Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 194932 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2017, 09:59:12 AM »
@oshizu If you have enough money, you can purchase the unlocked Science career room and then delete everything but the chemistry lab. I've used that method as a workaround.

If you don't go into live mode you won't actually lose any money other than the $1000 for the lab itself.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2017, 05:26:28 PM »
@reggikko

That is really amazing news! Thank you so much for sharing that! I'm really excited to try it out!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #542 on: April 07, 2017, 03:53:11 AM »
Hello Everyone! I apologise if this has already been asked.. but I can't seem to find it. It's more of a 'I wonder' than I believe it to be true question.. I know that Vampires are unable to purchase rewards with their satisfaction points, but what about if they are still a child and haven't become a vampire yet? Are they able to use whatever points they have earned up to their Teen birthday to purchase some or am I just squeezing the rules a bit too much? ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #543 on: April 07, 2017, 05:13:48 AM »
@KTK10
I asked question somewhat similar to what you're wondering about:
Question #2:
May a pre-teen child living in the vampire household buy traits, if they're not born vampires?
(Reply #496, Feb 20, 2017)

This is how @MarianT replied:
No, vampire children should not buy reward traits that will still be effective when they're adults.

I feel your pain!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #544 on: April 07, 2017, 05:23:53 AM »
haha @oshizu!! I knew that it was a long shot! Sorry I missed it on the thread! Thanks for such a quick reply  ;D

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #545 on: April 09, 2017, 05:39:20 PM »
So, yes, this is random, but I have moved out 2/3 Gen Two heirs so far (don't think the third is going to make it their week but I have hope)! Gen 3 is coming and this is officially the furthest I've gone in any Sims 4 challenge/dynasty. Now I need to stop obsessing over which townie/spare combinations make the best babies for other lines to use because man that is taking up my time.

Also, quick question. I am playing the Hunter bloodline and I was wondering if aliens could marry and produce heirs. The reason I'm asking this instead of doing it is because I am also playing an Alien bloodline and I wasn't sure if the species were supposed to remain separate. Thanks!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #546 on: April 09, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »
@dontmindme

I can't answer your question about aliens but I just wanted to congratulate you on reaching Gen3! I'm rooting your third Gen2 heir gets to move out during the same week as the others!
Lol, how can you help but obsess over making the optimum matches? Isn't that one of the funnest parts?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #547 on: April 09, 2017, 05:58:15 PM »
@oshizu lol, yes, creating the perfect combinations is a lot of fun. The problem, however, comes when one has very limited time with which to play the game and would like to complete the challenge before summer is over. Thanks for the well wishes! The Alien founder needs to go from 6->10 this week for Gen 2 to move out so if he makes it, I will be really surprised and thrilled. I'm not complaining anyway, the Alien Gen 2 is about three days younger than his counterparts so technically if he moves out the beginning of Week 5, he's taken the same time as them.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2017, 08:03:59 PM »
So, yes, this is random, but I have moved out 2/3 Gen Two heirs so far (don't think the third is going to make it their week but I have hope)! Gen 3 is coming and this is officially the furthest I've gone in any Sims 4 challenge/dynasty. Now I need to stop obsessing over which townie/spare combinations make the best babies for other lines to use because man that is taking up my time.

Also, quick question. I am playing the Hunter bloodline and I was wondering if aliens could marry and produce heirs. The reason I'm asking this instead of doing it is because I am also playing an Alien bloodline and I wasn't sure if the species were supposed to remain separate. Thanks!

Sure, you can have aliens in the Vampire Hunter line (I think that's what you're asking). Hybrid aliens are fine, too. Congrats on moving out Gen 2!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2017, 11:06:18 PM »
One more question! Okay, say I have an heir who has completed all of their move out/age up requirements. Their parent (the founder in this case) still has a couple of career levels to achieve before maxing the career and completing their requirements.

So, 1: As Heir 2 has completed all of their requirements, are they allowed to age up early even if they cannot move out due to parental lag?

2: If they are allowed to age up early, are they also allowed to join a career and begin that portion of their adult requirements or do they need to wait until they move out to start on their adult stuff? I'm asking in this case for the Alien bloodline. I know they can't marry/have kids nor work on their Rocket Ship (because they need their own property) but can they begin their career?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #550 on: April 10, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »
One more question! Okay, say I have an heir who has completed all of their move out/age up requirements. Their parent (the founder in this case) still has a couple of career levels to achieve before maxing the career and completing their requirements.

So, 1: As Heir 2 has completed all of their requirements, are they allowed to age up early even if they cannot move out due to parental lag?

2: If they are allowed to age up early, are they also allowed to join a career and begin that portion of their adult requirements or do they need to wait until they move out to start on their adult stuff? I'm asking in this case for the Alien bloodline. I know they can't marry/have kids nor work on their Rocket Ship (because they need their own property) but can they begin their career?

I'd say the answer to both your questions is yes. And if your alien heir gets pregnant by abduction, he'll be able to take the child with him when he moves out and have the child be the next heir.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2017, 11:37:49 PM »
@DON'tmindme   You always ask such great questions!

@MarianT   Thank you for your favorable replies to dontmindme's questions

I have a question of my own which I vaguely remember MarianT discussing but now I can't find the answer in this thread.
When my Gen2 heir moved out, her father (the founder) had already reached Level 9 of Gourmet Cooking.

Question:
Now that I'm play the heir's household, does it matter whether or not the founder maxes Gourmet Cooking? I want Gourmet Cooking to be a unique skill for another heir.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #552 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:30 AM »
@DON'tmindme   You always ask such great questions!

@MarianT   Thank you for your favorable replies to dontmindme's questions

I have a question of my own which I vaguely remember MarianT discussing but now I can't find the answer in this thread.
When my Gen2 heir moved out, her father (the founder) had already reached Level 9 of Gourmet Cooking.

Question:
Now that I'm play the heir's household, does it matter whether or not the founder maxes Gourmet Cooking? I want Gourmet Cooking to be a unique skill for another heir.

If you can avoid having your founder max Gourmet Cooking, you should. If he or she is close, I'd suggest choosing a different unique skill for your heir.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #553 on: April 13, 2017, 05:54:23 PM »
@MarianT

I have one question regarding your previous reply as well as a new question:

(1) When the Gen2 heir moved out, the founder (her father) had just reached Level 9 Gourmet Cooking. How would I know whether he's maxed it or not without playing his household again?

(2) May our sims contact Jasmine Holiday to take part in the latest Sims 4 Plantsim Challenge?  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28387.0

Thank you very much for always fielding my/our questions about this fantastic challenge!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #554 on: April 13, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
@MarianT

I have one question regarding your previous reply as well as a new question:

(1) When the Gen2 heir moved out, the founder (her father) had just reached Level 9 Gourmet Cooking. How would I know whether he's maxed it or not without playing his household again?

(2) May our sims contact Jasmine Holiday to take part in the latest Sims 4 Plantsim Challenge?  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28387.0

Thank you very much for always fielding my/our questions about this fantastic challenge!

As long as you don't know he's maxed Gourmet cooking, it's okay. But keep in mind that Sims can gain skills when you're not playing them.

I suppose PlantSims are okay for this challenge.