Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 51963 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 3.5. Dinky John (8/23)
« Reply #450 on: August 23, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »
Logical progression:  after #1 comes Dinky John.  Esmee should get a job in education to teach all of the little children gnomes how real math works!
Another lovely update!  Thanks for making me smile and/or laugh every single time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #452 on: September 25, 2015, 08:57:43 AM »
Sam is cute, but too bad she and Katrina have to come right around the time of NEW PUPPY. <3
That's the quality content that keeps me coming back. ;)

That's perfectly understandable! I mean, puppies, right?
I find myself forgetting about the babies sometimes when I play the game. Oops.

You pack so much wonderfulness into a chapter!

Aaw, thank you :) appreciate it!

Logical progression:  after #1 comes Dinky John.  Esmee should get a job in education to teach all of the little children gnomes how real math works!
Another lovely update!  Thanks for making me smile and/or laugh every single time!

Esmée knows how to do the maths.
You're welcome Pippin - it means so much that I can make people laugh and smile :) Thank you for the nice words.

Dinky John. That makes total sense  :o And hooray for puppies!!

I know, right? Dinky John and puppies - everything is right and logical and beautiful.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #453 on: October 02, 2015, 04:26:41 PM »
3.6. A Day at the Park

Louise: Hello everyone, and welcome to the wonderful world of the Hollanders. You thought they were gone for good and that you could finally be free to live a normal life? Ha, fool you, I’m never giving up, and neither are they. Today, Kristy’s becoming slightly looney, so the best course of action seemed to be to get her to take Sam on a walk to the park.
Samantha: OH MY WORD, look at the stones. That is phenomenally exciting. Are those CHIPMUNKS? Oh, WOW…

Samantha: AN ICE CREAM TRUCK. I repeat: ICE CREAM TRUCK. This is not a drill, holy freaking automobiles it’s-
Kristy: I already regret this. Where’s Mr. Brick when I need him…

Louise: But who cares anyway because THERE’S A PUPPY. It is not a drill. There is a cute lil’ puppy that dumped out of a sparkly cloud that is apparently Mrs. Skinny’s womb.
Mrs. Skinny: I’m not very excited.
Puppy: I’ve just been born, so?

Louise: This is a little male baby puppy who’s so cute and adorable I almost feel like it would be a shame to use the usual terrible pet name generator.
Puppy: :D
Louise: I said almost. I’m still using it. So welcome to the world, Big Nala!
Big Nala: D:

Louise: I’ve never had dogs have puppies before and it’s the cutest junk they do. Like when Mister Lana snuggles him in the bed. Lookit that. Look at how cute. Why would I ever deal with the family with these cuties being so cute?

Louise: Send help. I’m over-dosing on cute.

Kristy: The best antidote for cute is stupid. See?
Louise: Why are you suddenly walking without the freaking stroller and how did you get your foot stuck in the ground?
Kristy: I’m just trying to help.
Louise: Well, I guess it IS helping. You really are dangerously stupid.

Louise: So yeah, Kristy and Sam take a walk to the Leslie Hollander Memorial Park. Wow, people really do honour her memory, don’t they?
Kristy: I thought you just made this park yourself because-
Louise: Shush! Memory! Honouring!

Louise: Just like… acknowledging that there are some dumb signs in this game.

Louise: No fishing in the sandbox, lunatics. I know, I know, I am funny.
Kristy: No, you’re not.
Louise: You’re just mad because I’m not going to make a park in your honour.

Samantha: THIS IS SO EXCITING.
Louise: Aww, Sam’s no puppy, but she’s pretty cute all the same.

Kristy: You rock that ride thing, kiddo. Woooo!
Samantha: Oh goodness, I think there’s a rock over there. Oh my goodness it’s so THRILLING…
Louise: There in the background, you find Trish and Tofu. I really don’t know what’s up with those two.

Louise: I keep getting messages that they’re at each other’s throat, but then you see something like this, and? Also pretty sure this is Trish’ second pregnancy with the vegetarian-friendly named imaginary friend.

Louise: Oh, Trish, what has story progression done to you?
Trish: I guess it’s turned me into a medical professional with a second child on the way and a loving relationship with a man my sister dreamed up.
Louise: You happy?
Trish: *Sobbing*

Louise: Well, all this loving I find truly inspiring, and that’s why it seems in order to finally get the two gnome-makers together.
Farouk: Will you marry me and be the bestest of gnome mates forever.
Esmée: Oooh, that is such a lovely sparkle. But no.
Louise: … wait, what?
Esmée: This is all wrong. You need to be more gnomey…

Esmée: Just come over here and stand… there. Yes. Right there and then. Tadaa – let’s get married!
Farouk: YES! Oh yes I’d like that a lot. Weeee, this is amazing, friend :D
Esmée: I love you, my super gnome friend.

Louise: And so, Esmée and Farouk finally get married while Esmée’s trusty gnomes look on as she marries her gnome consort.

Gustave: Ah, sacre bleu, young love is so beautiful!
Kristy: *cries* If only Mr. Brick was here for this b-beautiful moment. My little girl…
Louise: You guys couldn’t even put on some decent clothing for this grand event? Oh, who am I kidding, of course not…

Esmée: Do you promise to be my gnome consort until I get bored with you?
Farouk: Sure, friend! I do.
Esmée: Then I declare that you’re my gnome consort and I declare that I’m your queen. The end!
Louise: And thus ends a very… different wedding.

Louise: Have a puppy before you go.
Big Nala: What… what is this house? What madness?
Louise: Oh, don’t worry, puppy, you’ll be just fine. Everyone does – or they succumb to the madness like Kristy and start talking to bricks.
Big Nala: *whimper*
Louise: Right, I’ll sign off for now. Next time, the Hollander taint is spread further abroad, we see one of the girls ageing up, and there are quite possibly some more pictures of the poor puppy. See you then, everyone!

Author's note: Hi everyone! I'm back. Uni's pretty crazy lately and that's why things aren't updated so often. (I have about 200 pages to read per week and 4-6 hours of transport to uni three times a week). Moreover, last time I opened the game and definitely felt like playing, the game bugged the flip out and I had to use a backup. Anyway...
The puppy seems to sleep with his eyes open! I mean, it's probably a wise thing to do in the Hollander house, but I still say it's probably a glitch.
Another thing is, Rachyl finally (aided by a mod) aged into elder:

And her daughter Noemi became an adult:

And yeah, I built that park myself. They all wanted to go for a stroll with the stroller and I wanted somewhere to send them - thus Leslie's memorial park came about. A pretty silly place, as you can imagine.

So yeah, I'll see you for the next update, which I've already started writing - with luck, it won't be so long before I get it done :) see ya then!

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 3.6. A Day at the Park (10/2)
« Reply #454 on: October 02, 2015, 06:37:51 PM »
I've noticed that a lot of dogs sleep with their eyes open, but I've also seen it only in really crazy households.

Samantha was unfortunately upstaged by the precious baby dog. Which is too bad, because she's a lovely baby human.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #455 on: October 02, 2015, 07:17:07 PM »
Big Nala just looks so scared and curled up in fetal position.  Nala should rest assured that Esmee is in charge, so everything will be fine  :=)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #456 on: October 03, 2015, 02:50:45 AM »
I've noticed that a lot of dogs sleep with their eyes open, but I've also seen it only in really crazy households.

Samantha was unfortunately upstaged by the precious baby dog. Which is too bad, because she's a lovely baby human.

I've never seen it before, but poor Big Nala really looks super distressed :P I dare say it must be the crazy (already) getting to him!

Yeah, it's hard to be cuter than a puppy. I do love Sam, she's a doll, but Big Nala just gets way more screenshots. Oops :3

Big Nala just looks so scared and curled up in fetal position.  Nala should rest assured that Esmee is in charge, so everything will be fine  :=)

Right? He just looks super distressed and upset and I feel so bad for him :P I don't know if Esmée being in charge will really comfort him, though :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2015, 12:32:06 PM »
Big Nala is just adorable. Reminds me of one of my puppies, Dimples  ;D

He's so very cute and like all puppies I could just take a bajillion pictures :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2015, 02:55:33 PM »
@notjustabook where are you Lou? RL taking the steam outta you? I hope your Uni problems get sorted to some sort of reasonably acceptable recourse... Miss you stax <3
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2015, 03:35:56 AM »
@notjustabook where are you Lou? RL taking the steam outta you? I hope your Uni problems get sorted to some sort of reasonably acceptable recourse... Miss you stax <3

I'm totally okay, Mags :) Half the time I'm stressing, the other half I can hardly be bothered to do anything. I'm not gone and I'm not giving up on the Hollanders :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #461 on: November 28, 2015, 02:18:10 PM »
I keep trying to use my Tapatalk for Android to reply to this, but if you read my technical issues thread, you'll see that TA hates me lol but I still live in hope...

Anyway, I'm glad you're ok/fine, although stressed and could care doesn't sound all that great to me :-( it sounds like me before I was diagnosed manic depressive lol

I hope your Varsity woes sort themselves out quickly, so you can take time to relax and catch up with the fun things in life (both RL and here lol)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #462 on: December 25, 2015, 04:18:27 AM »

Hiya guys,
I know it's been bad this past half year. Updates are scarce because of my school and troubles, but also because I'm currently in the process of getting a driver's license. Lots of stress and worrying over whether I can do it or not!
But I thought I'd drop in and hand over a little Hollander Christmas greeting. I hope you're all doing really well and have a great time during the holidays. My time's still scarce and I'm very busy, but I'll do my best to get back to updates once I get my exams and license under control. Until then, have fun and a great time with family and friends.

Love to ya all,
~Louise & The Hollanders

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2016, 02:23:27 PM »
Hi guys,
For now, I don't think I'm going to be doing more on this story. I've been ruining it for myself with all the dogs. Yeah, they're cute and I like them, but nobody cares about the sim characters anymore because my writing's not that good any longer. I'll probably be playing the Hollanders by myself. I'm so glad for all the support and fun I've had writing this story. I'm just not feeling it any more. So, glad to have had y'all onboard, but it's just not a time for Hollanders anymore.
Cheers,
~Louise