Author Topic: Divine Deception -- S4E24: Series Finale  (Read 76924 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Divine Deception---an original sims 3 story
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »
You make quite a convincing trailer!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Divine Deception---an original sims 3 story
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »
Nice intro! It's very compelling and attention grabbing. Looking forward to more  :)

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- An original Sims 3 Story
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »
Thanks you guys! It's nice to get some feedback. I just got Seasons so while the story goes along, I am experiencing all the new features. I will post the first episode asap! :D

When you open a book for the first time, you are given three sections of importance: a beginning, a middle and an end.

The beginning will do its part to transform your imagination to reality.

It will introduce the people you will be tethered to throughout the journey, paved out to an ending of happily ever after.

But this isn't one of those stories...

There won't be a happily ever after. There won't be love, just lust, heartache and destruction.

For the truly wronged, there is no other option other than to call a professional like myself.

I am not a nice person. I destroy people for those who can't fight for themselves.

My name is Sadie and my next target has taken me to Sunset Valley. Let's see what monsters lurk in the shadows here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 04:46:40 PM »
Great intro, very intriguing.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 02:54:39 AM »
 This is possibly the most interesting intro I have read in a while  :)
"Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled...And it hurt man! Rocks! Thorns! Glass! Not cool Robert Frost, not cool."
- Kid President

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 11:26:58 AM »
You guys are so kind! Thank you very much. I love hearing feedback on what interests readers and what twists were unexpected, so please sound off below. :D
Let the story begin!

Divine Deception
"Pilot"

Water, waves and the thumping of his feet as he walks across the hardwood flooring upstairs. It's all I can focus on as I dig my nails into the cushion I sit on. I keep a smile on my face, not because of happiness or content, but for the reason if I don't, I may very well scream at the top of my lungs for the bumbling fool upstairs to hurry it up.

His name is Gobias Koffi. My report says that he is a single sim who just hasn't met the right woman, probably one of the reasons why "The Powers That Be" aka, my contacts, decided that he would be beneficial to our task, a task that I still haven't been completely informed about. I was just shipped out like some mail-order bride to his doorstep to ask him if he wanted a roommate. It's a good thing he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree or else my hasty arrival would have seemed a little suspicious. Maybe he will be beneficial after all. He's still needs to hurry up, though. I decide to wait outside.

My contacts have given me little information so far. It's the problem with working with amateurs in the work field of life destroying. The men and women who hire me know what they want, they want sims to suffer for their wrong doings, but they don't know how much time and patience it takes to do such a thing without leaving a room full of fingerprints. They don't know much background history of the targets I need and the more I know, the better for everyone it will be. Those who hire professional destroyers like myself are impatient even if I like to call them ambitious. Just another day in the life. The one piece of information they have left with me, however, is a single name: Vita Alto. She's not the sole target, but it is her connections that will get me where I need to go. Once I find her, I will get my next tidbit of info.

When Gobias is finally ready, we head out to the Summer Festival. Since I am new to the area, he said I can't miss going there and enjoying myself. I don't want to seem distant, so I follow without much fight. I don't want him to get the wrong idea and think I am just using him for his house. Besides, he seems to enjoy himself there. Let me just remind everyone of his face.

I would really like a talk with whoever painted his face. Either the unicorn is farting rainbows or it drag raced along his forehead like a dog on a carpet. I keep my thoughts to myself, though, and tell him it looks great.

He wants to roller skate. Usually I would say no. Being a Destroyer I always want to have control of every obstacle in my path. It's a flaw, I can admit that. Too much control can actually destroy a Destroyer with their focus being stretched beyond its limits. We can only hold our concentration on so many things before we become overwhelmed and lose everything we've worked so hard to achieve. When I start to feel that way, when I start to feel it becoming too much, I take that moment to just go with the flow...

No matter what obstacles I trip over.

As the night wears on, I watch Gobias participate in a hotdog eating contest. It's pretty disgusting to be completely honest even if the twins on the end are entertaining. Seeing grown sims fight to shove as many tube steaks down their throats to win a year's worth of hotdogs is baffling. The last thing I would want to eat is another one if it were me, but I just support because that is what a good friend does.

Besides, Gobias looks like he is having a ball and... wait... When did he find time to get his face done again? He moves like a panther when he wants to.

When the stands close down, Gobias tells me we don't have to leave the grounds. I've been in heels all day, my feet are killing me and I just want to go home and sit in that silly chair I'd clawed earlier, but I get dragged again to play a game of water balloons. I am counting down the minutes as one blast hits me after the other. A lady joins us, she must be able to see the exhaustion on my face because she decides to help me pummel Gobias with balloons. It's satisfying and the poor man's face paint is washed off. When I turn to face the newcomer and introduce myself...

I am introduced to Vita Alto.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
He's a slippery one. I can't say I trust him...  :-\

Offline Katala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 12:38:52 AM »
I agree with her on hot dogs, who would want to eat more?
"Two paths diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled...And it hurt man! Rocks! Thorns! Glass! Not cool Robert Frost, not cool."
- Kid President

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 09:53:38 AM »
Such truth. Fortunately for Sadie, he didn't win. He ran off with half his plate still full. The blonde on the end, Marlie, won.  :P

I hope to have the second episode up in the next few days. I thought I was done "filming", but an idea just came to me last night while I was at work and I have to takes some pictures of it next time I play. :D

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode One: Pilot
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »
Wow what a promising start! I hope your "Destroyer" is set on destroying Vita, she definitely deserves it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »
Thank you for the support!

Keeping reading and see! I can assure you as the story progresses that the wrong doers will get what's coming for them. We'll just need some patience and persistence, that's all ;)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 03:11:41 AM »
If your Sim is out to destroy the Alto's I hope she takes into account that Holly is a nice Sim.  I guess I'll juts have to read along to find out.  Bookmarked!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
Re: Divine Deception -- Episode Two: Code Twinsr2cute
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 09:49:57 PM »
Thanks for the support, Magz! Holly is a very nice sim, one that does make an appearance in an upcoming episode.

Divine Deception
"Code Twinsr2cute"

When I was a little girl, anger was as simple as not being able to go outside to play if my homework wasn't done. It lasted ten minutes, was gone almost instantly and left the rest of the day to be enjoyed by me. Deep down I would have known had I finished my homework, been proactive so to speak, I could have played for even longer. A boy stealing my eraser in first grade and my parents catching me sneaking back in after curfew are other examples. It was an emotion, a basic one, that I once believed could be eased if given the right attention. Happiness could rid hatred and a smile meant that anger couldn't pose a threat.

That was before I joined this work field. Before I knew what type of people I would have to deal with and be around. Gobias is not a person I can say a smile will make me happy to see him, unless, of course, my smile makes him vanish. He's not a caring person, but he's not an independent person like myself either. He always needs to put his nose where it doesn't belong. Criticizing the way I make waffles. Complaining that the sleeping arrangements are not working in his favour. His favour? Let's talk about the fact that he has a master bedroom upstairs and I am left to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag wherever is convenient for him. Lately, it's been the bathroom downstairs, which gets little traffic.

It doesn't help that I called my contact about meeting Vita Alto a week ago and still haven't heard back from him. He specifically stated that meeting her would kick-start this mission. Yet, here I sit, eating a mediocre batch of waffles, listening to Gobias go on about how I need to get a job because it is obvious that I have no money. When he starts making a show about how I talk to him, I say nothing, get up and leave. The thing is, I have more money that he can even imagine. The only problem with it is that I can't say anything about it. It would raise questions which would inevitably blow my cover.

"Where are you going?" He asks after I come out of the washroom, gathering my sleeping bag from the floor. I sling it over my shoulder as I glance back at him.

"I'm going to get a job," I lie.

A half an hour later, I sit at the doorstep of the Stix household. The Charlie and Marlie twins. I met them last week at the Summer Festival. They'd both participated in that horrid hot dog eating contest Gobias was a part of. It was the sister, Marlie, who won and chatted me up while Gobias took two hours to get his face painted... again. She seems really nice, her brother, nice enough. They moved to Sunset Valley from Bridgeport in search of a more relaxing area. I couldn't help but feel some sort of similarity. I worked in Bridgeport for many years during my start as a Destroyer. I can defend myself, but even I can admit that walking the streets of the city alone at night ran a chill up my spine from time to time. We exchanged numbers, emails and addresses and she told me that we should hang out some time. Well, she offered. I wonder if she expected to get together so soon.

Marlie arrives not long after. She asks me why I was sitting on the bench.

I give her a questionable look. "Because I rang the doorbell and you weren't here."

"But Charlie's home."

And so he is. He must have been too busy in the bathroom, looking at himself in the mirror and pretending that he was Lara Croft to have heard my arrival.

I can't be upset with him, though. Between playing in puddles...

and scaring his sister...

I can't help but find humour in their actions. The way they talk to one another and play their little games. It reminds me in a strange way of the anger I felt as a kid and how it could be resolved within ten minutes. They ask me to stay for dinner. I tell Marlie my predicament with Gobias and how he is driving me crazy. She just laughs and makes fun of me like one of my childhood friends would if I told them I had a crush on a boy.

"It's not that funny," I say as I try to hold back my laughter.

Marlie palms a cup of coffee for me and brings it over to the table. "It kind of is," she chuckles. She puts a few heaping spoonfuls of sugar into her own cup. "If it really is that bad, though, feel free to stay the night."

It's a good thing I brought my sleeping bag with me. It feels just like home.

The next morning I wake up to the smell of bacon frying. The sizzle of it in the pan is like an alarm that screams for me to get out of bed and onto my feet and it's a good thing too. Both Marlie and Charlie are up and they need me out of the way. I had rolled around last night during my sleep and ended up under the table.

Marlie seems a little uneasy about my choice of sleepwear. I'm guessing that is the reason, I am in my underwear. I couldn't honestly say, however. That's not to say she's dressed much better.

My departure is rather quick. I give Marlie a big hug and tell her how much I appreciate her hospitality. She is the nicest person I have met in a really long time and her kindness seems genuine. I tell her that as I am heading out the front door.

"Anytime," she says. "You know where to find us."

Right as I am driving back into the driveway of Gobias's house, my phone goes off.

"Hello?" I answer, stepping out of my car and giving the door a good push. It clunks and refuses to close.

"Miss Lawrence, it's Reginald Peters. Is this a bad time?"

It's about time, I think and give my car door a good kick, forcing it closed this time. "Not at all."

"I just got your message about your contact with Vita Alto."

"Good, now what do you want me to do with her?" I am direct. I want him to know that me standing around for a whole week doing absolutely nothing is unacceptable, but my professional side kicks in and keeps me from saying anything of the sort.

"Straight to the point I see."

"I just want to know where we are going," I say clearly. "I think I've been left in the dark for long enough."

"Point taken. Then here it is..."

What Peters says takes me back and I have to remind myself to breathe. "What did you say?"

"I said that I want Vita's husband killed."

I glare at the pavement underneath my feet, trying to absorb Peter's words. Kill a man? Is that really what he just said? "I don't do that," I choke out.

"Sadie, I hired you because you said that you could help me with my situation with the Altos. Was that not what you said?"

"That's right, Mr. Peters, I did say that, but please understand that I destroy people's lives. I make them suffer. I do not kill."

"Then I guess this is a turning point in your career." His voice is forceful, yet at the same time calming and smooth.

"I will not kill--"

"You will do as I asked," he cuts me off. "Might I mention that I have already sent you a handsome amount of money for your services? A cheque that you had no problems cashing, might I add. How about the fact that the Altos have screwed over our community, hurt many families and continue to fund businesses which can only be seen as criminal? Do I need to remind you of that?"

Sweat has started to form at my hairline and I rub my forehead with the back of my hand. "No," I sigh.

"Mrs. Alto is the mayor, Sadie, and she is your connection to the biggest criminal in Sunset Valley. Get close to her to get close to him."

"This could take a year."

"Then so be it." He pauses and when he returns, I jolt inwardly. "I want her to suffer and him dead."

I stay quiet for a bit. All happiness has drained from my body as it becomes eerily cold around me. I am not angry. I don't know what I feel as the words leave my mouth.
"I'll see what I can do."