Author Topic: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Celebrity Chef)  (Read 40950 times)

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Red Hair Mania)
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
I've gotten quite adept at getting the very inspired mood before sending them to work, but I often find it slips into fine by the end.  I click on 'work hard' not sure if that has something to do with it?  I do find if the club is running and with the inspired perk she will stay at least inspired for the duration of her work time. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2015, 09:44:43 AM »
crstasse-
Never let your sim slip into "fine" emotion, unacceptable.   ;D  Did you do the renew wedding vows?  That is a +3 happy moodlet for 2 days, it will keep your sim in happy mood during work even if you work hard all day.

MarianT-
Good to know that about networked perk and GTW careers.  Luckily I don't have GTW careers plan for my dynasty, woot.

Tigerskin-
Same, I think J is much "better" than Don, *snorts*.  The rivalry will come, I am just trying to figure out how to put it in the story.  I'm not a very good story writer, I'll leave that to the pros here in the forum.  I concentrate on what I am good at, which is playing efficiently.  Hence the idea to make a hints and tips dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2015, 10:02:12 AM »
Renewing wedding vows is on my number one 'to do list'  :)  I've never done that before.  Do you have to complete 'soul mates' aspiration to get that option?  Sorry not playing game presently to check it out, just that I don't remember seeing it before.

I swear I just struggle with the whole career thing.  Everything else I can do well enough.  Maybe I should just give myself the 'Ambitious' trait in real life  :D  That might help  ;D   I think I'm much to laid back.  I'm like, 'poor thing, you've worked hard girl.  Go put your feet up and watch Teen Wolf on the action channel  ;D  Maybe it's an Australian thing??

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2015, 10:13:03 AM »
crstasse-

No, you don't need to complete soul mates to get that option.  Your couple needs to be married, then buy a wedding arch, click on the arch and you will see "exchange wedding vows".  It takes about 45 sim minutes for the whole process, but it is so worth it.

Ambitious won't help you get promoted.  It will give you good moodlets after promotion, and bad moodlets if you don't get promoted in a while.  Without the club perk, careers usually take 2-3 days of work hard to get one promotion.  With the club perk, careers take 1-2 days of work hard to get promoted (even at higher levels).  If you have the perk and take more than 2 days to get promoted, you are doing something wrong (like being too laid back :) ).

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »
You are the best!!!  I wouldn't even think to click on the wedding arch again after they were married to get that option!!  I'm so going to do this tomorrow when I play, right now it's nearly midnight and not an option  :)

You are right about the 'ambitious' trait, which is why I never choose it.  And stupid me but I gave my creative girl in 'retail option' the self-assured trait which always give the confident moodlet when I want inspired and what was I thinking  :o 

I am a bit too laid back  ;D  But with your help I am improving!  You are really good with strategy!!  I like it  :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »
@crstasse, you can overpower that confident moodlet. Have your Sim browse art on the computer, cloudgaze, etc. Two or three "inspired" actions will make the mood change, especially if you have some Happy moodlets stacked up. Get your Sim very happy (renew vows), then add at least two actions that trigger inspired and you're good to go. Don't forget to add passive inspired aura items if you can, too. What I usually do is browse art, view inspired aura item (painting), cloudgaze.

Here's where you can find the list of stuff that triggers Inspired: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21776.msg389174.html#msg389174

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Steamy Ginseng)
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »

Ahri ~ Week 2: Sunday-Saturday

Ahri maxed her mixology skill on Sunday, that completed her Master Mixology aspiration too.  The aspiration is pretty straightforward and easy to finish, along with plenty of mix XXX drink whims, good for points.  6000 points is more than enough to buy her 3rd reward - Carefree.  Now Ahri only needs to get the Mansion Baron aspiration done and she will have enough to buy the last reward.

There is only 5 pictures you can draw over and over again, Darius eventually got tired of the creativity table.  He asked for a violin, he got a violin. 

When Darius reached level 2, he realized he could "Research The Violin" on the computer for extra violin skill boost.

5 hours of violin later, Darius finish his Artistic Prodigy aspiration.  He didn't want to stop, kept on playing and planning to make violin as one of his unique skill requirement.  Once his creativity skill is maxed, he can start gaining adult violin skill levels even as a child.  Ahri threw a dinner party for Darius to celebrate his aspiration completion.

They bought a stereo, turn on pop music and all three Ferreros dance to finish the dancing requirement.  Very easy when you control at least 3 sims.  Ahri didn't want to increase her cooking level anymore, so she makes J go make the garden salad while she thank a guest for coming.

When salad is done, she called everyone to meal satisfying the main goal of the party.  They ate and told jokes, finishing requirement #2 and #3.

Making coffee is the easy part, getting playful is the hard part.  Ahri is thinking hard while the coffee is brewing.

Nice, she didn't need the playful requirement after all.  She got gold after the coffee, that was easy.  Gold dinner party done. 

If the playful requirement was necessary, easiest is to buy the playful aura lamps (Paws Anonymous Pets Award) and place it in the middle of the party.  If you don't have the aura lamps, try watching comedy tv and tell plenty of jokes to each other. 

"My first masterpiece, wifey.  I should be able to make so much money soon and buy a bigger mansion for you."said J.

J loves painting portraits more than abstracts.  Whenever Ahri is free, he would ask her to pose for him.  Whenever J is sleeping, Ahri would sneak up to the office and admire her portrait.

Ahri threw a house party for J to celebrate his first masterpiece.

They dance, they drink, and told jokes to each other.  Why does the guest always grab the mixology drink in the refrigerator?  Ahri made those prose and pop for household use later, but the guest obviously thinks it's for her.  Ahri and J settled for the orange juice.

J's jokes were so good that it put him and one other guest in a playful mood.  Great for requirement #3, now he just have to tell more jokes to Darius and get him playful.  Meanwhile Ahri is socializing with guests to complete the main goal of the party.

Ahri still have her wedding cake leftover in the refrigerator.  She took that out and call everyone for cake time.

Uh-oh.  J and one other guest are in a playful mood, another guest in inspired mood (she drank the prose and pop).  Darius is a child, hard to get him into a flirty mood without aura lamps.  Only Ahri is in a happy mood, what is she going to do now?

First she got rid of the coffee maker and bought a Tea Magic Personal Brewer.  Then she brew a pot of Steamy Ginseng.

Next is to have Ahri and J drink the tea.  The tea brewer will brew 3 cups at a time, and we need 3 flirty sims.  Darius is a child and cannot drink tea, so Ahri grab the last cup from the brewer and place it close to her 2 townie guests, hoping that one of them will automatically grab the tea and drink it.  Which they did!

The tea is very potent, drinking that will give +2 Flirty.  That was enough to get Ahri and the guest flirty, but not J.  J had too much playful moodlets overiding the flirty, so he had to do lots of kissing to finally get flirty.

It was very close to failing (due to timed event), but Ahri did it.  Gold house party done.

End of Week 2 Summary:
  • Three gold medal parties (wedding/dinner/house).
  • Connections, Frugal, and Carefree rewards bought.
  • Ahri career level 8.
  • Ahri portrait finished.
  • Darius childhood aspiration done.
  • Darius grade school A.
  • Darius maxed one unique skill (Violin).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2015, 03:00:34 PM »
So he had to do lots of kissing to get him flirty.
Poor old J! I'm sure that was a real struggle for him! LOL. But it is a dynasty and sometimes spouses have to do things that goes against their nature. :)

Thanks for sharing your strategies on parties, they don't seem so daunting to me now.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »
The have '3 Sims become playful' or 'flirty' is the harder one in the party requirements.  I do love reading how you deal with overcoming this.  As always you are full of helpful tips for us other players.

Reggikko - Thanks for the advice!  I've also put items in the painting room that automatically gives the inspired emotion soon as they walk into the room.  I'm getting there  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »
I hate having to get 3 guests flirty. For playful, I use the My Sims trophies that you get from trying to dig up crystals and metals. They have a playful aura when enabled.

@crstasse, actually you do have to complete the Soulmate aspiration to get the option to "renew wedding vows" on the wedding arch.

For keeping inspired, it helps to have either Outdoor Retreat or Spa Day. One gives the ability to cloudgaze or stargaze, which lasts 6 hours, and doing the Brain Boosting yoga routine gives you an 8-hour inspired moodlet.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2015, 02:07:12 PM »
@crstasse, actually you do have to complete the Soulmate aspiration to get the option to "renew wedding vows" on the wedding arch.

@MarianT
Are you sure?  My married couple with no progress in soulmate aspiration is able to renew wedding vows, and they do get the +3 moodlet too.  I just tested it, is my game bugged?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure I only saw it in the one game where I did have them complete the aspiration. Or maybe they need to be at soulmate status? It's also possible that when I clicked on it in my immortal dynasty, I was clicking on it with someone whose spouse had died -- that could be it.

I'll have to remember that about steamy ginseng tea, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2015, 11:29:31 PM »
You definitely do NOT need to finish the aspiration.  I do know that your friendship and romantic bars with the Married sim have to be pretty high, but I don't know if you actually need soulmate status.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2015, 06:44:35 AM »
I love her admiring her own portrait!  :P It's the painting career and we all know how easy it is to get the first couple of promotions, but yes.. he goes with everything green, usually very inspired (cloudgazing, pluck for inspiration and club vibe 3) for most of the day. I have never had a problem with careers before, especially this one! Oh well, will see what happens when I rotate back to him. Well done on your progress!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2015, 10:28:44 AM »
Sounds like there is a career bug going around lately, hopefully EA will fix it soon.