Author Topic: Detective Career - Interrogation  (Read 25304 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Detective Career - Interrogation
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 04:11:47 PM »
I just got Spa Day, where can I find the incense?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
I think they are in misc decorations. I just search. They are called 1. Spring Blossom Incense Holder and 2. Scent-from-heaven Incense Holder.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 01:47:11 AM »
Well, I tried the incense and it is basically worthless b/c the moment they walk out of range, the buff disappears. The best way as you said, is to either ponder chess moves or browse the sim pedia for the focused buff.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 02:26:56 AM »
Oh you use the incense while taking a bath with soaks.... the incense burning in the bathroom makes the emotional moodlet last much longer. You can't just have your sim smell the incense as then, like you said, it doesn't last as incense by itself is just an aura not an action.

So...bath with soaks = 8hrs emotional mooodlet
 bath with soaks AND incense burning in the bathroom at same time = 12 hr emotional moodlet.

Both these moodlets will last no matter where your sim is until the time is spent. You'll know if the sim can 'smell' the incense while they are in the bath as the incense moodlet will show up. Also you have to let the sim finish his bath totally or the moodlet for both the soak and the incense won't show up.

I think it takes about one sim hour for a bath with soaks so you'll have to start getting him ready for work early enough but the moodlet is brilliant for the work day.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 03:11:39 AM »
I'm not sure, but I'll try again. I thought I did a bath. I'll let you know the next time I do it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 12:55:13 PM »
@Playalot 
If your sim is focused then there are special questions you can ask that will move the progression along the meter a little further than ordinary questions.
The comment above is so helpful! I was wondering why only one or two interactions had the navy Focused edge on its bars.

I've started this career for my Gen7 at Level 4 and was surprised a two-day tutorial was required before actually starting one's own case. 
I've solved two cases so far, but I've been reading about this career online and I have a question:

Is the issue of the arrested suspect not showing up with the cop at the station unresolved? 
That is, is this career still buggy?

I've spent four days at this job so far, but don't want to risk a dynasty challenge on a possibly glitchy career. 
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »
I'm not sure if the 'suspect bug' is still around but it was usually solved by traveling back to where the suspect was and then returning to the station anyway.
Best tip I can give you is to take as many suspect reports and photos of evidence and samples etc as you can because you can use those for the next cases. lol I guess in the Simsverse 'if you've seen one crime scene you've seen them all' is true!  :D. Being focused helps for analysis to go well and pause button is your friend while waiting for the next work task to load in.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 03:26:13 PM »
@Playalot

Thanks for the confirming about "the suspect didn't come back to the station" bug.
When you say "traveling back to where the suspect was," do you mean I would need to issue another APB or do I just travel back to wherever the arrest occurred.

I appreciate your tips about gathering as much evidence as possible. I was able to solve a second crime without visiting a crime scene a at all, but wasn't sure whether that was a fluke or not.
I don't understand your comment about "Pause."

Do you press "Pause" after finishing one task until a new task is dsiplayed to free up more time for completing tasks? Or did you mean something else?

Also, I've started having the sim Work late as well. (I haven't played an active career for so long, I'd completely forgotten about that!)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 07:26:01 PM »
Do you press "Pause" after finishing one task until a new task is dsiplayed to free up more time for completing tasks? <<This. Might only save a few moments but they all add up.

Travel back to the lot where you first arrested the suspect from. The park or where ever. The suspect should still be standing there. So I would just go and talk to them again, arrest them if the option was available (again). If the arrest interaction wasn't available then I would just travel back to the cop shop and the suspect would most times just turn up there with my sim.

Once it didn't work so I just spent the rest of the day making friends etc and then the next day when I followed my sim to work the suspect was there. Hopefully, though, you won't come across any glitches.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 04:34:52 PM »
@Playalot
Thanks for the advice!
I've read a lot of horror stories online about the Detective career, lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2016, 04:05:26 AM »
@Playalot
Of course, I run into that scenario where the suspect doesn't return with my sim to the Police Station.

Travel back to the lot where you first arrested the suspect from. The park or where ever. The suspect should still be standing there. So I would just go and talk to them again, arrest them if the option was available (again). If the arrest interaction wasn't available then I would just travel back to the cop shop and the suspect would most times just turn up there with my sim.

I realize it's been awhile since you played the Detective career  :) but I wonder if you remember if there's any way to return to the initial arrest site besides issuing another APB.
Except for issuing another APB, I can't figure out any way to travel back there.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
I think I would just choose the lot from the map. So if I arrested the perp at the museum then I would just travel back there the ordinary way.