Author Topic: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Celebrity Chef)  (Read 41102 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead?
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2015, 09:19:24 AM »
Brilliant strategy, Nutella. I have also used the Soulmate aspiration for my Mansion and Retail founders for the aspiration points to join their chosen careers. I did not want to exploit the other careers like you did, because I enjoy my game the most when my sims are struggling in the beginning and living on the lawn (I am a sadist, I guess).

Yes sadist,  :P.  Normally I picked loves the outdoor trait and have my sims live on the lawn too, but this time I just wanted a house!  I saw all the pretty houses on the guide, and since I am a horrible builder, I want to take advantage of this dynasty that allows me to download houses instead of build one myself.  If I didn't need the starting funds to buy the house, I wouldn't have join all 13 careers either, I'm much too lazy for that.

I could not go the Soulmate route with the Alien founder, because there were no disguised alien ladies around the town. I had him meet ALL the single ladies in my game, but no luck, so I had to have him build a rocket and meet his spouse in Sixam. I managed to get her pregnant just before the first week was over.

I'll show you on my next entry how I deal with this problem. 

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2015, 10:16:48 AM »
I've never done Soulmate for starting points. Then again, I haven't worried about getting that reward at all until I started playing these challenges because my Sims usually don't even have jobs. I generally like to play a slower paced game.  What I've been doing is using Master Chef and Painting or Curator plus fishing. It's nowhere near as fast, though. The fastest I've gotten it done is in two days. Of course, I don't let the Founders actually complete aspirations that heirs will be using.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2015, 11:37:21 AM »
I'll show you on my next entry how I deal with this problem. 

Oh intriguing, can't wait to hear what you have up your sleeve.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Why Rocket Ship?)
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »

Ahri ~ Week 1: Monday-Tuesday

Few remodels were needed in the new house.  The Post Modern Shower Stall will give an uncomfortable moodlet sometimes after shower, so Ahri replaced it with the Unicorn Dreamshower.  She also removed the sink of course, there will be no washing hands in any Ferrero household.

The Crisponix Budget Dee-Lux refrigerator will sometimes have the "taste like fridges" negative moodlet, so Ahri replaced that with the Crisponix Adequate.  She also bought the amazing NanoCan Touchless Trash Can for some added cash while throwing things away.  And again, sink removed.

A new xpac (Get Together) was added on 12/08, but she totally forgot about using the new "Clubs" feature.  Could have got a lot of club points with all those romantic interactions with J.  Well, it's never too late to start a club now.

Ahri's Club Approved Activities:
  • Rocket Science!
  • Cook
  • Mix Bar Drinks
  • Paint
  • Be Romantic

After settling in the new house, Ahri wasted no time and starts leveling cooking for her career.  She bought two Enchanted Aurora Supernatural Award Lamp to help her get very inspired.  Once she reached level 4 (required for her career), she stopped cooking altogether and concentrated on mixology.  Poor J had to take over cooking household meals.

When she is leveling mixology, she made sure to keep a good supply of Amydelights for J.  These little green drinks will give J a boost for faster skill gains in Rocket Science.

While Ahri is busy cooking and mixing drinks, J quits his job and decided to stay home to build a rocket ship.  Why Rocket Ship?  J overheard Ahri on the phone with her sister, complaining about the lack of alien potential spouse.  If he builds a rocket ship, then her sister can come over and fly to Sixam to find a spouse, problem solved!  Ahri would be so proud of him.

He bought two Time Travelers Into the Future Award Lamp for extra focused environment, drink his Amydelight, and started hammering and pounding on his rocket ship.  Painting will have to wait until he finished installing a Wormhole Generator on this ship.

The club points are adding up really fast, by late Monday night the Ferreros had enough points to buy Networked Club.  Never tried this reward before, but supposedly it should help boost Ahri's career by a lot.

This club perks feature is going to make dynasty life 10 times easier.  Keeping gathering on and do club approved activities, the Ferreros soon have even more club points to buy the rest of the skill boosts that they need.

Soulmate aspiration completed by Ahri, and along with some cooking whim wishes, she have enough points to buy "Frugal".  She still have Master Mixologist and Mansion Baron to finish, more than enough points for her Mansion's rewards requirement.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
How very cooperative of Ahri!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »
All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not racing your sister's to the finish line...cause I would be toast! 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (The Next Shakespeare Is Born)
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2015, 11:15:29 PM »

Ahri ~ Week 1: Wednesday-Saturday

It's time, little one wants out. 

J is still furiously leveling Rocket Science so Ahri had to take care of baby Darius full time.  She loves it, plenty of mom and son bonding time.

Besides the constant bathroom trip bug, J also encounters a rocket ship bug.  Every time he goes exploring, he comes back naked .......

The club is generating so many points by mid-week they could afford almost every skill boost they need.  Mixology and Charisma boost for Ahri.  Rocket Science and Painting boost for J.  Creativity, Homework, Writing, and Violin boost for Darius.  Still have many points leftover, and Darius hasn't even age up to child yet. 

Friday was Ahri's first day of work, and she was really excited to try out the networked club perk.  She went to work with needs full, had the cloudgaze inspired moodlet and the prose and pop moodlet.  Work hard and was rewarded with a promotion at the end of the day.  She couldn't believe it, it only took one day for promotion.  Without the perk, it would take 2 days to get promoted to level 5.

J finished the wormhole generator upgrade on Saturday, just in time to watch Darius age up.

He started leveling painting so he could paint portraits of his family and also help out with the income.  Rumor has it that painting is very profitable.  Meanwhile his son seems to be very attached to the computer.  Boys need video games, food, and sleep.  That's it right?  J thinks that boys are much easier to raise than girls.

J was shocked when Darius announces to his dad that he needs more than games, food, and sleep.  He wants to be the next Shakespeare, he needs creativity.

Darius begged for a creativity table and as soon as J bought one, he spends all his time on it.

End of Week 1 Summary:
  • J finished rocket ship with wormhole generator.
  • One gold medal party (wedding).
  • Connections and Frugal rewards bought.
  • Ahri career level 6.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2015, 12:08:49 AM »
Wow, you really do work fast! Darius is a cutie.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2015, 06:14:24 AM »
You sure know how to get the best out of the game Nutella, it's truly interesting to read this as it is like a guide on how to get the most out of a great game and to enjoy all it's aspects. Thank you  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (The Next Shakespeare Is Born)
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2015, 09:15:06 AM »
That is fast work! I think Darius is going to look like his father.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »
Thank you for sharing all your wonderful strategies!
Hilarious prologue and fast-paced story.
By the way, is J returning n*de from every spaceship mission a bug or a benefit?  *blushes (hehe)
Can't wait to read more.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2015, 03:26:26 PM »
Thank you for sharing all your wonderful strategies!
Hilarious prologue and fast-paced story.
By the way, is J returning from every spaceship mission a bug or a benefit?  *blushes (hehe)
Can't wait to read more.

Blushes.  Oh, naughty, Oshizu. (but funny) 

I'm almost out of breath with the pace of this story!  Man you're good!  I never would have thought of using clubs.  Is it a particular club you use or would any of them work?  My founder's spouse is head of Partihaus.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »
1- Create your own club. 
2- Make invitation invite only. 
3- Choose household members as club members.
4- Choose your home lot as club hangout, for convenience.
5- Choose approved activities: pick the ones you will be doing a lot of.  You can pick sleep, eat, shower, etc.
6- You can always change your approved activities whenever you want.
7- Hit the button "start gathering" and play your dynasty as normal.
8- You will gain club points while doing your everyday activities.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Blondes & Gnomes)
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2015, 06:34:36 PM »

Lux ~ Week 1: Sunday-Tuesday

Lux will be spending most of her time in the retail shop, no need for a big house.  With $17,000 in her pocket, she chose a house built by @Joria.

House is extremely affordable at $9,472. 

This is only a one bedroom house, but that's okay.  The future heir will just have to live upstairs in the roof. 

She spent her first night alone, dreaming about owning a Walmart.

She woke up bright and early, went to Roadstead retail shop looking for gnomes to decorate her new house, instead she found him, Travis.

Lux's club approved activities - romance.

All the romantic interactions lead up to this, time of pregnancy:
  • 11:30am

There is really no need to throw a wedding, parties are not a requirement for Lux.  She convinced Travis to skip the traditional wedding ceremony and just elope instead.

They spend their honeymoon in Windenburg, don't think they did much sightseeing.

They came home from honeymoon energized and somewhat rich.  Lux completed the soulmate aspiration which allows her to purchase "Connections", with the bonus and career rewards she now has $38,000 to spend.  She is really excited with the prospect of owning her own business.  Who doesn't want to be their own boss and work their own hours?  Sadly, she will still have to hold a steady job at the culinary place, but that is not going to stop Lux from achieving her dreams.  Buying a Walmart was too expensive, so we will have to build our own, start from scratch.

Got several signs on the outside to attract customers. 

More signs inside and lots and lots of gnomes.   No pedestals = no getting dirty = no cleaning needed. 

Welcome to Blondes & Gnomes.  The store is now open with a 15% markup.

With the low markup, soon they have plenty of customers coming in.  Travis took care of the customers while Lux took care of her tummy, she is always hungry. 

Let's talk about "Rally the Troops" reward.  This perk is like an infinite moodlet solver, just spend 500 club points, and you can get your energy bar filled by doing a few socials.  You do not need whim points to buy it (unlike moodlet solver) and it can be reuse over and over again (like a rechargeable battery). 

Lux was very tempted to purchase this perk, but decided not to because it feels too much like cheating.  She will just do it the old fashioned way, moodlet solver.  Or she can take turns with Travis, one is working while the other one is sleeping. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Blondes & Gnomes)
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
Love your gnome store! And so people know -- the Rally the Troops perk is allowed, but it won't boost fun or hygiene.

anything