Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 192857 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
For the Mansion Baron option - I only have 7 party options, which means I can only have one heir, maximum. How do I work around this, aside from hoping a different bloodline wins?

It's 3 unique parties per generation/bloodline. 

Example:
Founder -- Birthday, Dinner, Wedding.  (Yes)
Heir 1 -- Birthday, Dinner, Wedding.  (Yes)

Founder -- Birthday, Birthday, Birthday.  (No)

If you have 3 mansion options:
Founder A -- Birthday, Dinner, Wedding.  (Yes)
Founder B -- Birthday, Dinner, Wedding.  (Yes)
Founder C -- Birthday, Dinner, Wedding.  (Yes)

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2015, 11:10:07 PM »
ooooh okay. That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »
Regarding Helpers - I saw that helpers can't move with the heir.  Can the same helpers move in later with any heir in the bloodline?  Or are helpers forever off limits in terms of being helpers again?  And if they are off limits - are they off limits just to that bloodline, or to all bloodlines?

Your heir can ask members from the previous household to move in after moving to a new lot. And heirs from other households can marry spares or helpers' children from other households. The only thing you can't do is move a heir from one bloodline in with another heir. And you have to keep the founders on their original lots.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »
What the easiest way to check this?

B. Retail Option (requires GTW). Your sims want to reach the top of the SimWealth 500 list with their retail stores. To complete this option:

1. Each family store must be able to sell for $100,000 or more.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2015, 09:43:56 AM »
In reply to Joria - I had to do a start over again as I didn't realise that the careers had to be unique across all blood lines!!  I don't know how I overlooked that  ???  But I did  ;D  But I'm doing better second time around and I started in the new town with the 'Get Together' expansion pack.  Good luck and don't despair.  Like you I suffer insominia too!!  I sometimes fall asleep whilst playing.  I did it the over night with my do over second attempt, but luckily in was still early Sunday morning.  You can't imagine my relief not to have do start over again for a third time  :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2015, 10:08:19 AM »
What the easiest way to check this?

B. Retail Option (requires GTW). Your sims want to reach the top of the SimWealth 500 list with their retail stores. To complete this option:

1. Each family store must be able to sell for $100,000 or more.

There's an option to sell the store. Click on that, and you'll see what the value is. You don't have to go through with selling it.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »
Well, I've decided to try this. However I am confused on how to do this

In CAS create 3 human or alien young adult Sims. You may give them whatever traits and aspirations you like. (To create aliens, start with the Sim already there, and click on "add Sim" in the bottom left. Pick the alien option and then delete the original Sim.) Save each Sim you create to your library.

I've gone in, I've created my first of the three founders and I have saved the sim to the library.

I click the tick (check) mark.

Which takes me to the game where I chose Newcrest. I then can't work out how to create the second and third founders.

Do I make them all as the one household and then split two of them off it into their own? Or do I do something else entirely? I'm sorry for what seems to me like a dumb question, as I'm probably missing something rather simple, but I'm a tribble of very little brain, to borrow from Pooh Bear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »
@Deklitch
Have you placed your first founder on the lot you want him/her to live on?

If not do so, if yes.

Click the menu button and choose manage world. Click on the lot for the second founder. In the right bottom corner of the screen there is a button called "create new household to move in" you will now be directed to CAS again.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »
@LenaLJ aha, that's what I was missing out on, clicking the lot for the second founder and so forth. Thanks.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2015, 11:45:01 PM »
Not sure if I have to start again, but my first family I played was pregnant when I left them and moved onto my second family and then the third. Out of interest I just hovered over the first family and noticed that they had twins! Now I will have no clue who the first born was because I didn't think to leave a bassinet before switching families.  :-[

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: December 16, 2015, 06:19:52 AM »
You might still be able to salvage it.  When you rotate back to the family, don't age up the babies manually, wait for the game to age them up naturally.  The first one to age up will obviously be your heir.

Let's hear from the rest of the team.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2015, 07:49:20 AM »
You might still be able to salvage it.  When you rotate back to the family, don't age up the babies manually, wait for the game to age them up naturally.  The first one to age up will obviously be your heir.

Let's hear from the rest of the team.

I agree with Nutella. The babies won't become children until you go back to that family. And we do advise people to leave one bassinet.

Offline sone

• Townie
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2015, 08:00:33 PM »
I have a question about teens moving out.  Do I move a townie into my household and then move them out with the teen, then delete the townie?  Or do I place a townie, move in the teen and then delete the townie?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2015, 08:22:41 PM »
After you get your founders set up, you can go back and start playing with your first sim immediately, right? You don't have to wait until Monday begins?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2015, 08:54:45 PM »
I have a question about teens moving out.  Do I move a townie into my household and then move them out with the teen, then delete the townie?  Or do I place a townie, move in the teen and then delete the townie?

Teen move in with a homeless townie, then delete townie after teen move to a new lot.

1- Manage World
2- Manage Household
3- Transfer Sims between Households
4- Select a townie on the right side (right column)
5- Select your teen on the left side (left column) and move teen to the right side with that townie.
6- Household Management (top right)
7- Select the townie / teen household
8- Click "edit"
9- In the CAS screen, delete (X) townie.
10- Click play
11- Select teen household again
12- Click move household into a lot
13- Choose your lot and you can start playing your teen on new lot.

I know it's a lot of steps, I am still trying to figure out if there is another way to do this. 

If you do it the other way (move townie in first), then your teen will start with more money, which is not good.

anything