Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 192748 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2016, 03:08:29 PM »
Okay, a couple more questions. I tried searching to see if this has been asked (since I'm still not thru all previous pages) and I couldn't find anything with search.

Can you keep any money that the spouse brings in when you marry?
Can you move in a random townie as a helper (I've seen helper mentioned, but no mention if you can move them in)?
If you can, can you keep any money they bring with them?

Yes, you can keep the money from the spouse and other helpers. But you can't move helpers out.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »
Thank you @MarianT! You are on top of it with the quick replies! :)

I'm about to wrap up week one and we're just now finding a suitable mate. Men sims are hard to come by, women seem to mostly what my sims meet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »
Thank you @MarianT! You are on top of it with the quick replies! :)

I'm about to wrap up week one and we're just now finding a suitable mate. Men sims are hard to come by, women seem to mostly what my sims meet.

SO TRUE! And meeting a male alien was the worst :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2016, 08:28:12 PM »
Announcement:

Hall of Fame Prize. All players who have made it into the Hall of Fame by the end of 2017 will be entered into a random drawing at the end of the year. One lucky player will be randomly chosen for a $50 Amazon gift card. It's the team's way of saying thank you to those who dedicate a serious investment of time to finish their dynasties. You don't have to write a story, but should be prepared to furnish a detailed account of your dynasty.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #424 on: January 10, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
I have been toying with the idea of starting a Rival Dynasties Challenge in a few weeks.
With the upcoming release of a Vampires Game Pack in two weeks, I wonder if one of the bloodlines could be a vampire sim.
Since there's barely any Vampire GP info yet, I realize the Challenges Team cannot make any decisions about a vampire bloodline.

Nothing like a challenge to force a player to quickly learn all the ins and outs of new content...
I'm just throwing the idea out for future consideration.  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #425 on: January 10, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
I have been toying with the idea of starting a Rival Dynasties Challenge in a few weeks.
With the upcoming release of a Vampires Game Pack in two weeks, I wonder if one of the bloodlines could be a vampire sim.
Since there's barely any Vampire GP info yet, I realize the Challenges Team cannot make any decisions about a vampire bloodline.

Nothing like a challenge to force a player to quickly learn all the ins and outs of new content...
I'm just throwing the idea out for future consideration.  ;D

Yes, we'll be thinking about a vampire bloodline (or should I say, plasmaline), but until we've examined the GP, we won't be in a position to set one up.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2017, 03:02:13 PM »
Oh, "plasmaline"!  Good one! lol
That's exciting to hear that the team's already thinking about incorporating vampires somehow. *crosses fingers

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: January 10, 2017, 03:19:05 PM »
I'm really excited to hear you'll be considering a vampire option! Of course, that would mean a re-start for me instead of continuing the file I started last year, but it be so worth it! Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2017, 03:11:54 PM »
After the Challenge Team gets a chance to play-test and discuss the new Toddlers feature, I look forward to hearing how the Challenge Team weaves the toddlers into the Rival Dynasties Challenge's rule set.
I'm in no hurry and am not trying to rush the team. Just a friendly comment.  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2017, 04:29:46 PM »
Added:

A nanny must be hired if there are toddlers or babies on the lot when the last teen or adult leaves the house.

In heir requirements:

As a toddler, the heir must max potty training (3 levels) and two skills (5 levels.)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #430 on: January 16, 2017, 01:26:01 PM »
So, um, this is probably a stupid question but in light of the additional week for each generation toddlers added and the new toddler requirements, could the challenge team revisit the idea of aging heirs up early after they've completed that life stage's requirements? The reason that I'm asking is because pre-toddler and if each family is going along at the same pace, it takes 15 weeks in game for an heir to grow up and to get ready for the next generation. With the Immortal and Townie Dynasties, 15 weeks of work gets you a third to nearly halfway through the challenge; here you are maybe a fifth. Now it takes six weeks from conception to YA. Another reason is that the Dynasty is supposed to be a race and I believe adding early age-ups increases the racing aspect. Otherwise, each family's progress is only determined by the difficulty of the skills, job, path, and aspiration chosen, two of which cannot repeat across families. Thanks for your time and I appreciate all that you guys do around here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #431 on: January 16, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
So, um, this is probably a stupid question but in light of the additional week for each generation toddlers added and the new toddler requirements, could the challenge team revisit the idea of aging heirs up early after they've completed that life stage's requirements? The reason that I'm asking is because pre-toddler and if each family is going along at the same pace, it takes 15 weeks in game for an heir to grow up and to get ready for the next generation. With the Immortal and Townie Dynasties, 15 weeks of work gets you a third to nearly halfway through the challenge; here you are maybe a fifth. Now it takes six weeks from conception to YA. Another reason is that the Dynasty is supposed to be a race and I believe adding early age-ups increases the racing aspect. Otherwise, each family's progress is only determined by the difficulty of the skills, job, path, and aspiration chosen, two of which cannot repeat across families. Thanks for your time and I appreciate all that you guys do around here.

I've passed along your suggestion to the rest of the Challenge Team. Watch this space.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2017, 09:59:03 AM »
Note -- if you're concerned that the additional 7 days for a toddler might cause your founder or heir to die before the next generation can move out, keep in mind that it's okay to use the Potion of Youth reward one time after the Sim becomes an elder.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
Added:

Babies may not be aged up early. After that, toddlers, children, and teens may be aged up as soon as they've completed their requirements. In the teen's case, these are all the requirements for moving out.

Thanks to @dontmindme's suggestion, we've changed the rule against aging up early and replaced it with the above. Since teens will now be aged up to young adults when they're ready to move out, we also took out the rule allowing teens to move out early.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #434 on: January 26, 2017, 05:43:10 PM »
The Rival Dynasty spreadsheet is now updated for Toddlers. Sorry for the delay, i had to solve some complications in the sheet first.

anything