Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195701 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2015, 12:11:42 PM »
For me, the alien option is probably the easiest to complete because it fits nicely with my regular play style. Although I've had the game since day 1, I have not played with the retail stuff until now. I'm still not sure I like it. To me, that's the hardest option since they have to both max a career and run a successful business. Mansion Baron is just amassing as much money as possible. I say Alien is easier for me because I've never really been very interested in making my Sims rich, so focusing so much on money is a little boring to me. I've started with one of each option, but I may wind up scrapping this save and going with the 3 aliens like callycat did. We'll see.

A sure-fire way to meet aliens without the science career OR going to Sixam is to go to the nightclub in Willow Creek frequently. Most of the aliens are young adults and that's what gets generated the most at the nightclub. Strike up a conversation and if you have options like "discuss weird atmospheric pressure" or "discuss brain power" (these will have a little alien icon on them), then you know the other Sim is an alien. It's faster than waiting until you can go to Sixam. There are always aliens in disguise working in the science lab, too. You can join the career, meet some aliens, and then quit if that isn't the career you're pursuing with that Sim.

These suggestions may not work after the patch in a new save file. My game is generating very few townies and many are elders. Also, now the Science lab seems to be employing mostly premades (at least in my game). I know EA did some tweaking to fill NPC slots with preexisting Sims in order to address culling, but it's a little annoying to find Nina Caliente, Dennis Kim, and Vivian Lewis working in the lab. Guess I'd better get my rocket built sooner rather than later!

Usually, at the Blue Velvet, a few young adult Sims would be generated on each load. Now, the only Sims there when my Sim went were premades and only 2 Sims were actually visiting the lot. Frustrating.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2015, 12:19:56 PM »
These suggestions may not work after the patch in a new save file. My game is generating very few townies and many are elders. Also, now the Science lab seems to be employing mostly premades (at least in my game). I know EA did some tweaking to fill NPC slots with preexisting Sims in order to address culling, but it's a little annoying to find Nina Caliente, Dennis Kim, and Vivian Lewis working in the lab. Guess I'd better get my rocket built sooner rather than later!

Usually, at the Blue Velvet, a few young adult Sims would be generated on each load. Now, the only Sims there when my Sim went were premades and only 2 Sims were actually visiting the lot. Frustrating.

Ouch. Time for me to start breeding a few future spouses, I think! Fortunately the older Landgraabs just popped their clogs at the latest wedding (always have to be the centre of attention, those two), so I have plenty of space.
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »
Same in my game, it wont populate the world that much anymore.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2015, 12:37:31 PM »
For me, the alien option is probably the easiest to complete because it fits nicely with my regular play style. Although I've had the game since day 1, I have not played with the retail stuff until now. I'm still not sure I like it. To me, that's the hardest option since they have to both max a career and run a successful business. Mansion Baron is just amassing as much money as possible. I say Alien is easier for me because I've never really been very interested in making my Sims rich, so focusing so much on money is a little boring to me. I've started with one of each option, but I may wind up scrapping this save and going with the 3 aliens like callycat did. We'll see.

A sure-fire way to meet aliens without the science career OR going to Sixam is to go to the nightclub in Willow Creek frequently. Most of the aliens are young adults and that's what gets generated the most at the nightclub. Strike up a conversation and if you have options like "discuss weird atmospheric pressure" or "discuss brain power" (these will have a little alien icon on them), then you know the other Sim is an alien. It's faster than waiting until you can go to Sixam. There are always aliens in disguise working in the science lab, too. You can join the career, meet some aliens, and then quit if that isn't the career you're pursuing with that Sim.

The science lab is still your best bet for aliens. Using "contact aliens" on the satellite once you've made it will sometimes bring aliens to the lab. Also, once you get to level 6, I think, you'll have aliens in disguise in your lab. Using "contact aliens" on the wormhole generator can also bring an alien through.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »
@MarianT  the game mechanics have been tweaked re:aliens appearing in disguised form in the most recent patch. That's why building a rocket and getting to Sixam as fast as possible is probably the best option for finding an alien spouse.  I think 'contact aliens' is still working but even that doesn't seem to be generating nearly the same amount of aliens etc. When I read about this in the patch notes my heart sank as I figured then that finding aliens in our games was going to become very difficult.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »
Same in my game, it wont populate the world that much anymore.

From what I can tell, brand new game files (made after the patch) are acting quite different to existing files. The new files are populating townies on venue lots and filling empty houses really well. Maybe clearing your cache files and repairing your game through origin will help with your existing file.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »
I really noticed the lack of choice when  it comes to finding a suitable partner.  Not a fan of some of the differences.  I also had to get my Mansion Baron guy to age up a teenager to find a suitable mate!  Even then her traits were childish, romantic and art lover but that was the best I could find.  So many of the young women he met also had the 'hates children' trait and a lot had the 'slob' trait.  It was kind of frustrating.  By the end of the second week I at least got him married  :)  As for my Alien it's been two weeks and no partner.  There is not even one Alien at his work in the Science career, and since when did Don Lothario become a Lab Technician???  I had my Alien guy spend all of Saturday building a rocket so he can get to Sixam ASAP just before I had to switch over to my Retail Option guy.
Has anyone else noticed how quick they water plants now??  It makes skilling up the gardening level a LOT harder.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2015, 07:12:55 PM »
crstasse, I restarted my file and spent the first few days with my alien just upgrading the space ship (before dumping him in the astronaut career). By the end of the week, he was ready to upgrade the ship with a wormhole generator.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2015, 07:20:39 PM »
@crstasse spamming interactions on the cow plant over and over again will level gardening skill up as will collecting wild plants. Maybe try getting into a routine with your gardening sim where they run around collection plants in the area they live as soon as they become harvestable as the skilling up doesn't rely on how many flowers (or whatever) your sim collects just the fact they are harvesting. I know that is sometimes really hard to do when your sim is hungry, tired etc after work but it will be quicker than just gardening to level up the skill.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2015, 03:25:15 AM »
dontmindme - In hindsight what you did would be the way to go, but I'm in my third week now so I'll plod along.  I haven't played his third week yet and he's still a young adult at this stage, so hopefully it will be okay.  At least he's build the rocket ship now  :)

Playalot - I didn't even think of the cow plant!  That's a really great idea.  Thanks a lot for the advice.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2015, 08:45:04 AM »
I added tips for finding an alien spouse to the "hints and tips" thread. The easiest way will probably come with Get Together. Apparently "alien" is a hidden trait, so you'll be able to make a "club" of aliens. Just don't include your rivals!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2015, 09:32:26 AM »
I added tips for finding an alien spouse to the "hints and tips" thread. The easiest way will probably come with Get Together. Apparently "alien" is a hidden trait, so you'll be able to make a "club" of aliens...

Nice! Break it down, Locutus. Resistance is futile. :)

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2015, 08:07:26 PM »
I added tips for finding an alien spouse to the "hints and tips" thread. The easiest way will probably come with Get Together. Apparently "alien" is a hidden trait, so you'll be able to make a "club" of aliens. Just don't include your rivals!

I'm sure it's a silly question, but where is the hints and tips thread? I did look, but haven't been able to find it!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2015, 09:36:01 PM »
It's here:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/board,97.0.html

Thank you! I knew I'd seen it before, just couldn't find my way back to it.