Author Topic: death  (Read 4727 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: death
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »
Be careful about adding Grim to a household or placing him in a house this can cause major issues where that Grim can no longer reap and no other Grim is spawned in.  :-\
Easier way would to invite the elder sim into your household and kill him there or just wait for him to die. You don't need to be in control of a NPC townie to get an urn though, just need to be on the same lot as they die.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 12:41:41 AM »
Some of my family members are gone because I was not on the lot when they passed. so far my make shift cemetery is working.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »
I've been thinking about your cemetery @Indira and wondered if you realized that after the ghosts get culled out of your game that their tombstones become blank? JulianneALee mentioned a mod that stops this. I haven't used it as generally I'm not that attached to townies so it doesn't bother me that they get 'removed' from my game from time to time but it does make playing with ghosts all but impossible unless they are either part of your household or in a household of their own.
For some reason I can't stop thinking about your idea, lol. I think at some point I am going to have to make a 'cemetery' household and see how it plays out!

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 08:54:25 PM »
I initially wanted to make a graveyard with some spooky effects later on, stuff possible for a future scenario for my current story. Though I haven't actually thought beyond acquiring tombstones. Now that you mention it @Playalot , it would be awesome to see the ghosts themselves show up often in the cemetery. Another idea for a story.

I was also bothered about the culling. I thought it is merely for ghosts without tombstones. My couple's death was still a bit recent. I'll have to get their ghosts appear and invited back into the house. Then moved in a separate household somewhere. Will they need furniture and items for needs? I've not played ghosts in my family before. I'll have to read up Carl's guide on them. Quick question: Can the ghosts carry their own gravestone and stay in inventory when saved as household in the gallery?

@JulianneALee That idea of a death house sounds doable. I think I might do that on a separate game file. Gather a mix of people of different ages and traits. Provide a few dozen cow plants. Gym for the elderly. And lots of pools instead of ground area and a wide outdoor kitchen without fire alarms. Hmmm... And save their ghost family in the gallery for future use. I can share them on the gallery if others are interested to see them again. I'm mostly interested in the EA-created residents like the Goths, Landgraabs, etc.

I wish there was an easier way of doing this like make ghosts in CAS. :( I'll take my time with the graveyard. It feels horrible every time an elderly pass away.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 03:26:09 AM »
A ghost can carry their own urn when you play them but anything that is in any sims inventory is wiped out when saved to the Gallery. I don't think unplayed sims really need furniture and such unless you happen to visit their lot and then they will have no way of cooking/using the bathroom etc as their needs go down. You could just use beginner cheap housing maybe with very cheap basics? Unless you don't ever plan to visit their home lot and then it wouldn't matter.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »
I'm thinking of the death house, except making it a museum, that way townies can visit as well. I miss the cemetery in TS#. when my family members missed their loved ones, the could visit them.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 12:00:30 PM »
This is my grim reapers home. I named it Amityville Inn. You my visit but may never leave. Ha Ha. I am having so much fun with this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 12:36:21 PM »
I'm with you on that Shay. I would really like a return of the cemetery like in Sims 3. I was actually gonna recreate the cemetery found near the Goth's mansion in TS3. I still don't have time right now, but I want that in my game soon. As of now, I have 12 tombstones excluding those that belong to my family. I created an 'Oldies' club and invited them over to my house. Some died of old age. A few by cowplant. It's just hard for my sim family as they have been so sad for many days while witnessing a dozen deaths. :(   +5+2 sad points. Ugh! One time, I had one sim eat the cowplant cake to take away his sadness. Just careful not to let him eat again within 2 days.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »
A ghost can carry their own urn when you play them but anything that is in any sims inventory is wiped out when saved to the Gallery.

That makes me wonder...if you save a lot to your library and there's an active urn on it, does the ghost go with it, or are you left with just the urn and whatever epitaph happened to be on it?

You are just left with an urn, often times no epitaph at all.

@Shay, nice Inn.  ;)

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 07:52:29 PM »
It just makes sense to me to have a cemetery. What else are you going to do with all your sims that pass. So far my "haunted house" is working, lol.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 08:09:05 PM »
So true Shay. I hope at some point, Maxis will add in a cemetery venue. I will make my cemetery Generic. It still allows other Sims to visit it on their own.

I do have a few of questions though about the urns/tombstones. I have two ghosts in my household and planning on transferring them into a different household and lot soon as I made a haunted house for them to live in. My question is that, will it be okay to still place their tombstone in the cemetery(public venue), will they remain in game even if their tombstones are in a different place? If it's okay to place their tombstones somewhere else, will they haunt their tombstones in the cemetery or will they just remain at their own house?

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »
I have placed the urns in my death house and my sims have stayed. I have about 6 ghosts there now and a family that "maintains" the lot.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »
@Shay :D

I now have 15 tombstones. I might be able to create a graveyard soon. :D
It's weird, I am deathly afraid of horror&suspense movies, but making the graveyard is getting me excited. I'll start it after I finish my entry for the Building challenge.

On the epitaph, I typed in "Here lies *name of Sim" in case the ghost are later culled. I wanted to have the No-Cull mod...but I still distrust them and might make my game unplayable at some point.

anything