Author Topic: Re: My No Buy, I'm Baaaackk! May 21 First note has link to chapters  (Read 31631 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Update Bummer! March 8 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 02:27:17 PM »
Thanks for the tips and kind words you guys!  I have to admit this is the most fun I've had playing Sims.  It's like one big puzzle, just how far can you go without buying?  I kinda/sorta "cheated", (in my mind even though it's allowed), by buying another double camping bed on the next vacation at Granite Falls.  I know I'll eventually get one from the Painting Career but I was getting all these fuchsia colored items so decided to go wild with a dark yet bright blue and fuchsia room.  Just colored the camp bed blue and it works.  Oh, and now that I no longer them, I've wound up fishing up three showers at the Hermit's house.  Go figure. 

The collections are finally coming along nicely.  Ima and Laurent completed Geodes after four trips to Sixam, (which does not bode well for the Alien branch of the RDC), and they got credit for completing the Fish Collection even though jelly and skelly are still missing.  We'll go visit Oasis Park again.  Always a good place to acquire more stuff to be transformed!  They've also completed the My Sims Trophy collection which is the first time I've ever done that .

I've been wondering if there is a connection between what you transform and what category of item you get.  Some things almost always give me some sort of decorative plant or planter, some give me end tables repeatedly, others give me tables, (dining, patio type).  It's pretty random as to selection but I've done it enough that I've gotten doubles, triples and more of certain items and styles, enough so my furnishings are now starting to match quite nicely.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: My No Buy, Update Bummer! March 8 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »
Hahaha, isn't that always the way it works?

Oh, and now that I no longer them, I've wound up fishing up three showers at the Hermit's house.  Go figure.   

Oh, you completed the MySims collection!  I haven't seen the last 4 rare MySims in ages.  My games just don't offer them up!
About your geodes, aren't there also one or two geodes around the Science lab?Still, four trips for what, six (?can't remember and too lazy to check) geodes, ugh.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Partayy!! March 11 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2016, 08:03:05 PM »
Yes, oshizu, only six.  I've never found one around the science lab, only little aliens which are collectible as well.  Those are usually the dead ones, at least so far, but Sixam has two of the little glowing wells where you can find live ones.  So far Laurent is still stuck at being a Scientist so I can complete the rocket ship and level his skill, complete the pictures you get with both the microscope and telescope and hopefully finish up the collection of little aliens and space rocks.  Thanks to that I've got my UFO fruit for the garden which is only one death flower away from being completed.  I'll just hire a gardener, (oh how I wish I could have one live in!), for the daily drudgery and just keep on evolving till the plants are all perfect.  And now, let's go see what Ima and Laurent have done for the past few days.

************************************************************************************************************

It's been interesting times for us lately, both here and in Sixam.  Laurent had barely arrived home when all of a sudden these lovely lights appeared and the next thing you knew he was rising in the air toward a shining disc in the sky.  This was something neither he nor I expected for sure!  Did I forget to turn the satellite on?

In a short while he was returned to us, but first they took the time to bounce him up and down like a yo-yo.  It was more amusing for me than him I'm sure.  Ultimately they just plopped him down unceremoniously in the garden.  Maybe this was pay back for harvesting so many things from their world, or maybe it was just their sense of humor.

The same evening the space ship came back and attempted to beam me up as well.  They failed because our Watcher stepped in and by going into Build Mode, and choosing to rotate our lot.  This apparently frightened them enough they simply disappeared leaving me, and our re-rotated home, in peace.  Warning enough for me to be much more alart about the satellite dish in the future.

Still, it was enough of a shock that I felt a little peaceful rest and relaxation was in order so off I went to our beautiful pool.  It's not quite finished but I think it's coming along nicely thanks to Laurent's tranforming.  Our little pool gnome looks like he's ready to jump in with me.

One of our other gnomes was very worried and it seemed like he was trying to call me out of the water, or maybe he was just yelling at his brother gnome.

As you can see, our "pond" needs more work, but I'm particularly fond of this area.  A quiet place to meditate with the gentle flow of water, and our favorite mascot, the flying llama, close by.  Of course, Slimet, (pronounced Sly-may), our pet snail, is there to keep him calmed down.  Our llama needs a name, (and Sly wants a new one as well), any suggestions?

Laurent and I have been working very hard on our collections.  I don't have a picture of our fish wall yet, but here is one of him cloning our last My Sim Trophy.  This should provide us with even more objects to transform.

Perhaps it's time to show you what we've been doing with our home?  Laurent has been so busy at his transforming we are really moving along in our decorating.  And talking about moving, we moved our garden over to the side and obtained a new cowplant.  Her name is Clarabelle.

No thank you, Clara.  But if you are hungry here's a bit for you.  I know you like fish better than cake.

Laurent has also been busy cloning our mood managers and other potions.  Here are the shelves he and I have been making full of his cups of potion.  This is in our upstairs open area.

Downstairs in the focus room we have more potions, oh, and me hard at work learning programming.

Right next to that room is our lounge.  It's filling up nicely but there is more to be done.  I want a big screen tv!  As you can see, both Laurent and I also do quite a bit of painting.  No empty walls for us!

Here is our Inspired room.  Music, writing and art all in one space.  If we had a child we might have to expand it, or at least rearrange the furniture!  You can see part of our kitchen but since that hasn't changed much recently I did not take a better picture of it.

We've worked more on our "back yard" as well.  Not only did we move and improve the garden, but we built a dance floor area, a quiet place to sit on the patio, a nice fire pit area, guest quarters and there is even room for games.

Upstairs we've been filling in some bedrooms.  I guess it's obvious that we've been considering having children some time in the future.  This one would be for our boys if we have any.

And this could possibly be for a future young lady or two.  This is the first time I've ever used such vibrant colors but I rather like it.  The area to the right is currently where we have some of our collections, but in future who knows what it will hold.

The other day Laurent was surprised at work.  The scientists had all been invited to Sixam to attend a special Alien party.  I guess it was some sort or holiday or other for them and they wanted to share it with Laurent.  Maybe to make up for the yoyo stunt?  Anyway, this is the sight that greeted him when he arrived.

They had everything a Sim would imagine!  A "fun house" area, a dance floor, a place to sit and eat and a very nice bar.  Laurent did not imbibe.

Pretty soon the place filled up with more Aliens that Laurent ever imagined existed.  He is considering having a club just for Aliens.  We'll see.  I'm not sure I want all of them at our house.  I really did not like the whole abduction attempt!  Who knows, maybe when I get to know them better.

Well, that's it for now.  See you soon.  I hope you enjoyed the house tour!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: My No Buy, Partay!!! March 11 First note has link to chapters links
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2016, 04:12:00 AM »
Your alien party looks amazing!! Did you go nuts in buy mode for that? hehehe You are doing so well.. keep it up!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2016, 06:44:57 AM »
Actually, I didn't do any of it!  When Laurent arrived at work he was told the Aliens expected him at Sixam and when he got there it was party time.  The game did it and quite well I think.  Pays to be a scientist!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »
That's fantastic! Love it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2016, 03:58:02 PM »
My apologies.  Once again Mediafire is having problems.  They assure me they have my missing files and we'll be able to view them soon.  I have quite a bit of the next section ready to write up but I don't dare try to upload pictures till they have fixed their problem.  Keep tuned for an update.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2016, 04:21:36 AM »
I'm so jealous of your alien party. I still have never had that happen as when the opportunity comes up my game always crashes! Loving this!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2016, 10:53:48 PM »
Thanks, Play.  It was a first for me too.  I think it was because my guy was 2 raises past maxing that career.  I had kept him in it because I wanted to be able to finish up some collections so was pretty surprised when he was told to go to Sixam.  Almost didn't go. Yikes!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 05:19:17 PM »
I'll be playing and posting more on this story, hopefully today, but my PERSONAL BIG NEWS is my kid will be appearing on MYX-tv's show, Call to Cosplay which airs tonight and can be seen on your pc via streaming tomorrow.  She's the one with the really dark hair.  Unfortunately, due to her Crohn's disease, she had been on prednisone for awhile before the filming and it shows.  Thankfully she's off it and on a new medication.
If you are interested, you could search Facebook for Kaythulhuferret to see some of the costumes she's made and worn.  Here on Carl's she's known as Squeakyclean, but most of her game play now is with Dragon Age Inquisition.  She's the one who got me started with all this Sims stuff~~!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
*Sighs*  How much more can we do?  Life continues on for Laurent and I.  Always in love, always skilling, always transforming always a bit boring.  Even the club isn't interesting anymore.  We've got ALL the perks and we use moodlet managers so what's the point?  As usual, we share the work in the garden, which is coming along magnificently.  Most of our plants are either pristine or perfect so that's one more personal goal almost met.  Mooreen, our new cowplant, (yes, I killed off poor Clarabelle with neglect), seems to take it all in stride.  At least she laughs at my attempts to play with her without getting eaten.  I swear she is plotting something in revenge for her lost sisters.

The Alien plants are doing especially well for us and bringing in quite a bit of cash.  We've maxed out Fabulously Wealthy and Mansion Baron and are currently running out of rewards we haven't yet bought. 

Doing anything around here is now taking so long our Watcher is threatening to remove a lot of our stored treasures.  She says they slow her down.  Hmmmpf!  She has a lot of nerve.  After all, WE were the ones working hard to acquire them.

I guess, when you see how much stuff now has to be transformed you could say she has a point.  No, Laurent isn't trying to transform his friend from work.  It just looks that way.

Of course, Mr. Simray happy had to start still one more fire.  He says he just has so much fun putting them out.

The other day we ran into Jasmine.  What a neat lady!  She enjoyed gardening and shared her secrets about Easter Eggs and Grow Fruit with us, and was kind enough to give us some super fertilizer for our plants.  How kind!

Here's a snapshot of our Easter Egg collection.  We got an adorable bunny to go in what I personally hope will someday be our child's room.  More on that later.  Oh, you can see our glowing Grow Fruit trees in the background.  We've already harvested enough of them to get the first reward from Jasmine.

Sometimes Laurent gets in this crazy mood.  Here he is trying to show me what a great dancer he is.  Of course I complimented him.  lol

He invited me to give it a try but I decided I needed more practice before I was going to do any showing off.  It's not a skill either one of us is very high in.

Ima:  Laurent, we really need to have a talk about our future.  You're still stuck in your Scientist career just so you can max out rocket science and acquire all the pictures from the microscope and telescope.  Me, I'm ok with a new job but this big house seems so empty sometimes.

Laurent:  You're right.  It's getting to be a bit of a slog, isn't it?  Any ideas?

Ima:  Well, we still have parties we haven't done in gold yet.  Yeah!  Let's PARTAY!

Laurent:  Well, I need to silver one for my Cooking so let's do it.  Call up the party and the gang and let's go!

Ima:  Laurent you're the best.  I just love you so much!

Laurent:  And I you, Babe.  Party time?

Ima:  Right after this hug.

Well, we called up an Incognito Party once again.

It was quite the bash.  Everyone loved Laurent's food and I stood in as bartender.  Not sure if we made gold or not but we definitely did silver!  Yay!  Notice how slim Bob Pancakes is looking?  All that gym time with the club sure is paying off for him.

Party off but the night was still young.  We were starting to get a bit weary so we slugged down some potion.  We wanted to head to Sixam to see if we could find Grow Fruit trees there.

Sadly, no Grow Fruit trees but there definitely were more Easter Eggs.  Best of all, time to make some more friends.

We spent what was left of the night playing chess on our patio.  We love the friendly competition and neither one of us gets upset when the other wins.  Hey, we're gaining skill so who cares?  Besides, it's fun.

I got another promotion at work.  Before you know it a gaming rig will be ours! 

I'm headed to work.  See you all later!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Your sims are so adorable and it really is amazing just how much 'stuff' you can get without entering buy mode. Love this.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
You really are doing so well! Keep going.. I know it's probably a getting to that boring stage.. we can be your cheer squad! hehehe

Offline seasidesarah

• Nooboo
Love this story - you've inspired me to have a go at the NoBuyMode challenge, I'm playing a mix of your and MissTrips' rules as my aim is to learn as much as possible, explore the new opportunities that come with Get Together and Outdoor Retreat (just bought them  :D) and decide how I'm going to use what I've learned in my big story neighbourhood which is updated and played on a much slower timescale!

Hope it's ok that I've borrowed some of your ideas - I'm updating on my Tumblr at https://www.tumblr.com/blog/seasidesimming if you want to see how I'm stumbling through!

Sarah x

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Joria, where do I even begin? When you first told me about the plans for an IDC with no buy I thought: super easy. Then I come here and it takes so much hard work to get exactly what you want and you've done a fantastic job with the build. I love the pool, the garden, everything. Ima and Laurent are adorable, would love to see their kids one day but I can't wait to see what else they get up too <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast