Author Topic: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Celebrity Chef)  (Read 40626 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (What I've Learned #1)
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »
Sitting here hoping Nutella is getting bored with challenges.  I really want more of your RDC story!  What happens to the kids?  Are they teens?   How are you going to do their jobs?  Are you going to incorporate restaurants?  Inquiring minds want to know.  We miss this story!  (hugs Nutella)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2016, 08:14:43 PM »
@Joria
I'm with you, Joria! And I keep checking to see if there's a "What I've Learned #2"...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2016, 01:52:20 AM »
This is a great thread, so informative.  I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Rival Dynasty Challenge.  I guess I don't get around much.  Only so many hours in the day for simming and I must admit I spend a lot of mine playing the Apocalypse Challenge.  I will definitely be giving this one a try.  Thanks for the inspiration!

I can't wait to see all of the heirs!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2016, 07:33:18 AM »
Ahhh I know, I am procrastinating here am I?  I'm not getting bored with challenges yet, although I really dislike this month challenges so won't be spending too much time doing test runs.

I do plan on returning to this dynasty this month, hopefully when I load up the file there won't be any errors.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2016, 04:42:29 PM »
Hope you are error free <3
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2016, 04:25:28 PM »
Nutella with your strategy skills you should breeze through the challenges and wind up champion of champions!  I've basically given up on the challenges as it changes gameplay into work for me and I'd rather just have fun.

Soooo, what's your take on what jobs teens should take?  ;)

Looking forward to more of your story.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2016, 12:41:43 PM »
True, if you don't enjoy it then it becomes work.  Certain challenges I have a lot of fun, anything that involves making money, aspirations, and babies I love.  When it comes to clubs, collecting, and careers .... it becomes ugh.  I don't do any test runs when it comes to those challenges, just wing it.

For teen jobs, I prefer the ones that have a lot of work days.  Babysitters and Manual Labors only have 2 working days, so that might take you 2-3 weeks to even max the career (level 3).  With 5 working days, it is much easier to max it within a week, then I can spend the rest of the time concentrating on other stuff.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »
I wish I had Nutella's brain for one day. Just one day. LOL

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
Heck, even 1 HOUR would be brilliant! She's a Sim Savant, and no idiot at that either ;-)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2016, 12:01:04 PM »
I've restarted my rival dynasty file, everything looks good, should have updates soon.  However my photobucket is running very very slow, used to be decent, what happen to photobucket quality? Wonder if I should try some other websites, this slow loading photobucket site is making me insane.  Anyone got any suggestions?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2016, 12:25:20 PM »
Yay!  I can't wait to read and learn more.

I've been using the Forum's suggested method for posting pictures.  That Irfran View product works very well for resizing and renaming files.  How/why/what for have you been using Photobucket?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
Caterina-

Thanks.  I don't have problem with resizing/renaming files, usually use mspaint for resizing.  I do need a place to store all my pictures so I can post on forums, and I believe a long time ago photobucket was the suggested method for posting/storing images, that is after the forum gallery that was discontinued.  It used to work really well, so I never bother finding an alternative method to storing my pictures, but recently just got back to using it and whew, the site is SLOW!

Yes working on picking up my story, its difficult.  Been many months since I last play this and almost forgot all the requirements already.  :-[

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2016, 02:42:17 PM »
I truly hesitate to mention this, but I still use Mediafire for my photos.  It is fast, holds a LOT, and even their free one has a lot of memory.  I pay a premium price for mine because I take an obscene amount of screenshots.  I HAVE had problems with them before, but they are pretty fast in responding to a ticket.  I just keep their tab open all the time so when I want to get a screenshot I can either go to a file I've already uploaded or upload one.  For their uploader, you go to your main file page and click on upload, choose where from, (pc in my case), and an uploader appears.  You click on that then choose the files you want to upload from, (I have several on my desktop), and it brings them up.  Then you "Return to My Files" and voila, there they are in tiny little icons.  You can then select one or all of your icons to view, and it will send them to a separate tab where you will have a gallery of the shots you selected.  Then it is just a matter of right click on the picture you want and choose
"Copy URL".  Using the forums "Insert Image" button for your reply/story, you then just paste the copied url there and voila.  It sounds kind of time consuming when it's all written out the way I just did but it isn't.  I like it because I can keep everything in folders and sub-folders so I know where things are.  My issue with it is it sometimes will choose to not complete the upload process on random shots, but there is a work around when that happens.  A clunky one but workable.  I've used it since the forum changed over from it's own photo thingie and only had to submit tickets twice, so that's not too shabby a record. 

I know how hard it is to get back to a story once you've been away for awhile.  It was hard on me and ultimately, with all the mess ups I had, I had to just quit it.  Too many irrevocable mistakes on my part.  Once you get back in the swing of things it will role right along.  I'm excited you are coming back to it!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Celebrity Chef)
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »

Lux ~ Week 2: Sunday-Saturday

After 8 months of vacation, the Ferreros are itching to get back to their lives.  Lux had to work Sunday and Monday, thus there will be no retail store until she gets the break in the middle of the week.  While everyone is sleeping, she cooks.  Practice makes perfect.

Ah, a fabulous cheesecake.  This shall be the birthday cake for everyone!  Tip: If you don't want your meals to spoil, put them in family inventory.

During her vacation, Lux discovered from her travels the benefits of spa.  She soaked herself in Lavender for a +2 happy moodlet, along with burning an incense to increase the duration from 8 hours to 12 hours.

+3 Inspired (club) +3 Happy (renewed vows) +2 Happy (bath soak) = +8 Very Inspired for the whole day of work.  Don't forget Lux also have the Networked Club perk, shouldn't take her too long to become a famous celebrity chef.

Janna played some beautiful music waiting to be praised......

Instead got yelled by Dad for not finishing her homework first.

Praised came later when she completed her aspiration.

As soon as Lux finished work at 2am Tuesday, the whole family headed to the retail store to work.  Lux didn't even have time to change out of her work clothes.

Travis and Lux worked nonstop and managed to get enough points for faster restocking by Tuesday noon.

"What are you drinking Dad?" Janna asked.  "Moodlet Solver, my dear. There is no time for sleeping." Travis replied.

The extreme socializing required was too much for Lux and Travis.  They decided to close the store down and change the markup to 5%, so that items will fly off the shelves easier.  The store is not about making profit, getting the retail points is much more important.

The 5% markup proved to be a huge success, and by Tuesday night they have enough points to buy serious shopper.

Thursday morning they bought cheaper restocking.

Finally by Friday early morning, sure sale.

Perks done, time for profit.  Lux sold every single gnomes in the store and bought two virtuoso violins.  "Blondes & Gnomes" no more, its more like "Blondes & Violins" now.

Store markup changed to 100% and Travis used sure sale interaction on the first customer.  Boom -- $30,000 just like that.

With cheaper restocking perk, the violin only cost $11,250 to restock.  $30,000 - $11,250 = $18,750 profit for each violin sold, sweet sweet profit.

Five violins sold and that was enough.  Didn't even need to transfer household funds to make the store worth more.

Lux bought a few more violins for the store and proceed to sell "Blondes & Violins" to her next door billionaire neighbor.

Retail store requirement done, so everyone head home to relax while Lux gets ready for work.

Janna has been begging for another instrument since she had maxed violin earlier in the week.  With the money from selling the store, Lux can afford to buy her almost anything now. 

Janna has a weird obsession for metals.  She claims that metals give her special powers so she can play even more beautiful music than before.

She is famous now, can rub shoulders with the likes of Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay, Wolfgang Puck, and many more.

End of Week 2 Summary:
  • Faster checkout (large), faster restocking (large), serious shopper, cheaper restocking, and sure sale perks bought.
  • Retail store sold for over $100,000.
  • Lux career level 10.
  • Lux portrait finished.
  • Janna childhood aspiration done.
  • Janna grade school A.
  • Janna maxed one unique skill (Violin).

anything