Author Topic: Is there a mod that makes the game save faster?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
Is there a mod that makes the game save faster?
« on: November 12, 2015, 10:28:32 AM »
People often criticize Skyrim for its atrocious load times.  But that game loads near instantaneously compared to the Sims 3!

But for me, the real atrocity isn't the load times, but rather, how long it takes to SAVE the game.

See, with Skyrim, I can simply press F5 and it will save the game instantly ... maybe with a slight hiccup, but only for about a second.

Sims 3, on the other hand, takes upwards of 2 minutes to save!

I wouldn't mind as much if it auto-saved.  But apparently EA hasn't caught onto the trend of auto-saving (which is weird, because that trend first got started in the PS2 era; manual saving with memory cards back then was still common, but games like Jak II set the precedent.).

Is there a mod that lets me save quicker?  Maybe even one that adds auto-saves to the game?

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Is there a mod that makes the game save faster?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 10:47:30 PM »
NRAAS has a configurable periodic save reminder mod, but the sort of auto-save you're talking about would need to be built into the engine from the ground up.

You might be able to find a load optimization mod, but I haven't looked for one.

I assume you've tried the load time improvement suggestions from the tech help thread already. If not, try those first.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »
I assume you've tried the load time improvement suggestions from the tech help thread already. If not, try those first.
What thread? I can't find it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:35:45 AM »
@acerthorn Squark may have been talking about this thread, linked below.

Sims 3 - Tips for Crashing, Lag and Other Misc Tips
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.0.html

It gives various tips on stuff to do to help reduce lag, crashing, slowdowns, etc. I would have suggested it sooner. However it sounds like you want something that will speed up saving your game. And I haven't found any tips for that particular problem. As the bigger your game save is, the longer it will take to save. That's just the nature of the game.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
I couldn't find anything in that thread showing how to make the game take less time saving, though.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 10:15:59 PM »
Right, I had a feeling nothing in that thread would of helped. As you are wanting something that will speed up saving your game. as I said earlier, I haven't found any tips that will help that particular problem. As there may not be much you can do to speed up the saving process.

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything