Author Topic: Sims 1  (Read 2571 times)

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
Sims 1
« on: October 28, 2015, 04:07:06 AM »
Hi all. I was wondering if you can ask Sims 1 gameplay/tech help in this section of the forum. If not, is there any support at all left for Sims1 anywhere else??

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 1
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
Thank you for asking!! Go ahead and post your Sims 1 gameplay/tech help questions and we'll try to answer the best we can.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:51:47 AM »
Thank you. I am hoping this may be something simple. I have Sims 1 with all the EP's except House Party. Up until about a month ago, I have been playing Sims 1 on and off as I still enjoy the nostalgia of the first game. Then a week ago, it became unplayable, meaning the game refused to load. I thought the game was glitched or something so I ended up uninstalling the game. I saved my files first to dekstop so I could use them once I reinstalled the game. I got the game up and running and everything is good, the game runs fine, once I put back my game files, all my lots and Sims were there.

Now my question. In Makin' Magic there are "holes" the Sims can jump in and be transported to the carnival and the spooky world. I can send a Sim into the "hole" but there is nothing there once they make it through. The land, clouds, and music are all there, just nowhere the Sims can go to. No carnival or spooky world. So, I just wanted to know if there is a fix or if there was a glitch with this back then.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 10:16:35 PM »
We're not able to find anything online about the problem. So we're going to get in-game to see how it plays to test to see if we run into the same or similar problem.

What version of Sims 1 are you running? Original disc version or the complete collection edition?

*Edited to add:*

We tested Sims 1 out and didn't run into the same problem. So here's something to try.

1. Go ahead and uninstall all of Sims 1 (Back up your files first).
2. Install the game and EPs to a folder other than Program Files.
- Example: C:\Games\Sims
3. Run the game.
4. When the neighborhood shows up, click the Switch to Magic Town button. (Next to the Quit button)
5. Check to see that the map shows up correctly.

Hopefully this will help the map show up correctly. Let us know?

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 01:04:13 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I am running the disk version from single disks that I bought at the store as each one came out back then. I was thinking, I did have House Party installed before all of this, and when I reinstalled, I didn't put that EP back on because of a cracked game disk. I know when I click on a house from NH view, it tells me certain objects won't load or are missing, because the stuff I am missing is from House Party. I am just wondering if that glitched something causing the carnival and spooky world not to work.

I will go ahead and try to uninstall and reinstall again and see what happens.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 01:11:30 AM »
@hrlw817 Did the reinstall help solve the problem of the map not showing correctly?

MrsFlynn

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 02:51:35 AM »
No. I uninstalled and try to reinstall and between updating and launch errors, install wizard errors and general update freezes, I am giving up the reinstall. After the House Party install, it says it needs to update, it updates to 100% and then stops. Each EP after will only have a play option and no install option or wizard. It has taken me almost 3 hours just to install the Deluxe Edition, House Party, and part of Hot Date. I didn't have this issue when I reinstalled everything a few weeks ago. So I will look into this again when I have more time and patience. Thanks for your help. So for now, I will get back into Sims 4.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 11:54:37 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that it's not behaving itself. When you're up to trying the uninstall/reinstall again try running Ccleaner and it's registry cleaner.

Ccleaner
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download (Standard Edition is Free)
-- This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used.

How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

Back up your saved games and uninstall the game if you haven't already, run Ccleaner and it's registry cleaner then start installing the game. It may also help to install it in it's own games folder.

Example: C:\Games\Sims

You mentioned getting errors, did you happen to note what those errors were? Maybe we can help search on the errors.

MrsFlynn

Offline hrlw817

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 01:18:26 AM »
Thank you. The errors are the install wizard stopping or freezing while a disk is loading at a certain percent, not completing an install of a disk, or my cd/dvd drive only will spin not long enough to install a disk. I will post back soon about the progress of the install.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
I sent you a pm about this, but wanted to let you know we're going to install it on my computer this evening to see if we get the same errors. As I don't have it installed yet.

MrsFlynn

anything