Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 195319 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2015, 02:10:06 AM »
@Playalot you can read mine without worry there is no strategy in it yet :P

But i look forward to your try on it too, and the stories are interesting, all so different until now :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »
No one has asked yet, but in case you're wondering, all the content in Get Together is allowed for this challenge. So, yes, you can form clubs, get club perks, etc.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2015, 01:39:28 PM »
I am a little confused re the Mansion Baron option:
Only founders (your 3 starting sims) do not need to complete unique aspiration.  Yes, they are allowed to switch aspirations around for points.

So the founder can switch aspirations however they like (but not complete any of the future heirs' aspirations) as long as they complete the Mansion Baron aspiration at some point?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »
I am a little confused re the Mansion Baron option:
Only founders (your 3 starting sims) do not need to complete unique aspiration.  Yes, they are allowed to switch aspirations around for points.

So the founder can switch aspirations however they like (but not complete any of the future heirs' aspirations) as long as they complete the Mansion Baron aspiration at some point?

Assuming that your founder has chosen the Mansion Baron option, yes.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2015, 02:20:36 PM »
A sure-fire way to meet aliens without the science career OR going to Sixam is to go to the nightclub in Willow Creek frequently. Most of the aliens are young adults and that's what gets generated the most at the nightclub. Strike up a conversation and if you have options like "discuss weird atmospheric pressure" or "discuss brain power" (these will have a little alien icon on them), then you know the other Sim is an alien. It's faster than waiting until you can go to Sixam. There are always aliens in disguise working in the science lab, too. You can join the career, meet some aliens, and then quit if that isn't the career you're pursuing with that Sim.

I just noticed this on a read through the thread looking for something - isn't it only the 'Secret Handshake' option with the alien face that means the sim you're talking to is also an alien? The others come up if the sim talking is an alien (though only with young adults or older, I think).
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2015, 02:41:47 PM »
Yes, only if the "secret handshake" with the alien face comes up does it meant that your alien sim is talking to another alien.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2015, 03:30:14 PM »
Added:

If you want to play in Windenburg, you may bulldoze the gym in order to get 15 empty residential lots. You'll have to change the lot designation to "residential", too.

Does it have to be the gym?    Can you remodel existing venues there?  Is there a link that tells you how to delete a Sim while in CAS  once you've chosen the alien option? 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2015, 06:45:37 PM »
Added:

If you want to play in Windenburg, you may bulldoze the gym in order to get 15 empty residential lots. You'll have to change the lot designation to "residential", too.

Does it have to be the gym?    Can you remodel existing venues there?  Is there a link that tells you how to delete a Sim while in CAS  once you've chosen the alien option? 

We decided on the gym because there are already gyms in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. The challenge team is considering whether community lots in both the Immortal Dynasty and the Rival Dynasties Challenge can be modified more than has been previously allowed.

As for deleting the normal sim in CAS after you've created an alien, all you have to do is click on the x on the sim's small picture in the lower left hand corner.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »
Added:

We decided on the gym because there are already gyms in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. The challenge team is considering whether community lots in both the Immortal Dynasty and the Rival Dynasties Challenge can be modified more than has been previously allowed.

As for deleting the normal sim in CAS after you've created an alien, all you have to do is click on the x on the sim's small picture in the lower left hand corner.

If it would be allowed, I would prefer to delete the Pool which gives another 40x30 lot.  It also would be useful for any of the bloodline options.

I saw that X but thought it would delete them both!  So I went into manage worlds and got rid of the human that way.  Is that ok?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2015, 07:55:30 PM »

I saw that X but thought it would delete them both!  So I went into manage worlds and got rid of the human that way.  Is that ok?

That's fine.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2015, 02:28:34 PM »
There are several "bugs" currently affecting many people's games.  One of them has to do with the toilet and so far the only way to stop that particularly one is to delete all the toilets on your lot.  This could make it really difficult to continue playing this challenge.  Everyone would have to have steel bladder and then delete their toilets.  Until this is fixed can we use a cheat to obtain steel bladder for our Sims, please.

The second "bug" is the return of the refrigerator bug.  You can no longer place food in your refrigerator.  This is a return of an old bug.  I've tried deleting and replacing refrigerators, cleaned out cache files and repaired game but it's still there.  If your Sim is in retail and doing a bakery he/she might not be able to stock the baked goods.  The bakery case or display shelves can be stocked but so far you can neither refrigerate nor just drag to a sink or garbage can to deal with prepared food.  You also can not queue cooking commands.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »
Have you tried repairing your game? That usually works for the refrigerator bug.

I have the toilet bug, too, and I agree that it's annoying. But I don't think it's necessary to change the rules yet. This is a bug that will probably get fixed pretty soon.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2015, 03:21:09 PM »
I have removed files, cleaned caches, and done repair game.  My RD is just brand new so I'm going to remove my current file, (save to a folder), and start over with same people.  I had downloaded a house of mine that I had remodeled, (I remodeled a bakery to become a house), and had gotten the Landgraab's to move in in order to buy it.  So my next shot is going to be no Landgraab's (it's been reported moving in people is causing issues), and no download from my library, (it's been reported downloaded homes whether Maxis or ones you built yourself), are causing issues. 

So without steel bladder how are your Sims taking care of potty needs?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2015, 03:50:21 PM »
I cancel the action when I see it. But you could remove the toilets anyway. For me, the problem has been that they get the action to pee even when their bladder need is fully green. So you could just send them to a community lot when they go into orange.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »
SimGuruDaniel has confirmed he is looking into the toilet bug right now. I also gave my sims the steel bladder reward and removed all the toilets. Doing this also seemed to fix the bug with queuing up interactions so now multiple interactions 'orders' are staying queued and working as they should.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything