Author Topic: The Phlogiston Experiment: A Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
The Phlogiston Experiment: A Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty
« on: September 29, 2015, 09:13:05 PM »
About a year ago, I made a brief attempt at an Immortal Dynasty. Unfortunately, I chose a poor time to do so- during the busiest time of the semester. With School more in hand now, I thought I'd try again. The original save was lost with my old PC, but I've installed the game on my new laptop and I feel it's time to try again. So, without further ado, I present to you,

The Phlogiston Experiment

During the pursuit of my degree in plumbotics, a name recurred amongst the research: Victor Phlogiston. Under ordinary circumstances, I might not have thought anything more of the matter, but something gave me pause- The two papers were dated generations apart. Phlogiston not exactly being a common name, I asked my professor about it. He laughed and said it was a practical joke prominent in many ancient papers, and I thought no more of it for a long time. Not until I was exploring an ancient crashed alien ship did I recall this curiosity.

What I found in there was truly remarkable. A collection of meticulously preserved ancient journals and crude images called photographs, detailing the most peculiar life of one Dr. Victor Phlogiston. As best as I can tell, the documents are genuine, or at the very least excellent forgeries that were produced at the time they claim to have been. And further research reveals that there does exist a Birth Certificate for one Victor Phlogiston, but no death certificate. How curious. It is thus I begin a deeper examination of the journal.

As best as I can surmise, Victor Phlogiston was an alchemist from Sunset Valley with a scientific bent. The seeds of his experiment were sown early in his adult life, but he did not realize their significance until he was much older. Still, in the spirit of telling the whole story, I shall begin my tale when the first of those seeds were sown.

A Brief stylistic explanation: I've often thought some of the immortal dynasty requirements seem forced as far as storytelling goes. To get around that, they're going to rise organically over the course of the narrative. And thus, at the beginning, Victor isn't planning to start a dynasty, and he doesn't even realize he has one of the ingrediants for ambrosia and a death flower stored in the alchemy cabinet. AS for the narrator, I was inspired by Deme's attempts. I imagine I'll give him a name and an appearance during an intermission (For the record: I own Into the Future, but it is disabled for the ID so as to allow non-Into the Future skill opportunities to occur).

Table Of Contents
Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Chapter 2: Romance in the Air
Chapter 3: Growing Families
Chapter 4: Learning and Growing

Roll of Immortals  (Completed Requirements have after them)
Generation 1 Immortal: Victor Phlogiston (Adult)
Spouse: Agnes Phlogiston (Nee Crumplebottom)
Traits: Green Thumb, Genius, Gatherer, Supernatural Fan, Excitable, Over-emotional (Social Group Trait)
Lifetime Wish: Alchemy Artisan*
Career: Gardener
Supermax Skill: Alchemy*
Other Max Skills: Gardening
Building: Victor's Expidated Eatery (Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner)*
Property: Maywood Glen (Large Park 3/3)*
Unique Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, fireproof household, Jetsetter*
Black Ops: An Apple A Day, Don't Cry, Stomping Grapes, Uncommonly Good, Fruit Flambe, Outstandingly Rare*
Additional Opportunities: Puzzle Panic
Best Friends: (Victor has over 20, I believe. I'm only going to take stock of them once I have every other requirement complete, though)
Portraits: Young Adult, Adult
Sculptures: Young Adult, Adult
Photographs: Young Adult, Adult

Generation 2 Immortal: Lise Phlogiston (Child)
Spouse:
Traits: Athletic, Brave, Genius
Lifetime Wish:
Career:
Supermax Skill:
Building:
Property:
Unique Lifetime Rewards:
Black Ops:
Portraits: Toddler, Child
Sculptures: Toddler, Child
Photographs: Toddler, Child

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
Re: The Phlogiston Experiment: A Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:29:48 PM »
Comparing yourself to Deme sets the bar pretty high for your storytelling abilities. ;) But it sounds like you'll get there just fine.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »
Oh, I doubt I'll reach her level. But imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and all that...

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:36 PM »
I like the tone of your prologue, written as a research. And it's always good to have a new story to read in this part of the forum. Good luck!  :)

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
Chapter 1: New Beginninngs
Stylistic note: Any fourth-wall breaking commentary of mine will be underlined.
From the Logs of Victor Phlogiston

Hale and Hearty, dear reader!
The vast majority of Victor’s log entries begin this way. I am not entirely sure why, as he does not seem to have intended to publish them in their raw form.
I am pleased to declare that my recent move into the old farmhouse at Summerhill Court has not overly disrupted my studies of the botanical and thaumaturgical worlds! I have converted a small patch of garden near the house itself into a nursery, and an old storage room was easily converted into a laboratory. The complete renovation of such a property being a bit beyond my means and ways at present, a number of young individuals have taken up residence with me.

The first floor, including a nursery, Victor's Lab, and a combination kitchen, living, and dining room.

The upper floor, consisting of four bedrooms and a small shared lounge.

The small basement of the Farmhouse.

And finally, an exterior shot, including a fish pond and Victor's nursery.

The first of these is a single mother named Claire Ursine. She has mostly kept to herself since moving in, and does not speak much of her past- I gather she is not on good terms with her daughter’s father. She has resolved to give the young girl, Denise, a good home, nonetheless. A commendable attitude. I understand she has left her old career to focus more on fishing, although I am unsure if such a career move is wise, but she assures me it is to her daughter’s benefit, so I have not pressed further.
My Research indicates Claire had a criminal record. I’m not sure if Victor was unaware of Claire’s criminal past, or deliberately omitting these details to protect his housemate’s reputation.

Claire fishing in the small pond in front of the house.

Denise was born at home, although as none of the other family members mention the specific circumstances of her birth, I don't know how this photograph was taken.

Denise herself is a welcome addition to the household. Always smiling, I believe everyone in the household has quickly grown fond of her. I myself have taken to using her as sounding board for some of my alchemical experiments. An infant may be unable to provide peer review, but she certainly seems to enjoy the discussion, and it is never too early to begin educating a young person.

The next member of our household is Ms. Emma Hatch. Ms. Hatch is employed at the local Diner. I understand that she is an aspiring chef. I confess that our schedules have not aligned well, and I have not gotten to know her, although she recently told me that she was quite pleased with the progress she had made in mastering a wide variety of recipes. I am also given to understand she has recently been seeing an old Schoolmate of hers, one “Cycl0n3 Sw0rd.” What a fanciful name.

Emma and "Cycl0n3"

Emma completing her lifetime wish. For some reason I thought she had the wish to reach the top of the Culinary Career, so I didn't even realize she was going to complete it until the notice popped up. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

The final human member of our household is a widow named Agnes Crumplebottom. Agnes spends the bulk of her time in the basement, which she has converted into a small studio where she practices art and painting. We did however have a brief discussion in the nursery when she decided to plant an apple tree of her own.

Agnes's small studio in the basement.

Agnes's discussion in the garden.

Also present in the house are a Dog named Gabby and my familiar, Felix. The two of them have become fast friends. Both animals seem quite intelligent and good-tempered, and I gather that both of them are enjoying easy access to the wide outdoors. Felix also seems to enjoy the nearby fish pond, although he still hasn’t quite gotten the hang of actually catching the fish!

Both animals seem to have been avid explorers. Unfortunately for Gabby, this lead to several cases of Fleas.

Agnes captured a number of photographs of Felix's early fishing attempts. In the interests of levity, I have selected one of the more comical images.

On a more pragmatic note, I recently came across a peculiar botanical specimen. It appears to be a relative of the pear with some sort of Halo attached. I will have to investigate further when I have more time.

The properties of Life Fruit were reasonably well documented even then, but the relative rarity of the fruit meant they were seldom described. Victor might have identified the sample earlier, but other events would soon distract him from his scientific pursuits.

Other Commentary: So, the first update. A little later than I'd like, but I was having trouble finding the narrator's voice for a while and it took me a while to get a hang of imgur. I don't think the narrator's concept is done evolving even before he gets true character development, but I'm content with how this update turned out. I've omitted a number of miscellaneous things- Victor registering as a self-employed gardener, purchasing Hogan's Deep-fried Diner, and Claire and Agnes becoming a self-employed sculptor and fisherwoman respectively. I've also had the animals hunting regularly and Victor visiting the consignment store daily.

By the way- Red Dragons are fantastic for Sculptors. Agnes spent almost all her time in the Basement, and she's been in a better mood than anyone- Not to mention maybe 10-20 thousand total lifetime happiness points above the rest of the household.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »
Certainly, Victor is surrounded by women. Good chapter :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 02:10:39 PM »
Victor is a very likable founder. Good luck with your dynasty. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 05:21:46 PM »
Certainly, Victor is surrounded by women. Good chapter :)

Heh. I didn't actually realize that Denise had brought the number of women in the house to four (Plus Gabby) until just now.
Victor is a very likable founder. Good luck with your dynasty. :)
Thank you.

In other news, I have the screenshots for the next update and a good plan of how to tie things together, so the next update should be tomorrow or Wednesday.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 03:58:38 AM »
I'm loving this very well written story with such familiar personages involved.  Good luck with your dynasty, (for my sake so I have another story to read).
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 12:10:42 PM »
Chapter 2: Romance in the Air

While Victor’s logs are the single largest part of what I have dubbed, “The Phlogiston archive,” they are far from the only part of it. Indeed, the archive is so complete that I cannot help but suspect that the Phlogiston’s made a deliberate effort to document their lives and preserve a record of it. I mention this now because I am turning to another important source detailing the early days of Victor’s research; the Diary of Agnes Phlogiston (née Crumplebottom)

From the Diary of Agnes Crumplebottom

Dear Diary,

Today I went to the graveyard to visit poor Robert’s grave. I was quite surprised to find Victor there. Apparently he’d found a peculiar flower there and had taken a sample for further study. We began to talk about Robert. We talked a bit and then he remarked that it was good to see me getting out of the house. I was about to leave when he asked me if I would like to go to the summer fair. I was about to say, “No,” when I paused. I had sought solace in sculpting and photography, abandoning my old endeavors, but they had not helped. Could visiting the fair with a friend be any worse?

I believe this actually the occasion on which Victor first located a death flower, but he neglected to mention this in his journal. Understandable in light of the night's events, of course. I have no idea what was being sold in the background. Consigned gems, maybe?

What I recall most about the trip to the fair was not the food or sounds of children playing, but Victor’s smile. He was delighted to see me out and about. He was so genuine as he rambled on about the migratory patterns of the Monarch Butterflies that were flying past us that I couldn’t help but return his smile. Later that night a meteor shower began and we sat down together to watch. At first Victor pointed out the stellar phenomena, but as the night grew cold we huddled close together and simply watched the majesty of nature in silence.

When we returned home I thanked him for a wonderful night and was about to go to bed when I found myself mentioning Robert before I realized it. And then, for just a moment, I didn’t hurt.

I kissed Victor, losing myself in the moment. As I pulled away, I felt a rush of Emotion as I watched him process what had just happened. Guilt mingled with confusion and embarrassment. Was I betraying Robert? Had I embarrassed him? Was I simply looking for anyone to make me feel a little less alone? Was there someone else in his life I didn’t know of? Then he smiled and embraced me, and as we looked into each other’s eyes, those feelings washed away, and I simply felt warm and content.

Victor’s log goes into less detail about this, but I feel his remark is worth including nonetheless, although I feel it loses something without Victor’s flowing cursive handwriting and the small heart he doodled in the margin.

Astronauts and Divers have written about times when you cannot help but be overwhelmed by the majesty of the world. While what happened to me tonight may seem small in comparison to a great reef teeming with life or the sight of the world as you are in free fall, for me, it was no less meaningful.

The next few entries into Agnes’s diary and Victor’s log are interesting if occasionally saccharine, but little changed immediately for the household. Everyone continued to pursue their careers, although Agnes began to smile again and she and Victor shared several sweet if amateurish love poems.

And then, one day, Agnes and Denise’s Birthdays fell on the same day.

Hale and Hearty, Dear Reader!

Today is Agnes and Denise’s birthday. A truly momentous occasion. A young child celebrating the anniversary of her birth as she takes her first steps into the wide, wonderful world, and a first celebration with my dear Agnes.

This next section seems to have been added later in the day.

I am almost speechless. As Agnes blew out the candles on her cake, her face grew dark, and she left the room in a hurry. I asked her what was wrong, and it was like a dam breaking. All her fears came out at once. Amidst all of this, one small phrase stood out, “I can’t lose you, Victor.”

I took her hand in mine and squeezed it. “You won’t.” I said. And then...

“Marry me,” she said. “Right now.”

For a moment I was shocked. And then I was barely able to contain myself. I was almost dancing. I told her that of course I would marry her. I held her close. It was hard to let go long enough for one of us to call a taxi to take us to the city hall. And as we left, I felt as if everything in the world was right, at least at this moment.

Other commentary: A bit on the short side, but I admit I don’t have much experience with relationships, so I tried to take my time writing this. It also felt like a natural stopping point, and the next logical point to stop is still a day or two out from where I am in game, so I figured ending on the Wedding felt right. As far as the wedding goes, I’d been toying with how to handle it when Agnes had a midlife crisis. And everything clicked. Regarding the trip to city hall- Since I had Agnes make the proposal, Victor was very temporarily Victor Crumplebottom even though he initiated the private wedding action. This has since been corrected. I feel like the rest of the household is kind of being neglected at the moment (I realize Denise actually aging up is missing, but it just didn't fit. She'll be in the next update), but the next update should give the Ursines and Emma some screen time, and I've got an idea for an interlude focused on Gabby (or as I recently decided to call her, Gabriella "Ruff"-iela)

Also, I never actually posted Victor’s Wardrobe, and since this wasn’t an image heavy update, voila! Also pictured is the upgraded Maywood Glen. Fitting all the necessary big park fixtures into a small lot got a little frustrating, to be honest.

A Close-up in CAS

Left to right: Daily Outfit, Formalwear, and Sleepwear

Left to right: Athletic (I have no idea what I was going for here, but I'm really unhappy with it seeing it again), Swimsuit, and Outerwear

Maywood Glen. The Townies were a real annoyance as I was trying to edit the lot. And when I went back to move the chess table after they left, wouldn't you know it, a wild horse was sitting right where I wanted it  >:(

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 07:52:55 PM »
Beautiful chapter, a good way to introduce Agnes in the story and have different points of views.

Good work with Maywood Glen :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
Loving the different points of view and I just had to laugh at your 'wild horse' moment! :)

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 05:28:08 PM »
Chapter 3: Growing Families

The first days of wedded life were happy ones for the Phlogistons, but little of what happened is documented. What I can say is that the two of them were very happy, and this happiness was infectious.

As Agnes found joy again in the simplest of things, Claire spent much of her time taking care of little Denise. Little ones grow up so quickly, and it wasn’t long before Denise had learned to walk and talk.

I didn't get to pick Denise's traits because Claire got too hungry the first day. She ended up with Easily Impressed and Virtuoso.

Gabby, the household’s faithful canine companion, grew older. Her birthday was celebrated with the gift of an automated grooming machine and a high-quality food bowl.

She certainly earned it. I think 60% of the Household wealth has come from Supernovium ingots and heart-cut gems Gabby has found.
And then one day, the quiet equilibrium that had been building was shattered.

Hale and Hearty Dear reader!

I am almost without words. Given that Victor’s usual verbosity seems undiminished here, one must assume Victor was being figurative. Or perhaps ironic.

I am to be a father. Agnes just informed me that she was pregnant while we were at the coffeehouse. Any fatigue I might have been felling prior to the announcement fled my body in an instant. I embraced her immediately. Everything seemed to be happening so rapidly, and yet I would not have it any other way. I am married to a beautiful, vibrant woman with whom I am deeply in love, and now we shall soon be parents. We are truly blessed.

From the Diary of Agnes Phlogiston

Dear Diary,

Pregnancy has brought with it challenges, but through it all, Victor has been there for me. Reading books on pregnancy, soothing my aches and pains, and simply being there for me. He talks regularly to our child.

And there has been another wonderful development. As I was speaking to Emma Hatch, I learned that she intended to adopt a young child.

Young Charles Hatch arrived later that day. Emma has spent much of her time with him.

Charles has the Virtuoso and Friendly traits. Not quite what I would have picked, but adoption seemed more practical than courtship given that Emma's schedule was not ideal for dating.

For those who are wondering, as best as I can tell, Emma’s relationship with Cycl0n3 had not progressed in anyway- my search through historical archives of text messages seem to indicate that when she inquired as to a second date he told her he had forgotten the first. I found no further record of communication between the two.

I feel she shall make a wonderful mother. As I hope to- At this point, Agnes’s handwriting deteriorated- I have done my best to reconstruct her handwriting as her pen jerked over the writing.

The contractions have begun.

Victor updated his logs late in the evening, so he glossed over Emma’s day. His log is relatively sparse, for once.

Welcome to the world, my little Lise.

Lise is an Athletic Genius.

Other Commentary:
Whew. That was harder to write than I thought. They say write what you know, and I’m… not doing that. The last time I had much to do with a pregnancy, I was a precocious three year old indignant that patronizing nurses weren’t using the word uterus. So this chapter took a while to write. Hopefully I’m getting to points where I have a better grasp on how to write things.

Naturally, this required a bit of an expansion to the house, so I added a small house that presumably would have been for hired hands back when this was a farmhouse. I also reorganized the main house a bit.

I'll try to fit Agnes's new fashion choices into a special update after the next one (alongside with Child pictures for Denise and Toddler pictures for Lise and Charles) since I'm at the picture limit at present. She's also taken the midlife crisis LTW and switched to Hopeless Romantic, Photographer's Eye, Savvy Sculptor, Artistic, Nurturing, with her LTW switched to visionary- She's at 9/10 painting and rapidly maxed photography via the multitab, so she's pretty close.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 10:42:53 PM »
You have a full house now  :P

Your dynasty  is coming along nicely

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 02:13:42 PM »
You have a full house now  :P

Your dynasty  is coming along nicely
Thanks. Managing all those sims and pets is starting to get a little overwhelming. I'm kind of looking forward to when Claire and Gabby pass away so I have two fewer entities to take care of, to be honest.

Requirements-wise, both Victor and Lise are up to date on their artwork (I'm a little ahead of the updates, so Victor is 2 days from Adult and Lise is halfway through Toddler). Victor is making decent progress on his supermax and career- He's less than $1,000 away from promotion to Gardener 8 and the second generation of money trees that will hopefully not glitch out are on their way to adulthood (Unfortunately that means I need to have someone else harvest them, which is kind of annoying). He's 75% of the way to Alchemy 10, although he does have a fair amount of elixir-making and throwing to do if he's going to supermax it (On the plus side, if I really need to, he's already supermaxed gardening, so I can always just lock the garden away from other immortals if I can't supermax alchemy in time). I think he's currently at 8 best friends after a Potent Friendship Elixir-throwing spree, but a couple of those are likely to die before he's ready to eat ambrosia. He's got 4/6 black ops done, although I'm kind of kicking myself for teaching him logic so he can tutor the kids during winter because that's going to slow down getting the omni-plant (He also managed to get a level of handiness somewhere along the line before I took away the multitab >:().

I could actually make ambrosia now since Emma knows the recipe and I have both ingredients, but I'd have nowhere to store it since the only food replicator in the house is being used for baked angelfood cakes.

As far as the next update goes, I haven't quite reached the end of the next chapter in-game, and then of course I have to write it, but it should be up by the end of the week. After that I've got quite a few outfit pictures backlogged, and I finally got Gabby to sit in front of certain items long enough for me to take a screenshot, so I should be able to do the interlude not long after, which should give us our first look at our narrator.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 06:49:33 PM »
Chapter 4: Learning and Growing

The next portion of the Phlogiston Archive deal mostly with the personal lives of those living on the old farm. With two infants and a toddler on the old farm, Victor, Agnes, Claire, and Emma had their hands full. Between taking care of the children, work, and household chores, Victor had little time for research. His research notes primarily deal with Lise’s accomplishments; her first steps, her first words, teaching her to use the toilet. Much of the remainder is a love letter to Agnes. The two grew closer in caring for Lise. I have included a handful of photographs and a few selections from Victor’s logs and Agnes’s diary below.

Lise learning to use a toilet on a primitive training potty.

Victor posing for a portrait painted by Agnes. I am unsure if the portrait survived, but photographic record of this and a number of other portraits is located elsewhere in the archive.

Lise continues to grow. She is learning to speak quickly. I am proud to say she has moved from simple repetition to phrases.  I am so proud of her progress.

From the Diary of Agnes Phlogiston

Lise walked into my arms for the first time today. She is a treasure. When I hold her in my arms, I feel as if everything is right in the world. When I hear her talk to me, I cannot help but smile. When she giggles as she looks at my artwork, when her little hands run along my sculptures…

Caring for little Lise has taken up so much of our time. But Agnes and I still make time for each other. The other night as she worked on her sculptures, I complimented her on her hands… and then she was leaping into my arms.

We are still very much in love. I… cannot imagine life without Agnes. I won’t.

One thing of note that did happen during this period was official recognition of the Phlogistons. Victor recieved recognition for his continuing work in alchemy, while Agnes was recognized for her sculptural work.

I had no idea how to work Victor and Agnes completing their lifetime wishes into the narrative. But, they did, and here are the images of them just after Agnes hit 10 Painting and completed Visionary and when Victor used his 50th Elixir.
Also present in the archive are a number of photographs of Denise. While neither Claire nor Denise kept written records, these photographs offer a glimpse into the lives of those living with the Phlogistons.

Claire and Denise embracing.

Denise playing pretend with the aid of faniciful costumes.

Denise began practicing with a paintbrush at an early age. Records show this skill would serve her well later in life.

Denise's first driving lesson with her mother.

Still, children grow up eventually, and as fate would have it, Lise and Charles’s first day of school fell on the same day as Denise’s first day of high school.

A Photograph taken of the children the night before their first day of school.

Additional Commentary: This update covers a bit more time than the previous ones- Mostly skilling and day-to-day stuff. She’s also going to do some running around with a movie camera, which will allow me to fit regular conversations into the update without raising the question of where our narrator got transcripts.

I didn’t realize until I was actually writing this update that I didn’t get any images of Charles aside from group shots. I wasn’t taking many screenshots near the end, and Emma’s work schedule meant she took a bit longer than Lise to learn toddler skills. I’ll make sure to grab some Photos of him as a kid.

Speaking of which, before I get to Lise’s first day of school, I’m going to do a brief interlude starring the narrator. I won’t spoil too much for you, but suffice it to say these will allow me to show a few things happening that wouldn’t really fit in the narrative, as well as give a face to the narrator himself

By the way; I’ve accumulated a lot of outfit photographs and done some more work on the house, in addition to starting to build the Immortal’s Museum- Would anyone like to see a special update dealing with that stuff? I’d include it here, but by the time I post screenshots of the lot they’re out of date, and Pictures of everyone’s outfit either take up a lot of the allotted images for an individual post or take a bit of work with an image editor to condense.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 01:34:43 AM »
I think an update with all the 'extra stuff' would be great. Always interesting to see the museum etc. Only if you've got the time, I know how time consuming writing a story is! :)

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 11:23:16 PM »
If you are inclined to do, I would like to see it, but do not push yourself.

And you woke my interest with the coming interlude.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 10:50:07 AM »
Just a quick update- This project is still very much alive; it's just that academic concerns have put a bit of a halt on my ability to play much, which has in turn slowed updates because my primary motivation to update was because there was too much of a backlog. I may be able to write something this week during a trip in the car, or during a slow time during vacation.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 07:44:41 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Squark - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 3 Dynasty and Legacy Challenge Stories