Author Topic: Colonial Estate Build  (Read 4506 times)

Offline coolhandlukeboy

• Nooboo
Colonial Estate Build
« on: January 27, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »
Name: Colonial Heritage Home
Origin ID: coolhandlukeboy2
Hashtags: #moo #colonial #mansion #wealthy #newcrest #estate #oracle #brick #stone #victorian #BuildNewcrest
Lot Size: 50 x 40
Bedrooms and Bathrooms: 4br, 4ba
Packs Used: Get to Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen
Cost Furnished: $315,576
Gallery Link

Hello all, this is my first post in this particular sub-forum. I really enjoy building in Sims 4, and I see many of you do as well! I like building as much or more than playing.

Here is my first build in Sims 4 (attempt to make a complete lot). I wanted a period piece, from the Colonial Era. I wanted it to look like an estate, so it would balance a large house on a large sward of grass without overcluttering the landscape. I also wanted a servant's quarters (converted to a bath-house). I dislike a tremendous amount of clutter, but I put more than I typically like in the house as I wanted to become familiar with all the stuff available in the game.

The basement is modernish, with a spa and TV. I figured the basement could be the renovation area in the house and I actually lived in it so I wanted a modern place somewhere to escape from all the grannyness!

Front view

Here are the rest, hope they're not too small... I'm trying to figure out how to post this as professionally as I can.

I am not the best at taking pictures, but I tried!

Also, I have no idea how to find my actual unique gallery link. I want to link this directly to my gallery, but I couldn't find any unique access link. Also weird... I can favorite myself in a web browser, so I wonder if my accounts are linked? Username is the same...I posted a working link, but I'm not sure how long it will work, or if it will work for anyone else but me. If you can tell me how to find my own gallery link, please let me know!

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Colonial Estate Build
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:12:04 AM »
I love your house, especially the kitchen! I'd like to have that if I have a big enough house (rl). :D

That separate small building, is that an outhouse? Probably not. And by the way, your link to the gallery works fine.

Carl helped me out a lot with these suggestions. Saved me a lot of space on my laptop.
Story Photos & Etiqutte

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 08:55:25 AM »
Love your house . Looks very luxurious . You've done a great job on your decor .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline coolhandlukeboy

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 04:32:11 PM »
I love your house, especially the kitchen! I'd like to have that if I have a big enough house (rl). :D

That separate small building, is that an outhouse? Probably not. And by the way, your link to the gallery works fine.

Carl helped me out a lot with these suggestions. Saved me a lot of space on my laptop.
Story Photos & Etiqutte

Thanks. That outhouse is a converted servant's quarters. I always wanted to do that in a build and finally have! I had made a pool house out of it, but I never use pools, so I made it a hot tub instead.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
Shades of New England and early east coast USA!  This is a fabulous colonial style and the landscaping is perfect!  I think you got exactly what you were going for.  Love the interior decor as well.  Looks very period appropriate and great color choices.  Reminded me somewhat of Monticello.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline GACLove14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 06:57:11 PM »
Wow. I love this house.  :D