Author Topic: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters  (Read 6545 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Update Feb. 16 Fire! Fire!
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 05:05:06 PM »
Hi, Indira.  The tiny grey box is when the clone machine messes up.  It's basically worth $1 when sold but otherwise I haven't found anything else to do with it.  You can't transform it so that's it.  Usually you can get 3-5 clones of the actual item you have on the machine, then it will do the grey box thing for a bit.  After awhile it requires repairing.  So far Laurent hasn't upgraded his, which can only be done on the big machine at work.

The cool thing about it is you never would have to worry about ANY of your needs again if you have a good supply of moodlet potions.  The problem is it is time consuming and boring to stand there and repeatedly clone.  Still, if you wanted to do a marathon fishing at the Grotto or something it comes in real handy.  I've found it takes 2-3 potions a day for 24 hour protection from all needs.  Now, consider adding whatever mood you need for a job, clone a bunch of those potions and you will always be in the right mood for work.

In the last image the club members are running away from/toward the fire Ima is putting out with her ray gun.  They were way in the back so by the time they were in the picture frame she already had the fire out.  Transforming can be hazardous to your health!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Update Feb. 18 Yay! Me!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »
I did it!!!  Yayyyy, me!  I made it all the way in my culinary career!  Oh, my kitchen looks so nice now!

Ooops!  Not very tidy with all those books laying around on the floor.  Definitely have to do something about that!  Might as well show you the dining area too.  Laurent is going to make a second table and more chairs but meanwhile here it is.

Here's an over view of the whole area, including the "inspired" room.  That one still needs a bit of work.  I'm planning on at least one more easel, a desk with a computer for writing on, and maybe some musical instruments.

The inspired room.  My club members love to leave me little gifts on the easels, gifts that mean more simoleons for us because collectors just love their work.  I've kept some of my favorite pieces for my walls as well.

Hmmmm.  Well, I guess since I seem to be doing a "show and tell", I'll just continue and show you some more of the house.  Here's the "focused room".  Laurent has all his science-y stuff here.  He really wants more, like a telescope and a microscope but that isn't something we can build or find so far.  He'll just have to make do at work I guess.

You got a brief glimpse of the lounge in that last shot.  Here's a better view.  So far we've not earned a sofa nor have we been able to transform into one.  They have some very nice modern looking sofas in Magnolia but just didn't feel right buying one.

Some folks might say my furniture doesn't match but I prefer to call it "eclectic" or even "avant garde".  Free, is a very good price after all!  Besides, as we continue to transform we are now getting more matching pieces or duplicates so it works for me.

Upstairs there are two en-suite bedrooms.  We got the big, red bed at the kiosk in Granite Falls.  Not top of the line but comfy enough for us.  Notice the plants and chotchkies throughout the house?  Gotta love those ray guns!

After I told Laurent about my promotion, we sat down for a nice game of chess and some planning for our future.  You might have noticed the toy in the bedroom with the twin beds in it?  Not saying yet, but we ARE thinking about things.

We're not totally sure which way we want to go.  Right now Laurent still would like to max out his career.  I can take vacation time so our Watcher can follow him to work or I can just continue working for a bit.  After all, the money might come in handy one day and there is really no rush for us.  We've been talking about whether or not we should focus a bit on finishing up collections, (the fun stuff), or changing jobs and slowly working on more collecting.  For now, Laurent has those microscope prints to complete, not to mention his collection of aliens, and we can't figure out how else we'd be able to finish those except through his work.  Meanwhile, we have so many skills completed!  We decided that for right now, some fun time was in order and time ALONE without our club.  So off we went to find an adventure!

Yep, looks like this might be the spot!

I'd heard talking to this tree and watering it might bring us to some place special, so after a few cans of water and a little complimenting on my part..........

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so in I went.

Breathtaking!  I could hardly believe my eyes.

It moved me to tears.  I couldn't help it, I just had to do something to honor the fairy folk who must live here.  I picked up my violin and....

Laurent was not only as awe struck as I was, but he was also anxious to get a fishing pole into the water!  He just knew some special fish lived here.

Special all right, but definitely NOT  a fish!  We had a good laugh at this one.

See that little red tail shark leaping out of the water?  It was a fish we needed for our collection and, as luck and the fairies would have it, we caught one!  Unfortunately the anglerfish still eludes us.  We decided to try our hand underground so off we went to the Forgotten Grotto.  I caught my usual.....

While Laurent did a better job......

One more trophy done!  That bat fish will look nice on our trophy room wall.

By this time we were getting a bit tired of moodlet manager potions so we headed home for a bit of romantic R and R time.  Just the two of us.  We decided to take a swim in our new pool.  It's unfinished at the moment but I think it's going to be a winner, not only for us but for the club as well.

Meanwhile, it was just the two of us.  What could be better?

Tomorrow is another day.  Let's see what it will bring.  See ya tomorrow!

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: My No Buy, Update Feb. 18, Yay! Me!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 03:17:49 PM »
A Joria Show and Tell is always welcome!

Loved seeing all your rooms!  What is a chotchkie? (already forgot the spelling)

Oooh, the pool is fantastic!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 04:54:10 PM »
A chotchkie is basically a knick knack, decorative item, dust catcher!  Something cute or pretty to look at, but really, when it comes right down to it, a waste of money and space that could be better used by something useful.  I have several.  Some are little statues, some are fancy candles.  My favorite is a little statuette of the Disney characters Chip and Dale bought for me by my great-granddaughter this last Christmas.  Why did she spend $40 on this?  Because my husband's nickname is Chip and my real name is Dale and we still cuddle and love one another just like these little chipmunks do.  So, in reality, it was a very thoughtful gift gathering dust on my mantle.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »
*thumbs up*  Congratulations on maxxing out the Culinary career!  Having a stove is so *nice*!  It's great to see the different creative ways to come up with making a home without buy mode, I keep looking longingly at the Science career and the Raygun, but then I remind myself to stick with the plan!  Science will be my 'reward' career after I'm done with Mansion Baron. 
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2016, 12:36:00 AM »
This is such a fascinating challenge. I'm not sure if I have the patience or self-control not to go into build mode though! Love the story telling, as always and dat swimming pool! Gorgeous! Can not wait to see how the lot will look when completed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 05:14:55 PM »
Oh, it is SOOOO hard to not go into buy mode!  I keep saying to myself, "you will NOT cheat, it is a challenge!"  The thing is, it's getting more and more fun figuring out ways to get what you want without buying stuff.  It's like that guy, Craig's List Joe, who did all kinds of stuff just bartering back and forth on Craig's list.  Traveled all over and everything.  I am now invested in checking out every single fishing spot for goodies.  Finally got a shower, (not shown yet), and a violin and now am hoping for a radio and???? whatever else can be found.  Time out to work on the RD challenge though.  So much fun, so little time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Update To Boldly Go! Mar. 5
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 09:28:04 PM »
Laurent and I are so in love.  It sometimes amazes me how, with all the silly struggles we've had building our little nest that we are such love birds.  Every day when one or the other of us comes home from work we greet the other with a kiss.

That particular evening we wound up once again debating how we would continue on.  Do we focus on careers?  Remember we had agreed to max most of them.  Do we continue to try to max our collections?  Again, we had agreed to do that as well.  Finally, we decided on a short trip to Granite Falls to visit the hermit.  We had a couple of fish to catch we could only get there and I needed a few lessons in herbalism.  As usual, she and I chatted for hours, bonding a close friendship and sharing our recipes.

Unfortunately, we never did catch those fish we wanted.  For one thing, Laurent always got so homesick while camping.  For another, we think there was a mysterious creature in the river that chased them away.  All we got was a shower and a picture of the creature.  We must redouble our efforts while at home to see if we can see our local "Nessie".

Back home again, I used my lessons to the good.  My garden was growing beautifully and I finally got that last herb identified.  Oh, and I maxed out the gardening skill.   Hmmm,  I forgot to take a nice picture of "Bossy", our cowplant.  Oh well, we'll do the garden another time.

Laurent has taken up painting as a hobby.  He says one day he may actually join the painter career, although I don't know why since he really wants to be an astronaut and go into space.  He'll have to buff up a bit for that though!

Meanwhile, while at work, he finally maxed out the Scientist career!  Here is a picture of him upgrading our equipment.

Ima:  Honey!!!  You did it!!  Congratulations!

Laurent:  Yes, at last.  And now it's time for a celebration and I know just what I want to do!

Ima:  Laurent!   You naughty boy!

Laurent:  Hush and get in here!  I guarantee it will be fun.

*giggles, bush rustling, sound of fireworks*

Ima:  Oh!  Laurent!

Laurent:  See?  I told you it would be fun.

Ima:  Yes, but what of the neighbors?

Laurent:  Out here?  Who cares!  Viva l'amour!

Ima:  I didn't know you were so adventurous!  You continue to surprise and amaze me.  Ummm, you don't suppose the Watcher caught us do you?

Laurent:  Again, who cares?  As for adventure, have I got some fun for you!

He wasn't just whistling Dixie!  He led me inside to our new, improved wormhole generator and.................

Voila!!  Our first landing on Sixam!  Laurent had told me this was possible but with all the tinkering with the generator he had done at home I wasn't sure it would work.
We immediately set up a tent, (I had to sleep five nights in a tent for my Outdoor Enthusiast goal), and off he went to explore.

Laurent here.  While ma cherie slumbers peacefully under an alien sky, I got busy harvesting some new and unusual fruits.  I am convinced she will make some very delicious foods with these and they will look quite lovely in our garden.  However, I must say harvesting some of them was quite a challenge as they tended to bite or prick ones fingers.  No mind.  I got all I needed.  This could make a huge difference in our financial situation as well.  I am sure there will be a large market for such delicacies.

I also made my first contact with the alien peoples here.  I was pleased to see that other than their unusual coloration and garb they were quite human looking, and not at all frightening. 

We became quite friendly, even sharing cell numbers so we could stay in contact.  My first alien friend!

She was quite enthralled with the pictures from Earth.  Our Simnation fascinated her no end.  It was a good thing she was such a good person or there could have been diplomatic repercussions.

Eat your heart out, Jean Luc!  I did boldly go and made some friends, the first contact was a success!  Even this gentleman I met later was a joy to talk with, although he declined my request for DNA samples.

Back home again I knew our adventures must continue, but when and where we do not yet know.  I leave you now with this picture of my darling Ima, perhaps it will be the last time we see her as our Master Chef!  Au revoir!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Loved the alien being enthralled with the pictures from Earth, brilliant!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Your story (and pictures) are wonderful! I don't comment often but I am reading.

Offline Tawny

• Nooboo
I really enjoy your story! I even got a few game tips :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Loved the alien being enthralled with the pictures from Earth, brilliant!

Thank you.  I really wanted him to establish some friends and relationships while there but his allowed time was so short.  He had work the next day!  These two just chatted away with his alien friend being very amused by the photos.

Your story (and pictures) are wonderful! I don't comment often but I am reading.

Thank you, Jude!  Same here.  I don't always comment but I am reading your stories as well.

I really enjoy your story! I even got a few game tips :D

Thank you, Tawny.  Are you doing this kind of challenge as well?  Hope you write it up if so.  I think it's much easier when you have two Sims.  I really admire Miss Trips and how she put together such good rules, (harder than mine), and what she has accomplished.  Right now I think I've made mine a bit more complicated than I had wanted originally, but it still is a lot of fun.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Bummer! Mar. 8 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 05:49:31 PM »
*sigh*  I am such an irresponsible "mom".  As you can see, our poor cowplant met an untimely end, all due to my negligence.  Really, all I had to do was hire a gardener but noooo, I had to pinch pennies while I frolicked with my friends.  RIP "Bossy".

To make it worse, no matter how hard I tried I could not get my incognito party to gold!  Bummer!  Another party frizzled out.  Well, at least I made silver and got a lovely flying llama statue that will do quite nicely in our yard.  I'll try again, of course.  I really do want all golds.

This one didn't go so well either!!  Who knew you could blow a dance party?

After that fiasco the gang and I decided to go to the park.  At least I could practice my mixology skills and Laurent could probably catch more fish.

Little did I know I'd really need one of those frosty beverages!  Anything to pick up the mood.  Did you all realize there were homeless aliens?  I sure didn't until I saw this guy.

Laurent had met a few on his trip to Sixam, and being the kind hearted guy he is, he suggested we have a Weenie Roast, right there in the park.  At least this alien would get a good meal then.  I got into the spirit of things telling ghost stories.

This was our third attempt at a party that day AND a third attempt at a Weenie Roast!  We had everything we needed, right?  Right.  Except I couldn't get anyone to roast hot dogs!  Fail! *sigh*  I thanked everyone for coming and Laurent and I went
home.  It's nice to have such loyal friends.  They said they all had a blast anyway.  Wish I could say the same for me.

At home, Laurent was determined to transform something, ANYTHING, into a bar so we could have better parties right at home.  First shot was the snail sculpture for our garden but then.............

TA DA!  A matching love seat for our lounge.  Things were looking up and it just kept on getting better.  I finally could get all those messy books picked up!  Neat, huh?

Time to rearrange furniture and do a little remodeling.  I'll have pictures soon, I promise.  Our home is turning into quite a mansion.

After all that Laurent and I decided it was time to mosey on over to the gym.  Gotta love those mood manager potions!  We almost never sleep or anything.  So here's a couple of shots of my guy buffing up, although why he still wants to be an astronaut is beyond me.  We really need to sort our priorities!

No cheating Mr. Tough Guy!

We still don't have a completed collection, although it's getting closer and we still haven't met all our aspirations.  I quit my career and then rejoined, hoping to be able to choose the mixology field.  We really do need that bar.  So far don't know if that is possible.  Meanwhile, both Laurent and I paint, play music and do all we can to gear up for the future.  More later.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: My No Buy, Update Bummer! March 8 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »
Lovely update--I love watching your home grow and fill in!
Great job on the loveseat and the bookcase!!!

Arrgggh, the Incognito Party! The "Compliment costume" milestone is so time-consuming! What a slog!
And I've never had the option to throw a Dance Party as a "prestige party."
I did throw one anyway, and the entire household agreed that the party was boring. Oh well.

Sadly, once a sim chooses one branch of a career, the other branch is forever closed to that sim. But Laurent could still go the Mixology route.
Are you finding this game more relaxing?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 01:49:51 PM »
Thank you, Oshizu.  I'm supposed to be building a new mansion for the Build A House Contest but having so much fun with this one I just can't get into it.

I would have gotten gold with the Incognito Party had I had a bar.  I was supposed to mix up a specific drink and of course, couldn't, so I might try again at Partihause.  I do love the Flying Llama statue though.  Makes me laugh.

I didn't know that about the careers!  Bummer.  Oh well, she'll just have to do something else I guess.  I'll just check and see what the rewards are and go with one of those careers.  I need exercise equipment too.  They already have enough desks and the bookcase from transforming but we'll see.  My problem with this type of game is not ever being able to focus and just choose ONE thing to do.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 05:16:34 PM »
I love how you get right into transforming things. When I tried that with Dude he got silly useless things and then started fires all the time so I gave up. I didn't even know that snail statue was even in the game!  :o As for getting that bookcase, wow! What a score!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 06:26:05 AM »
@Playalot, I discovered something.  My culinary Sim has a fire about every 4 or 5 transforms, BUT my high level Scientist rarely has a fire!  Also, my cook gets a grey cube 2 out of 3, more or less, clones.  My Scientist NEVER gets a cube.    So I rarely use Ima for anything involving scientific equipment anymore.  Of course, it leaves me wondering if I'll ever have Laurent in another job!  I have several rooms of my house and a lot of the garden/yard done mostly from transforming and parties.  I so suck at parties!

They still haven't finished any collections, which is annoying.  Spent the entire weekend fishing and only filled one slot.  Two fish to go, the gummy one and the skeleton one but not sure where to find them.

Ima is about to switch careers.  I want a big tv!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 07:33:45 AM »
Dude was level 12 and had maxed his career ages ago but he still made fires more then actually transforming anything. So annoying. He also very rarely got cubes from the cloning machine, but he was 'good' at that from day one.  ::)

I caught a skeleton in the first fishing place by the library in Willow Creek and a gummy fish in the fishing place at the front of Oasis Spring park. I know you can catch them from a few places so I'll get organized tomorrow (it's really late here now) and I'll send you a list (PM)

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
Joria, I caught both of those fish in the spot all the way in the back of Oasis Springs park.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 11:26:19 PM »
I can't believe it has taken me so long to find this amazing challenge and story! It is a real inspiration, I am learning so much! As for the parties, I noticed that you must end any club gatherings while having the party as some of the interactions disappear (ie: Call to meal, compliment costume etc) once you have completed those things you can start the club gathering again. Your house is looking amazing, and good on you for not cheating, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you! hehehe

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »
Thanks for the tips and kind words you guys!  I have to admit this is the most fun I've had playing Sims.  It's like one big puzzle, just how far can you go without buying?  I kinda/sorta "cheated", (in my mind even though it's allowed), by buying another double camping bed on the next vacation at Granite Falls.  I know I'll eventually get one from the Painting Career but I was getting all these fuchsia colored items so decided to go wild with a dark yet bright blue and fuchsia room.  Just colored the camp bed blue and it works.  Oh, and now that I no longer them, I've wound up fishing up three showers at the Hermit's house.  Go figure. 

The collections are finally coming along nicely.  Ima and Laurent completed Geodes after four trips to Sixam, (which does not bode well for the Alien branch of the RDC), and they got credit for completing the Fish Collection even though jelly and skelly are still missing.  We'll go visit Oasis Park again.  Always a good place to acquire more stuff to be transformed!  They've also completed the My Sims Trophy collection which is the first time I've ever done that .

I've been wondering if there is a connection between what you transform and what category of item you get.  Some things almost always give me some sort of decorative plant or planter, some give me end tables repeatedly, others give me tables, (dining, patio type).  It's pretty random as to selection but I've done it enough that I've gotten doubles, triples and more of certain items and styles, enough so my furnishings are now starting to match quite nicely.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »
Hahaha, isn't that always the way it works?

Oh, and now that I no longer them, I've wound up fishing up three showers at the Hermit's house.  Go figure.   

Oh, you completed the MySims collection!  I haven't seen the last 4 rare MySims in ages.  My games just don't offer them up!
About your geodes, aren't there also one or two geodes around the Science lab?Still, four trips for what, six (?can't remember and too lazy to check) geodes, ugh.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Partayy!! March 11 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2016, 08:03:05 PM »
Yes, oshizu, only six.  I've never found one around the science lab, only little aliens which are collectible as well.  Those are usually the dead ones, at least so far, but Sixam has two of the little glowing wells where you can find live ones.  So far Laurent is still stuck at being a Scientist so I can complete the rocket ship and level his skill, complete the pictures you get with both the microscope and telescope and hopefully finish up the collection of little aliens and space rocks.  Thanks to that I've got my UFO fruit for the garden which is only one death flower away from being completed.  I'll just hire a gardener, (oh how I wish I could have one live in!), for the daily drudgery and just keep on evolving till the plants are all perfect.  And now, let's go see what Ima and Laurent have done for the past few days.

************************************************************************************************************

It's been interesting times for us lately, both here and in Sixam.  Laurent had barely arrived home when all of a sudden these lovely lights appeared and the next thing you knew he was rising in the air toward a shining disc in the sky.  This was something neither he nor I expected for sure!  Did I forget to turn the satellite on?

In a short while he was returned to us, but first they took the time to bounce him up and down like a yo-yo.  It was more amusing for me than him I'm sure.  Ultimately they just plopped him down unceremoniously in the garden.  Maybe this was pay back for harvesting so many things from their world, or maybe it was just their sense of humor.

The same evening the space ship came back and attempted to beam me up as well.  They failed because our Watcher stepped in and by going into Build Mode, and choosing to rotate our lot.  This apparently frightened them enough they simply disappeared leaving me, and our re-rotated home, in peace.  Warning enough for me to be much more alart about the satellite dish in the future.

Still, it was enough of a shock that I felt a little peaceful rest and relaxation was in order so off I went to our beautiful pool.  It's not quite finished but I think it's coming along nicely thanks to Laurent's tranforming.  Our little pool gnome looks like he's ready to jump in with me.

One of our other gnomes was very worried and it seemed like he was trying to call me out of the water, or maybe he was just yelling at his brother gnome.

As you can see, our "pond" needs more work, but I'm particularly fond of this area.  A quiet place to meditate with the gentle flow of water, and our favorite mascot, the flying llama, close by.  Of course, Slimet, (pronounced Sly-may), our pet snail, is there to keep him calmed down.  Our llama needs a name, (and Sly wants a new one as well), any suggestions?

Laurent and I have been working very hard on our collections.  I don't have a picture of our fish wall yet, but here is one of him cloning our last My Sim Trophy.  This should provide us with even more objects to transform.

Perhaps it's time to show you what we've been doing with our home?  Laurent has been so busy at his transforming we are really moving along in our decorating.  And talking about moving, we moved our garden over to the side and obtained a new cowplant.  Her name is Clarabelle.

No thank you, Clara.  But if you are hungry here's a bit for you.  I know you like fish better than cake.

Laurent has also been busy cloning our mood managers and other potions.  Here are the shelves he and I have been making full of his cups of potion.  This is in our upstairs open area.

Downstairs in the focus room we have more potions, oh, and me hard at work learning programming.

Right next to that room is our lounge.  It's filling up nicely but there is more to be done.  I want a big screen tv!  As you can see, both Laurent and I also do quite a bit of painting.  No empty walls for us!

Here is our Inspired room.  Music, writing and art all in one space.  If we had a child we might have to expand it, or at least rearrange the furniture!  You can see part of our kitchen but since that hasn't changed much recently I did not take a better picture of it.

We've worked more on our "back yard" as well.  Not only did we move and improve the garden, but we built a dance floor area, a quiet place to sit on the patio, a nice fire pit area, guest quarters and there is even room for games.

Upstairs we've been filling in some bedrooms.  I guess it's obvious that we've been considering having children some time in the future.  This one would be for our boys if we have any.

And this could possibly be for a future young lady or two.  This is the first time I've ever used such vibrant colors but I rather like it.  The area to the right is currently where we have some of our collections, but in future who knows what it will hold.

The other day Laurent was surprised at work.  The scientists had all been invited to Sixam to attend a special Alien party.  I guess it was some sort or holiday or other for them and they wanted to share it with Laurent.  Maybe to make up for the yoyo stunt?  Anyway, this is the sight that greeted him when he arrived.

They had everything a Sim would imagine!  A "fun house" area, a dance floor, a place to sit and eat and a very nice bar.  Laurent did not imbibe.

Pretty soon the place filled up with more Aliens that Laurent ever imagined existed.  He is considering having a club just for Aliens.  We'll see.  I'm not sure I want all of them at our house.  I really did not like the whole abduction attempt!  Who knows, maybe when I get to know them better.

Well, that's it for now.  See you soon.  I hope you enjoyed the house tour!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Partay!!! March 11 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2016, 04:12:00 AM »
Your alien party looks amazing!! Did you go nuts in buy mode for that? hehehe You are doing so well.. keep it up!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Partay!!! March 11 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2016, 06:44:57 AM »
Actually, I didn't do any of it!  When Laurent arrived at work he was told the Aliens expected him at Sixam and when he got there it was party time.  The game did it and quite well I think.  Pays to be a scientist!

----------
My No Buy Story

anything