him in season 2? I knew a few things that I wanted to happen in the second season once the first season ended.

1. The season would be about bringing Deli and Sadie back together
2. Deli was going to go through a depression-like state and hook up with a bad crowd
3. Deli would be pregnant by the end of the season
4. I wanted to bring back some of the characters from the first season, especially Vic

I'm sure you can put two and two together and this possibility, while I knew it would be shocking and catch people off guard, it just left a bitter taste in my mouth. Deli being taken advantage of during such a difficult time in her life just seemed like too much. And for it to be Vic of all people...  :-\ So I brought in Nathan and found a way to make it more manageable. This way Deli still gets hooked up with a bad crowd aka the Yuri situation, yet this time Deli doesn't have to deal with more hatred and violence(which would probably send her into crazy land). Instead she gets some happiness with Nathan.

7. SPEAKING OF HAPPY ENDINGS...

I revealed back when this story first started that I used Nraas Story progression. This mod has made some many changes to the overall story. From little things like friends coming home after school and work to things I never expected such as Vita Alto becoming pregnant. Curve balls like this took Sadie's character from being a wannabe destroyer to something revolting. Because of SP's push to make Vita pregnant, it opened up the opportunity for Sadie to take Vita's child away from her, a huge step in her mission.

But there were other things that didn't make it into the story. While filming in Nathan's family, I had placed Vic and Sadie in their own household until I needed them. All was fine until SP decided Sadie and Vic weren't a good match. Sadie cheated on him with Henry McGlum, whom she later moved in and had a daughter with. Nathan's brother Jim had also fallen victim to SP's ways with his love affair with Hunter Cottoneye. It wasn't until I was filming the season 2 finale (only Nathan, Deli, Sadie and Peters in a household) that I learned that Jim and Hunter had moved in together, woohooed (thanks Woohooer for that notification) and were adopting. I couldn't help but feel as if this was my sims version of Modern Family's Cam and Mitch ;D

8. DANCE DANCE, BABY

Writing first person can be somewhat difficult sometimes. Not only am I the voice for the reader to hear, I am the character's voice and I have to become them. Some are easier than others. Sadie was simple. The moment I began writing as her there was this simplicity, especially in season 1, where whatever she was thinking easily came out on paper. But it wasn't until I had to write as Deli that I began to struggle. Sadie was strong and independent, a woman able to keep her emotions in check for the most part. But Deli was a seventeen year old girl that I wanted portrayed as a bit of a valley girl who transformed into somebody completely different. Writing as a valley girl doesn't come naturally to me. So for times like these I like to use music.

For Deli's character I used the album Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds for inspiration. The album represents female archetypes in popular American culture such as the house wife, beauty queen and the idle teen. Sadie's character in the first season was inspired by the songs Homewrecker and How to be a Heart Breaker, while songs like Long & Lost and What Kind Of Man by Florence and the Machine were used for the plot of season 2.

In the third season, Deli's character and story were inspired by Lady Gaga's Joanne. Songs like Diamond Heart and Sinner's Prayer that talk about not being perfect but being being the best one can be worked well in representing the person Deli wanted to become. She had flaws, she'd made poor decisions, yet she's far from giving up.

9. THE FUTURE OF DELILAH ALTO

Now some little tidbits of what's to come. In the first season we were placed right in the middle of the life of a destroyer. We watched Sadie fight her own conscience to fulfill a mission she was uneasy about from the start. The second season we witnessed what happened after a completed mission and how one can bounce back from being betrayed. And the third season went through the footwork of how one becomes a destroyer in the first place. Season 4 takes us back to the beginning with Delilah being the destroyer and how she's going to handle her own mission at hand. Will she become her mother and be forced to kill in order to survive? Or will she stop herself before she hits rock bottom? Sadie Lawrence destroyed herself the moment she set her sights on Vita Alto. Who's to say the same won't happen to Deli? She's just been a part of Daniel's sick game at the end of season 3, she knows Paragon is still active and she has a family she wants to protect. A mother's love is one of the strongest bonds one can have. Just look at how far Sadie went to get Deli back on her side. I said this during the first season and I am going to say it again: On the path of revenge, dig two graves. One for your enemy and one for yourself.

10. WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT SEASON FOUR

I have only revealed a few things regarding the fourth season and here they are with more details. First, season 4 is Divine Deception's final season. In the promo posted at the end of May showed Delilah in a destroyed wedding dress stating that season 4 was the final season. But what you didn't know was that season 4 will be the longest season out of the whole series. Season 1 had 15 episodes, season 2 16 and season 3 had 14. Season 4 will have 24 episodes. I was brainstorming ideas for the possibility of a fifth season and came to the decision that I'd be scraping the last bits from a barrel. It wouldn't be worth it. So, instead the final season will have ten more episodes to expand the storyline and wrap everything up. Delilah will be going to new towns. In one of the promo photos Bridgeport was shown. Appaloosa Plains, Dragon Valley and Isla Paradiso will also appear.

I hope this has been insightful for you. I know I enjoy reading and hearing about what goes on behind the scenes so to speak. As I said earlier, I love to hear what you as the readers think. If you have any questions or just want to say something, please comment down below. Feedback is always welcome. Season 4 is just around the corner and the trailer will be up soon!

Look forward to hearing what you have to say!